What Is the Defense Strategy?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup! Something tells me the State wants this litigated... the way the defense had mumbled around trying to answer the questions that were asked about them for these witnesses... something was up.

Sounds good to me! Will we get these reports are they sealed because they are considered medical?

bbm
IMO something is up with Baez ....he likes secrecy in HIS dealings ONLY, I have always believed he wanted to and is still trying to find ways to AMBUSH in this case...Judge has now told him a few times in recent hearings it seems like the DT is waiting in Ambush..and that is not how it's going to be done.

Baez.."uh, uhmm..."
Judge Perry.."Ms Finnel??"

When I watched that part in the Hearings last week...I thought here goes Baez again, IMO, trying to HIDE things...
Ashton mentioned the new witnesses...Judges asks questions...Baez tries desperately to not say anything as he starts to approach the bench and then remembers to asks If he can approach. Judge...NO, this is an open court...

The defense doesn't have to set anyone up at all. Their only goal is to produce "reasonable doubt" in one--ONE--juror's mind.

So what they are doing is trying to open as many doors as possible to that "reasonable doubt" and they don't give two good hoots whether that ONE potential juror thinks that GA could have done it, or TL, or JG, or whomever. If they believe they have kept the door open on any individual SOD, they will scratch a notch in their belts.

The SA's job is to firmly and effectively slam shut all those doors for the jury. I think if they focus on who had reasonable motive to want Caylee ("that child") dead, they will have no problem accomplishing this task.

:cow: of course!

This is OT but reminds me when you said SHUT THE DOOR. I dated someone when I was in my late teens and his family had a parrot and everytime we would come in the parrot would say, "Shut the door, Jack. Shut the damn door." So to SA I say, Shut the door, Jack.......:doorhide:

Oh double darn - those witnesses? I was hoping they were talking about the Drs. Weitz and Danzinger......:banghead:

I think it is about Dr. Weitz and Danzinger... Judge Perry stated on Thursday that if anything came up he would have time for them on Thursday morning... so I think it has everything to do with this issue. It's an important issue that needs to be addressed because the State has to get in there and do depositions and if it does sound like they are going after some kind of mental health of diminished capacity defense... the State has a right to have their own witness sit down with Miss Casey herself.

Oh double darn - those witnesses? I was hoping they were talking about the Drs. Weitz and Danzinger......:banghead:

Ms. Young states to the media that they came late to search and the search had been called off because of conditions, so I don't believe she ever searched. The other woman was outside the home the night this incident happened with GA. So if defense said TES they were misleading big time I would think. jmo

Well we are sort of both correct. I looked up the motion from the Defense to add additional witnesses for good cause and here is the lineup.

- Daniel Kodos
- Sharon Cadieux
- Patricia Young
- Kenneth Levers
- Dr. William Weitz
- Dr. Jeffrey Danziger

So, are we placing bets as to who is going to make it in and if those reports actually made it to HHJP in time? :great:

I admire JA and LDB for their dedication to processing this case as a win with justice, for Caylee Marie, and a lose for ICA. It is outrageous how this DT can ignore or try to distort or divert facts. They know ICA is guilty, and it’s not justice they seek, but excuses for ICA. They dare to stand up in a court of law and "interrogate" honest witnesses and challenge experts. They dare to accuse others of lying and profit-motivation. They dare to try and steal justice from Caylee Marie. Well, hello there JB...we didn't know you existed till you injected yourself into this ca$e and saw dollar $ign$. Fame and fortune, you wish! Do you worry that you may get disbarred when this case ends. Using justice as an excuse to profit from the murder of Caylee Marie isn't going to make you wiser, or more capable. I hope the very thought of the smell of decomposition haunts you wherever you go. As to CM, your old man act is not working. You sit there, sprawled out in your chair, expressing contempt for courtroom courtesy, while you go into your "dream trance" in the courtroom. Are you taking a nap or seeking mis-truths for ICA. Well, wake up, and open your eyes. CM reminds me of an old battle-scarred hyena searching for a scrap after the rest of the pack has left.
A sweet innocent little girl named Caylee Marie was murdered and tossed away like garbage. Her mother, the mother of Caylee Marie, did this to Caylee Marie. It is time for justice for innocent little Caylee Marie. May the members of the DT remember her, forevermore, little Caylee Marie.

