Why did Lee flip-flop?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Why did Lee flip-flop?

• Because family loyalty set in, overshadowing all else.

Votes: 166 48.4%
  • Because he sincerely believes Casey now.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Because he needs to cover his own tracks for some reason.

Votes: 122 35.6%
  • Other

Votes: 54 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LMAO - Now would CA call that a "mistruth" or a "half-truth"? Or maybe simply "the truth" because there is nothing actually false in the statement?
:Banane23:

Anyone that has to resort using the words MISSTATEMENT or HALF TRUTH or MISTRUTH is a liar. There is no grey in a statement that is false. It is a lie. Even if there is a grain of truth there....still a lie. People who lie are liars. And people who support liars are liars too.

Sorry for the rant.... I despise liars. Lived with one far too long!

Cindy bullied him after the first release of docs and she realized what he had said. That's what I really believe. I think Cindy is a bully through and through...

i voted 'other'.
i think lee's just spineless. he doesn't have the nerve to go against his mother let alone be the only person from that house telling the truth. he'd be disavowed in heartbeat and being an anthony these days must create isolation enough on it's own w/o alienating pretty much the only people you have left. doing the right thing takes a strength that lee anthony doesn't, and probably will never have.

Has anybody considered that these children KC and LA had to develop kid code language to survive mom's controlling and maybe incessant questions. Kids do this to some extent and can speak to each other with gestures and looks that parents don't pick up on. Or he is just saying that he and KC are both smarter than both parents put together in his opinion?

CA has a strange manifestation of compulsive control syndrome. The harder she trys to get all her ducks in a row, the farther they scatter. She makes controling noises, but her actions turn the whole thing into chaos. I think LA is the confused duck that just doesn't get whether it's time to quack or shut up.

CA has a strange manifestation of compulsive control syndrome. The harder she trys to get all her ducks in a row, the farther they scatter. She makes controling noises, but her actions turn the whole thing into chaos. I think LA is the confused duck that just doesn't get whether it's time to quack or shut up.

I see, and I also think that the kids had to wait to see what mama wanted the answer to be before they answered. She does seem to suggest answers for anyone she talks to when she asks a question. And she doesn't seem to be able to listen to anyone else ; she's too busy thinking about the next thing she is going to say. I've tried to talk to people like this and quickly realized that they didn't care if I answered or not, just a nod every now and then would do, so they could keep spewing words. Oh, I'm sorry, I'm not sure where I'm going with this.

Aha! Now I gotcha. I'd still call it a lie though... there's no way he believes all her crazy stuff, even the first time he hears it. He wouldn't have made it this far in life if he was that stupid.

Now that's where the cross examining attorney has to ask the questions wisely and not let him get away with the half-truths. His testimony shouldn't be that hard to discredit if he does try to go that route when he's on the stand.

ETA: I don't think any of the Anthonys' testimonies will hold much weight in the end.

I don't know as I would say Lee has "flip-flopped" because when he said that to Annie, it was way early in the investigation--July, I believe. This was before it became pretty evident that Caylee was dead and KC probably did it. I think at that time, Lee truly believed Caylee was kidnapped and didn't want Annie to cover for KC because of that. In the depo, I just don't know. I think maybe he's afraid of what will happen to his sister. Saving KC's a$$ is the family's one and only agenda! I'm sure the only talk amongst the family is about KC, helping KC out..blah blah blah. They have totally lost focus on the fact that this is really about Caylee! They are NOT having conversations about getting justice for her, IMO. just more talk about how what KC says makes sense to them. So, Lee now believes that...at least on the surface. I cannot help but believe that he and hopefully GA know deep down inside that KC is the culprit and cause of all their current misery.

The media reports it, people believe it. The media mis-reports often, IMO.

I think the Florida Sunshine Laws need to be revised but since I'm not a resident of that state all I can say is, "whatever."

