Who believes that Cindy should be prosecuted for perjury? Or is it just me...?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:loser. Weren't ga and ca testifing under a limited immunity deal? Wouldn't that be harder to lie under?? Easier tp prosecute??? It's not like they weren't warned.

:loser. Weren't ga and ca testifing under a limited immunity deal? Wouldn't that be harder to lie under?? Easier tp prosecute??? It's not like they weren't warned.
only Lee I think.

I don't think they'll waste more money trying to prosecute her for perjury.

If she is on a disability with the company, they now have grounds to fire her. People that commit perjury should not be dealing with sensitive medical information and patients, administering medication, or be relied upon for factual information - a requirement in medical record keeping for health and legal reasons.

in a email she said they are lucky I didn't give them the dogs toothbrush instead of Caylee's
Kathi text messaged Cindy right away and forwarded the emails to the FBI, which is already investigating an allegation that Cindy gave investigators the wrong hairbrush when they were trying to get a DNA sample for Caylee
http://www.wftv.com/news/18181289/detail.html
The email went to ehr spokesman who promptly quit working for her
LP and his associates also reportedly heard her say this -fwiw

no. they did not want her found IMO
thats why she was giving the FBI the wrong items
why was shj so worried about covering up DNA
when her grandchild was missing?

WOW! The nerve of them. That is even more of a reason she should be charged! Not only do they not thank him, their daughters attorney throws him under the bus and has the nerve to call him morally bankrupt!

If she is on a disability with the company, they now have grounds to fire her. People that commit perjury should not be dealing with sensitive medical information and patients, administering medication, or be relied upon for factual information - a requirement in medical record keeping for health and legal reasons.

You have a point.

Lippman is already making the talking show rounds. Tonight on NG he said that Cindy is still adamant that she did the searches and now says it might have just been on a different computer.

Now I say to that...wait a minute. Didn't she already say that they only had that one computer and her laptop that Casey used all the time? Oh, the webs we weave.

IMO the best thing Lippman could do for his clients is get busy on some of his other cases and let this die down in the media.

ETA - Another interesting thing Lippman said (something like this) "hypothetically if I could get her to recant, I would but she maintains she did those searches". From what I've read about perjury, if you lie under oath and later change your testimony or recant your testimony you are protected from perjury. Now..tell me that Lippman doesn't know she committed perjury?

IMO
'
It doesn't even make any sense to claim a different computer was used. I mean, she might have done internet searches for chlorophyll at work, at an internet cafe or at a friend's house but we still need someone to look up "how to make chlorophorm" and chloroform ingredients on the home computer so there are just more questions and no answers. What a coincidence if mom and daughter were looking up chloroform at the same time? Why?

When you add lies on top of lies it doesn't stop sounding like lies.

OT but what did Lee need immunity from?

OT but what did Lee need immunity from?

I think the rumors were related to complicity, but I don't know the details. Did it have anything to do with the taped meeting between Lee and the guy that Casey was dating; TonE?

Excellent article about Cindy and perjury. Article is from seamusorily.blogspot.com. Statement analysis.

"It is clear that Cindy lied, and that she did so because she wanted to take premeditation out of the case. Cindy's lie was designed to have a significant consequence; that is, to force the jury to consider only lesser charges against Casey, since it could not longer be argued that Casey planned months in advance to put little Caylee to sleep with chloroform"

"If the State Attorney's Office chooses not to prosecute Cindy Anthony for perjury, the message is clear: it is alright to lie under oath as long as you have a good reason. If that is the case, who should determine if one's reason is good enough to excuse perjury? Is it acceptable to lie for a child, for a spouse or loved one? Is it acceptable for a paid expert to lie, if telling the truth would mean the end of their career and reputation? Is it acceptable for an attorney to lie, if they think their lie could help their client? Who is to say that one reason is more or less acceptable than the other? "

Just part of the article. The comments are interesting also.

http://***************************/2011/07/cindy-perjury-and-state-of-justice.html

Excellent article about Cindy and perjury. Article is from seamusorily.blogspot.com. Statement analysis.

"It is clear that Cindy lied, and that she did so because she wanted to take premeditation out of the case. Cindy's lie was designed to have a significant consequence; that is, to force the jury to consider only lesser charges against Casey, since it could not longer be argued that Casey planned months in advance to put little Caylee to sleep with chloroform"

"If the State Attorney's Office chooses not to prosecute Cindy Anthony for perjury, the message is clear: it is alright to lie under oath as long as you have a good reason. If that is the case, who should determine if one's reason is good enough to excuse perjury? Is it acceptable to lie for a child, for a spouse or loved one? Is it acceptable for a paid expert to lie, if telling the truth would mean the end of their career and reputation? Is it acceptable for an attorney to lie, if they think their lie could help their client? Who is to say that one reason is more or less acceptable than the other? "

Just part of the article. The comments are interesting also.

http://***************************/2011/07/cindy-perjury-and-state-of-justice.html

At the very least, perjury should result in a termination of position, career and reputation. Baez should have checked her testimony before putting her on the stand ... particularly in light of the implications of the testimony (premeditated or accidental; death or life).

