Where Precisely Do You Think Caylee Died?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What is the location of Caylee's Death.

• Car

Votes: 577 54.3%
  • Pool

Votes: 100 9.4%
  • Caylee's Room

Votes: 102 9.6%
  • Casey's room

Votes: 231 21.7%
  • Computer Room

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Other Room

Votes: 51 4.8%

• Total voters
For a long time I believed it accidental death through overdose of chloroform used make her sleep and duct tape in case she woke up. But I am bothered alot about how the duct tape being stuck into her hair. If you were only trying to 'quiet' a child using tape then why put so much and such large pieces as to get into the hair? A piece only over the mouth would be enough. As much as I want to believe it was accidental (albeit horrible & w/o excuse), I can't get that duct tape in her hair out of my mind. As to where she died, Car is probably #1.

There are 2 distinct possibilities as to where the crime scene is.....depending whom you chose to believe.....Lee reported early on, that Casey and Cindy had huge fight Father's Day evening June 15th and as a result of that fight Casey took Caylee and fled the residence and this is the last time Family saw Caylee alive. Then you have George's account of how he saw Casey and Caylee off as they left on June 16th, with Kisses and Backpacks! I'm not calling George a liar ( I think he was trying to protect Cindy from any responsibility of what the fight she participated in aided Casey to do as Cindy has always accepted responsibility for what Casey did ) I'm just more personally inclined to believe Lee's account of events as he got his details from a VERY upset Cindy and then quickly changed his story once they realized who the killer was. Georges story puts her being killed at their home later on the 16th after he had already left the house for the evening to go to work......Lee's version ( after his Mother told him about the fight and how Casey took Caylee and left ) is where I'm more inclined to go. This puts her killing Caylee via her car.

I do not believe Casey left with Caylee the night of the 15th after the so called fight. Her cell phone pings place her at the A's house from 7:10pm on the 15th through 4:15pm on the 16th.
If the story was that the fight happened, CA choked ICA and ICA left in a huff with Caylee.....but the cell phone pings prove she didn't leave then can't we surmise that the fight didn't happen?

ETA: her cell phone pings could also put her at LA's, I know he went out of town in early June, but how long was he gone? Also, the call to her own cell phone could have been her calling her own phone from the house to find it.

Thanks for reminding me with your post Pip, about the cell able to ping the same tower at LA's!

I think that Casey put the duct tape on Caylee while in Casey's room. The duct tape never left the house. George used the same duct tape at least a month later when putting up missing photos. If Casey had used the duct tape while in her car it would have still been in her car or maybe even where Caylee was found.

MOO

Thats the thing, Whatever happened, happened in the home because the duct tape was left at the home,.

I'm not sure exactly where, but would guess the home. I think the flurry of calls was KC trying to find a babysitter so she could go to Tony's. She made repeated calls to her mom, dad, Amy & Jesse.

When she could not find anyone she chloroformed her, duct taped her nose and mouth, with her hair involved which means the duct tape was not meant to come off. I also think she duct taped her wrists BEHIND her back and waited for Caylee to expire. I THINK SHE WAS ENRAGED THAT SHE COULD NOT FIND A SITTER AND COULD NOT GET HER WAY. She then did what with her??? Placed her in the backyard under the sandbox cover or placed her in the trunk.

Either way makes sense. If she placed her under the sandbox cover, she came back to try and bury her in the yard and decided it was too hard. If she placed her in the trunk initially she came back to the house took her out laid her in the yard and was going to bury her. Found it was too difficult and placed her back in the trunk and disposed of her at a later date. I'm thinking the 19th. The day before the Hot Body contest at Fusion. I believe that was the date.

Anyway after Caylee expired...she hopped on over to Blockbuster with Tony.

