Whoa! a new 48 Hours (April 16) Check out the trailer!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan to thank 48 Hours for ensuring that the defense cannot cry about media bias and anti-defense press. The only part that saddens me is the lack of Caylee in their news stories/trailers. It's all Casey, Baez, et al. I often want to yell "why doesn't anyone remember Caylee, why isn't she the important part" but then I remember that Caylee will matter to the State as they seek justice for her and unlike 48 Hours, the State will make sure Caylee comes first. and I go back to yelling at my Yankees!

Well hopefully that is what Linda D-B and Ashton will ask the jury - to stand up for Caylee.

Well hopefully that is what Linda D-B and Ashton will ask the jury - to stand up for Caylee.

A little off topic, Awhile back I watched a very cool series on Hulu, called "Crime and Punishment". It's a reality show that follows Prosecutors/cases. In more than one case we saw that prosecutors keep photos of the victim(s) displayed in their office, almost as if they are "famiy". I can definitely envision Ashton & Drane-Burdick doing the same.....and you KNOW Cheney, Baez and 48 hours have no picture of Caylee pinned to their office walls!

A little off topic, Awhile back I watched a very cool series on Hulu, called "Crime and Punishment". It's a reality show that follows Prosecutors/cases. In more than one case we saw that prosecutors keep photos of the victim(s) displayed in their office, almost as if they are "famiy". I can definitely envision Ashton & Drane-Burdick doing the same.....and you KNOW Cheney, Baez and 48 hours have no picture of Caylee pinned to their office walls!

Exactly Affinity. I haven't seen a better prosecution team. I really have not. And you cannot beat Yuri and John Allen. I remember watching Baez on Geraldo saying the detectives have decided not to look any further. Fast forward to the hearings in March and Baez is doing the Miranda thing saying "you had to have been suspicious now".

He also tells Dr. Vass that he had to know that this is a high profile case and it is a boost to his career. When he asked Judge Perry (in his summation) what the squirrel was all about. I did a double take and had to replay. Is anyone going over this chit with him. His client said the smell came from a squirrel - that is why Vass did the squirrel thing.

I really, really do not think there is a question about her guilt.

She is going to be convicted and HLN and 48 Hours can put forth all the bs they want, and she is GOING TO BE CONVICTED.

I dont know that I will watch 48 on Saturday; depends on how much bs I can stand.

:seeya:

The shows are going to air no matter what anyone does to voice their displeasure about it. The more attention it draws ... the better (whether negative or positive attention). More viewers and more people posting on their blogs.

It is interesting to me that George finds time to participate in the InSession and 48Hours shows - sitting right beside CA's side and broadcasting the misinformation along with the Defense attorneys and Defense Experts, and "former" Defense team members, but does not make it to the Hearings, and did not appear with his own attorney to debunk the possible Defense theory that he had anything to do with Caylee's murder. He is present and accounted for when it's time to get media face time and possible financial reward for his appearance, and to help support his daughter (and not being a voice for Caylee). He is transparent and disgusting IMO.

The shows are going to air no matter what anyone does to voice their displeasure about it. The more attention it draws ... the better (whether negative or positive attention). More viewers and more people posting on their blogs.

It is interesting to me that George finds time to participate in the InSession and 48Hours shows - sitting right beside CA's side and broadcasting the misinformation along with the Defense attorneys and Defense Experts, and "former" Defense team members, but does not make it to the Hearings, and did not appear with his own attorney to debunk the possible Defense theory that he had anything to do with Caylee's murder. He is present and accounted for when it's time to get media face time and possible financial reward for his appearance, and to help support his daughter (and not being a voice for Caylee). He is transparent and disgusting IMO.

BBM
GA is present when CA requires it of him, anytime they need to present a united front or look like a family with no issues. GA goes by CA's lead. If CA says jump.....

I don't know if targeting advertisers and protesting the airing based on a promo is really such a good idea. All it's going to do is make it seem like any potential jury pool is rectilinearly biased and that we're afraid of the "truth" getting out. Let the defense hang themselves with their own words. Does anyone here really think that any amount of editing can make this make sense? That JB is all of a sudden going to be dynamic, eloquent, and likeable? Doubtful. Plus, I've watched 48 Hours for years and they generally do a good job. Sometimes they let the accused or the DT convince you that there's a major miscarriage of justice, only to lay the hammer at the end. Pan out to show the poor, grieving wife in a jail jumpsuit and leg irons. "Surprise! Stone cold guilty!"

Nothing before the trial is going to be all "Can you believe this chick even has anyone representing her? She should have been injected when they picked her up on Hopespring!"

Not worried. In fact, I think this is somewhat awesome because HHJP can be all "Dude, did you see that softsell she got the other night? Media bias my big judicial derriere!"

I love the way the page says "Only Casey Knows." Excuse me? I thought the last place she "seen" that little girl was when she dropped her off on the stairs? I thought she said "I don't know where she's at are you effin kidding me?". Now she knows? Which is it D-Team?

