When will Casey be Arrested?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

When will Casey be arrested on charges for Caylee's death ?

• Tue. Oct. 14th

Votes: 53 20.5%
  • Wed. Oct. 15th

Votes: 85 32.9%
  • Thurs. Oct. 16th

Votes: 40 15.5%
  • Fri. Oct. 17th

Votes: 37 14.3%
  • Following Week or longer

Votes: 43 16.7%

• Total voters
IMO I agree w Fae earlier who said LE will take as long as they can up to October--remember while they have evidence Caylee is deceased, and that her body was at some point in that trunk, w/out a body they may not have learned enough about the manner of death. Especially if they believe (as I do) the chloroform was used afterwards strictly in clean-up they're still left to speculate whether to charge anything from negligent homicide or manslaughter to first degree premeditated murder. The State cannot really afford to miss that call and IMO will leave no stone unturned while steadily maintaining pressure on Casey before bringing her up on formal charges rather than risk getting it wrong.

Btw BAZ/RR I'm one of those posters who believes Caylee's remains were likely in the trunk up until the time Casey could then "safely" abandon the Pontiac. Perhaps the poster you mention was referring (by 6/27) not to date car was towed but finally abandoned?

I keep going back to KC's statement "I can honestly say I do not know where Caylee is".

I think she is once again lying and telling the truth at the same time.

If she was dumped in a dumpster, then KC would "honestly" not know where she ended up. Hence the "where" Caylee is.

In her sick twisted mind she is telling the "truth".:confused:
JMHO

I keep going back to KC's statement "I can honestly say I do not know where Caylee is".

I think she is once again lying and telling the truth at the same time.

If she was dumped in a dumpster, then KC would "honestly" not know where she ended up. Hence the "where" Caylee is.

In her sick twisted mind she is telling the "truth".:confused:
JMHO

Excellent point! I don't think LE asks the right questions of some of these people. "What did you do with Caylee's body" would be a great question. Or to any of her friends "have you ever been in contact with Chloroform or Xanax", "have you ever purchased either?", to Casey "did you ever give your daughter chloroform or Xanax." etc Questions to GA and Cindy would be good if they asked if they have ever had either drug in THEIR possession! People who lie do that, they break down the question into tiny bits in their mind so they can "honestly" say no or yes or whatever!

Excellent point! I don't think LE asks the right questions of some of these people. "What did you do with Caylee's body" would be a great question. Or to any of her friends "have you ever been in contact with Chloroform or Xanax", "have you ever purchased either?", to Casey "did you ever give your daughter chloroform or Xanax." etc Questions to GA and Cindy would be good if they asked if they have ever had either drug in THEIR possession! People who lie do that, they break down the question into tiny bits in their mind so they can "honestly" say no or yes or whatever!

You are right about the questions about the drugs too. I wish the questions could have been asked early on. I am sure they will be at trial.

Her phrase "I can honestly tell you I do not know where Caylee is" has haunted me from the first day we saw the transcripts.

I just know she is thinking, "how would I know where she ended up" She is a MONSTER!

You are right about the questions about the drugs too. I wish the questions could have been asked early on. I am sure they will be at trial.

Her phrase "I can honestly tell you I do not know where Caylee is" has haunted me from the first day we saw the transcripts.

I just know she is thinking, "how would I know where she ended up" She is a MONSTER!

If KC put Caylee in a dumpster she doesn't know where Caylee is.

IMO

But didn't Casey's attorney say something about how we should not assume that Casey does not know where Caylee is?

If KC put Caylee in a dumpster she doesn't know where Caylee is.

IMO

EXACTLY and then she can rationalize that she is not lying about not knowing her daughters whereabouts.

Didn't she also say early on the she was "close"? And when questioned didn't she say she was "not in a better place" Hence dump.

But didn't Casey's attorney say something about how we should not assume that Casey does not know where Caylee is?

Why would "we" have any assumption about the whereabouts of her daughter when she repeatedly told LE she "honestly did not know the whereabouts of my daughter"?

If JB knows his client knows her daughters whereabouts and he does not disclose this isn't he an accessory?

Why would "we" have any assumption about the whereabouts of her daughter when she repeatedly told LE she "honestly did not know the whereabouts of my daughter"?

If JB knows his client knows her daughters whereabouts and he does not disclose this isn't he an accessory?

You'd have to ask Baez. When I heard him say it I couldn't figure out why he was contradicting his own client's story.