I think she drugged her on the morning/afternoon of the 16th. Then came home after GA left for work, carrying her in as if she were "sleeping". The flurry of calls was to make sure no one was home and not on their WAY home so she had time to do what she wanted to do next: duct tape her mouth/nose, put her in the bags, get the laundry bag, cover it with the winnie the pooh blanket, etc. She carried her out all wrapped up in the laundry bag, no one would question that even if she was met in the garage or driveway...tossed her in the trunk for a few days, then tossed her out in the woods when the smell got too bad:( To her it was easy. Put her to sleep, duct tape her so she would never wake up and there was never a struggle or a scream. Poor baby. Just my opinion of course.

I don't know that answer-- but, even if she did drive her car, Caylee would not have been emitting an odor TonE could detect. jmo

Agreed. I was just wondering if she would have been brazen enough to take her car to Blockbuster with Caylee's body in the trunk.

My guess is no. They probably took TL's jeep, and she left her car in the parking lot of the apartments.

Just a guess, though.

For a long time I believed it accidental death through overdose of chloroform used make her sleep and duct tape in case she woke up. But I am bothered alot about how the duct tape being stuck into her hair. If you were only trying to 'quiet' a child using tape then why put so much and such large pieces as to get into the hair? A piece only over the mouth would be enough. As much as I want to believe it was accidental (albeit horrible & w/o excuse), I can't get that duct tape in her hair out of my mind. As to where she died, Car is probably #1.

Mouths are wet. Especially the mouths of crying children. Perhaps the extra duct tape was added insurance.

Agreed. I was just wondering if she would have been brazen enough to take her car to Blockbuster with Caylee's body in the trunk.

My guess is no. They probably took TL's jeep, and she left her car in the parking lot of the apartments.

Just a guess, though.

Not sure who's car they took that evening, but I believe one of the experts testified that appeared that ICA did drive around with Caylee in the trunk with some of her friends....yikes!!!!

I used to believe Caylee really did accidently drown in the pool, but Casey was at home with her alone...no George. But now I am convinced Caylee died in ICA's car. I am not sure when it happened, but it was in the car.

The duct tape really has never made sense to me. I just don't believe the duct tape was the murder weapon. I truly believe now that the duct tape was put on in the garage when Casey backed in. I think she was going to bury Caylee in the backyard...under the playhouse IMHO, but she realized that wasn't going to work, so back to the trunk. There was already a smell and fluids though, so ICA duct tapes her mouth and nose and then triple bags her. Casey never thought all that far ahead, the duct tape and garbage bags were simply just to avoid the immediate problem of making more of mess in her car. :maddening:

I think that Casey put the duct tape on Caylee while in Casey's room. The duct tape never left the house. George used the same duct tape at least a month later when putting up missing photos. If Casey had used the duct tape while in her car it would have still been in her car or maybe even where Caylee was found.

MOO

True, but there was a knife in the back seat of the car. Used to cut the duct tape? Maybe Caylee was still strapped in her car seat, got a whiff of chloroform and then for good measure, duct taped, then tossed in the trunk. This seems plausible to me.

I used to believe Caylee really did accidently drown in the pool, but Casey was at home with her alone...no George. But now I am convinced Caylee died in ICA's car. I am not sure when it happened, but it was in the car.

The duct tape really has never made sense to me. I just don't believe the duct tape was the murder weapon. I truly believe now that the duct tape was put on in the garage when Casey backed in. I think she was going to bury Caylee in the backyard...under the playhouse IMHO, but she realized that wasn't going to work, so back to the trunk. There was already a smell and fluids though, so ICA duct tapes her mouth and nose and then triple bags her. Casey never thought all that far ahead, the duct tape and garbage bags were simply just to avoid the immediate problem of making more of mess in her car. :maddening:

Yeah, I think she was initially going to bury her under the playhouse, under the pavers, but realized that that wasn't going to work for whatever reason.

Not sure who's car they took that evening, but I believe one of the experts testified that appeared that ICA did drive around with Caylee in the trunk with some of her friends....yikes!!!!

I believe that they guestimated that Caylee was in the trunk a good 2.6 days. That's from discovery, IIRC.

You make some good arguments, and I also keep coming back to the night of the 15th as an important starting point. I also think she may have died in the car that night, but it may have been a rage killing, imo.

