What Is the Defense Strategy?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
David Lohr got it wrong...according to Mr. Jeff Ashton there was never a plea deal given to ICA..as he put it:

Casey Developments: Phantom Plea
POSTED: 4:53 pm EDT May 13, 2010
UPDATED: 8:09 am EDT May 14, 2010
Prosecutor Jeff Ashton made a major revelation in court on Tuesday.
Casey Developments: Phantom Plea
POSTED: 4:53 pm EDT May 13, 2010
UPDATED: 8:09 am EDT May 14, 2010

Prosecutor Jeff Ashton made a major revelation in court on Tuesday.

Jeff Ashton

"We were accused of seeking the death penalty because the defendant wouldn't accept some phantom plea," Ashton said.

For the first time, with the words "phantom plea," prosecutors denied they had offered Casey Anthony a deal if she would plead guilty to the death of her daughter.
http://www.wesh.com/r/23545821/detail.html

If folks are going to insert themselves into this, they should at least get the facts right...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I think the defense will just claim that something happened to Caylee, but Casey has so many and such complex mental problems that she can't remember what happened. They'll say it could have been an accident or that someone else did it and Casey went nuts or nuttier. They'll also say that there's no specific proof that Casey killed Caylee or that it was premeditated. Cindy will take the blame for computer searches.

They know by the time stamps and time cards, CA was not in the house when the searches were done. IIRC GA could have been home for some of them.

http://www.wesh.com/news/24584795/detail.html

<snipped>

Casey's defense is now taking aim at Lohr and other volunteers. Lawyers want to know who the other searchers were.

“If the defense was able to get a hold of those documents, they would be able to see who searched that area and they'd be able to contact those people and find out how far they went in there,” said defense attorney Richard Hornsby

So the horses mouth (Tim Miller) who showed up on 12/11/08 claiming he was glad they called off the search in this area because he feared evidence would be lost or remains damaged, while tracking horses thru the water - is not enough or how about the placement of the brand new 4 wheel ATV on loan - that they had to replace ($10G)! Or the neighbor kid who walked a TV camera guy and reporter to the back of the dump sight pointing out the areas that where still under water over Thanksgiving also on 12/11.

What possible reason would these people have for lying? (I know they are all suspect, but only CA believes that.) I wish I had searched there - I would go down and turn myself in as a witness to the boundaries of where the water was too deep to pass, according to Tim, who called off the search of the area. Just to stop the insanity.

The map DC had showed he knew where to search, as close as he could get in mid Nov. The plant life, growing since June, didn't suddenly materialize with Miracle grow to make it look like 6 months growth over night -

JB needs better straws to grasp - if this is all he has, KC's in serious trouble. Wah!

Not much of a strategy I think. Just push the SODDI defense cuz the body was moved. Blab for another year before trial and make sure they taint any jury pool with nonsense. Harass all the searchers until one or more of them makes a statement they can twist in their favor. And Cindy will be sure to look like a sweet grieving granny victim (for that 1 sucker juror that may fall for it and have sympathy), talk about God alot (hoping she can appeal to that 1 religious juror), hack on LE (to find that 1 juror that doesn't trust the law) etc. And the last strategy is to keep KC happy and well stocked in jail. Laptop access to keep her icon collection growing.
I noticed she finally logged into her old Myspace. http://www.myspace.com/kayseeomaree

It hadn't previously been logged into since the day she went to jail the last time.
Courtesy of Baez probably.

Whatever defense comes up with regarding someone else putting the body there after KC was in jail the bottom line is TM spoke with reporters and it is documented that this area was full of water long before the remains were found. He did not say it after the fact, he said it prior so TM testimony is extremely important as to SODDI placing the remains there afterwards. With all that water, how would it be possible? Plus who carries remains around for months just to dispose of it where it could possible never be found just to make it look like Ms. Anthony put her there. Also didn't KC use to jog in this area??? After the morning bus traffic seems like very little traffic in this area, perfect for jogging. jmo

In 12 days it will be 8 months until trial. In between is the civil trial ZG vs. KC. And we know CA will be there to testify. That will be in four short months. CA does not have a lot of time to get her stories straight. Appears to me this time is going to move along quite quickly....jmo

In 12 days it will be 8 months until trial. In between is the civil trial ZG vs. KC. And we know CA will be there to testify. That will be in four short months. CA does not have a lot of time to get her stories straight. Appears to me this time is going to move along quite quickly....jmo

Seems to me that CA already has stories screwed up. In the depositions done by Morgan, CA and GA told many lies. And they also didn't get stories straight
when the SAO did their depositions. Which reminds me, remember the part of the SAO depo w/CA when JB and ALyons got all testy about written papers and photos? I need to go back and re-read both of those because Morgan had a lot more latitude in his questioning than the SAO did. No way am I going to watch CA/GA again, no way.

