What do you make of Terri never speaking to the media?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you asking me?

In what way has DY's looks changed? She looks devastated in her face and eyes. Are you referring to her wearing make up and having her hair fixed?
I still saw nothing but stress and anguish in her face, regardless of the fact her hair looked nice. I have naturally curly hair and it takes all of five minutes to throw in some anti-frizz gel and pull it back in a tie. DY is a naturally attractive lady so it probably didn't take much effort on her part to look nice at the presser.

BBM. Amen and amen!

I don't get that, because the media can be a big help in cases like this. Investigative journalism is a good thing, and I see nothing wrong with this reporting confronting TH and asking for her side of the story. She's not fragile, or made of glass. I'm sure she lived through this "horrible" experience.
If the media stops focusing on this case then it would hurt the chance of finding Kyron.

jmo

I will make this post then pack the laptop up, my daughter might be getting her liver transplant finally and I am headed for a long stay at the hospital with her. Please pray for her.
I know a couple of people who are very narcissistic and vain. I mean, very. Is it possible that everything in Terris world was fine, she was still a consummate liar but all, but was mentally "well", when she was body building size and was looking wonderful. Then she gets pregnant and her body changed, drastic change from how she "was" Maybe what we are dealing with is not PPD, but after the birth of her baby, after about 6 mos and shes still not back to her pre-baby size, is feeling dumpy perhaps, is stuck inside with a baby and a 5 (or so) year old kid plus her own who was around 14, and maybe no way or no time to get to the gym, she becomes depressed over her body image and might even have suspected Kaine of having an affair out of insecurity about her own appearance. She looks worlds away from how she looked back when she was in that contest. Maybe AD put on the weight she was trying so desperately to lose. Perhaps even without custody of Kyron, Desiree was a far superior mother than Terri was, and that ate at her also. Shes doing all the "work", but Kyron is older now and increasingly loves his biological Mom, and seems like Desiree gets "all the glory".
Suspecting, real or imagined, that Kaine was interested in someone else, knowing if they split she would be left high and dry with no prospects at a real FT teaching job (the economy plus her child endangerment business) she went off the deep end and tried to hire landscaper to kill Kaine. Both for insurance money and for paybacks for the real or imagined affair. When that plan backfired, she was already way deep into irrational thinking...then her own teenage son is sent to live with grandparents, for whatever reason, perhaps the first and only time she had been separated from her firstborn child. Now shes stuck at home with a toddler and a child that isn't hers, even though she has raised him since he was practically the age baby K is now. She has a working husband who possibly spends less and less attention on her, and what time he is home is spent with the children, and you would expect he would give a lot of love and attention to his own biological child, Kyron. Maybe Terri blames Kaine for her teenage son being sent away. "You have no love lost for MY child, I have no love lost for YOURS". And she begins to think of her problems (still haven't figured out why)and that maybe getting rid of Kyron is the answer to whatever her major malfunction is. Maybe to be one less kid in the house or maybe to "get back" at Kaine. She wants to compete in the July bodybuilding contest (a lofty goal, IMO). Maybe things are not so frequent in the intimacy department with Kaine anymore. She continues to suspect infidelity, and thinks if she could only get her perfect body back, her life would return to normal again. Shes no longer turning heads like she did when she was think and bodybuilding, now shes just another "plain old mother" blending into the crowds. Shes used to being in the spotlight, being stared at, and she wants that again. At any cost.
How she makes the leap to doing away with Kyron as being the answer to *any* of this I have not figured out. Maybe her mind snapped at some point.
Maybe she was taking medications for something and it affected her rational thinking. Maybe some kind of speed (maybe an amphetamine Rx, even) to help her lose the weight and also get through day after day of the same old, same old. Not acceptable for a narcissist, it isn't about "her her her" any longer. Of course she will not harm her own precious child. The most logical person to go is Kyron, she can't kill Kaine w/out help, but Kyrons a much easier target.
I still don;t discount the theory that she was posioning Kaine, as another poster suggested a few days ago,and maybe Kyron got the wrong plate that morning, and by the time the science fair was almost over, Kyron was not feeling well and she realized she had accidently poisioned him, not Kaine. She rushes Kyron out of the school and sometime after getting him into the truck, he has a seizure and dies from the poison. (I have a hard time imagining her doing actually physical violence to Kyron, I really do) So she disposes of his body in a place familiar to her that shes reasonably sure he won't be found in. Drives to Sauvie w/ cell phone knowing darn well the pings will place her there and not where she has actually put Kyron. If she was smart enough to go to Sauvie to throw off where she actually put Kyron then I don't know why she wasn't smart enough to make a purchase from a fruit stand or store on the island, as a pretense for LE later as to why she went there.
How she kept a straight face and did her academy award winning performance at the bus stop that day with Kaine is beyond my wildest imagination. Knowing damn well he was not on the bus...poor Kaines panic and she stands there through it all acting the concerned "mother".
-Why, tho? Kyron was getting ready to leave THAT DAY for extended time away with his own natural mother & step father, why did she have to do away with him when he was going to be gone anyway? She would have had her own perfect little nuclear family to herself, for awhile anyway. I don;t understand that part.
When Kaine and DY appear to be a cohesive unit against her early on, when her own husband has suspicions about her even before he knows of the murder for hire business, and she feels like the real "third wheel" all of a sudden, with Kaine and Desiree uniting in grief over the loss of their child, she feels even more alone, abandoned, and certainly not attractive next to the (IMO) stunning Desiree. Now she has to play-act 24/7 as the grieving step-mom, but how? She takes her cues from crying Desire, we all saw that at the presser. Maybe she feels like Desirees husband, being LE himself, is a threat to her "safety" after what she has done. He will figure her out, she fears. She looked insecure, out of place, and unsure how she was supposed to be reacting to it all around the time of the first presser.. Kaine is distant from her as Desiree has already infomed him that she has no doubt Terri is involved in Kyrons disappearance. Kaine is putting 2+2 together in his mind, hence his behavior at presser, comforting Terri but only perfunctory on his part, he is actually almost repelled by her next to him. God only knows what heated conversations occured over the days after wards in that house. Kaine is now sure she is involved, gets news from LE about the lawn man hit scheme, and that's the final straw. He takes the baby and leaves her alone in the house with only her parents. Her teenage son is even spirited away from all the madness after just one day home for a visit. Divorce and RO filed. Pressers with Desiree and himself, or with DY, Tony and himself releasing statements. Terri left out of it all and loking guilty to the entire nation and community.
Shes standing out like a sore thumb as she knows it. She decides best course of action is to say nothing, go nowhere, maybe it will all blow over (she is no longer capable of rational thought).
Shes forced to get an atty., something she had out off thinking that by not getting one she would look innocent. After all innocent people wouldn't need a lawyer, right? Even alone at home with her own parents, her father suspects her and says as much the few times he has talked to the public, a 50/50 chance she will be arrested.
Now her world is crashing down around her, definately not part of whatever plan she may have had. Kaine is making moves to have her removed form her home. Her precious baby is gone from her and she realizes she is in such deep chit she will probably never get custody of her own daughter. Every way she turns she is the villan. Maybe she reads the stuff written about her online which further fuels her paranoia. Maybe her parents are pressuring her dailyto tell the truth. Nobody is on her side anymore. She knows even her atty doesn't really believe shes not involved, she has NO ONE.
She feels by clamming up she can forestall the inevitable. Having not been arrested yet, and Kyron still not found, she has a glimmer of hope she might get away with this, although not as she had planned as she has lost her husband, her daughter, the respect of her teenage son, and now shes losing her house. Everything is out of her control now. She knows she should come clean but to do so will guarantee she is taken away and locked up, the loss of the one thing she has left, her freedom.