The prosecution cannot talk about the fight because there were only 3 people that we know of who were there at the time, as far as we know. [ Although I have wondered if Lee was there as it was Fathers day.]

There are rumors about the fight, and Lee told Jesse Grund reportedly and Cindy told Mark Fuhrman.

But the Anthony's did not want Casey to look guilty because they thought she was innocent at first. So they denied the story under oath when asked by LE and in depositions. So they cannot change their stories now. And that means that the state could not ask them anything bout it.

If I can add, for what it's worth, the latest issue of The National Enquirer has a story which centers on the June 15th fight between the two. According to the story, Lee was there at the home and he was the one who broke up the physical fight between the two; as Cindy was choking Casey.

If the State needs to provide a truer picture and thinks a motive would advance the case, they need to bring in the physical fight between the two. Casey's jealousy is a major factor IMO>

KC borrowed the shovel on the 18th of June according the the man she borrowed it from. I think on that date Caylee had already been dead a couple days, and was laid on the ground near the playhouse where the dogs hit. She laid there not bagged, IMO, because decomp fluids transferred to the ground. She may have been covered with the standbox lid.

For KC to have put Caylee in the pool to drown, or to hold her head under to drown her, doesn't seem as likely to me because I think it is too risky--neighbors might see or hear something.

If Caylee died in the home, she was put immediately in the car trunk, IMO. Unbagged, as evidenced by the stain on the carpet. But I still tend to think the child died in the car, either in the trunk or was placed immediately in the trunk. That she was in a fetal position seems to indicate the trunk--she might have curled herself into that position as she died. (These words do not flow easily from my keyboard)

Caylee was dead in that trunk at least a day and more likely two days, unbagged, IMO. Otherwise there would not be the staining, or the stain would not be as prounounced as it appears to be.

I think KC returned to the home with Caylee on the 18th, borrowed the shovel, then when that didn't work out she THEN bagged Caylee and put her in the trunk. She could have put the heart sticker on then but I think the duct tape was in place long before that, and was the cause of death. I think Caylee was disposed of not long after being bagged but that the bulk of the time she lay in the trunk she was unbagged.

That was painful to type. :(

I do not see accident at all. Often murders are staged to looks like accidents but I really cannot recall even one case where an accident was made to look like a murder. I might be a little more open to that idea if anyone can point me to even one such case.

Clearly outlined post krkrjx. And one I am sure was difficult to write. As gruesome as it sounds, I think your post here is pretty close to what occured. Thanks for putting into words.

I think she drugged her on the morning/afternoon of the 16th. Then came home after GA left for work, carrying her in as if she were "sleeping". The flurry of calls was to make sure no one was home and not on their WAY home so she had time to do what she wanted to do next: duct tape her mouth/nose, put her in the bags, get the laundry bag, cover it with the winnie the pooh blanket, etc. She carried her out all wrapped up in the laundry bag, no one would question that even if she was met in the garage or driveway...tossed her in the trunk for a few days, then tossed her out in the woods when the smell got too bad:( To her it was easy. Put her to sleep, duct tape her so she would never wake up and there was never a struggle or a scream. Poor baby. Just my opinion of course.

That seems very plausible, although she left the house/area at 4:18 that day, right after the flurry of calls from 4:10-4:14. After that she tried to call CA at 4:25, no answer and then she has no cell activity for over 2 hours.

I do think that she drugged/chloroformed her before the duct tape so she wouldn't struggle. At least that's what I want to believe. I want to believe she had minimal if any fear, because if she was in fear that is the most heinous thing to me. I hope she fell asleep and didn't know what happened. I know that might not be the case since she was taped somewhere else other than her face and there would be no reason to do that other than to restrain her. And there would be no reason to restrain her if she wasn't awake :(

I'm new and I have only recently started following the case. Here's my two cents worth -

1) KC and CA have a brutal fight early in the evening of June 15th.

2) KC leaves with Caylee, doll, backpack with minimal items, maybe even no shoes because she leaves quickly and in a rush.