To present a SODI defense or Ugly Coping defense they will have to explain how it happened. Admit that Casey knew her daughter was dead either by accident or on purpose. That explanation has to line up with the evidence. I think we're in for a doozy defense that will make our head spin but I still do not think it's going to fly with the jury. Ready for this trial to begin.

Well, with the theory of GA "did it" all over the airwaves, now NG tomorrow night I would think this pretty much will take the air out of that balloon. Picking a jury a short month away most people are bound to have heard something about it. jmo

Well, with the theory of GA "did it" all over the airwaves, now NG tomorrow night I would think this pretty much will take the air out of that balloon. Picking a jury a short month away most people are bound to have heard something about it. jmo

Am I alone in thinking that the jury might not look kindly on the defendant or the defense team trying to lay the blame for this on dear old dad? I mean really, when you are accused of killing your own child in cold blood, turning around and saying "Dad did it" seems to have a far greater chance of further convincing the jury that you really are a heinous cold hearted ***** with no love for anything, than it does of making them think "well gee, maybe he could've if we line all this stuff up just right and ignore a ton of this other stuff... and never actually look at the defendant."

It just strikes me as one of those "technical" moves that some lawyers will do without actually factoring the human reaction into the equation? In much the same way that some, as AZLawyer describes, refuse to answer any question in plain English. I mean yeah, on paper it may seema viable defense, so long as you don't take into account that it will make the jurors loathe the defendant.

All I can say is..BRING the trial ON! I'm getting weary of trying to figure out what this goofy DT is going to do. Pretty up your paralegal, bring in the SA, and let's get the inevitable over with. The DT is fighting a losing battle, they have been just dragging their buttz to the start line, which tells us all we need to know. I can't wait to see LDB and JA take this delusional 'dream team' down, brick by brick, lie by lie. ;)

Am I alone in thinking that the jury might not look kindly on the defendant or the defense team trying to lay the blame for this on dear old dad? I mean really, when you are accused of killing your own child in cold blood, turning around and saying "Dad did it" seems to have a far greater chance of further convincing the jury that you really are a heinous cold hearted ***** with no love for anything, than it does of making them think "well gee, maybe he could've if we line all this stuff up just right and ignore a ton of this other stuff... and never actually look at the defendant."

It just strikes me as one of those "technical" moves that some lawyers will do without actually factoring the human reaction into the equation? In much the same way that some, as AZLawyer describes, refuse to answer any question in plain English. I mean yeah, on paper it may seema viable defense, so long as you don't take into account that it will make the jurors loathe the defendant.

ITA. Pursuing this line can only magnify the defense team's disconnect with reality. We've seen so many examples of Casey, Baez and Mason's inability to gauge the public reaction; this is merely one more indication that they're not in tune with Joe and Jane Juror.

Fight over heart-shaped sticker heads back to court in Casey Anthony case
By Jacqueline Fell, Reporter
Last Updated: Friday, April 01, 2011 5:15 AM
Case Against CaseyLatest Casey Anthony News
ORLANDO --
The FBI destroyed it, Casey Anthony's defense team wants to squash it, but the state thinks it's a link proving Anthony killed her daughter.

According to a report by Yuri Melich, the lead detective on the case, a FBI lab technician noticed residue on a piece of duct tape "in the perfect shape of a heart. The heart was not hand drawn and residue appeared to be consistent with the adhesive side of a heart shaped sticker."

Investigators found a small heart-shaped sticker near where the toddler's remains were found.

Also, while searching the Anthony home, a sheet of stickers were found in Anthony's room.

more
http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...s-back-to-court-in-Casey-Anthony-case?cid=rss

Air science debate resumes Friday in Casey Anthony case

ORLANDO --
Casey Anthony's defense team doesn't want you to believe the scientific evidence being used against her.

