"Who Killed JonBenet Ramsey?"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think that Patsy Ramsey DID write that ransom letter.
All elements used in writing it were HERS. The paper pad, the pen - and the pen was even placed BACK in the cup it came from.

The linguistics in the letter are Patsy, Patsy, Patsy.
Experts have stated that the letter was written by a woman or a "genteel man." Hardly a 10 yr old kid.

Everything about that note points to Patsy. The paper, pen, wording, placement of the note on the stairs (where SHE always comes down and where SHE places things that need to go upstairs... SHE found the letter etc. etc.)

Also - the Ramseys curious attitude about the letter AFTER the crime, AFTER they KNEW the letter was a lie, a fake - cannot be ignored.
Even after JonBenet was buried, when the "ransom" letter was mentioned on the CNN interview - Patsy DEFENDED it! Saying, "well it looked like a kidnapping to me!"
Rather than the obvious reaction of, "We just can't figure out WHY the kidnappers would leave that letter telling us that we would get JonBenet back if we gave them the money and followed our instructions...." They should have felt very cheated and angry that they hadn't even been given a CHANCE to get the so-called ransom money etc. They should have been puzzled and confused as to why they didn't even leave with the kidnap victim - the one ticket to the money they made such a big deal of stating they wanted - but killed her right on the spot and HID her.
Never even bothering to call and collect the money.
Instead, they CONTINUED to act as if that letter was real. But ONLY when someone ELSE brought it up.
Never did the Ramseys themselves bring up that ONE piece of crucial evidence and link to the killer: The "ransom" letter.
Rather, they distanced themselves from it by ignoring it.

Left it lying on the floor the day of the murder.
When Detective Ardnt asked John Ramsey and his friends WHO they thought may have written it and been involved - ALL of them had an idea to share - except John Ramsey.

No, that letter was written by Patsy Ramsey. No shadow of a doubt in my mind.
The only question I have is if her husband was there to assist her in crafting it...... Working together to protect someone. But who?

Originally posted by K777angel
No, that letter was written by Patsy Ramsey. No shadow of a doubt in my mind.
The only question I have is if her husband was there to assist her in crafting it...... Working together to protect someone. But who?
I think your thoughts are right on the money, K7! We don't really have to wonder too much about who they were protecting, do we... They made the answer pretty obvious with their claims that JonBenet and Burke were not together at all (she was asleep) when they got home, and their claim that Burke was not up during the 911 call, and knew nothing.

If Burke was so innocent, and knew absolutely nothing about what happened in the house that night, why would Patsy have been so visually nervous when she brought him in for questioning? If the Ramsey's story was true, Patsy would have felt as stupid bringing Burke in as she would have bringing in the family dog for questioning. It would have been nothing but a foolish waste of time in her mind. In fact, she would have been steaming that the cops were wasting valuable time they could be using to find her daughter's killer.

BlueCrab, In regards to your theory on the Ransom note could it be possible that we are both right. What if their were two notes. One the boys wrote and one that Patsy rewrote to cover-up the crime. In this theory, the parents find the note and know the police will be able to tell who wrote the note so Patsy rewrites the note. The missing pages from the tablet could be the original ransom note. Just a thought.

When John told Smit the ransom note sounded childish, he must have been 'fessing up that Patsy wrote it.

From the NE (4/2001):

Asked what goes through her mind when she recalls the events of JonBenet's death, Patsy gave a bizarre childlike answer.

"It kind of makes my heart go pitty-pat. I mean right now, I'm feeling like, gosh, this happened to my child."

Originally posted by Ivy
When John told Smit the ransom note sounded childish, he must have been 'fessing up that Patsy wrote it.

From the NE (4/2001):

Asked what goes through her mind when she recalls the events of JonBenet's death, Patsy gave a bizarre childlike answer.

"It kind of makes my heart go pitty-pat. I mean right now, I'm feeling like, gosh, this happened to my child."

I agree Ivy, what an odd answer. It almost sounds as if she is talking about JBR winning one of her pageants instead of the death of her daughter.