Just my newest working theory. What do you think?

I'm headed down the road but will be checking in from time to time as the hospital has wifi, and I will be doing alot of sitting and waiting with my daughter. Thank God for the boards right now, a good distraction from whats hopefully coming for my daughter in the days ahead.

Please come home Kyron, we all care about you and want you home and safe so bad.
Please come clean and be a human being and tell where this little boy is Terri, and let her family get on with the grieving process.

abbie
Prayers for your daughter. I have spent a great deal of time sitting in the hospital waiting. Get some mashed taters for me. I love hospital food.Crazy but true!!All the best.

Not that I like the lady, but she no reason to talk to this reporter. What if she had said something? Chances are the media would clip it, spin it, and put it on the 10:00 news. She did the right thing.

Let LE do their job to bring Kryon home and the media should stay out of it!!

MOO

Mel

I think LE is using the media to do their job in this case. I wonder if it was LE that tipped the reporter off that she would be in that garage.

LE and the media work hand in hand no matter how much the pretend to hate each other.

I think LE is using the media to do their job in this case. I wonder if it was LE that tipped the reporter off that she would be in that garage.

LE and the media work hand in hand no matter how much the pretend to hate each other.

I agree!
Also, it's funny because the fact that people were complaining when a couple members of the press were not allowed in to question KH and DY at the one presser because it would hurt finding Kyron. Some were saying "the media can help" "first amendment" "let them report on the case", but now a reporter asked TH some questions it's a different story?
lol
I just think it's fine he asked, and it's fine she didn't answer. I'm more interested in her demeanor throughout the little clip than whether she talked or not.