3) KC drives around trying to find a place to stay, but Lee's not home and all the texting with Tony makes me think that he again reiterated that Caylee was not welcome overnight.

4) She sneaks back home, leaving Caylee probably sleeping on her own in the car; gathers her murder equipment - duct tape, chloroform and blanket.

5) Goes back to car - duct tapes and chloroforms Caylee, and puts her in the trunk with the chloroform on the blanket. She does this because many chloroformed persons wake up before dying. She wants to make sure she goes quickly. She does not bag Caylee - the carpet begins staining.

6) Goes back to her room and gets herself together. Neither cell or computer activity for a few hours, because she needs the time to kill Caylee and calm down.

7) Distracts herself by playing with the computer. Doesn't answer her cell when her parents call. No awkward questions.

8) Waits until mother leaves, before coming out and telling George she will pick up Caylee at the babysitter. GA does not see Caylee.

9) Waits until he leaves and returns home; flurry of phone calls probably to say she's going to Tony's and Caylee is with the babysitter. To calm down GA/CA. She might have been a little freaked by GA's call earlier and wanted to soothe everything over.

10) Goes to Tony's with poor Caylee in the car; spends the night. She is feeling much better because she released an enormous amount of tension in killing Caylee. She has been fantasizing about it for a while; the fight was the trigger.

11) A day or so later, comes back to dispose of the body - does the double bagging, laundry bag, borrows shovel, considers burying. Cleans the trunk because of the smell.

12) She leaves, because she fears burying her in the lawn - too obvious and difficult and she loses control of the body. Now, she's got a dead body on her hands and is nervous.

13) She comes back again later - probably to disinfect the trunk again, but GA is home. So she decides she needs to dispose of the body NOW. Thus, the quick drop off on Suburban Drive.

14) But the stain on the carpet is not going away despite all efforts to clean/deodorize - so she dumps the car, hoping against hope it will be stolen. But, it's just towed.

And the rest ... the grandparents alarmed at their granddaughter's disapperance and then protective of their daughter.

:maddening:

I do not believe Casey left with Caylee the night of the 15th after the so called fight. Her cell phone pings place her at the A's house from 7:10pm on the 15th through 4:15pm on the 16th.
If the story was that the fight happened, CA choked ICA and ICA left in a huff with Caylee.....but the cell phone pings prove she didn't leave then can't we surmise that the fight didn't happen?

ETA: her cell phone pings could also put her at LA's, I know he went out of town in early June, but how long was he gone? Also, the call to her own cell phone could have been her calling her own phone from the house to find it.

Thanks for reminding me with your post Pip, about the cell able to ping the same tower at LA's!

I don't believe the fight on the 15th ever happened either. I'm sure Lee did tell Jesse about a fight, but I think the fight happened on an earlier date than the 15th. As for Mark F. - I really don't trust anything he says. Casey started IM'ing one of her friends on the Anthony home computer somewhere around 7:50 AM the morning of the 16th, so I don't think she ever left the house the night before.

KC borrowed the shovel on the 18th of June according the the man she borrowed it from. I think on that date Caylee had already been dead a couple days, and was laid on the ground near the playhouse where the dogs hit. She laid there not bagged, IMO, because decomp fluids transferred to the ground. She may have been covered with the standbox lid.

For KC to have put Caylee in the pool to drown, or to hold her head under to drown her, doesn't seem as likely to me because I think it is too risky--neighbors might see or hear something.

If Caylee died in the home, she was put immediately in the car trunk, IMO. Unbagged, as evidenced by the stain on the carpet. But I still tend to think the child died in the car, either in the trunk or was placed immediately in the trunk. That she was in a fetal position seems to indicate the trunk--she might have curled herself into that position as she died. (These words do not flow easily from my keyboard)

Caylee was dead in that trunk at least a day and more likely two days, unbagged, IMO. Otherwise there would not be the staining, or the stain would not be as prounounced as it appears to be.