I have always believed that Patsy and John wrote the note to cover up for Burke. I do not believe that Patsy would hit her daughter over the head with enough force to split her skull in two as you have described. I still wonder if she hit her head on accident perhaps someone dropped her.

eliza,

Your theory of two ransom notes -- one by Burke and a rewrite by Patsy -- seems to be a possible scenario. It would explain the childish tone in the text. But if Patsy rewrote the note, why wouldn't she have shortened it and have made it sound more mature? And it would mean that the government's handwriting experts all had it wrong. Her 4.5 score meant she was on the verge of total elimination as the possible writer.

Just my opinion.

BlueCrab

Originally posted by Shylock
I think your thoughts are right on the money, K7! We don't really have to wonder too much about who they were protecting, do we... They made the answer pretty obvious with their claims that JonBenet and Burke were not together at all (she was asleep) when they got home, and their claim that Burke was not up during the 911 call, and knew nothing.

If Burke was so innocent, and knew absolutely nothing about what happened in the house that night, why would Patsy have been so visually nervous when she brought him in for questioning? If the Ramsey's story was true, Patsy would have felt as stupid bringing Burke in as she would have bringing in the family dog for questioning. It would have been nothing but a foolish waste of time in her mind. In fact, she would have been steaming that the cops were wasting valuable time they could be using to find her daughter's killer.

Shylock - I've always said that it isn't just what the Ramseys DID do that caused suspicion, but just as much what they did NOT do.
Like shake Burke "awake" if they had to and quiz him up one side and down the other to see if he heard ANYTHING odd during the night. It just defies logic that they would simply "look in on him" and leave it at that. How the hell did they KNOW that he wasn't lying dead of some injury in that bed????? They couldn't without checking... but they knew that no one else had been in the house that night except the 4 of them.
Also, they did not run outside and look up and down the street, check the yard, the garage, their neighbors for heaven's sake!
The neighbors could have seen or heard something critical to their daughter's "abduction." But it wasn't on their mind to do this or wasn't a natural instinct or impulse to run and look and ask - because they KNEW where she was all along.
IMO
Their pat answer for that whole night and morning was SLEEP, SLEEP, SLEEP. JonBenet slept. All the way home. Up the stairs.
And even through her mother tugging her clothes off and putting pj bottoms on her. Yeah right. John even had to emphasize this with his statement "I couldn't believe how sound asleep she was." (Oh PLEASE believe us she was sleeping and didn't walk into the house and eat pineapple that night!!)

And John and Patsy and Burke just "slept."
Burke wasn't awake or talking on the 911 call in the background - he was "asleep."
How easy to cover many things up by all agreeing to simply say "We all were asleep."

Patsy must have "slept" in her Christmas party clothes she wore that evening.
She had the same ones on when the officer came to their home that morning at 6:00am.

Yes Shylock - the first time I read how Patsy sobbed when Burke was being questioned - it raised a big red flag. It seemed terribly out of place if they were all innocent, but perfectly IN PLACE if her son had been involved and she was terrified he would slip up and say something incriminating.
John and Patsy decided to stick to the "sleeping" alibi as well as keeping Burke far, far away from them that day.
Away from prying questions of the police at their home. (No officer "accompanied" Fleet White as he took Burke to their home. The officer went over there later to ask Burke if he heard or saw anything that might lead them to who took his sister. That is NOT an interrogation but a simple little interview. Perfectly understandable and desired by all means - if you have nothing to hide.
There was no fear for Burke's safety that day.
They didn't even go straight to get him when they "discovered" jonBenet dead! They went to a friends for hours!
So much for John's lame claim of "fearing for their safety" and calling for a plane 30 minutes after he finds his daughter murdered!
So many things just simply do not add up. To their story.

Originally posted by ajt400
In regard to the head wound, I have heard that you can tell if the wound was caused by something striking the head or the head striking something.Does anyone know which is the case here?
I doubt there is any way to tell for sure in this case. Remember, they didn't even know there was a head wound until they peeled back her scalp and discovered it quite by accident.

ajt400,

Regarding your interesting question about scientifically determining whether JonBenet was hit by a moving object or whether her head struck a stationary object -- just for the fun of it I'll take a swing at it (only O.J. can take a stab at it).

The following information is not a scientific analysis because I'm not qualified to make one, but there are experts who can fairly well determine from velocity and mass data and appearance of physical deformation regarding "what struck what?"

But in my personal unprofessional opinion, judging from the head injury, JonBenet was hit by a baseball bat. Baseball bats have velocity of from about 50 MPH to over 100 MPH, depending on who's doing the swinging.

