Votes: 26 11.4%
  • Alive but not safe

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • In heaven

Votes: 156 68.4%
  • Don't know

Votes: 44 19.3%

• Total voters
If in fact this G. H. does live there, rent free, could H. refuse LE wanting to search there without a SW, since he is not the property owner? Would have have to call the K's and ask permission??

If in fact this G. H. does live there, rent free, could H refuse LE wanting to search there without a SW, since he is not the property owner? Would have have to call the K's and ask permission??

I found on Find Law someone referencing if a landlord can give LE access to search your property: it says no, they can't. (the answer is vague, in a way...)

http://criminal.findlaw.com/crimes/...rch-and-seizure/searches-seizures-faq(1).html

ETA: I am assuming the K's own the land, thus they may be considered the landlords regardless of rent being paid or not. And to answer your first question: since H has established a homestead there, yes, he can refuse a search if they don't have a SW.

=========
Wow, Mysticrose. Your post really hit home with me. My ex-husband was just like the person you described. He also took my daughters during a court order visitation just to punish me for leaving him. He showed up in court with two attorneys and 23 people from a church he had gone to for sympathy and they all testified as to what a great and caring father he was. I was never allowed to work, or to have friends or to see my relatives while with him. I had no job, no money, I showed up without an attorney and the judge (later found out that the judge's wife had just left him just prior to my custody hearing) gave my daughters to my husband because he had a job and could take better care of them. He hunted me and my children for a week with a shotgun because he was not going to let me or my children go. I am too well aware of what judges can do and too much aware of how men like Ron can put on an act..........

Wow ladies! It is a comfort to know that there are others like me. I don't post here often because I find it very, very difficult to be objective about Ron because he reminds me so much of my good ole boy, preachers son ex husband. When I watch him in interviews and on videos my 'security wall' builds up and I have the same sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that I always did when it was time for the ex to arrive home from work each day. I really don't like feeling this way but truly can't help it. I guess the scary traits are easy for me to spot after living it for 20 years. I thank God each and every day that I made it out of the marriage. The escape was a long, hard journey and I prayed that I wouldn't end up in a dumpster some where.

Despite his charming and manipulating others over to 'his side', I knew that his true colors would be shown one day. And boy were they...loud and clear!
Hence, my siggy below! Thanks for sharing your stories!:blowkiss:

wm

For some reason LE concentrated on hwy 17 near Crescent City. What would make them go in that direction?

Is is possible that the van was used and then driven back to Crescent City where Chelsea lives? She reported it moved from where she left it AND it was damaged. That is the only thought I have so far.
I don't know.I personally feel they went the wrong way and should have checked the other way up towards Palatka.

I am only guessing...so this IS MY OPINION ONLY...but Teresa was the one who was adamant about checking out this trailer and the area. IMO, she is the one spearheading any push to search there and will probably be the one to speak out if nothing is done.

My questions would have to be..."Why wait two or ten days? Why not speak up now and publically put it out there that LE has neglected to adequately search that area to put pressure on them?".

Now...this is contingent on the story being true in the first place and being reported correctly. (I hope it is true.)
Wasn't it Teresa who wanted the dumpster area checked too?I thought I heard that on JVM(I'm not sure where)I do trust her judgement.I really hope they look into this area also.Where else did Teresa want checked?They should check there too.

Wasn't it Teresa who wanted the dumpster area checked too?I thought I heard that on JVM(I'm not sure where)I do trust her judgement.I really hope they look into this area also.Where else did Teresa want checked?They should check there too.

Teresa did want the green trailer searched for quite a long time.

However, it was simply a rumor that Teresa wanted the dumpster searched:

Putnam County sheriff's Capt. Dick Schauland said Thursday's search was not prompted by any specific information, "but as a routine procedure that has proven itself in other missing child cases."
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18806506/detail.html

I trust Teresa's judgment also, though. I hope LE is able to search the property and trailer where the green MH is located. It seems that location has been bothering Teresa since very early. Hopefully it can be searched again thoroughly.

I'm not aware of anywhere else that Teresa wanted to checked.

I trust Teresa's judgment also, though. I hope LE is able to search the property and trailer where the green MH is located. It seems that location has been bothering Teresa since very early. Hopefully it can be searched again thoroughly.

Sounds like Miss Teresa is not thinking that her grand daughter is still alive. I wonder what information she has that would lead her to think that way.

Sounds like Miss Teresa is not thinking that her grand daughter is still alive. I wonder what information she has that would lead her to think that way.

IIRC, a psychic called into the BNN radio show a few weeks ago and stated that she had spoken to Teresa. I don't recall her name, but I believe she said she wanted Teresa to check out that property. Perhaps that is why Teresa wants that property checked out again.