Your are right LambChop, there isn't any way for CA to compile the huge list of lies she has told without being tripped up on most of them. She won't be able to pull off her testimony like she did in the last hearing, dressing down and acting dumb.

Seems to me that CA already has stories screwed up. In the depositions done by Morgan, CA and GA told many lies. And they also didn't get stories straight
when the SAO did their depositions. Which reminds me, remember the part of the SAO depo w/CA when JB and ALyons got all testy about written papers and photos? I need to go back and re-read both of those because Morgan had a lot more latitude in his questioning than the SAO did. No way am I going to watch CA/GA again, no way.

Your are right LambChop, there isn't any way for CA to compile the huge list of lies she has told without being tripped up on most of them. She won't be able to pull off her testimony like she did in the last hearing, dressing down and acting dumb.

And can't we just see Mr. Morgan being his "foxy little devil" self. CA is going to regret the day her daughter did not withdraw her countersuit. Only 4 short months away..... :woohoo: jmo

Casey Anthony latest news: Civil trial brought by Zenaida Gonzalez trial date set

The civil trial brought by Zenaida Gonzalez against Casey Anthony now has a trial date:August 29, 2011. Public speculation had led many to anticipate the civil trial before Casey’s criminal trial for first degree murder. The criminal trial is scheduled to begin on May 9, 2011, three months before Casey face’s charges that she defamed Zenaida Gonzalez by falsely alleging that Zenaida was Caylee Anthony’s nanny

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-ta...al-brought-by-zenaida-gonzalez-trial-date-set

Casey Anthony latest news: Civil trial brought by Zenaida Gonzalez trial date set

The civil trial brought by Zenaida Gonzalez against Casey Anthony now has a trial date:August 29, 2011. Public speculation had led many to anticipate the civil trial before Casey’s criminal trial for first degree murder. The criminal trial is scheduled to begin on May 9, 2011, three months before Casey face’s charges that she defamed Zenaida Gonzalez by falsely alleging that Zenaida was Caylee Anthony’s nanny

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-ta...al-brought-by-zenaida-gonzalez-trial-date-set

Oh, poo......I thought they decided on January, 2011.

What is the defense strategy? I'm sure when JB figures that out he will let us know.

I'm inclined to think CA gave away the entire defense strategy on the Today show last week. There's no DNA evidence at the crime scene to prove it was KC. Something along those lines, which is a great segway to SODDI. (or so she thinks)
At first the strategy was keeping her off death row but AL is gone now. I really think JB and MC's strategy is to pollute the airwaves with their images and words right up until the last minute when they'll focus on attempting to get a plea deal.
If either thought their client was truly innocent, I think we'd see an entire different and more professional approach to defending their case.

And can't we just see Mr. Morgan being his "foxy little devil" self. CA is going to regret the day her daughter did not withdraw her countersuit. Only 4 short months away..... :woohoo: jmo

I am only reading CAs depo with Morgan now on page 98/188 and I am ready to tear my hair out! :crazy: I thought just reading it would be ok, but I can hear her dang voice octaves in my head ......... :banghead: then reading BC's objectives and comments gives more credence why I dislike the man so much. I want to shout out to BC, "get a set would ya".

Not that I doubt you, but the examiner is known not to check their facts and "invent" stuff. Hopefully any change will be noted in the court docket soon. That I will believe.

I am only reading CAs depo with Morgan now on page 98/188 and I am ready to tear my hair out! :crazy: I thought just reading it would be ok, but I can hear her dang voice octaves in my head ......... :banghead: then reading BC's objectives and comments gives more credence why I dislike the man so much. I want to shout out to BC, "get a set would ya".

God Bless you!!! There are some things I just can't redo.....:angel:

Love it! Now could you find a picture of a bunch of hands grasping at a bunch of straws??

Here ya go -

grasping+at+straws.jpg

Not that I doubt you, but the examiner is known not to check their facts and "invent" stuff. Hopefully any change will be noted in the court docket soon. That I will believe.

An order setting the case for jury trial was entered into the docket June 10, 2010. Here's a link to the post with the news that the judge set a 3-week window for trial starting Aug. 29, 2011. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5291211&postcount=5"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2010.06.14 Today's Current News - ***NO DISCUSSIONS HERE PLEASE ***[/ame]

Hope that helps!

Well now, after losing more than 3 hours of my lifes cycle reading the Morgan depositions of CA/GA and getting 4 loads of laundry in while doing it, it was good to review these to see all the lies and discrepancies said by CA and GA. Bonus is they are part of the court records! So CA can't come back and do her "I don't remember" line over and over again.

Next read ....... the SAO depositions of CA and GA .......... after I open a bottle of wine.

I have to take my hat off to you folks that are subjecting yourselves to rereading, or watching this stuff all over again.

Once was enough for me and even at that, it was a struggle.
Now, I rely on the reports here, and just do random hit and miss readings on the documents.

You friends are the greatest !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member