Where is Lee Anthony

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Has Lee faced the facts and turned his back on the family?

• Yes

Votes: 100 31.9%
  • No

Votes: 128 40.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 85 27.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I remember correctly that the det interviewing GA said " your son missed his calling, he seems to be ontop of everything." Meaning , I guess, that LA should be a detective. His approach to questioning his sister was a pretty good way of getting her to talk, even if she told lies. He knows her well enough to interpret her half truths and full out lies.
I think this breakup with his girl friend may be a manuever on his part to keep her out of this upcoming trial. As long as she has some denial about anything LA may have told her she would be safe from too much scrutiny.
Or I may be completely off course. However, I think I do remember that det saying that to GA.

I would assume that by this point, Lee would have obtained his own legal counsel, but have heard no definites on that. Anyone know?

It has not been reported in Orlando, that I can remember, that Lee has obtained legal counsel.
If he has hired a lawyer it's been hush

I seem to recall Tony calling Amy from Casey's phone and she told him what was going on and for all of them to check their bank accounts as she had been cleaned out...This was the evening of the 15th-or so I recall. Anyone else?

Yes,I remember that from Tony' or Amy's LE interview and it was the evening of the 15th.
Tony L called Amy from Casey's cell phone.
At this point, I believe, they did not know that Caylee was missing, and Amy warned Tony and his roomates to check their bank accounts
Lee called Tony later on that evening to tell him he was coming over to retrieve Casey's things

Posters at http://.net/index.php?topic=3753.1640 are reporting that Lee has a "threatening" outgoing message on his answering machine/voicemail.
Apparently he says ""I can see your information, even if you attempt to block your number."

I hope one of them uploads the audio, I'd enjoy hearing it.

This is wild, since I just posted about this on the thread about the lightbulb things in this case:

According to Tony, Lee called him the evening of the 15th, around midnight...after the first police officer had begun to question Casey and before Lee showed up at his place to pick up Casey's things. When Lee called, he told Tony what was going on. However, according to the OSCO documents dated 7/16/08, Tony claims that the first he heard of Caylee missing was when the deputies showed up at his house early THAT morning and told him.

curious and curiouser.
Yes it is!

He's probably busy setting up transportation for one of Casey's special events through Universal. LOL! I didn't know one could be a special events coordinator while working at a kiosk.

Yes,I remember that from Tony' or Amy's LE interview and it was the evening of the 15th.
Tony L called Amy from Casey's cell phone.
At this point, I believe, they did not know that Caylee was missing, and Amy warned Tony and his roomates to check their bank accounts
Lee called Tony later on that evening to tell him he was coming over to retrieve Casey's things
How if no one knew his number 'cause it was on Casey's phone? In AH's interview she never mentioned Lee calling and asking for AL's number. She does say that AL called her on the 15th to talk (from Casey's phone), but she never mentions Lee calling and asking her for Tony's number. She very well may have been the one to give him AL's number, it's just that it's not mentioned in the interview that I heard.

I agree that Themis' post seems right on the money!

I was also thinking about Lee's refusing the DNA test and it occurred to me that maybe he's afraid Casey planted some of his DNA in the car. If Casey was my sister, I wouldn't put it past her...
And if Lee's DNA was found in the car, that could help explain LP's strange ramblings about DNA in the trunk... maybe there was a concerted effort to scare him into coming forward? It's probably just conspiracy theory, but who knows with Casey...

I posted this in the Accomplice thread-- these are my additional thoughts about Lee:
I think Casey tricked Lee into hiding her tracks-- ie the computer crash. I don't think Lee knew what he was destroying or the truth about what Casey had done until later. I would bet he now has his own counsel and things are going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

I wonder if Lee is trying to make a deal on Casey's behalf-- he'll talk in exchange for immunity and the DA's agreement to take the death penalty off the table. Honestly, that's what I would be doing if it was my younger sister facing the death penalty.

