what is casey holding over her parents heads ?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well sorry, but I still think your comment isn't fair. I see alot of kids KC's age who are responsible, working hard and doing what they should be doing. Kids of KC's generation aren't any better or any worse than anyone else. If you're only ten to twelve years older than KC, then you are from her generation and not "an older generation who were raised to respect our parents and authority figures."

FWIW.....I think as opposed to "Holding something over their heads" (other than family secrets big OR small) she was really holding something or rather someone for ransom CAYLEE. What ransom did they pay??? Rent, phone bills, food bills, childcare bills, and paid for her partying ways in one way or another. I find it interesting that many LE experts advise parents, spouses, etc..... not to pay the ransom because there is no longer a reason to keep the victim alive. Perhaps this was the case that proved otherwise? JMO

Casey is holding "family picture" over her head ready to smash it down if they come after her. There is 'something' here and we can all feel it. She doesn't want them to implicate her and they don't want to be implicated themselves if they point at her alone. She will go down swinging and will take everyone down with her as she goes. THE CODE is say NOTHING and believe the web of lies I spin and if you don't every private moment we have spent together will now become public. The Anthony's know they will have no life once Casey tattles on them for the things they have said and have done to her over the years. Especially starting, with Mom throttling her before the Baby goes missing. Casey isn't going to take the rap for killing her daughter without somehow implicating her mother in all of this. The Code is silent but it palatible. They need to make every effort to get her out and also go through the motions of being that cute hand analogy that Daddy was explain' to her.

The family dysfunction...Ripe full of supposed "secrets" that they can't imagine functioning in the "real" world...Narcissistic (looney) Momma trying to control every move even if it means not allowing her children to arrive at self-sustained maturity, "loser" deadbeat Dad who hasn't held a reputable means of sustaining the family for close to 20 (yes TWENTY) years, an f'd up daughter who showed PLENTY signs of not being "quite right" that the pseudo parents couldn't face

Oh sorry...I've gotten lost. What was the question of this post?

I think that it is now the same as it's always been. GUILT. It's just the circumstances around the guilt that change. I would be willing to bet that everything that has ever gone wrong in her life, has been someone elses fault. If she got a bad grade in school it was because something went wrong at home (an argument between G & C or someone hurt her feelings or wouldn't let her have some trinket, whatever) And because you love someone and maybe do have some things to feel guilty for, and because these people are not normal, they can get enraged and have a total meltdown over some little something, you let them get away with it. I'ts easier that way because no matter how hard you try to explain your side of the matter it never gets through to them. They can only see their side. They will scream and holler, cry until they get sick, yell to embarrass you in front of strangers or the neighbors anything to get their way or to win an argument.They will lie to win an argument, get out of any situation no matter how trivial, and have no guilt or shame doing so. They will take your last dime and never feel bad about it. They feel as though the world owes them for the way that they have been shortchanged in life. And if they have to lie , steal, cheat, or hurt those that love them to get what they want , that's life. To them that is .We have a similar behaviour situation with one of my siblings children. I love her and pray for her often.

I am amazed that there are so many mental health professionals on this website. I have read post after post of pschyobabble about the Anthony family and yet not one person on here has ever met them, has no idea what these people are like under normal circumstances let alone how they are reacting to this horrible ,gut wrenching ,heart breaking tragedy. The press is twisting every little bit of information they get from "sources close to the case", the police are releasing some interviews and not others. The public is eating it up and then putting their own spin on it and posting their opinions on message boards all over the internet as if they were FACTS. There are a lot of hateful ,hurtful statements being made about this family whose lives have been destroyed and then put on tv in newspapers and on the internet like some repulsive soap opera. The only FACTS that I know of in this case are that Caylee Marie Anthony is dead and her mother is accused of killing her.