Yeah, I would have liked those questions asked too, but it was early on and the detectives probably hadn't quite started considering the deeper implications of "Xanny," and chloroform probably hadn't hit their radar screen yet. Caylee lawyered up right after the questioning we heard, so that was the end of the questioning. I seriously doubt that any competent lawyer would put this woman on the stand, so, personally, I have a strong feeling that no one's going to get to ask her anything at trial either. It also seems likely that a competent attorney would be out bigtime to plea-bargin this case and I think the state would do that eventually in exchange for KC's co-operation to find Caylee. Lately, I've started to think that this might not even get to trial because the defense will end up begging for a deal...on their hands and knees. Hope I'm right. I think that might be the best solution- a long sentence but no death penalty and some opportunity to get out some day in exchange for saying what happened in a way that could be verified, more or less. Coming from her, what ever explanation she would give would probably mostly be a lie too, but I'm wondering more and more if that won't be the conclusion to this awful mess.

Thanks for this info, but I had a question. Why is a GJ needed?

Let's say I was a murderer, and somebody gave a tip that located me and had reason to believe I was the murderer of people. Would they not arrest me? They would not have a GJ that quickly to be able to get an arrest warrant. I don't get why a grand jury is needed in this case.

1. Child is missing.
2. Decomp evidence in trunk.
3. Tons of circumstantial evidence.
4. Child is missing.

Doesn't that equal an arrest warrant?
There are the two ways to go about it. To answer your question (best I know how), yes, the police could just take the evidence they have to the DA and present it. The DA examines it and deterimes if there is suff. evidence for an arrest warrant. This is the first step and does have to happen before indictment handed down. I should have mentioned that. But when they are trying to work on a sealed indictment...they can hold the arrest warrant until they are ready on the fear that if arrested before indictment, she would possibly have a lower bail than she would after arrested under indictment. It all depends on how they want to play the game. I can't presume to know everything. I was just giving one possibly scenarios. Of course, the second scenario is to just go ahead and arrest her on the charges (if DA signs off on warrant, gets signed by Judge) before/during the grand jury process....we'll see....

Hi, Parabeagle. Thanks for your input. I have a question. Is it possible that a Grand Jury would be convened just for this case? Or am I mistaken in thinking that they are appointed for a period of time, say 6 months, and hear all other cases too? Is there such a thing as a special GJ?
Okay, that was 3 questions. Sorry.
And if my understanding is correct, the GJ will convene and the indictment will be handed down BEFORE she is arrested, right?

I'll try, but like I've said before...I'm just a paralegal, speaking on experience, not expertise...
Yes, they usually serve terms, waiting for their "turn" should it come and the DA could use the currently seated jury pool. OR they CAN call a special grand jury. They pool another large group of jurors randomly which are NOT the current sitting pool....based on circumstance/type of case.

There are the two ways to go about it. To answer your question (best I know how), yes, the police could just take the evidence they have to the DA and present it. The DA examines it and deterimes if there is suff. evidence for an arrest warrant. This is the first step and does have to happen before indictment handed down. I should have mentioned that. But when they are trying to work on a sealed indictment...they can hold the arrest warrant until they are ready on the fear that if arrested before indictment, she would possibly have a lower bail than she would after arrested under indictment. It all depends on how they want to play the game. I can't presume to know everything. I was just giving one possibly scenarios. Of course, the second scenario is to just go ahead and arrest her on the charges (if DA signs off on warrant, gets signed by Judge) before/during the grand jury process....we'll see....

Okay, so does a GJ hold more weight than a regular arrest?

Welcome to WS Parabeagle. You have already proven to be a great source of info.

I used to work in a felony courtroom and I too did not see many "innocent" defendants. It is funny and sad how after time you get a little jaded and doubt everyone.

KC is like nothing I have ever in 20 years seen. I bet that is why she has these seasoned detectives just scratching their heads thinking WTF?:confused:

I hope this is already in the GJ stage and the indictment will be soon.

Thanks again for sharing your info.:blowkiss:

There is absolutely zero proof Caylee drowned in the pool. There is no proof Casey thought she drowned. There is no proof Cindy left a gate open.

There is 100% proof Casey NEVER called 911 for help, in regards to a drowning.
There is no proof Casey called 911 to report Caylee missing.

There IS proof chloroform was found in the trunk of her car.
There is also proof a dead body had been in there.
There is also proof from hair samples Caylee was dead.

