Whoa! a new 48 Hours (April 16) Check out the trailer!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are going to allude to an accident. That way they won't have to put Casey on the stand. For example, a question to Dr. G could be phrased as, isn't it true that you can't tell if Caylee died from an accident solely on the autopsy? However, I think duct tape shuts down any accidental theory. In addition, what mother goes out and parties, gets a tattoo, gets her nails done, buys a bunch of junk from Target, etc, if they just threw their child away like garbage because the child died accidentally. It doesn't pass the common sense test.

I'll bet the 48 hours show will not include pictures of how the duct tape was most likely placed (pictures 698-702).

http://s439.photobucket.com/albums/qq120/cayleecross/?action=view&current=th13Face2WS.jpg#!oZZ698QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs439.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fqq120%2Fcayleecross%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3Dth13Face2WS.jpg

Did you read the partial transcript where CM was questioning Dr. G? He did ask how could she know if it was an accidental drowning. He pressed on as most good lawyers do with the follow up question by asking if she could say that it was not. Then we have the DT using Dr. Spitz to say the tape did not hold the mandible in place in his opinion and the tape could've become attached to the hair from the rain and movement, etc. Keep in mind that Dr. Spitz did not see Caylee's skull then but after Dr. G had cut the tape out.

Why would she make an accident look like a murder? I do not buy the "she was afraid of cindy" stuff. She wasn't afraid of anyone - she kept doing what she wanted and cindy was of no consequence to her.

The main question to her DT and they know it, in order for them to try and convince a jury it was an accident/coverup will be her well documented behavior. If they claim accident then she knew Caylee was dead not missing and she's out celebrating so to speak. Maybe CA needs to switch gears from "just because she's a liar doesn't make her a murderer" to "just because she couldn't care less about Caylee doesn't make her a murderer."

For all the complaining DT, namely JB has gone on about all the media on this case..guess it's the media that isn't supported by his slant. imo This 48hrs should not be aired just prior to Jury selection.

Having just listened to the Levi show where its mentioned that JB has hired the best Jury consultant and they don't know how he's paying for it. If this is true.. I guess this is their test run.

I haven't listened to Levi's show but it seems to me that if this were true, the mainstream media would be all over it. I have a niggling suspicion boards like ours are providing the DT free jury consulting services by commenting on ICA's clothes, hair, gestures and offering advice about what they should do to humanize her.
I'm jaded but I don't think JB's smart enough or well connected enough to attract the best of anything.

We know that Richard Gabriel visited Casey in prison on 7/30/2010.

He appears in the 48 hours trailer.

From his website:
"Mr. Gabriel has assisted counsel in the O.J. Simpson, Heidi Fleiss, Phillip Spector, Enron Broadband, and Whitewater trials, and is currently working with attorneys in the Casey Anthony matter. "

http://www.decisionanalysisinc.com/...abriel&catid=39:consultant-profiles&Itemid=55

But that's not quite true, is it? Re: Your Bold :waitasec:
Perhaps as an advisor for the DT for this 48 hours, but he is not listed as part of "The Team" - is he?

I don't think this program is going to affect the future jury or that it will matter much who is chosen for the jury. Anyone will be able to figure out that previous computer searches, the cell phone pings, the duct tape, remains placed in household items, and Casey's sociopathic tendencies all point to premeditation. If premeditation is somehow gotten around due to convincing a jury that she was abused, then she will surely at least get LWOP. Even that is doubtful because everyone has problems with their parents at some time in their lives and don't plot to kill their own kids. Hopefully, the prosecution will work really hard to prove that Casey's family were the ones used and abused. All of them, including the grandparents plus many of her friends.

I need to start reading the entire thread before interjecting as I did above but..... re this link http://www.decisionanalysisinc.com/i...iles&Itemid=55

I write grant proposals and when I do, I use exactly this type of wishy washy verbage. 'Assisted with' could mean opened the door for. Which OJ trial? HF and SP were convicted.
My attitude is lousy these days. Sorry friends. He looks like a creep to me. I don't believe there is a juror in the world that won't find their way to the truth in this case and his website and credentials don't impress me in the least.
What do you do at work Daddy? I try to find murderers, swindlers and prostitutes jurors who will let them walk. How honorable. Now I'll swallow the rising vomit.

Timing myself out so my friends Beach and ynot don't have to. I'm about a post away from imploding. :(

Unless the defense can figure out some way to get the duct tape off this baby's face, there's no potential juror that I've ever met that could buy off on an "accidental" death.

I need to start reading the entire thread before interjecting as I did above but..... re this link http://www.decisionanalysisinc.com/i...iles&Itemid=55

I write grant proposals and when I do, I use exactly this type of wishy washy verbage. 'Assisted with' could mean opened the door for. Which OJ trial? HF and SP were convicted.
My attitude is lousy these days. Sorry friends. He looks like a creep to me. I don't believe there is a juror in the world that won't find their way to the truth in this case and his website and credentials don't impress me in the least.
What do you do at work Daddy? I try to find murderers, swindlers and prostitutes jurors who will let them walk. How honorable. Now I'll swallow the rising vomit.

Timing myself out so my friends Beach and ynot don't have to. I'm about a post away from imploding. :(
...but when you wake up we'll be 4 weeks closer to the truth!

who's paying this jury consultant? he works for JAC rates?

rhetorical question... no answer needed..

I think you got it now!

Evidence tampering alleged in Spector trial - Los Angeles Times
Jan 27, 2009... Richard Gabriel sent an e-mail to one of Spector's ...
http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jan/27/local/me-spector27

to work with JB?
someone said he's working with the DT, right?

Sorry... I was just being facetious. He probably thinks it's a sweet deal though if he can get paid "slave wages" from JAC and then feather his nest a bit by doing a special on CBS though. :maddening:

The defense is playing with fire in allowing this to be broadcast right now. 48 hrs does this frequently. And they are very good at it. They are sympathetic to the defense, sympathetic to the defendant and the defendant's family. They seem to understand the points the defense wishes to get across. The pre show show publicity appears to be pro-defendant. But then comes show time and they allow the defense to present in their most favorable light, but they also show the prosecution points to give a balanced view of events. Usually it works out pretty balanced. But all of the preshow hoopla ensures the defense will be very open with them.

I am curious as to how they will handle the 30 days of heavy partying, the days of driving a stinky car, the out of sight out of mind attitude. They did downplay that before didn't they?

Bold mine.

I tend to agree with you above. Part of the trailer showed Pam Bondi, who is definitely NOT pro-defense. I bet the content of the trailer is to create controversy and interest (and most of all viewers). Let's hold off our panic until it actually airs.

I'm really surprised that Cindy would agree to appear in another 48 hours, since the first one, as I vaguely remember, was not as kind to her as she probably thought they were going to be.

I don't know when it was filmed but I was in court when I heard the oriental woman (producer for InSessions) who sits behind CA tell CA that they would be by for filming and that the scheduling would be done through their attorney - CA's atty. This was two weeks ago, I believe.

So do we think that the InSessions filming was for 48 Hours, or is it for another pro-defense propaganda piece? :maddening::maddening::maddening:

So do we think that the InSessions filming was for 48 Hours, or is it for another pro-defense propaganda piece? :maddening::maddening::maddening:
Good question. In what way could CBS and CNN be connected?

Sorry... I was just being facetious. He probably thinks it's a sweet deal though if he can get paid "slave wages" from JAC and then feather his nest a bit by doing a special on CBS though. :maddening:

IIRC JAC will not pay for a jury consultant....the Judge also told them with all of cm experience he shouldn't need one....can't remember when this was done---but JAC won't pay....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member