And I doubt Teresa will give up on believing HaLeigh is alive. She probably just wants ALL avenues explored. That's my take on that situation.

I also wonder if LE told this/these family members there may be an arrest within those 10 days?

I understand how you feel lonetraveler, but people can't just run up and start looking/searching through the green trailer and land.... As much as most of us would want to do just that. KWIM?

That said. LE spent a ton of money in Baker County searching because the family asked.
Why not do the same for Haleigh's paternal family?

Looks like we'll have to wait and see...
----------
I hope the waiting 10 days doesn't clue the kidnapper, if there is actually one, to take off or to even move Haleigh if she is there, dead or alive.

You also have to wonder if it is a family member giving another family member a deadline to come clean with the truth or they are going to come forward themselves.

Why did LE concentrate on the area S of hwy17, north of Crescent City.....must have been a reason to go there?

Wow ladies! It is a comfort to know that there are others like me. I don't post here often because I find it very, very difficult to be objective about Ron because he reminds me so much of my good ole boy, preachers son ex husband. When I watch him in interviews and on videos my 'security wall' builds up and I have the same sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that I always did when it was time for the ex to arrive home from work each day. I really don't like feeling this way but truly can't help it. I guess the scary traits are easy for me to spot after living it for 20 years. I thank God each and every day that I made it out of the marriage. The escape was a long, hard journey and I prayed that I wouldn't end up in a dumpster some where.

Despite his charming and manipulating others over to 'his side', I knew that his true colors would be shown one day. And boy were they...loud and clear!
Hence, my siggy below! Thanks for sharing your stories!:blowkiss:

wm
----------
I posted very early on this case that I could not be objective and that I knew that I was definitely influenced by my past. But, I get the same vibes when I see Ron in the videos and I have also posted that I would have a conflict and would not be able to serve on this jury if Ron was to be the one arrested and if there was a chance I was called to jury duty.

Actually, per JVM, TN did ask that dumpster area be searched.

YouTube - ISSUES 2/26/09 Part 1 of 9 (5:50 min)

However, her request may not have been the trigger that resulted in the dumpster search on the day cadaver dogs hit on that dumpster.

Actually, per JVM, TN did ask that dumpster area be searched.

YouTube - ISSUES 2/26/09 Part 1 of 9 (5:50 min)

However, her request may not have been the trigger that resulted in the dumpster search on the day cadaver dogs hit on that dumpster.

Who was it on the video that stated Teresa requested the search?

I haven't watched the video. My speakers are not great on this computer.

Unless the words came out of Teresa's mouth, and I do NOT believe Teresa ever appeared on JVM, I will consider it a rumor. Thanks.

JVM has often had rumors on her show.

Who was it on the video that stated Teresa requested the search?

I haven't watched the video. My speakers are not great on this computer.

Unless the words came out of Teresa's mouth, and I do NOT believe Teresa ever appeared on JVM, I will consider it a rumor. Thanks.

JVM has often had rumors on her show.

TN did not speak on the this tape. I don't know, for a fact, whether or not JVM, NG or any other media source include rumors in their reports. With the dearth of information from LE, I expect that they all do. However, it would not surprise me if a family member, or friend, would see that large dumpster, worry and ask that the area surrounding it be thoroughly searched. I can't imagine why someone would start a rumor about that.

TN did not speak on the this tape. I don't know, for a fact, whether or not JVM, NG or any other media source include rumors in their reports. With the dearth of information from LE, I expect that they all do. However, it would not surprise me if a family member, or friend, would see that large dumpster, worry and ask that the area surrounding it be thoroughly searched. I can't imagine why someone would start a rumor about that.

You didn't mention who it was that stated Teresa asked for the search?

JVM often has Art Harris on her show reporting "stories" that often times are little more than rumors. NG does not have stories like some of the ones on JVM on her show, IMO.

In the article I linked above, LE is quoted as stating the dumpster search was not the result of any new information or tips. I believe LE when they speak.

BTW, there are other articles about the dumpster that state it had already been searched, but never been emptied. (Not sure how you search a dumpster without emptying it, but that's what the articles stated).

I like Jane Velez Mitchell alot.Apparantly JVM heard it from some where Teresa wanted the dumpster checked and she apparantly requested it a few times.I don't think they had ever checked the dumpster area before with cadaver dogs.I believe her.It doesn't matter.Thank you for helping me.I feel alot of these rumors are true or had some roots to them and I believe they will lead to what happened to Haleigh.I believe the answers are in Putnam County and with MC.I just pray they find Haleigh soon.I think I read in an article Teresa wanted the pond?checked too.

IMO The dumpsters in the area should of been searched on the very first day. Does not make sense to me a family member would have to suggest that to LE for it to get searched.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
euvin3582
Back