I posted something similar to this thought in the psychological thread last week. Teens and young adults KC's age are NOT being held accountable for their actions, for the most part. Whether its b/c of parents both working nowadays, or are just too tired and stressed w/ life to not uphold their rules, I see a lot of spoiled brats w/ big mouths running around. Again, not all young people are like this, but there's enough around that its quite noticable, and quite annoying to those of us that are from an older generation who were raised to respect our parents and authority figures.

A lot of the problem is that for years now, parents could not spank their kids, too afraid of being accused of child abuse. Kids were taken away from parents, actually, because they had "abused" them. Schools could not use corporal punishment, either, therefore kids grew up believing that no matter what they did, they would only be grounded, or have to stay in detention after school for a few days. Kids started disrespecting teachers, their parents, and eventually any adult in authority, to the point that some of them are just horrible people now. Not all, but a lot.
When I was growing up, I got spanked. I also got a belt whipping a couple of times. It did not kill me, and I would not have even thought of going to the authorities. And it also made me a better person!!
I don't think Casey has anything to "hold over" their heads. All they ever wanted was to find Caylee. They are not afraid of her, they were always just too permissive with her, and now it's far too late to do anything about it.
When there is only one daughter in the home, it's easy to place that title of princess on them, and shower them with love and affection to the point that it makes them selfish and hateful. Now they are faced with the fact that their precious granddaughter is dead, at the hands of her own mother, and they know there is no way out of this nightmare. I would imagine that they keep hoping and praying that they will wake up and it will all be a bad dream, but they know that's not the way it is.
I feel so bad for them, because their lives must really SUCK right now!

I am amazed that there are so many mental health professionals on this website. I have read post after post of pschyobabble about the Anthony family and yet not one person on here has ever met them, has no idea what these people are like under normal circumstances let alone how they are reacting to this horrible ,gut wrenching ,heart breaking tragedy. The press is twisting every little bit of information they get from "sources close to the case", the police are releasing some interviews and not others. The public is eating it up and then putting their own spin on it and posting their opinions on message boards all over the internet as if they were FACTS. There are a lot of hateful ,hurtful statements being made about this family whose lives have been destroyed and then put on tv in newspapers and on the internet like some repulsive soap opera. The only FACTS that I know of in this case are that Caylee Marie Anthony is dead and her mother is accused of killing her.

Bolding mine.

I'm not sure there ever were "normal circumstances". We've seen police reports where LE has been called to their home 4 - 6 times in the past few years. What's "normal" about that?

My opinion only

Bolding mine.

I'm not sure there ever were "normal circumstances". We've seen police reports where LE has been called to their home 4 - 6 times in the past few years. What's "normal" about that?

My opinion only

What's abnormal about about it? If I remember correctly most of those calls were initiated by the Anthony family. People do call the police when other people cause them problems. Sometimes people have parties that get a little too loud and neighbors call the cops to make a complaint. If you had said 4-6 times a week or a month for the last few years then I could agree with your definition of abnormal.

I don't feel that KC was holding anything over her parents head. The problem started when she was small and was allowed by her mother to be a spoiled brat, and her father was not allowed to correct her. I think CA kept a lot of problems from GA concerning KC. I think she covered for her, paid back money that she had stolen, and made excuses for her because CA wanted the "normal" family structure. When all of this hit the media CA had no idea to what extent it would become. So even now, she makes the same excuses, even to GA hoping for the best, but knowing the worst has happened. She knew that a long time ago, but thought she could cover KC's mistakes, just like always.
That is one reason I don't feel that the Anthonys would ever be able to make an immunity deal. For the simple reason...CA cannot tell the truth where her daughter is concerned...she never has, and she never will!

*Bolded by me* I wholeheartedly agree with this assessment. And I have several acquaintances that were raised EXACTLY like this. Where mom covered for everything they did, gave them money behind dad's back, made excuses when the daughter didn't want to see something through to the end, etc.

The only positive part is that none of those women ever went on to kill her child. However, they still lead pretty f'ed up lives because they have never had to take responsibility for their own actions nor have they learned to even behave or function as responsible adults. And to this day, neither one of them holds a job at 38 years old and 45 years old respectively.