It appears to me that only a baseball bat would have had the velocity to split JonBenet's skull in two. The velocity of her falling or being pushed and striking a stationary object to cause that much damage would have to be low, perhaps a velocity of around 10 or 15 MPH, and therefore remote as the cause of the injury.

Just my unprofessional opinion.

BlueCrab

Some time ago, I posted a link to a website that gave info on how much force it would take to crack a human skull. (I don't know if I still have the link.) According to the info I read there, even adult males, whose skulls are heavier and denser than those of children and most women, can fracture their skulls by merely walking into objects such as walls.

I think the Maglite was probably the object that fractured JonBenet's skull. The Maglite's rubber rim could have been what kept her scalp from being damaged.

:( :)
BrotherMoon said:
ajt400, I didn't say the strangulation was accidental, I said it was deliberate.

The strangulation caused death. The blow to the head had meaning in that it sent the angel on it's way as per The Psalms
118-16 The Lord's right hand is lifted high, The Lord's right hand has done mighty things.

Acronyms are commonly used in the Christian subculture and S.B.T.C. is commonly known as saved by the cross. Acronyms are an important part of the Christian myth as JHVH, INRI, ICTHYS and many others.

My theory is speculation based on connections made betwen well known facts of the case. Most notably literature that Patsy concerned herself with and elements of the case that match the literature.

The body was posed post mortem. I include the final position of the garrote as part of the posing. The head blow was delivered before that and did not have anything to do with killing as that was already done by the strangualtion (manual, garroting or otherwise).

The lack of skin lascration precludes an accident as an accident would likely be with a hard object. The head was covered or the object that hit her was padded.

Nehemiah and ajt400 see www.Seraph.net.
In 1997 our company was contacted by the Boulder Police Department to assist them in the investigation of the murder of JonBenet Ramsey. We were asked to submit an analysis of the ransom note and in 1998 we were asked to write a psychological profile on Patsy Ramsey. Here are those reports.

PROFILE REPORT
Analysis of $118,000 ransom demand in Ramsey case
To: Det. Ron Gosage
Reference: Psalm 118:27b, Biblical reference Old Testament

"The Lord is our God, Who has shown and given us light. Decorate the festival with leafy boughs and bind the sacrifices to be offered with thick cords to the horns of the altar."

Based on my experience, this second section of verse 27 has been used by several white supremacy groups such as the Christian Identity movement and the Aryan Nation to justify their killing of blacks, Jews and other minorities. In their non-orthodox view, the verse is speaking of offering a person as a sacrifice to God and God is accepting their sacrifice on his altar as atonement. No conservative or liberal Christian theologians interpret the verse in this way.

We have consulted with several theologians about the verse and all have agreed that the verse is a metaphor concerning praise and redemption.

As a historical note, the Hebrews where required to offer a blood sacrifice to God to atone for their sins as a

I don't think it's complete nonsense. There's usually some insight, even in things that are largely nonsense. It pays to look at all analyses. I find Yeager's work strange and not well informed about psychology, but he gets hired as an expert, so there must be something there.

Maxi said:
I don't think it's complete nonsense.
It is complete, unadulterated nonsense and was concocted solely as an interrogation tool designed to be exhibited to Patsy Ramsey.

I doubt that, Toth. Patsy would be laughing too hard to answer any questions. :laugh:

Brothermoon, you think the strangulation was the cause of death? I did not think that even most ME's could determine the cause of death pertaining to this case, even now. (Or with complete certainity, at least) So, you believe this was not an accident?

The major difference I have with Seraph is their idea that the head blow was done out of frustration. I think that was calculated. The strangulation and violation were done as punishment for sins. Once the dark side had been addressed the light side was attended to by sending the angel to God by means of the head blow. You have to remember that what appears to have been done to a person was actually taking place inside Patsy Ramsey's mind at the time. To Patsy JonBenet was an object, an integral factor in a psychotic fantasy. What Patsy did to JonBenet was reflecting what was going on in Patsy's mind. This is typical of progressive psychosis. It does not make sense to us to blow up the Federal building in OK city but to Tim Mcveigh it made perfect sense because the building and the destructive act were elements in his delusion, which he tried to control. Same thing with Patsy Ramsey.

Maxi, I'd like to hear your thoughts on Yeager's misunderstanding of psychology. Thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02
Back