What is your #1 top indicator that Terri IS responsible for Kyron's disappearance?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What's your #1 top indicator that Terri's responsible for Kyron's disappearance?

• last known person to see Kyron before disappearance

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • the polygraphs

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • how she looked during during pressers

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • hitting the gym posted on FB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I felt she was guilty from the beginning

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • not fighting for custody/visitation

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • not proclaiming her innocence

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • LE seems to think it's her

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • the Grand Jury

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • LE no comment statement when asked if TH was seen leaving the school with Kyron

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • No current info convinces me she's involved

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • liklihood that one innocent person is associated with MFH AND dissapearance slim to none

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • LE finding MurderForHire credible enough to tell Kaine

• Kaine and Desiree's statments that Terri is involved.

• Having 90 min unaccounted for

Votes: 14 4.6%
  • Combination of things!

Votes: 104 34.2%
  • TH's June 5 email about a MMC

• Her timeline disagrees with her cell phone pings

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • She still has not been cleared by LE

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Kaine (allegedly) making her teenage son move out.

• Allegedly creating confusion about the Dr's Appt. Speaks to Premeditation

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Not cooperating when 7yo she raised missing 2+mo.

• I'm not convinced she is guilty

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • combination of things

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Statistically, children are most often harmed by people known to them. Everyone else has an alibi.

• seeming lack of concern for Kyron since his disapearance

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Gates at the last presser he said something to the effect they have an enormous/ton of evidence and it appears (to many) they are focusing on TH & DeDe.

Her silence. I don't care if the entire world deemed me insane I would scream until I had no voice searching for my son.

Unless of course I had done something to harm him or my actions led to his disapperance. Then I would be very quiet, try and look like the victim of a media frenzy in a world gone mad. I would create many clouds of dusty doubt and hope no one could see thru them.

Where are you angel?

Oh boy, let's see.

1) LE's belief in the credibility of the MFH plot. Wackos come out of the woodwork in cases like this, and LE has to sift through tons of bs, so if they thought this was credible enough to warn KH, that says something to me.

2) The timing. If a stranger was planning this, it's pretty gutsy to stroll right into a school on any day, let alone a day when there are probably more parents milling about than usual. Most stranger abductions that I recall are crimes of opportunity, a kid walking home from school alone, out in the front yard alone, etc. On the other hand, for someone like TH, she might have thought this was a better day to plan, no one would give a second thought seeing her at the school or leaving. Any other day and Kyron's absence would have been noticed much sooner.

3) Motive. A stranger motive is obvious. But other than a stranger, who would possibly have had a motive? If there was a MFH plot, she obviously has a serious hatred of KH and serious psych issues as well.

4) Behavior. The sexting thing - seriously? That is Scott Peterson with Amber after Laci died. That's CA partying after Caylee went missing. What mom/stepmom could be thinking about trying to land another man at a time like this? What mom/stepmom wouldn't be consumed with worry, putting 100% of her thoughts and efforts toward that sweet little boy?

5) Statistics. Statistically, children are more likely to be abducted/victimized by family than strangers. Naturally, that's why LE turns the focus on the family first. They will also look at the last person to have been in contact with the missing individual. With the exception of his classmate, who I'm pretty sure had neither the desire or capability to harm KH, we're back to TH again.

6) The custody issue. I'm guessing OR is similar to other states in regards to temporary protection orders (TPO's). A request is made before a judge that a child is in imminent danger if protection is not granted. Judges don't toss these out like candy. Still, after some period of time, in my state it's ten days a hearing must be held to give the party reason to contest the TPO. I think the reason her atty's did not contest it, is that it would have opened the door for the MFH guy to testify against her and she would have been open to questioning about both that and Kyron. If that's my baby, and I'm innocent, I say throw all the questions you want at me. No way am I not seeing my baby for a year. But she can't do that because I think she's in total self preservation mode, IMO.

I've been lurking on this forum for a few weeks, but the above post by Irish_Eyes so perfectly reflects everything I've been feeling and thinking, that I can't stay silent any longer.

The clincher for me as to Terri's guilt is the whole thing with the MFH plot against her husband, and her essentially non-response to the RO, and her sexting to MC, (who, by the way, I believe was either an official plant by LE or else he took it upon himself to act as one.)

What normal woman would act this way? The two children in her life are gone, but sex and self-preservation are her main (or only) concerns.

I've been lurking on this forum for a few weeks, but the above post by Irish_Eyes so perfectly reflects everything I've been feeling and thinking, that I can't stay silent any longer.

The clincher for me as to Terri's guilt is the whole thing with the MFH plot against her husband, and her essentially non-response to the RO, and her sexting to MC, (who, by the way, I believe was either an official plant by LE or else he took it upon himself to act as one.)

What normal woman would act this way? The two children in her life are gone, but sex and self-preservation are her main (or only) concerns.

Oh I do believe that Cook did this either on his own, or at someone's request (not necessarily LE).

Oh I do believe that Cook did this either on his own, or at someone's request (not necessarily LE).

I believe this, as well. Who is best served having had MC suddenly show up in Terri's life? Sure hasn't been Terri. It's getting so I have to wonder if Terri herself was the one texting him. After all, MC does state he never had a sexual relationship with her.