If it were a accident Casey would be begging to be released & a free lady.
And I think the maggots and the flies will be able to help them pinpoint a time also. I hope.

Casey already has been arrested three times, on a broad range of charges. The key ones are Child Negligence/abuse, and the financial check fraud charges. At this time she is out on bail and is confined to her home via electronic monitoring.

The State Attorney is taking his time to do things right. They already had an early error that is effecting how and when they charge anything further related to Caylee's disapearence or death. The very early on charged her with child neglect. While fully appropriate at the time, it bumps into a few quirks of Florida law. Under Florida law the state must be preparred to bring her to trial within 120 days of when she is charged. The defense can choose to waive this speed and go for a longer date, but they would not in this case for the neglect charges. So there is a court date 2nd week in November.

Problem 2 is because the child neglect charges are part of the crime that would also be charged as a homicide, if they are brought to trial, jeopardy will acrue, and the state will not be able to increase the charges to homicide. If the charges are upped to homicide before the neglect trial starts, then the clock starts over at 120 days.

Since the clock is already running LE wants to burn off as much of the current timer, strengthening their case, before they reset the timer and have to go to trial for homicide within 120 days. (A fast trial puts the prosecution at a disadvantage).

So current bets are, unless they have an absolutely iron clad case, and probably a body, they will hold off on charging her with any homicide until the first or second week of October. If the body is found or further damning evidence is revealed then they may feel comfortable to do it sooner. But figgure that October 16th or so is probably their drop dead date on which she WILL be charged with something more serious.
Can't they just drop the child neglect charge? jeopardy isn't in play then is it?

Yeah, I would have liked those questions asked too, but it was early on and the detectives probably hadn't quite started considering the deeper implications of "Xanny," and chloroform probably hadn't hit their radar screen yet. Caylee lawyered up right after the questioning we heard, so that was the end of the questioning. I seriously doubt that any competent lawyer would put this woman on the stand, so, personally, I have a strong feeling that no one's going to get to ask her anything at trial either. It also seems likely that a competent attorney would be out bigtime to plea-bargin this case and I think the state would do that eventually in exchange for KC's co-operation to find Caylee. Lately, I've started to think that this might not even get to trial because the defense will end up begging for a deal...on their hands and knees. Hope I'm right. I think that might be the best solution- a long sentence but no death penalty and some opportunity to get out some day in exchange for saying what happened in a way that could be verified, more or less. Coming from her, what ever explanation she would give would probably mostly be a lie too, but I'm wondering more and more if that won't be the conclusion to this awful mess.

I think Baez has already presented that option to KC.

The state has been throwing out feelers trying to persuade KC to do it.

BUT, if whatever KC did to Caylee might have left chemicals in Caylee's bones OR might have broken or nicked bones, KC won't ever talk. There would be no benefit to her if she did.

Everybody (including Cindy) would KNOW, too.

I've thought KC deliberately killed Caylee ever since KC didn't take the "accident out".

Okay, so does a GJ hold more weight than a regular arrest?

Zoo, Think of the Grand Jury as a mechanism to get the ball rolling inside the Courthouse.
It's not like a trial with a bunch of lawyers, objections, major arguing and all that hullabaloo.
It is a procedural step used generally in more serious cases to get the case into the Courtroom.
The State can generally bring the charges to get the Court ball rolling by using the GJ or by "filing" information on the charges as they did with the check stuff.

But if this is a capital murder case, the state of Florida will require the whole ballgame start with a Grand Jury telling us the crime has most likely been committed and this is the person to be charged....to put it into plain English.

It is not really an adversarial procedure; More like a parade of witnesses.

By statute, blabbing about what is going on in there..to the general public......that's a crime in Florida

So basically the GJ is saying there's probable cause to believe that a crime has been committed and that this person did it.
It is a procedural step, so I wouldn't give it hidden or double meanings or great strategic weight

Hope that helps:blowkiss:
as always, jmho

They have enought evidence, they're just fine tuning what they've got. A body will help little at this point , even in the unlikely event it is found.

An arrest should happen soon, I would think, there's little holding them back.

Can't they just drop the child neglect charge? jeopardy isn't in play then is it?

I believe if that happens the bond money is returned and she is only being charged with the thefts. I doubt she could get out of town, but without the bracelet and all that hubbaballoo, she might just walk or run out of dodge.

I am just hoping and praying really hard that she is arrested for involvement in child's disappearance real soon....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomasfrank
Back