I think it's pretty clear that Lee is the "fixer" in this dysfunctional family. He's the one Cindy called to find Casey on July 3, causing Casey to get "upset" and flee the Lodge. He's the one George called on July 15 to go check on Cindy before she called 911. He's the one who launched his own investigation, determined to find something Casey had said was actually true. I think his first calls with Casey clearly reveal that he did NOT know what she had done. Early on, he was at the forefront, speaking publicly and involving himself in the investigation. Now he's nowhere to be seen. At some point, he realized the truth, IMO. I feel true sympathy for Lee and I guess I'm unwilling to imagine he's guilty of anything but being exploited by his sister until I see strong evidence to the contrary.

I agree with you. I think its quite logical that some of LA's DNA may be in that car, because it used to be his car. I'm sure that I have DNA, like hairs, all over my car, as well as cars that I have had in the past. That, and it wouldn't surprise me at all that this whole ordeal made him a little paranoid. I know if this whole thing were happening in my family, it would blow my mind. I can totally understand him wanting to distance himself from it, and wanting to know the truth, but being afraid of knowing it at the same time. I wouldn't want to trade places with him for anything.

And, I also agree that if LA is involved in anything, its because KC tricked him into it. I think he is protective of his sister, to a degree, and if he did help with anything, it was probably something he thought was harmless and he did it in an effort to spare his family potential embarrassment (too late for that). I certainly don't think he was involved in her murder/body disposal. And, I don't for a second believe that LA would be Caylee's father. Why would he be? KC may have looked up to her older brother, maybe even idolized him a little bit. But that doesn't mean that she would want to sleep with him. Yuck! And, she seemed to have a whole slew of guys willing to sleep with her, so why would she want to sleep with her brother. That's just gross. Both LA and KC are attractive people. I'm sure neither of them had any problem finding people to sleep with, so why on earth would they sleep with each other? It just doesn't make sense to me. I think LP's insinuations are all based on drama-seeking and the need to reveal "shocking details". He would love it if it were true, as it would truly make this even more of a soap opera than it already is, but I still don't buy it. Totally tabloid, IMO.

And, I totally agree that LA is the "fixer" in the family. He and GA seem like the only sane ones in that group. I think GA has been so henpecked over the years, that he's just along for the ride now. And, so LA has to be the mediator in the CA/KC confrontations. It is quite obvious that KC doesn't confide in her mother. Her father had more or less checked out of trying to deal with her. And, so that left big brother. He's probably the only one in that whole family who could get through to her. And, so C & G probably relied on him to do alot of their bidding with her over the years, and especially in this case.

The thing that I don't understand about Lee not wanting to provide DNA is that, if he had consulted with any lawyer, he would have been told that under the circumstances, he could be subpeonead to provide a sample...Which is, in fact, what happened. So what was the point? The only thing it did was put him in a "bad light" with respect to the investigation.

MOO

I really believe Lee has stepped back from the whole mess. He is a young guy with his whole life ahead of him. He is smart enough to know what she did and smart enough to know what a shamble his life will become if he gets labled "one of the crazy Anthony's" permanently. The public just hates them. CA and GA will have a hard time living anywhere after this is all over. I think Lee has removed himself for his own survival. He will show up to testify when called upon, and will not lie for anyone. He will just say it as he saw it. The truth will set HIM free at least. It will be hard for him, but he knows what has to be done for his own survival. I believe the defense has their hands full now without the family unity that I sense has shifted.
JMO

I really believe Lee has stepped back from the whole mess. He is a young guy with his whole life ahead of him. He is smart enough to know what she did and smart enough to know what a shamble his life will become if he gets labled "one of the crazy Anthony's" permanently. The public just hates them. CA and GA will have a hard time living anywhere after this is all over. I think Lee has removed himself for his own survival. He will show up to testify when called upon, and will not lie for anyone. He will just say it as he saw it. The truth will set HIM free at least. It will be hard for him, but he knows what has to be done for his own survival. I believe the defense has their hands full now without the family unity that I sense has shifted.
JMO

lizzy - I hope that you're right. I hope that he is not involved and is acting accordingly. If so, he deserves to move on with his life!

