What's missing for Prosecution?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
WHAT IS MISSING????
IMO everything is missing. Nothing is cohesive.
No direct tie to KC except that she was the last one seen with Caylee. :twocents:

TRUE that she did NOT act right, that is all over the place, but that does not tie her to a murder.

It's all there songline. The story has been like a picture puzzle. Take each piece and put it together where it fits. At some point, you get the picture.

I posted my full explanation in the guilty or not guilty thread, but it's basically this: I agree COD doesn't always have to be proven, but it is required to prove the death is a result of a criminal act vs. an accidental or negligent act. I just don't feel like the state has done that yet. Not saying they won't by the end of the trial, but, for me, I just don't see it based only the evidence given so far.

I felt the same way GeekyGirl UNTIL.....I saw the amout of duct tape applied to Caylee's skull. No way that was there for any other reason than to end her ability to breathe. Dr. G. has been around the morgue long enough to know when evidence such as this was necessary or not.

I think no matter what they were going to close on Wed....and if the witness had to take a later flight to make that happen so be it....Wed is 3 years since the Father's Day at Mt. Dora....poor Caylee's little last day.

And if the Prosecution ends their testimony by showing the video of Caylee singing "You are my Sunshine" to her Great Grandfather on Father's Day, I think it is a slam dunk for the State....how on earth could anyone listen and watch that precious child sing that song (taught to her by Grandpa George - aka JOJO) and think anything except that Caylee was loved so much by her family.....except Casey...she was fake and used Caylee for self-serving purposes, I honestly don't think anyone could come to any other conclusion, except that Casey is a TERRIBLE person!!

I posted my full explanation in the guilty or not guilty thread, but it's basically this: I agree COD doesn't always have to be proven, but it is required to prove the death is a result of a criminal act vs. an accidental or negligent act. I just don't feel like the state has done that yet. Not saying they won't by the end of the trial, but, for me, I just don't see it based only the evidence given so far.

I'm not a lawyer but I can say that COD does not have to be proven, nor motive or even a body for that matter. I have seen countless cases under just those exact circumstances. DP has been given countless times. The COD isn't as easy to determine as some might think in an age where there have been so many scientific, medical and forensic advances. In most cases I've seen it's usually due to decomposition by the time the body is found. Only in cases of blunt force trauma, stabbing and shooting where there is visible damage to bones can that be determined anyway.

Soft kill is a term often used in cases like this where there isn't a bloody crime scene uncovered by luminol or visisble for instance. Laci Peterson and Jessie Davis were such cases. Zahra Baker's death was determined to be homicide due to violence because there was a good deal of blood, tissue etc. found in her home. I don't know how that will go since there was dismemberment. Just trying to give you examples where the cause could not be determined. I'm sure I have followed way too many cases over the years and not being a lawyer I can only state my observations and info learned from them.

I think in this case the chloroform and duct tape show felony murder. Like Neil Enthwistle (sp) and Mark Hacking, Casey was living a fake life she went to extremes not to have exposed. In addition Casey is a self centered sociopath imo like most are who did not have a babysitter and so obsessed with TL she decided to do what she did. I also see similarities to Diane Downs and Susan smith with Casey as well and we know their motive. Their children simply got in the way of a man. SS husband wanted the kids so like Casey why not give them up?

Relatively new to this side (love it btw). Not sure where to ask this question... I saw on the wftv link there was evidence collected from somewhere that was a gatorade bottle(s), syringe, a small dark bottle with liquid and and few other things that I saw was part of evidence in 2009 I believe. Does anyone know about it? I don't remember them being entered into evidence in the trial.

I am thinking the DT is going to have a field day with the fact that no chloroform was found or any of the components for making it. Thoughts?

I felt the same way GeekyGirl UNTIL.....I saw the amout of duct tape applied to Caylee's skull. No way that was there for any other reason than to end her ability to breathe. Dr. G. has been around the morgue long enough to know when evidence such as this was necessary or not.

In my opinion, the state has not even proven the duct tape was around her skull. After reading the jury instructions, I do not see how they can convict her.

Even tho I believe Casey is guilty and I could convict her, I think there are alot of loose ends and none of the forensics were a sure thing. I am VERY concerned about their case and them getting a conviction. We are talking about the death penalthy here.

Why did the State leave out the fight that Cindy had on the 15th with Casey as part of their motive in this case?

Why don't they bring on the inmate where Casey confessed she drugged Caylee at times so she could party?

Roy Kronk is an issue and the State is trying to hide him.

Where was the duct tape before and after Caylee's death? No proof. Baez is making a thing about it.

Why weren't the heart stickers from the bedroom?

Why wasn't KC's child hood friend put on and testify about the pet burial ground in that area?

And there is alot more they could put on? Why be so quick with their case? I don't think it looks that great. I hope they are reading here!

Why didn't they put on some weather reports etc about the storm and how it would affect the remains?

Why didn't they have Texas Equsearch on to tell about how they missed the remains when they searched and the weather problems and flooding.

There is so much they missed.

JMO here... the DT promised to introduce Roy Kronk, and they spoke about the site being searched more than once, which would include the weather and TE...so, they will let JB present that, and then go for a rebuttal case on these issues... I think CM was trying to force the hand of the SA yesterday at side bar by saying the defense may not present a case. As for the fight, the neighbor was not clear that there was a fight that happened THAT night, just that he had witnessed one around that time frame..JMO

I think there are a lot of loose ends, but I am crossing my fingers this was a well played rebuttal scenario.

IMO, the state has proven premeditation. They proved that duct tape should have been no where near Caylee's face and there would have been time to think about it and get the tape off in the time it would take to suffocate, just in case the jury should consider Casey going into a rage and doing something. Casey made it a little easier by admitting to knowing that Caylee was dead on June 16th. Even if they remotely consider accidental drowning, I believe they'd still go with felony murder because she had plenty of time to call 911 for help between the few hours after getting back home but before leaving for Tony's. They'll know she wasn't asleep because of phone and texting activity. The jury won't believe that George was home. They'll know whatever it was happened after George left for work.

My thinking here isn't even taking into consideration the chloroform in the trunk air or the previous computer searches.

IMO SA has done a brilliant job telling Caylee's story!Going step by step showing ICA is responsible for the murder of Caylee.SA could have added more but why drag in all they have done in the past 3 yrs.It would just confuse the jurors IMO,a lot of evidence was given more will come in during DT turn.SA will be able to ask questions on redirect ,SA will tie it all together at the end.LDB,JA, G ,and HHJBP have done a great job their families must be so proud of them.Glad I can not say the same about the DT.Justice for Caylee is almost here.

In my opinion, the state has not even proven the duct tape was around her skull. After reading the jury instructions, I do not see how they can convict her.

Since the beginning the duct tape and postioning has been a curiousity for me. I was not really sure about what role the duct tape took..and to this day I cannot make up my mind if it was placed peri mortem or post mortem..but I do believe it was placed there prior to major decomposition, and in my mind, the SA has proven that it was... Obviously there are others like yourself that are not convinced... I think that is what is RIGHT about our jury system of justice...folks of all opinions and mindset. But then again, we all know so much more about this case than the jurors hopefully.

IMO, the state has proven premeditation. They proved that duct tape should have been no where near Caylee's face and there would have been time to think about it and get the tape off in the time it would take to suffocate, just in case the jury should consider Casey going into a rage and doing something. Casey made it a little easier by admitting to knowing that Caylee was dead on June 16th. Even if they remotely consider accidental drowning, I believe they'd still go with felony murder because she had plenty of time to call 911 for help between the few hours after getting back home but before leaving for Tony's. They'll know she wasn't asleep because of phone and texting activity. The jury won't believe that George was home. They'll know whatever it was happened after George left for work.

My thinking here isn't even taking into consideration the chloroform in the trunk air or the previous computer searches.

Big question for you, I thought I had seen 99% of the trial, but probably more like 90, but I did not see the phone records in full introduced into evidence, and what is larger for me are the ping records, and I never heard mention of those...I think they are crucial and a little worried they are not there... unless I missed something..which is possible. If you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it beyond words!!

