What did she buy at Target and How did she do it?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Girlfriend LOVES her some Target...I can't wait to hear what she bought.

At least we know what she did with some of her time...shopped.

Even if they did steal it and signed with something that looked like your signature. If you call within 24 hours (if I remember correctly, it's been awhile) and say that "such and such is my last authorized charge" they can only make you pay for $50 of unauthorized charges. Also, MOST good/honest banks don't even make you pay that $50 because of promoting good customer relations.

Now checks... wow! Never seen a store take a check without 50,000 forms of ID.... unless you are a member of their customer rewards program because they link your ID to it. Even then they usually ask to see the photo ID.

I want to see a receipt SO bad! Was it all for her did she buy ANYTHING for Caylee? Of course, I think Caylee was already dead when she wrote the checks.

They check here in Texas in fact one of my check cards has an error because it was issued on my main account yet it has the name like another account I also have at the same bank for a minor child. So my check card that should say (my name) "Doe" says "Doefor" because my daughters account is Jane Doe for minor child Janice Doe and I have had retailers not accept it as I do not have id to match.

Who knows why they were lazy at that target.

Kathy (not really a doe)

They check here in Texas in fact one of my check cards has an error because it was issued on my main account yet it has the name like another account I also have at the same bank for a minor child. So my check card that should say (my name) "Doe" says "Doefor" because my daughters account is Jane Doe for minor child Janice Doe and I have had retailers not accept it as I do not have id to match.

Who knows why they were lazy at that target.

Kathy (not really a doe)

Here where I am in Cali, if I write a check at a store, say target the next time I go back they do not ask for ID. I think the system stores the information. I know because one time used a check from another account and I needed to show my ID. Maybe it is a certain amount that they will ask for ID if they already have your account stored in your system.

Did I read some where that Caseys ID was acutally on the back of the check of Amys? now that is crazy if it was not stopped.

I skimmed right over that...thanks for pointing that out. Well they had to be starter checks so she must have written the information on them herself. If Casey ordered checks then she wouldn't have stolen them from Amy. It also continues to discuss how Amy recovered the check book from the ex boyfriend of the "suspect".
yeah---i am thinking that if they were starter checks that she must have had them printed on cause most places these days do not take starter checks when people "write" the info. in!!i have worked in retail for 22 years and ALL the places that i have worked have a policy about the name/address etc. must be printed on the checks and not written!!!who knows though---i wish they would release a copy of the checks and the receipt info . though!!

Here where I am in Cali, if I write a check at a store, say target the next time I go back they do not ask for ID. I think the system stores the information. I know because one time used a check from another account and I needed to show my ID. Maybe it is a certain amount that they will ask for ID if they already have your account stored in your system.

Did I read some where that Caseys ID was acutally on the back of the check of Amys? now that is crazy if it was not stopped.

Again, it was a check to Amy's account, however the NAME ON THE CHECK was CASEY's. Target did nothing wrong.

i'd like to know why she spent so much money at target, and especially at two different targets in one day...:detective:

Remember Casey ripped off her grandparents by cloning the routing numbers from a gift check they gave her. She is obviously familiar with and skilled at cloning and modifying checks to suit her needs. It wouldn't surprise me of a much longer history of doing this then has been so far revealed.

You realize that Visa and Mastercard will make you pay for any fraudulent charges if your card is recovered with "See ID" instead of your signature? It is a violation of the cardholder agreement. Just a warning from an ex-Visa/Mastercard employee.

I have SEE ID ALONG with my signature on the back of the cards. But thanks anyway.

Once the case is over, will all the purchases be made public?
thanks, suzet

I am going to tell you what happened to me a few years ago so that you know how easy it is to steal someone's account. I had my purse stolen and about 6 months after they used my credit cards and I stopped them, I thought I was out of the woods. However, they ended up taking my driver's license, putting someone else's picture in it, stole someone else's checking account information and made checks out in my name.

I started getting calls from Wal-Mart, Target, Office Max and other stores from about 7 different states. They put a warrant out to arrest me as if I stole the person's checking information and was traveling state to state to cash these checks. It took forever to prove what happened and the people responsible were never arrested, but apparently it's not that difficult to print up checks like that and all they would need would be her liscense.

I hope that makes sense but stealing checking accounts seems pretty easy and having been a victim, I am so happy that she was stupid enough to get caught! I wish other's were that dumb.

http://www.ocso.com/LinkClick.aspx?l...d=547&mid=1935
Posted 09.03.08 - 3:16pm Jim Solomons Fraud3 Affidavit 9/3/2008
Check #144 for $155.47 to Target.

http://www.ocso.com/LinkClick.aspx?l...d=547&mid=1935
Posted 09.03.08 - 3:16pm Jim Solomons Fraud4 Affidavit 9/3/2008
Check #143 for $137.77 to Target.

I saw these on another thread and forgive me for "lifting" them, but it got me thinking...

At the Target I frequent, you quite often get a Gift receipt when you've finished checking out. On the bottom of that receipt is a serial number... that's housed in their system for 90 days. With that number they are able to pull up everything that was purchased in that transaction. So.. if most stores are the same, they are able to query all transactions in said store for 90 days from date of query. I'm even leaning towards the notion that they'd be able to search by payment method, dollar amount, etc to drill down quickly.

With that being said - has anyone ever mentioned LE going to Target to see what was purchased with these checks? I'm thinking rolling dufflebag, trash bags, coolers, or anything else that might assist in disposal? Crude I know.

If this has been brought up before, I apologize. My search skills are still elementary on this site.

Just some food for thought.....:confused::confused:

Read the affadavit on the OCSO website..it states what they already have in regards to the Target trips.

Added...one of the things listed is Documents from Target..I'm SURE they have receipts.

Links do not work

I had to go back through with a finer tooth comb... my eyes hurt now. :)

Sorry for not further researching before I asked... wish we could see what she bought!!! :waitasec:

Forgive me for not having a link -- but I do recall that on the NG show it was said that everything she bought was something a "normal 22 yr. old" would buy.

heh.

They also have tape from the store's cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daisy82504