I really like your name :)
I agree with you. I think its quite logical that some of LA's DNA may be in that car, because it used to be his car. I'm sure that I have DNA, like hairs, all over my car, as well as cars that I have had in the past.
Exactly-- his DNA could be all over the car for many innocent reasons and Casey could have reminded him of that. A lot of the car "evidence" could also be interpreted as coincidence-- in my own vehicle, I have a bloodstain left by my sister from when she got a bloody nose, a shovel, plastic painter's tarp, a box-cutter, a gas can, rope, a hunting knife, several pieces of random silverware, and a bunch of other odd things.

That, and it wouldn't surprise me at all that this whole ordeal made him a little paranoid. I know if this whole thing were happening in my family, it would blow my mind. I can totally understand him wanting to distance himself from it, and wanting to know the truth, but being afraid of knowing it at the same time. I wouldn't want to trade places with him for anything.
And, I also agree that if LA is involved in anything, its because KC tricked him into it. I think he is protective of his sister, to a degree, and if he did help with anything, it was probably something he thought was harmless and he did it in an effort to spare his family potential embarrassment (too late for that). I certainly don't think he was involved in her murder/body disposal. And, I don't for a second believe that LA would be Caylee's father. Why would he be? KC may have looked up to her older brother, maybe even idolized him a little bit. But that doesn't mean that she would want to sleep with him. Yuck! And, she seemed to have a whole slew of guys willing to sleep with her, so why would she want to sleep with her brother. That's just gross. Both LA and KC are attractive people. I'm sure neither of them had any problem finding people to sleep with, so why on earth would they sleep with each other? It just doesn't make sense to me. I think LP's insinuations are all based on drama-seeking and the need to reveal "shocking details". He would love it if it were true, as it would truly make this even more of a soap opera than it already is, but I still don't buy it. Totally tabloid, IMO.
I agree! And personally, I can't even engage the incest rumors unless and until LE gives public confirmation.

And, I totally agree that LA is the "fixer" in the family. He and GA seem like the only sane ones in that group. I think GA has been so henpecked over the years, that he's just along for the ride now. And, so LA has to be the mediator in the CA/KC confrontations. It is quite obvious that KC doesn't confide in her mother. Her father had more or less checked out of trying to deal with her. And, so that left big brother. He's probably the only one in that whole family who could get through to her. And, so C & G probably relied on him to do alot of their bidding with her over the years, and especially in this case.
I agree and this is why I feel pretty sympathetic for the position in which I feel he's been placed. He's in a no-win situation and the subject of intense scrutiny-- I think the pay-pal stuff could have made him feel like throwing up his hands and just hiding out-- then came the GJ and indictment and...well, I can't blame him for laying low.

The thing that I don't understand about Lee not wanting to provide DNA is that, if he had consulted with any lawyer, he would have been told that under the circumstances, he could be subpeonead to provide a sample...Which is, in fact, what happened. So what was the point? The only thing it did was put him in a "bad light" with respect to the investigation.

MOO

I wonder if he sought representation after getting the subpoena? I think the Anthony's seem to grossly underestimate the power of LE until it's too late.

JMO

This is how I'm seeing it for now-- I hope this is the case :)

I have a hunch he has faced the facts and is disassociating himself from this entire mess. What is your thought after his absence for more than a month?

Hopefully he left voluntarily and is not being shunned. In these family
systems not following the party line has severe consequences .

I have a hunch he has faced the facts and is disassociating himself from this entire mess. What is your thought after his absence for more than a month?

I don't know, but some posters on the SM site called his phone yesterday, and his message still talks about his niece being missing. He also gives his e-mail address if you want to donate, and he discusses some other things.

I'm suspecting that he has not given up on the family but is out looking "undercover", possibily in Puerto Rico.

I don't know, but some posters on the SM site called his phone yesterday, and his message still talks about his niece being missing. He also gives his e-mail address if you want to donate, and he discusses some other things.

IMO - he could remain very active in the Caylee cause but remove himself, publicly at least, from the rest of the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo