Why? What was the motive?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
britgirl said:
Indeed. And he'd keep seeing it because he couldn't keep his eyes off that lovely pair of mammas. :eek:
One of the books claimed that a relative/friend said she planned to go to Europe on an extended vacation after things settled down and get plastic surgery on the scar by one of the best plastic surgeons in the world. That sounds like she had done some research on it. No one has ever said when or how she learned of this surgeon though.

feenix said:
Yeah, a dramatic course of action with dramatic consequences for 'Dumb Darlie Routier'!!
I can't argue the dumb. Anyone who thinks they can actually beat the rap on this kind of crime has to be pretty dumb or awfully arrogant, one.

Goody said:
I can't argue the dumb. Anyone who thinks they can actually beat the rap on this kind of crime has to be pretty dumb or awfully arrogant, one.
I think she is too dumb to be arrogant---:loser:
Unfortunatly she was alo too dumb to come off anywhere close with the stories she came up with...or didnt....

j2mirish said:
Unfortunatly she was alo too dumb to come off anywhere close with the stories she came up with...or didnt....
My favorite is always going to be...I dreamed the man was where I told Mercedes he was but I forgot to tell Mercedes it was only a dream...<heh, heh>....I think. Now could you be anymore non-committal than that????

Goody said:
My favorite is always going to be...I dreamed the man was where I told Mercedes he was but I forgot to tell Mercedes it was only a dream...<heh, heh>....I think. Now could you be anymore non-committal than that????
Ooooh, good one...which story is this? My personal favorite is still the "blur". An alien, a dingo, a deer?

britgirl said:
Hi Beesy, yes I agree slitting one's throat IS a dumb method- I don't know, I just feel the whole thing was a huge "F- you" (excuse me!) to Darin, and maybe she thought a big gash across her neck would be sufficiently dramatic.
Well, the *advertiser censored** You part came when she stabbed their boys. I don't believe Darlie would scar herself except for the reason she did. She's too vain. She's so vain, she probably thinks this post is about her...she's so vain....
heh heh, beesy has had too much coffee

j2mirish said:
No, I see arrogance. She and Darin told their stories and expected to be believed. Not their fault the evidence didn't fit. Its LE's job to MAKE it fit, is what I think they thought and still think. They both have said they felt betrayed when she was arrested.

beesy said:
Ooooh, good one...which story is this? My personal favorite is still the "blur". An alien, a dingo, a deer?
Well, the blur is so made-for-TVish, isn't it? lol!

My favorite came from Darlie's testimony when she is under cross and trying to explain what she did or did not tell Mercedes. She is not about to admit she lied to Mercedes and is afraid Mercedes will testify if she denies it, so she comes up with the I had a dream excuse. But she knows she didn't tell Mercedes it was a dream so just in case she has to say she doesn't remember if she told Mercedes it was a dream. Boy, I bet juror's eyes were rolling during that little dance.

Goody said:
Well, the blur is so made-for-TVish, isn't it? lol!

My favorite came from Darlie's testimony when she is under cross and trying to explain what she did or did not tell Mercedes. She is not about to admit she lied to Mercedes and is afraid Mercedes will testify if she denies it, so she comes up with the I had a dream excuse. But she knows she didn't tell Mercedes it was a dream so just in case she has to say she doesn't remember if she told Mercedes it was a dream. Boy, I bet juror's eyes were rolling during that little dance.
mine are now just from reading your post!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL--:crazy: :crazy:
I cant imagine what der attorneys thought as she headed for the stand!!!!

beesy said:
No, I see arrogance. She and Darin told their stories and expected to be believed. Not their fault the evidence didn't fit. Its LE's job to MAKE it fit, is what I think they thought and still think. They both have said they felt betrayed when she was arrested.
I dont know beesy- thats why I think they are so dumb.....I think you have to have some smarts in there to be arrogant enough to come up with a story that just might make sense.....they didnt even come close....:doh:

j2mirish said:
mine are now just from reading your post!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL--:crazy: :crazy:
I cant imagine what der attorneys thought as she headed for the stand!!!!
O, ! That is what they thought. :laugh: :laugh:

j2mirish said:
I dont know beesy- thats why I think they are so dumb.....I think you have to have some smarts in there to be arrogant enough to come up with a story that just might make sense.....they didnt even come close....:doh:
well, maybe neither, but they, as many other "regular' people who kill someone they know, expected to be believed.

beesy said:
well, maybe neither, but they, as many other "regular' people who kill someone they know, expected to be believed.
All liars expect to be believed. That is why they work so hard at it.

j2mirish said:
and she couldnt even do that--------
I admit to wanting to reach into the computer screen to shake her as I was reading her testimony. It is sooooooo bad that at first you think she is naive and helpless, but after a while it is obvious that she is so afraid of saying the wrong thing that she doesn't want to be locked into anything so she dances around EVERYTHING! Shoot, she couldn't even admit she could remember who testifed against her and what they said. I mean, you are on trial for your life and you don't think it is important enough to pay attention. eeeeeeek! Probably just bad acting but either way, I think we would be hard pressed to find a defendant's testimony that is worse than Darlie's.

Goody said:
All liars expect to be believed. That is why they work so hard at it.
I'm not speaking of liars in general. I'm speaking of someone like Darlie who kills her children or somebody who kills his wife for life insurance. They create what they think is a believable story and then when they are told the evidence doesn't fit, they can't understand why they are not believed. Many seem surprised that LE even ran DNA tests, that they interviewed friends, etc. that they didn't just take what the killer says at face value and dug around some more.

Goody said:
I admit to wanting to reach into the computer screen to shake her as I was reading her testimony. It is sooooooo bad that at first you think she is naive and helpless, but after a while it is obvious that she is so afraid of saying the wrong thing that she doesn't want to be locked into anything so she dances around EVERYTHING! Shoot, she couldn't even admit she could remember who testifed against her and what they said. I mean, you are on trial for your life and you don't think it is important enough to pay attention. eeeeeeek! Probably just bad acting but either way, I think we would be hard pressed to find a defendant's testimony that is worse than Darlie's.

Yeah MacDonald's. When he was asked to explain certain pieces of evidence to the jury, he prefaced his answer with "assuming the CID could....." For instance, the blood typing. "assuming the CID typed the blood correctly, I have no idea why my blood was not found in the living room"

Evasive..... and that's what the jury heard with Darlie's testimony.

beesy said:
I'm not speaking of liars in general. I'm speaking of someone like Darlie who kills her children or somebody who kills his wife for life insurance. They create what they think is a believable story and then when they are told the evidence doesn't fit, they can't understand why they are not believed. Many seem surprised that LE even ran DNA tests, that they interviewed friends, etc. that they didn't just take what the killer says at face value and dug around some more.
I know what you mean. This not exactly the same thing, but you made me think of it anyway. I was watching some crime profile and years ago some arrogant rapist masterbated on his victims after he killed them. He thought he was so smart, but as years go by along comes DNA. hahahahahahahahahah! Cracked me up just imagining this the look on this guy's face when he first realized what he'd done. LE has the last laugh.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back