I know we are just talking about our own impressions here but I think it's worth remembering that, in any trial of Terri that might come, it's highly unlikely that any of those things you've mentioned - the MFH, the RO, and the sexting - would be admissible.

So while a combination of things we've heard in the press or from Kaine's mouth make me feel as if Terri is responsible, I haven't seen anything that would be admissible in a court of law that indicates she did it - let alone proves her guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

I know we are just talking about our own impressions here but I think it's worth remembering that, in any trial of Terri that might come, it's highly unlikely that any of those things you've mentioned - the MFH, the RO, and the sexting - would be admissible.

So while a combination of things we've heard in the press or from Kaine's mouth make me feel as if Terri is responsible, I haven't seen anything that would be admissible in a court of law that indicates she did it - let alone proves her guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

But isn't there such as thing as evidence as to a person's character?

If the MFH was provable (and how could a judge issue a RO preventing a mother from seeing her young child if it wasn't), then why wouldn't that be pertinent to this case?

Really I'm no lawyer, just wondering....

If the MFH was provable (and how could a judge issue a RO preventing a mother from seeing her young child if it wasn't), then why wouldn't that be pertinent to this case?

I covered this one over in the Lawyer's thread. I'd repeat it for you here but I might get yelled at. Short answer is no, prior bad acts are not admissible just to show bad character.

I covered this one over in the Lawyer's thread. I'd repeat it for you here but I might get yelled at. Short answer is no, prior bad acts are not admissible just to show bad character.

Right.

Here in VA, I believe such is only allowed in the sentencing phase after conviction.

something else pointed out in the attorney's thread (or possibly by one of them in a 'regular' thread) is that the level of proof for obtaining a RO is lower than that required for a conviction, if that's what you were getting at.

Exactly--as Calliope says, a restraining order isn't a conviction of a crime--a restraining order is made following a request from a citizen who can demonstrate a reason for concern about his or her safety or the safety of family members, etc.

If you've ever seen Judge Judy or other court shows, it is fairly common to see people getting ROs or Protection from Abuse orders against each other, sort of using the court system as part of the finger-pointing in an argument. Now, a restraining order that limits or forbids visitation with a child would probably require more than an order between feuding neighbors,but given that police told Kaine about a murder for hire plot, and his son is missing, it's not surprising that he got the RO.

In order to bring the murder for hire plot together with Kyron's disappearance, prosecutors would have to show a link or connection. And thus far, they haven't even arrested TH for the murder for hire; if they had evidence about that, why is she still walking around? In essence, a person can have many character flaws, may even be a criminal of some sort, and still not be guilty of a particular murder of a particular person. For example, if a serial killer living in City A is arrested and found guilty, it doesn't mean that he has committed all the murders in City A over the time he lived there.

Many people think TH is guilty because the police allege she tried to have her husband murdered (although they haven't charged her), because she has been advised by an attorney not to fight the RO, and she sent sexy text messages to a man not her husband (although said husband had just filed for divorce). I lean toward TH as the main suspect, probably because the media has pretty much unofficially convicted her, but none of these points indicate that she knows where Kyron is (although she might indeed know). But I want to see evidence that shows she tried to commit murder for hire and/or that she kidnapped Kyron for some purpose.

last known person to see Kyron before disappearance
the polygraphs
LE seems to think it's her
LE no comment statement when asked if TH was seen leaving the school with Kyron No current info convinces me she's involved
LE finding MurderForHire credible enough to tell Kaine
Having 90 min unaccounted for

All of the above, to me, added up to the below as my answer on this poll

Combination of things!

Now that we know from another child that Kyron was sceduled to be in the talent show, it looks totally guilty that Terri did not attend. I know she knew about it because it was posted on the billboard outside the school. She is a stay at home mom so there is absoltuely no excuse for her not to have been there for Kyron...except that she knew that Kyron was not there....

Now that we know from another child that Kyron was sceduled to be in the talent show, it looks totally guilty that Terri did not attend. I know she knew about it because it was posted on the billboard outside the school. She is a stay at home mom so there is absoltuely no excuse for her not to have been there for Kyron...except that she knew that Kyron was not there....

Does it look guilty that his father didn't attend, since he was able to leave work early and be home by 2? After all, wasn't that talent show supposed to happen around then?

Does it look guilty that his father didn't attend, since he was able to leave work early and be home by 2? After all, wasn't that talent show supposed to happen around then?

I doubt she told Kaine about the talent show.

It started at 1:00.
"Vickie Coghill, a 35-year resident of Portland's Skyline area, pointed to the billboard outside the school, which reads 'June 4, I.B. Inquiry Expo, 8-10, Talent show, 1-2:45.' Kyron was to take part in both the expo/science fair and the talent show, Coghill said."
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun.html

Were parents invited to attend the talent show? Or was it just for the students? Were we ever able to confirm that?

I'm guessing that since it was advertised on the outside billboard it was open to parents.

I don't have just one thing, but the latest thing is that per Terri's email Kyron had been having possible mini-seizures significant enough to schedule a doctor's appointment and she let him take the bus home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member