I don't post much, but I try and keep up as much as I can. Forgive me if this has already been said but often these type of shows advertise one slant to obtain viewing. It would not surprise me ONE BIT if the show ended up showing just the opposite of what the trailer leads people to believe. It will be interesting to see if that is the case.

Also, I just set my DVR up to record any new 48hrs shows and it looks like the Casey Anthony show IS supposed to come on this Saturday. Unless they decided to change it at the last minute and haven't updated the cable network on what will be showing, that is what's on the schedule.

Unless an experienced prosecutor is there to present the state's case, this will be meaningless. However, I'm not sure this will be as pro-defense as the trailer implies. I think that just might be a hook to pull us in.

I will watch. I don't have the self-control *not* to. But I'll watch with a pen and a pad. I'll make a note of the sponsors. It's easy these days to find CEOs. I will write a simple note to each stating, 'Instead of purchasing *advertiser censored*, I will, from this date forward, forever and ever, unto eternity, I will purchase YYY (their competitor).'

Blaise (Please don't let it be Honda or Apple. I love Honda and Apple.)

Why so soon to the trial?
Did the Anthonys get money for this?
Why is it not just facts only and after trial.
Is this to taint a jury?
JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE!!!! JMOO

I love the way the page says "Only Casey Knows." Excuse me? I thought the last place she "seen" that little girl was when she dropped her off on the stairs? I thought she said "I don't know where she's at are you effin kidding me?". Now she knows? Which is it D-Team?

Exactly!!! That is what I said when I read this, "Only Casey Knows"...my first thought was, well will she share what she knows on 48hrs? :maddening:

This is all to taint the jury IMO, and there will be much more to come the next 6 weeks..I can see Cindy & George making their rounds. :maddening:

Bumping the following from WhyaDuck? and adding that this is the third round of warnings about this that we've been through on this thread. There will not be a fourth round.

Please understand that WS does NOT support letter writing campaigns without Tricia's explicit permission. And know that while we understand and support your individual desire to make a difference, we absolutely need to protect every member of WS from the kinds of unwanted scrutiny that may accrue from such efforts.

If you do make a personal decision to contact anyone affiliated, no matter how loosely, with this case, you do not need to make that information public here on WS.

Advertisers are free to make informed choices about what programs might offer them the best avenue to reach their target markets. Please respect them, and your fellow sleuthers, and let's work together to keep this thread open and on topic.

If you need more information about this issue, please visit this link: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72096"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72096[/ame]

A reminder of the WS regs, folks. We do not support letter writing campaigns here without direct permission from Tricia.

Also, if you write anyone, you are not to represent WS in any way.

Thanks!

Bumping the following from WhyaDuck? and adding that this is the third round of warnings about this that we've been through on this thread. There will not be a fourth round.

Please understand that WS does NOT support letter writing campaigns without Tricia's explicit permission. And know that while we understand and support your individual desire to make a difference, we absolutely need to protect every member of WS from the kinds of unwanted scrutiny that may accrue from such efforts.

Advertisers are free to make informed choices about what programs might offer them the best avenue to reach their target markets. Please respect them, and your fellow sleuthers, and let's work together to keep this thread open and on topic.

If you need more information about this issue, please visit this link: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72096

Bless your heart ynot. Thank you. :blowkiss:

Couldn't they have waited until the trial ended and there was a conclusion to the case? It's not like this is JBR's case where there probably won't ever be a resolution so there's no point in waiting for one. The trial is happening in May, and is supposed to last 8 weeks, right? Or am I getting that number from a different trial? Regardless, it should be over by the time summer ends, and then they can air a 48 Hours special about the case and the trial before 2011 comes to a close.

No because we're coming up on the May sweeps ratings period. Sweeps occur four months out of the year - May, July, November and February. These are the months when news stories are sensationalized, when TV shows have big season endings or beginnings.

The size of your audience during "sweeps" determines how much you can charge for advertising. The larger your audience, the higher your advertising rates.

So, the goal is to start building your audience leading into sweeps, so that you can carry that audience through the sweeps period.

The fact that KC's trial - the trial of the 'decade' - is happening during a sweeps rating period will make this the most sensational trial in TV history. There will be special reports, live coverage, shows from multiple angles of the trial, segments on each of the morning, and nightly news programs. It will be wall to wall KC for the month of May.

No because we're coming up on the May sweeps ratings period. Sweeps occur four months out of the year - May, July, November and February. These are the months when news stories are sensationalized, when TV shows have big season endings or beginnings.

The size of your audience during "sweeps" determines how much you can charge for advertising. The larger your audience, the higher your advertising rates.

So, the goal is to start building your audience leading into sweeps, so that you can carry that audience through the sweeps period.

The fact that KC's trial - the trial of the 'decade' - is happening during a sweeps rating period will make this the most sensational trial in TV history. There will be special reports, live coverage, shows from multiple angles of the trial, segments on each of the morning, and nightly news programs. It will be wall to wall KC for the month of May.
I wish it was wall-to-wall Caylee instead. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member