WHAT Has Been Said & By WHOM... That Baffles You? (aka Oh No They Didn't!)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Isn't it odd that Juliette Lewis, Jeff Hopkins and Zenaida Gonzalez all disappeared on the same day? Alien abduction??

I'm thinking Alternate Universe! Alien abduction is just too common these days!! Course that doesn't mean aliens aren't behind the whole freaking mess, matter of fact prolly the only reason ICA is still around - is aliens couldn't crack that nut either! They returned her post haste - one of them must have taken a fancy to the beautiful engagement ring Jeff dropped on KC, cos that disappeared too!!

Another big head scratcher :waitasec: is how all their phone numbers and calls between the perp and the witnesses just vanished. :crazy: :banghead: :banghead:

Oh don't forget Jeff, Zany, her roommates and JL all had family that poofed the same day, along with everything that could have pointed to their existence, cars, records, $$$, etc etc etc

This statement by Lee Anthony has always been curious to me. It seems to be too much information. Why did he feel he had to stress that he had just smelled "for the first time" the odor in the car? I've always wondered if that really was the first time he'd smelled it.

from hand numbered p. 1426
http://www.wftv.com/download/2008/0923/17540065.pdf

"Uhm, when I arrived, I go through the garage door like I typically do. Uhm, there was, the only vehicle in there was my uhm, the vehicle drove, driven by my sister, the white uh, Pontiac. The trunk was open. The windows were rolled down to what I assume ventilate the horrible smell that I had (chuckles) just, just uh , smelled for the first time. And uhm, went inside the house to see if anybody was there. Nobody was."

It sounds stranger in the audio than in reading the transcript. And, that nervous chuckle precisely precedes his statement.
http://www.wftv.com/video/17557603/index.html at 1:50

Following this is his declaration that the smell "hit you like a wave" and was "very potent". Many will testify to the strength of the smell. It wasn't something that could have come from the relatively clean bag of AL trash. Remember, that bag of trash will be laid out in court... spread across a table for the jury to decide if anything within could have produced a smell that "hit you like a wave". The effect will be even worse if they, for some reason, are taken to the car and the smell is still there.

Starfish? Do you happen to have a link for this visit? I have been trying to wade through all the jailhouse tapes and find this one. I still haven't found it' I know Casey said it.. but I want to hear it as well :) Please n thank you if you could.

wild

BBM - I believe it was one of the last visits before LP bailed KC out.

Notice that KC has made everything about KC in those visits?

Being pizzy because of CA making Caylee's favorite chili on her BD.

The comment about 2 weeks (since the arrest) vs it being 6 weeks of Caylee being missing.

The A's raising money for the Caylee reward fund & it growing by leaps and bounds but no $$$ to bail KC out. "Jesus Christ that's half my bail!"

I swear I could see KC doing the Jan Brady cry (from the Brady Bunch TV show) "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha" "Caylee, Caylee Caylee it's all anyone cares about is Caylee." Yup. For once you are so right.

KC's reply to GA's comments about Caylee "we're the same little person" no ICA you're not you were allowed to live and grow up - Caylee was murdered at age 2. Big freaking difference. She really makes me sick...

I'm thinking Alternate Universe! Alien abduction is just too common these days!! Course that doesn't mean aliens aren't behind the whole freaking mess, matter of fact prolly the only reason ICA is still around - is aliens couldn't crack that nut either! They returned her post haste - one of them must have taken a fancy to the beautiful engagement ring Jeff dropped on KC, cos that disappeared too!!

Another big head scratcher :waitasec: is how all their phone numbers and calls between the perp and the witnesses just vanished. :crazy: :banghead: :banghead:

Oh don't forget Jeff, Zany, her roommates and JL all had family that poofed the same day, along with everything that could have pointed to their existence, cars, records, $$$, etc etc etc

The phone calls were all on the other non existent phone, you know, the one she left on her non existent desk at her non existent job...:innocent:

One thing that George said that really baffled me was when Cindy and George appeared on LKL the evening before Caylee's remains were found. Larry asked George about the terrible odor in the Pontiac and what his opinion, being former LE is. George replied something to the effect of "I never knew rotting pizza (or garbage) could smell so bad" and then I believe he did his shrug, goofy face combo. It was all I could do to keep from hurling something at the TV screen. I knew it was a total fabrication but what'd he say that for? Is he really that influenced by Cindy? Did he realize how asinine he came across? I still don't get it.

I thought this thread was about statements in this case that have baffled us? Notthatsmart, can you please stop derailing the topic, and debate the universal trip and trash etc. elsewhere please?

Anyway, CA stating something like lying is not a crime, despite the fact that her daughter was arrested for just that.