The debate about that science resumes Friday in an Orange County courtroom.

We left off last week with a Tennessee scientist testifying for the prosecution about air samples taken from the trunk of Anthony's car.

Now, there’s at least one more day left to determine what science comes in at Anthony's trial and what stays out.

"Currently no consensus," "inadequate analysis," and "not scientifically reliable" are words right from the reports of defense expert witnesses who will take the stand Friday to refute testimony.

more
http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...e-debate-resumes-Friday-in-Casey-Anthony-case

What's in a stain? Analysis to be argued Friday in Casey Anthony case

In the Case Against Casey, all eyes will continue to focus on the science at this week's Frye Hearing.

Just Wednesday, more transcripts of depositions were filed. One of the four added in the court file is of Dr. Madhavi Martin from the Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Tennessee.

Dr. Martin explained LIBS -- Laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy. She said it's a technique that uses lasers to generate specific elements that are present in the sample.

She describes it as making a fingerprint.

This technique has been around since the 1960s.

more
http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...sis-to-be-argued-Friday-in-Casey-Anthony-case

Justice for Caylee

I have been pondering the "strategy" lately. After the discussion by WFTV's legal analyst Bill Schaeffer I started looking back to see if there were any clues that might lead to his theory.

Considering the recent request to add additional defense witnesses, the topic seems to have again shifted to GA being some sort of bus victim or patsy.

I take particular note of the suggestion that GA and his alleged anger issues could perhaps become a tool in the trial strategy.

I have to say that for some reason I went back to revisit the River / Skye threads...taking interest in her comments about an alleged fight between GA and KC.....and of course...let's not forget the infamous "snowballed out of control" comment.

What ties it together as a valid "theory".....that GA will be used as a pawn in the defense strategy...is that William "Thwarted in Traffic" Slabaugh was one of River / Skye's FB friends.

River / Skye befriended GA at a Kidfinders tent.....and within record time had become privy to alleged inside info. I don't discount the similarity in her appearance and the mysterious Zanny as given by GA and KC.

Additionally.....the investigator emails including a few psychics in the mix made comments that hinted at the description of a neighborhood much like the one that River / Skye lived in.

It is certainly worth more sleuthing....but for now all I can say is this.... perhaps the tampering investigation has nothing to do with what we think it does???

A revisit to the KH LE interview is rather eye opening.
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/Library/CMA/interviews/kholloway021710.pdf

kh.jpg

Do Not Think so at all............ Pasted:

have been pondering the "strategy" lately. After the discussion by WFTV's legal analyst Bill Schaeffer I started looking back to see if there were any clues that might lead to his theory.

Considering the recent request to add additional defense witnesses, the topic seems to have again shifted to GA being some sort of bus victim or patsy.

I take particular note of the suggestion that GA and his alleged anger issues could perhaps become a tool in the trial strategy.

I have to say that for some reason I went back to revisit the River / Skye threads...taking interest in her comments about an alleged fight between GA and KC.....and of course...let's not forget the infamous "snowballed out of control" comment.

What ties it together as a valid "theory".....that GA will be used as a pawn in the defense strategy...is that William "Thwarted in Traffic" Slabaugh was one of River / Skye's FB friends.

River / Skye befriended GA at a Kidfinders tent.....and within record time had become privy to alleged inside info. I don't discount the similarity in her appearance and the mysterious Zanny as given by GA and KC.

Additionally.....the investigator emails including a few psychics in the mix made comments that hinted at the description of a neighborhood much like the one that River / Skye lived in.

It is certainly worth more sleuthing....but for now all I can say is this.... perhaps the tampering investigation has nothing to do with what we think it does???