Yep - getting hits on his station's website. He did a good job, considering it was for absolutely nothing, a completely non-interview. I'm amazed.

He tried and that's all he could do, and it's not like TH has never talked to reporters before, or left comments on news sites trying to explain her side instead of talking to LE.

s

He certainly presents a compelling case not to talk to the police, innocent or ilty.

I would have liked to seen the other side of it. The police officer present was given the floor to present the opposing side, but the recording was cut off at that point, so I didn't get to compare both options. I only got half the argument, so I am unable to fully evaluate if it's better or not to talk to the police, especially if I am innocent.

You can search on youtube for the full video. The detective tells the class that everything the professor said was true.

I don't get that, because the media can be a big help in cases like this. Investigative journalism is a good thing, and I see nothing wrong with this reporting confronting TH and asking for her side of the story. She's not fragile, or made of glass. I'm sure she lived through this "horrible" experience.
If the media stops focusing on this case then it would hurt the chance of finding Kyron.

jmo

I consider that non-interview to be anything but investigative journalism lol. It was a big zero. It contained absolutely no information about the case, no information that can lead us to what happened to Kyron (the most important thing to me). It contained nothing about anything. But it sure brought hits to the station's website lol.

I want information. I don't like wasting my time. But that's just me.

He tried and that's all he could do, and it's not like TH has never talked to reporters before, or left comments on news sites trying to explain her side instead of talking to LE.

Trying to get an interview is his job, yes, and I'm perfectly fine with that. Airing the video when he couldn't was ridiculous.

:cow:

BeanE, I'm only replying to a post upthread. Not saying there's any connection at all. Just happened to notice the ring.

Abbie

Well thought out post.

I am praying for your girl...and for you. I can only imagine how difficult her illness has been for you. What affects our children affects us too..God bless and help you all

Whether or not I was innocent, if I was in the middle of this as she is, I would obey my lawyer and keep my mouth shut. However, the astonishing part to me is that she shows no emotion whatsoever. Some people are cool under pressure, but I think it would be difficult to be that stone faced. It seems that most people would give some emotion away.

AbbieNormal...I'm sending out prayers for your daughter's speedy recovery. Good luck to both you and her.

Regarding Dy - I see a biomom who is fighting mad and is going to see this awful thing through, no matter what the end result. I do not envy her at all but she has displayed grace under pressure. I could not have been as composed as her under these circumstances! She is mad as he77 and wants her child back and she is to be commended for working in unison with KH to do all that is needed to get Kyron back.
They have both put the past behind them and joined forces (together, which really has to frost TH when she sees those PC's!) in an effort to find their son. This, I believe, is the opposite of what TH expected to happen. I firmly believe that TH believed that she would be viewed as the "sympathetic" figure in all of this as she just dropped Kyron off at school and they "lost" him!! MYO

TH badly miscalculated this whole awful mess. And the whole display with the reporter yesterday totally unnerved me when I first viewed it - hence my first thought of "ice queen". Someone stated that she looks like she has antifreeze running through her veins during the video and I totally agree. This woman scares me to no end and I would hate to incur her wrath. (All my own opinion and based obviously only on her demeanor.)

If the media wasn't reporting things, no matter what they are, people would move on to the next baseball game or whatever.

This keeps Kyron in the public's eye. Unfortunately, the more tantalizing, the more people are interested.

If there weren't media things going on, all these threads on Kyron would have a few hits.

If people want Kyron found, then the media plays the utmost of roles. People have very short attention spans nowadays.

We're constantly bombarded by info and have been trained, whether we realize it or not, to expect action.

Whether or not I was innocent, if I was in the middle of this as she is, I would obey my lawyer and keep my mouth shut. However, the astonishing part to me is that she shows no emotion whatsoever. Some people are cool under pressure, but I think it would be difficult to be that stone faced. It seems that most people would give some emotion away.

I totally agree about her keeping quiet. There is nothing she can say that will help her at this point, even if she is innocent regarding Kyron's disappearance. Whatever she said in response to the questions in the polygraph tests is already being used against her and we don't even know what it was.

She seems to have difficulty displaying emotions. During the family PC, she appeared to be trying to imitate appropriate concern and/or grief. She obviously conveyed neither, she only displayed fleeting glimpses of fear or worry. Then again, she could have been feeling exactly that, fear and worry.

I wish I could hear her speak about the case. Body language frequently is viewed differently when taken in context with the spoken words or the responses to questions. Whoever advised them to not include her for a speaking role during the PC, did her either a huge favor or a huge disservice, depending on your take of her culpability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcs1317