IMO, something happened back in OHIO before she was born...........CA probably held it over GA, took away his manhood. KC mirrored her mother. Both LA/KC put GA on the bottom of the list........did not get along with GA..........look at how GA was treated on FATHER's day! CA ruled the roost. KC still mirrored her mother, CA. IMO, kc was and is their little princess, if she got in trouble, CA got her out of it and kept everything private! CAYLEE came and then kc didn't matter anymore.........I IRC kc saying CA called CAYLEE.........KC's BIG mistake............kc was jealous and acted it out BIG TIME! IMO

KC 'said'...& KC lies...

in LA statement he says the first time he heard this was from (lying) KC, the night of July 15th.

What's abnormal about about it? If I remember correctly most of those calls were initiated by the Anthony family. People do call the police when other people cause them problems. Sometimes people have parties that get a little too loud and neighbors call the cops to make a complaint. If you had said 4-6 times a week or a month for the last few years then I could agree with your definition of abnormal.
I guess if you live in a questionable neighborhood, but they don't. From everything we have seen, it appears to be a quiet place (at least it was before this case). I would consider it abnormal, too. I don't remember having to call LE to my home at all.

I find it interesting they trusted OCSO then, when the gas cans were stolen, and again when the protesters were outside (Casey even trusted them enough to call!! A point not lost on the SA's Office, I bet.).

-------------------
I have often wondered if anyone has checked into the past of this family.I think there is something being hidden.Maybe there were other personality clashes among relatives.I'd check it out but cant open much with webtv..I may have a laptop soon! I just feel there is something there ~ like looking into ancestors.I just cant say what I really
mean.IMO

CA's brother has had me thinking for months now. His comment regarding GA's departure from the Ohio LE and that it would come out in court may be an important key.
Also KC's allegations against her father and brother, if we can believe anything KC says that is.
There are two important reasons listed above and we can only speculate until we know for sure.
IMO lying and covering are not new to at least the two A women. I believe they always clashed in personality, but they are still one and the same. :crazy:

Now I think KC has NOTHING over their heads. Prior to Caylee being found, KC IMO held all the cards for her return in the A's mind. I keep thinking back to GA talking with KC in the last video visitation, you are the BOSS, you are in charge..blah blah blah. He was IMO reminding her she is in control. I think he played her like a fiddle in hopes to get answers. This is also why she wanted to see him privately as opposed to anyone else. He talked her up, called her gorgeous and didn't ask too many tough questions. JMO.

Guess we live different lifestyles.

She's holding the answers.

I totally agree.

When I watch the just released video of George and Cindy meeting with Casey in jail, I am amazed at how prepared G and CA seem to be. They've obviously discussed strategy ahead of time, tag-teaming when Casey gets too reactive, etc.

They want to know what happened, why it happened, when it happened, etc. And they are probably pretty sure that only one human being on this earth knows the answers to those questions-----

Bolding mine.

My opinion only

I agree, I have called the police once in my LIFE and that was to report a man across the street going after his wife. I would call..calling the police 4 times in a lifetime normal POSSIBLY but for me that would even be a stretch.

Pat, You're right that this is a horrible, gut wrenching, heart breaking tragedy.
It's true that we don't know what the Anthonys are like under "normal" circumstances, however we DO know what they are like under these circumstances, and it's not pretty. This would be the perfect time to quote Kipling, but I'll refrain to keep my post shorter.
I believe that I can speak for many people when I say that if the A's (particularly Cindy) had not lied, covered up, destroyed evidence and made it clear from "day one" that they're the intelligent ones and everyone else, including LE, is stupid, we would have nothing but compassion for them. Cindy has shown a sense of entitlement that has alienated most of us and made it impossible to feel bad for her. It was CINDY that caused us to form this opinion. The media didn't have to twist the facts as Cindy did all the talking and has dug her own hole. There are many other FACTS about this case that we have seen with our own eyes other than the one that you mentioned.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abi
Back