IMO they will go after CA. In light of her mistruths and hindering the investigation. The fact that she tried to make $ from her grandbaby's death
Her general attitude, not searching and insisting Caylee was alive... that fact that she allowed KC to roam around for 30 days, knowing KC was returning to the home to only get things for herself and NOT Caylee,and the alleged eveidence that CA cleaned the car. Last but not least CA is the
last person seen with Caylee by anyone OUTSIDE the family. The A's lie. Where is the proof that KC was the last person with Caylee? You gonna belive CA? GA? or as a juror on a new case, consider the last person seen IN PUBLIC with the child? IMO CA is a more logical choice than GA. Just to tru and prove reasonable doubt...

Do Not Think so at all............ Pasted:

have been pondering the "strategy" lately. After the discussion by WFTV's legal analyst Bill Schaeffer I started looking back to see if there were any clues that might lead to his theory.

If, as it has been suggested and I believe to be true, JB and crew are spending a lot more time visiting sites like this one-they are going to dump the "George coulda" idea just like they abandoned the JG and RK ideas.
Once again, they are testing waters and from what I've read, just about 0 people think GA killed Caylee.
Or Cindy.
Or Lee.

Further, the drowned/accident theory won't work either, but if they do end up going to trial without plea, I think this is the most likely defense because it is the one that is most questioned, the one most misunderstood as far as how the evidence shows otherwise, and the one that a few people are still open to considering.

Thar's your assist for the day, Senor Baez.

I'm just reading through old stuff and found this interview with KW,the guy who kept searching for Caylee on his own off Suburban

http://************.com/2009/03/16/...y-anthony-saw-bag-found-at-scene-in-august-2/
If the defense really wants to go with the "GA might have done it " theory they may want to add this guy to their witness list.He consoled GA when he expressed "deep guilt" over Caylee's death....

Casey Anthony: Defense probes investigators on media leaks
Casey Anthony's defense team repeatedly asked about who was talking to reporters about the first-degree murder case.
April 03, 2011|By Amy Pavuk and Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel

When he questioned sheriff's detectives, crime-scene investigators and even an FBI agent about their respective involvement in the Casey Anthony case, defense attorney Jose Baez made a point to ask each about media leaks.

Did they talk to reporters? Did they know who did? Was the Orange County Sheriff's Office investigating the leaks?

While Baez has seemed, at times, preoccupied with the media, legal experts say the defense may be trying to find out whether rogue investigators worked the case or show whether Anthony's due-process rights were violated.

"Do I think he has a legitimate interest from a legal standpoint in inquiring of law enforcement and witnesses, 'Have you talked to the press? Did you leak this?' Yeah," said Orlando attorney Bill Sheaffer, who provides legal analysis on the case for WFTV-Channel 9. "I think, in general, the defense preoccupation with the press is a little abnormal. But it's of their own making."

more
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...t-degree-murder-case-defense-team-brad-conway

Isn't Baez the one who "leaked" information, did a host of media tours/interviews? He is such a hypocrit...and might I add, he's got foot in mouth disease....what a winner! :maddening: JMHO

Justice for Caylee

just in case, Baez didn't get to see Ninth Judicial Circuit Courtroom Decorum Policy.....I think he should read and memorize for he's broken so many rules already....JMHO

Courtroom Decorum Policy

Download a PDF of this policy

The purpose of this policy is to state certain basic principles concerning courtroom behavior and decorum. When appearing in this Court, unless excused by the presiding Judge, all counsel (including all persons at counsel table) shall abide by the following:

*Stand when Court is opened, recessed or adjourned. Stand when addressing, or being addressed by the Court. Stand when the jury enters or retires from the courtroom. When making opening statements, closing arguments or examining witnesses, do not approach either the jury or the witness without the Court’s permission. Remain at the lectern unless using exhibits or charts.
*Address all rem arks to the Court, not to opposing counsel or the opposing party.
*Avoid disparaging personal remarks or acrimony toward opposing counsel and remain wholly detached from any ill feeling between the litigants or witnesses.
*Refer to all persons, including witnesses, other counsel and the parties by their surnames and not by their first or given names unless the permission of the Court is sought in advance.

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/programs-services/court-resource-center/decorum-policy.shtml

Justice for Caylee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member