CA's July 3rd blog titled 'My Caylee is missing'

Then a weird statement from Annie D in her interview with Cpl Edwards

Annie D: All the time. I mean her mom, she's her mom always. Like, I remember at Caylees 2nd birthday party, we were all sitting down opening presents, and cindy was helping, and casey was getting so upset, you know "this is my daughter" and "my moms trying to take my job out of it". Cindy was trying to play mom instead of letting Casey play mom, or be mom.

Sure, no problem. thanks

Actually...I think he stuttered and said, "daughter". (IIRC...lol)

Sorry Seagull I think I remembered it wrong. I think he said "granddaughter's car"...but he was sputtering...very flustered at the time he said it...could explain why he misspoke.

Amongst the other ICA quotes already mentioned the two that bother me are:

1. When she asks GA "Why is she crying already?" in a visit with her parents. Her demeanor, her smile, just everything about the first 2 minutes of that visit irks me to no end.

2. When Christina (I think) is crying about how she will die if anything happens to Caylee and Casey replies "Oh well. Oh my god, calling you guys a waste, A HUGE WASTE".

:( Poor Caylee.

It is just my opinion. It smells bad and there is indeed a trash bag there, yet there is no body. Obvious to me, its the trash without further reliable evidence. IMO

Statements like this baffle me.

call me stupid...call me a glutton for punishment...

I am listening to LKL from Dec right before the remains are found....

CA: I changed my mind, I never changed my mind....I was told by the yard guy the trash was the cause of the smell.

CA: There was one picture taken after June 16th one...

How can they sit there and lie...one after another...

Caylee is alive...no Amber Alert (can't issue an Amber Alert with no vehicle discription)...no FBI called in...

Again I need to say...what HASN'T baffled me... (think we should start a thread of memorable quotes...but it might get us all in trouble)

Sorry stopped the tape too soon...

That photo...that one photo was staged...they use those photos to bring people in...so in fact she was working...we have proof of that...:waitasec:

I think it is time to go through everything, all over again, if we can do it and stay sane...it might answer a lot of questions for some people...or maybe just confuse us all the more.

ah crud, I want to provide a link but will have to paraphrase for now, The two seemingly "absolutely* contradictory statements made by Lee A.

One that his sister lies alot

The other that he always believes his sister

Huh?!?!?!?

Kind of flipped through this thread and didn't see the one that baffles me.

Lee at the hearing on July 15th saying I love you to ICA.........

After she basically accused him of molestation/rape/incest.

I'm well.....dumbfounded by that statement.

I am still stunned by her "spitefulness". Her Diary of Days was a direct response to CA post, "My Caylee is Missing'. Her sheer arrogance baffles me..

On the worst of worst days, remember the words spoken
Trust no one, only yourself.
With great power, comes great consequence.
What is given can be taken away.
Everyone Lies.
Everyone Dies.

When I first read these words, I knew that there was NO WAY that she was a victim of any kind. She is by her own description, "a spiteful bxxxch". I am baffled that anyone, anywhere, belives anything that comes out of her mouth:banghead:

Starfish? Do you happen to have a link for this visit? I have been trying to wade through all the jailhouse types and find this one. I still haven't found it' I know Casey said it.. but I want to hear it as well :) Please n thank you if you could.

wild
So sorry Wild, just used my entire lunchhour to try to just find the jailhouse tapes! Being that they're so old, not an easy thing to do....I found none! You'd think I would remember better which tape it was because of all the appauling things KC has said this one got me the most! Will continue to look!

In a jailhouse visit with KC, CA tells KC how much money has been raised as reward money for Caylee.....the coldhearted response from mother of the year......"Jesus Christ that's half my bail!" Hang her:furious:

BBM- That quote always stood out in my mind. I think Casey was giving CA/GA a HINT to use that money to get her out of jail. A normal mother would have been over the moon about the money, hoping it would help bring her child home. Casey thought of it in terms of HER bail...it's all about HER, all the time, every minute of the day. Just like, "My entire life has been taken from me, everything has been taken from me." Caylee's life had already been taken but ICA is only concerned about the quality of her life.

IMO

How did LE influence GA to think there had been a dead body in the car??? GA stated that he was saying "please don't let this be my daughter or granddaughter" when he smelled the trunk at the tow yard! I don't believe any LE were present yet? :waitasec:

Yes! It was George who initiated the whole concept in the beginning that there was a dead body in the trunk of the car at some point in time. And George at the impound lot, hoping that when he opened the trunk he wouldn't find a dead body, was hours before any law enforcement were involved in the case.

Almost every word that has come from this whole hee haw gang has baffled me.....there just are no words for them.:furious:

If this question has been asked and
answered,please forgive.

In the beginning of this case all I
saw was Leonard Padilla,making bond
giving interviews etc. Nowadays there is
no LP to be found. What ever happen
to LP?

With the new info coming out about
the investigation of GA,could the defense
have investigated and scared LP off?

I don't know just wondering.

Members online