Since the beginning the duct tape and postioning has been a curiousity for me. I was not really sure about what role the duct tape took..and to this day I cannot make up my mind if it was placed peri mortem or post mortem..but I do believe it was placed there prior to major decomposition, and in my mind, the SA has proven that it was... Obviously there are others like yourself that are not convinced... I think that is what is RIGHT about our jury system of justice...folks of all opinions and mindset. But then again, we all know so much more about this case than the jurors hopefully.

My problem with the duct tape is that they did not have anyone that was certain it was placed on the skull at all. The one witness who testified that it was placed post-mortem and he knew that due to the mandible still being attached, BUT said on cross-examination that it was possible for the mandible to still be in place and he has seen it before, it is just not common. Then JB asked of the positon of the skull with the plant roots growing around it could have held the mandible attached and he said yes, it was possible. Does anyone remember anyone other witnesses theories about the duct tape being around the skull?

Big question for you, I thought I had seen 99% of the trial, but probably more like 90, but I did not see the phone records in full introduced into evidence, and what is larger for me are the ping records, and I never heard mention of those...I think they are crucial and a little worried they are not there... unless I missed something..which is possible. If you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it beyond words!!

I don't think the phone records or the pings were ever introduced at all.

How about this - Photo of Ica wearing a "Team Caylee, Help Find Caylee" Button

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/orl-caseycries220081014184618,0,1683136.photo
Casey Anthony cries at grand jury press conference
( RED HUBER, ORLANDO SENTINEL / October 14, 2008 )

ALSO JB talking to NG on July 23, 2008 about young girl seen at airport that could be Caylee and how people calling in tips couldn't get through to LE tip line - and how he has written to LE about how they (defense and ICA) want to assist in the search for Caylee
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcvNvok5BzE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcvNvok5BzE[/ame]

I know it's too late and all the legal reasons but really, the Charade.

Since the state charged her with child abuse, manslaughter and 1st degree murder... why didn't they put 2nd degree murder in there too?

There is no way manslaughter would be an option for me. 1st degree murder might be a bit much for me. I am guessing there are jurors who would also prefer 2nd degree in the middle...

Is there is a reason that was not an option?

Speaking of which, whatever became of the teddy bear that went missing from Cindy's bed? I was sure that was going to come in....as a spiteful gesture that clogged the pipes and required an emergency plumber visit to Hopespring. Guess not.

The teddy was brought up... that it disappeared after Caylee did. Then at some point it returned to the house.

But that was all that was said about it.

i hope the state gets TonE to state on rebuttal that although he liked Caylee he had told Casey that Caylee could not spend the night and that he only wanted boy children. that ties into Casey immediately spending the night after Caylee's death and never leaving TonEs unless he was out of town. its sounds like weak motive but it could be one mitigating factor

He should have just said:

"Excuse me Nancy... may I get my file?" :seeya:

We would have had a preview of trial... even then he wasn't prepared. Although, he seemed much more competent at the time. He was even able to respond to Nancy, somewhat intelligently. :eek:

So, I am really curious at what point Jose knew that Casey knew all along Caylee was dead? :waitasec:

How about this - Photo of Ica wearing a "Team Caylee, Help Find Caylee" Button

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/orl-caseycries220081014184618,0,1683136.photo
Casey Anthony cries at grand jury press conference
( RED HUBER, ORLANDO SENTINEL / October 14, 2008 )

ALSO JB talking to NG on July 23, 2008 about young girl seen at airport that could be Caylee and how people calling in tips couldn't get through to LE tip line - and how he has written to LE about how they (defense and ICA) want to assist in the search for Caylee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcvNvok5BzE

I know it's too late and all the legal reasons but really, the Charade.

He should have just said:

"Excuse me Nancy... may I get my file?" :seeya:

We would have had a preview of trial... even then he wasn't prepared. Although, he seemed much more competent at the time. He was even able to respond to Nancy, somewhat intelligently. :eek:

So, I am really curious at what point Jose knew that Casey knew all along Caylee was dead? :waitasec:

bbm: good catch. Good to know some things never change...
You know, I believe that he knew from day 1 but he sure is convincing in this video.

The syringe found in the bottle from trash. Whats that about?

I read somewhere that there were traces of steroids in the bottle. Is that right? If so, it is not connected to this case, imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtbag
Back