I just got to thinking

Lee testifying last week that he was fully aware that Cindy called in her " Boys PI's" to go into the woods to find " Caylee". A deceased Caylee. Lee to say that he was upset, felt he was out of the loop, he to leave Camp Ant and retreat go back to work. Really? Maybe Mr. Lee Anthony was afraid they would find Caylee. He under immunity, is this why he said the opposite of his loving mother last week? Did Lee know where Caylee was " in the woods" - Casey telling him in code, jail house vids.

Cindy's " Private Investigators"

Cindy making up the story that they were led by a psychic. The woman who was said to have held a " Teddy" that belonged to Caylee -in her home/office in Virginia- to call and tell Dominic Casey on the phone where to find Caylee, near the pavers, in the woods. As I recall when that all went down, it was all to be said a ruse.

Who was Dominic on the phone with that day? Maybe Rosebud needs to have her phone records pulled from November 08. Rosebud = Cindy.

The phone records were never substantiated, that Dominic was on the phone with Ms. Lucas. Not that I am aware of, after Grace made this public notice. Ms. Lucas conveniently dropped out of sight, and out of the media.

While doing rebuttal's last week they were talking about the throw away pre paid phones. There was a 15 minute recess, then JP asked about calling Mrs Anthony to the stand and then they seemed to drop it all and then court was dismissed. I guess the state must have gotten those phone records too..

Any thoughts???

This is why flipped the script on his mom. He knew that had the phone records that could prove differently and he wouldn't perjure himself.

Such a web of lies and hurts.Cindy can not be held above anyone else that would choose to try to tamper with the verdict in a case.
She was still searching for Zanny for Peat's Sake! They were still selling tshirts with the money being sent to the home after this childs body was found.
She smirked on the stand . Cindy was willing to take a risk...she got caught..she should pay the price just as you or I would be required to do.

If Florida needs help with this I can chip in a few dollars to make sure she faces the consequences of her lies.

The OP summed it up so brilliantly that I have nothing to add except that I agree wholeheartedly. I doubt that she'll actually be prosecuted, though. =/

CA was given a break when she lied to OCSO, given a break with FBI lies, lied in depo, lied with ZGF, threw so many innocent people in this mess, KNOWINGLY cleaned car to clean fingerprints and get rid of any trace evidence.Lied to misssing kids orgs. Lied to God, wearing her cross and carrying her Bible to court, and yet people want to give her another break. I don't get it. Lets face it had the family members not lied over and over, this case would have cost tax payers a lot less, wouldn't need experts to talk about her time records, computer searches,...Now if you want to commit perjury and you get caught you know there is a price to pay. The A's are not above the law even if they think they are, and it is time to show them.

The OP summed it up so brilliantly that I have nothing to add except that I agree wholeheartedly. I doubt that she'll actually be prosecuted, though. =/

I don't know, I am kind of getting the feeling she will be charged because the state went above and beyond to prove she was perjuring herself. Cindy lied to take premeditation out of the case. This would make the jury consider only lesser charges against Casey, since it could not longer be argued that Casey planned months in advance to put little Caylee to sleep with chloroform. As shelbar53 stated in a previous post. JP said this case is not a game to JB and I think this is pretty serious. I guess we will soon see.

Absolutely not !!!!
With DP on the table, many a parent would lie IMO. One of the many reason why I am so vehemently opposed to DP, since it punishes innocent parents/close relatives.
It is insane to expect a normal mother to assist the prosecution in obtaining DP. That is why in many countries(even those with no DP), do not require parents to testify against their own children. For some obscure reason, that privilege only exists for spouses in the USA.
Has not she suffered more than enough already?
It would be barbaric/inhumane to charge her with anything. She had nothing to do with Caylee's violent death. Unless you want to blame Cindy for loving Caylee too much and thereby soliciting ICA's wrath. All IMO of course.
And I bet the wonderful JP would agree with me.

I'm on your side. I wouldn't go as far as to say it would be barbaric or inhumane to charge her, though. What happens in Rwanda is barbaric and inhumane. If she got charged, she would deserve it, but I'd like to see her not charged.

I think Cindy and Lee's whole testimony was staged by the defense, even down to her wearing the big mumu dress the first couple of days, and looking older and sicker. IMO, she did it on purpose to create some doubt and so did Lee. The state proved that she was at work most of that month and hadn't looked up chlorophyll much less chloroform, but she got the point across that she is either delusional, forgetful, or a liar. I don't really trust any of them or their testimony until all this is over.

But don't you think that when JB made that ill-advised opening statement, he was hoping that maybe, just maybe, GA and CA would pick up their cues and confirm what JB was saying about the ladder, the accidental drowning, etc.

To their credit, neither GA nor CA did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms
Back