Whoa! Meter Reader gave tip on August 13th!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What's your gut reaction?

• Meter Reader called in tips, then went searching on his own.

Votes: 441 89.8%
  • Meter Reader is the one who killed Caylee.

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Meter Reader is related to an accomplice.

Votes: 37 7.5%
  • Meter Reader is Casey's accomplice.

Votes: 10 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't need to know why the meter reader went into the woods.
I just thank God that he did and that he found Caylee's remains!
God bless him!

thought: on the meter reader; I think that he had dispatch call in this last december 11th tip because his other tips he personally called in did not get results.

Disclaimer: I do NOT think that he found bones or anything else in August....rather what fox reported....that there was a "smell" and "something wasn't right".. That being said, whomever responded to the scene, given the fact that LE has leaked that the remains had been placed there close to death, should...for sure...be under internal scrutiny. Until we know exactly the what, who, how, and why, tho... I feel that this is truly, as another poster put it, the "tempest in the teapot" and just a little blip on the radar screen of what HAS been found, what HAS been discovered, AND what remains to be found to link the murderess Casey to the remains of her daughter.

I went through all 10 pdf files that had all of the public tips. Did not find any that were from the meter reader. Apparently there may be another set of tips that havent been released yet and JB filed a motion to get those. I bet when those are released the tip from the meter reader will be known about publicly.

I think LE will straighten this mess out in short order and it won't hurt the prosecution. I feel for the meter reader. It sure makes a person wonder why anyone would call in a tip if this is the way they are going to be treated.

It is to their credit that OCSO is being straightforward and honest in this situation. If mistakes were made, it is always best to own up to them as soon as possible.

Nothing has been reported on any documented news site of any name until something is out there officially it is just rumor. Even if that is his name I still say big deal. Until the police make him a suspect and POI he is meerly an innocent bystander helping out.

O.k. :waitasec: I'm just telling you why people are talking about his name. Several WSers heard reporters say it. I never said he was a suspect. I think he is a man who did the right thing. I was simply answering your question. It's been talked about on here since shortly after the discovery. HTH.

Found the first tip releated to Suburban Drive discovery ... its on Tip #9 document at this link below The tip # is Caylee - 2785

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Sidebar/2008/9/24/files_released_in_casey_anthony_case.html

on 8-18 Detective Cain found a decaying plastic bag with clothing and stuffed animals at the dead end of Suburban drive. The clothing had roots growing on them. Detective Cain was asked what he did with the plastic bag/clothes/stuffed animals and in an email his response was "I left them there".

A huge boost to reasonable doubt.

Yes, it struck me as weird. I know of no guy who would poke a stick at a bag he just wizzed on. Go, do your business, then run back, or light up and walk back- not git excited about what was dumped there. I'm sure there's lots of trash around this teen hangout.

JoAnn

Where on earth does it say he "whizzed" on the bag! All reports stated he relieved himself and then noticed this bag. I think we try to stick to the facts and not elaborate on how we "may imagine" things happened. JMO
I think that is really disprectful to the human remains. Please find me a link or official statement that the bag was "whizzed" on.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

IMO, this case is such a circus because we have a beautiful little girl who was not reported missing for a month. When she was finally reported missing, the family couldn't even get the day right. The perp not only blatantly lied, they were stupid lies that were easily disproved, and then members of her family also seem to lie like most people say hello, and again, stupid lies. Because of the media attention, all the loonies came out. That's it. None of this changes the basic facts of this case, at least in my opinion.
Lanie

Also remember at the same time people were calling in tips of an alive Caylee. I am sure some of these were really honest people who thought they really could have saw her. It is the same with the MR, he just had a hunch she wasn't alive and was looking for a "body".

On Aug. 11, a deputy came out after the worker called in the tip. The deputy did not find anything and cleared the scene.

The worker called CrimeLine on Aug. 12. Cadaver dogs were brought to the area, but they didn't find anything. Once again, the scene was cleared.

On Aug. 13, the worker called, and a different deputy, along with a back-up deputy, came to the area. They found a bag, but nothing else.