I think KC returned to the home with Caylee on the 18th, borrowed the shovel, then when that didn't work out she THEN bagged Caylee and put her in the trunk. She could have put the heart sticker on then but I think the duct tape was in place long before that, and was the cause of death. I think Caylee was disposed of not long after being bagged but that the bulk of the time she lay in the trunk she was unbagged.

That was painful to type. :(

I do not see accident at all. Often murders are staged to looks like accidents but I really cannot recall even one case where an accident was made to look like a murder. I might be a little more open to that idea if anyone can point me to even one such case.
You have made many valid points and it was painful to read. What kind of monster holds the body of her decomposing child? Does anyone know if KC had clothing that was disposed of? The thought of it is horrible.

I think she died in the A home on Monday June 16th 2008, around the time of the flurry of telephone calls. Whether it was an accident, an act of rage, a purposeful od, I do not think I will ever know. I do believe that KC freaked out upon realizing her child was dead, maybe the flurry of phone calls were to ask for help, when no one answered I believe she went into cover up mode, wrapped her in the pooh blanket hid her in the the trunk and felt she would deal with it later as she had a hot date with Tony. How very sick to say this, I think the duct tape came into play after she watched one of the movies with Tony that night. (It depicted a person in a trunk of a car with duct tape wrapped around the face). So sad though that she did not have a care about her dead child the next am the 17th, as they both "slept in". I think she got the duct tape idea from watching that movie, and of course added her special heart sticker touch. i never have believed she tried to bury the body in the backyard, IMO, the decomp the dogs hit on came from the residual amounts of decomp fluid absorbed by the gas cans stored in her trunk that GA placed in the yard after retrieving them from her trunk. The shovel, IMO was used to manipulate the remains into the trash bags and laundry bag on the 18th of June. Subsequent trips backing the car into the garage, IMO were to try and clean the stench. The chloroform is still a mystery to me, as I can not understand how the readings could be so high almost a month later, I tended to believe that some effort by the senior A's to clean the trunk created it. I wish there was an explanation, I do know that acetone (nail polish remover) combined with some type of chlorine tablet could create such an effect. I just do not think it would read that high a month or so later, although I am not a chemist. MOO

I think she died in the A home on Monday June 16th 2008, around the time of the flurry of telephone calls. Whether it was an accident, an act of rage, a purposeful od, I do not think I will ever know. I do believe that KC freaked out upon realizing her child was dead, maybe the flurry of phone calls were to ask for help, when no one answered I believe she went into cover up mode, wrapped her in the pooh blanket hid her in the the trunk and felt she would deal with it later as she had a hot date with Tony. How very sick to say this, I think the duct tape came into play after she watched one of the movies with Tony that night. (It depicted a person in a trunk of a car with duct tape wrapped around the face). So sad though that she did not have a care about her dead child the next am the 17th, as they both "slept in". I think she got the duct tape idea from watching that movie, and of course added her special heart sticker touch. i never have believed she tried to bury the body in the backyard, IMO, the decomp the dogs hit on came from the residual amounts of decomp fluid absorbed by the gas cans stored in her trunk that GA placed in the yard after retrieving them from her trunk. The shovel, IMO was used to manipulate the remains into the trash bags and laundry bag on the 18th of June. Subsequent trips backing the car into the garage, IMO were to try and clean the stench. The chloroform is still a mystery to me, as I can not understand how the readings could be so high almost a month later, I tended to believe that some effort by the senior A's to clean the trunk created it. I wish there was an explanation, I do know that acetone (nail polish remover) combined with some type of chlorine tablet could create such an effect. I just do not think it would read that high a month or so later, although I am not a chemist. MOO

I've always gone back & forth about the flurry of calls. I can see it as panic, "omg! something happened to Caylee! what do I do?" -- or, as a bratty young party girl trying to get a babysitter for the night and getting increasingly frustrated as her mother doesn't answer, calling her father to ask him to "get mom to call" only he doesn't answer - frustration builds and she takes the babysitting matter into her own hands.

CA said something on the stand about ICA knowing she works later on Mondays, that ICA wouldn't have expected her to be home early that day. I don't know how that fits in to the picture.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colinnew
Back