.............Ooops! I think my west coast Val is showing! :blushing:

IMO Lee learned early as a child to be "agreeable."

I think Lee is a little of everything everyone wants at the time.

I think that the decision was made early on, most likely by Cindy, that they would cut their losses on Caylee, as they either were told or assumed correctly that she was dead. I believe if they truly thought that she were still alive, they would have moved heaven and earth to find and save her, but that realizing she was gone, they decided to do all they could to protect KC. What amazes me though, is that none of them seem to understand that their ridiculous adherence to the KC Kool-Aid diet has alienated not only LE but the general public, and hence, the jury pool who wil now literally hold KC's life in their balance. Perhaps it is narcissism, because they appear not to give a hoot about how others perceive them. I personally feel that had they acted openly and not been disingenuous all along that people would feel a great sympathy for their plight. Some of that sympathy may have even trickled down to the state attorney's office, and the DP may have remained off the table.

I think Lee did what he did to preserve what remained of his fractured family. I'm sure Captain Cindy made it abundantly clear that if he deviated from the agreed upon story, he would no longer be a welcome member of the family.

Are George & Cindy named in the civil suit? If not, how will this come out of their pocket? If you mean indirectly, that it will be taken from Casey's defense fund and then will have to be replenished by G & C, I think the price tag on that defense will be so high that it won't make much of a difference in the big picture.

I'm not sure how FL law works, but I think that since KC was a member of their household that the A's homeowner's policy may cover the damages in the ZFG case. I say this b/c I once sued a former employer who not only threatened to kill me, but also libeled and slandered me. I had to take him to court, but his homeowner's policy paid out a substantial settlement to resolve the issue. He was a public official who got strung out on drugs and was up on malfeasance and fraud and theft charges. I had to testify to what I knew (not that much, but I was honest about everything), and he didn't like that so he tried to smear me. I was never sure why homeowner's would cover a workplace situation, but it did, and I was glad!

The Lee flip-flop came when he knew absolutely that KC killed Caylee. I think initially he thought there was a very slight possibility that Caylee was taken by the Nanny, but as his investigation and LE evidence came to light, he knew there was no way that anyone other than KC did this. At that point, still wanting to maintain his place in the family and show his support and love for KC, he adopted the KC is innocent stance. He even went so far as to turn his back on his murdered niece and dishonor her memory with his CMA speech at the memorial. I'm sure that if Lee lives to be 100, he will never sink to that depth again. Shame on him.

I cannot help but believe that he and hopefully GA know deep down inside that KC is the culprit and cause of all their current misery.

No worries there. All three of them know what KC did. They just won't admit it because she's family, and blood is thicker than water.

When he told Annie not to lie he was living on his own, now he is living with Mommy.

I'm not sure how FL law works, but I think that since KC was a member of their household that the A's homeowner's policy may cover the damages in the ZFG case. I say this b/c I once sued a former employer who not only threatened to kill me, but also libeled and slandered me. I had to take him to court, but his homeowner's policy paid out a substantial settlement to resolve the issue. He was a public official who got strung out on drugs and was up on malfeasance and fraud and theft charges. I had to testify to what I knew (not that much, but I was honest about everything), and he didn't like that so he tried to smear me. I was never sure why homeowner's would cover a workplace situation, but it did, and I was glad!

Hmmmm.......if this IS the case, I bet that insurance company tries to use that 31 days against them. She hadn't spent a night in that house for over 31 days remember? Knowing how insurance companies operate, even if they would cover an adult child of the homeowners' living under the same roof, being out of the home for 31 days just might give them a loophole?

IMO Lee learned early as a child to be "agreeable."

I think Lee is a little of everything everyone wants at the time.

I agree. So is GA, matter of fact - KC has that chameleon quality about her too. Wonder where they all learned it from ....

If anyone got thrown under the bus in this case it was poor sweet little Caylee. I don't see where any of the A's care what happened to her!

George did try to bring her to life at the memorial service.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16
Back