According to Nieves, the worker returned to the scene Dec. 11 because he was trying to make a determination regarding the bag he previously saw. He went back into the area found the skull.

Where on earth does it say he "whizzed" on the bag! All reports stated he relieved himself and then noticed this bag. I think we try to stick to the facts and not elaborate on how we "may imagine" things happened. JMO
I think that is really disprectful to the human remains. Please find me a link or official statement that the bag was "whizzed" on.

I agree. I have never heard that. That is very disrespectful to even say that.

I just want to ask an obvious question. What would have kept this meter reader from searching after work and on weekends? What would have kept him from taking a couple of buds out there with him in his free time?

I am just asking!

A huge boost to reasonable doubt.

True. I have a nagging doubt in my head, though: what are the chances of a meter reader, who has unfettered access to nearly any private property which has county service, finds what may be "the body" of Caylee Anthony? OSCO has already said he's not a suspect, and the County has already retained counsel for him.

I totally wonder....

On Aug. 11, a deputy came out after the worker called in the tip. The deputy did not find anything and cleared the scene.

The worker called CrimeLine on Aug. 12. Cadaver dogs were brought to the area, but they didn't find anything. Once again, the scene was cleared.

On Aug. 13, the worker called, and a different deputy, along with a back-up deputy, came to the area. They found a bag, but nothing else.

According to Nieves, the worker returned to the scene Dec. 11 because he was trying to make a determination regarding the bag he previously saw. He went back into the area found the skull.

A detective could found the bag but not the skull. The meter reader found both.

I don't yet think this is a huge nudge to reasonable doubt. I do, however, think this is a huge nudge to we don't know all the facts yet.

I just want to ask an obvious question. What would have kept this meter reader from searching after work and on weekends? What would have kept him from taking a couple of buds out there with him in his free time?

I am just asking!

I haven't been on so much today, so sorry if most of you know more about meter reader man than I do, but to think of a couple of things that would keep him from searching with a couple of buds in free time, possibly family life/ kids. I know a lot of us just wish we were in the Orlando area so we could have searched, but the truth of it is, we have lives too, with other obligations. Possibly he does too.

Boy this sure makes LE and the Cadavar dogs look really bad. They went out 3 times and didn't find her. But the meter reader goes out and finds her no problem? oh boy...

What I heard on NG was that on Aug 13, a different deputy came out, spoke with the meter reader, no one's sure what or how he determined there was nothing suspicious there, and then waved away another deputy that came to the scene.
I'm still suspicious of the deputy who came out on the 13th. Just because OCSO is a great organization doesn't mean members don't make mistakes or worse. Remember, there was a deputy fired over this case already. (Now that I think of it, I'm not sure the fired guy was with OCSO or with the Orlando police.)

A detective could found the bag but not the skull. The meter reader found both.

NO. It was definately reported that the skull fell out of the bag. That indicates that the skull was inside the bag.

I don't need to know why the meter reader went into the woods.
I just thank God that he did and that he found Caylee's remains!
God bless him!

I want to second that!

This case is so high profile, more than any I have ever followed.

With this cast of characters and all of thier bizzare actions, LE have had thier hands full, along with they eye of the world on them.

Yes, mistakes are going to be made. Even with all of the technology that we have today, and all that has been learned from other high profile cases in the recent past, after all this comes down to the fact that boots on the ground are only human. That's what the investigation starts with...HUMAN BEINGS and there is a margin of error. That is why I think LE came right out with it today about the other report of the MR calling in.

Yes, it was a missed opportunity. At that time, early in the investigation, they were busy interviewing the family, who was less than cooperative, following countless tips and leads, and had so much to sort thru thanks to the lies of a Mother who failed to report her daughter missing, spent that time partying, on the internet, on the cell and commiting crimes by passing bad checks. An abudance of investigating to do.

The money and manpower that has been spent on this case has to be astronomical. And mind you, this is just one crime commited in that area over the past several months. What about the other murders, rapes and robberies that they have to address?

IMO this is just a bump in the road, one that the defense will try to use to thier advantage. But I have no doubt that after all, this crime was not commited by an individual that had the ability to cover all her tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove