Why? What was the motive?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
cami said:
Yeah MacDonald's. When he was asked to explain certain pieces of evidence to the jury, he prefaced his answer with "assuming the CID could....." For instance, the blood typing. "assuming the CID typed the blood correctly, I have no idea why my blood was not found in the living room"

Evasive..... and that's what the jury heard with Darlie's testimony.
Agreed.:)

I have racked my brain trying to come up with some kind of "reason" (nothing is considered reasonable when it comes to murdering your children) and I haven't read this "reason" anywhere on here so here goes:

"You know this really "off the wall" thought came to me in regards to a possible WHY. We all know how much her image meant to her and it was it obvious that they were pretty much out of money without any options left besides Bankruptsy (spelling ??) Which meant that the Routier family lifestyle as they had known it was about to end. Stay with me here... What if she just could not stand the thought of having to tell her boys, who are use to getting everything they want, already knowing that "My parents are Rich" - (parents talking/bragging) that they were going to loose their home/toys/extra's and possibly even have to "rough it" with some family members for awhile. So Darlie felt that she couldn't let her boys suffer and be humilated like that, so therefore, since they had lived such a "full life" at such a young age, it was all justifiable to her. And of course Drake had no memory of this prior life so his life wouldn't be devasted and runined as his brothers. I told you it was out there. But sadly I could see this playing out over the "Life Insurance Money". My :twocents:

Anybody's thoughts?

Interesting. But if that were the case I wonder why she would feel the need to use such violance. If she could convice herlself she was doing what was best for them then why terrorize and brutilize them in the process?

I've always thought it was always all about her. As kids get older many young pretty mothers have problems with age. As a victim of a horrific attack, where she tried to save her "babies" she stays the focus not only that night, but forever - the brave loving mother who lost her sons to tragady at an early age. If she succeeded, she could ride out this incident for ever.

Interesting. But if that were the case I wonder why she would feel the need to use such violance. If she could convice herlself she was doing what was best for them then why terrorize and brutilize them in the process?

I've always thought it was always all about her. As kids get older many young pretty mothers have problems with age. As a victim of a horrific attack, where she tried to save her "babies" she stays the focus not only that night, but forever - the brave loving mother who lost her sons to tragady at an early age. If she succeeded, she could ride out this incident for ever.

Because an "intruder" did it. She had to make it look like an violent person "intentionally" did it. I agree with you in regards to it being about her. She didn't want her boys to "do without" as she did?? I also believe she thought that "family and friends" would come to her aid as to financial means but she was arrested before they could. Hope that made sense.

Yes, it makes sense. I guess I just can't wrap my brain around her having done it personally so brutally if she meant to actually help the boys in some dimented (sp)way. Even SSmith put some physical distance between her and the murder of her sons.

I have wondered, and your scenario would still fit my question, is why not do it on a night when her husband was out of the house? Seems like poor planning almost like this was a made on the spot decision

Yes, it makes sense. I guess I just can't wrap my brain around her having done it personally so brutally if she meant to actually help the boys in some dimented (sp)way. Even SSmith put some physical distance between her and the murder of her sons.

I have wondered, and your scenario would still fit my question, is why not do it on a night when her husband was out of the house? Seems like poor planning almost like this was a made on the spot decision

I think that it would have made her look more guilty if Darin wasn't home.
I still want to know if her & Darin had a fight that night.

I think that it would have made her look more guilty if Darin wasn't home.
I still want to know if her & Darin had a fight that night.

They did have a fight that night and Darlie asked for a separation. Allegedly they were fighting all the time about money.

Ya I know what you mean. I agree with you and the other posters on here about it being a "spur of the moment". But a little part of me believes she planned it out - esp. in regards to the diary and "please forgive me for what I am about to do" entry.

Money, money, money - I just can't grasp the thought of murdering my babies because I was running out of money. I watched an interview with her once recently, (Women on Death Row maybe) and she was asked about Darren and his innocence. At first she states that she didn't think he had anything to do with it and then when asked if she was 100% sure, she hesitated for quite some time before she said no. It amazes me how 11 years later, with her days numbered that she has completely flipped on the man who knows what she did, helped cover it up and has stood by her side all this time. There is just so much to this that my brain feels like a laptop with too much speed processing and still gets locked up.

They did have a fight that night and Darlie asked for a separation. Allegedly they were fighting all the time about money.

Hi Cami!

I just wasn't sure if the fight was speculation or if it was actually documented somewhere. I must've missed that somewhere.
I wonder how bad the fight was and if killing the boys not only would help her out financially, but also be a sort of revenge on Darin.

Also, do we know when the journal entry was written in a timeline with the murders, was it the last entry?

Hi Cami!

I just wasn't sure if the fight was speculation or if it was actually documented somewhere. I must've missed that somewhere.
I wonder how bad the fight was and if killing the boys not only would help her out financially, but also be a sort of revenge on Darin.

Also, do we know when the journal entry was written in a timeline with the murders, was it the last entry?

I believe (correct me if I'm wrong Cami) that the je was written in May. A month before the murders. Not sure if it was the same day that Darren was called home.

Hi Cami - pls ck your pm's

Funny they don't bring up the journal entry on the JFD site, atleast I didn't see it. Interesting how they leave out so much and focus on the important.

Man, that site FRUSTRATES me! How they twist and twist everything.
There's a part where they say how they are upset they aren't looking for anyone. HELLO! It's because they got their murderer.

I would love for them to address the reasons Darlie was really convicted, not the reason why she shouldn't be. This case has intrigued me from day one, and I've learned a lot from you all.
It amazes me how many people take Mama Darlie's words for truth and believe what she spews out. If I never read the transcripts or came here, I just might believe she is innocent.
I honestly don't understand why there is so much debate over her guilt, the evidence against her is overwhelming.

Money, money, money - I just can't grasp the thought of murdering my babies because I was running out of money. I watched an interview with her once recently, (Women on Death Row maybe) and she was asked about Darren and his innocence. At first she states that she didn't think he had anything to do with it and then when asked if she was 100% sure, she hesitated for quite some time before she said no. It amazes me how 11 years later, with her days numbered that she has completely flipped on the man who knows what she did, helped cover it up and has stood by her side all this time. There is just so much to this that my brain feels like a laptop with too much speed processing and still gets locked up.

Those of us following the case from the beginning knew it was just a matter of time before she threw Darin under the bus. I don't believe she killed them to "save them from being broke."

well, you know I already heard your theory and thought it could be possible. I wouldn't count out ANYTHING in this case, other than Darlie being guilty. Just wanted to give you some more support on your thread!

I wonder if Darin told her he would take the kids away from her and make her look like a bad mom?
I also wonder if she had thought about it in advance..esp. since the boys and she were sleeping downstairs that night..is that something they all did often together?

well, you know I already heard your theory and thought it could be possible. I wouldn't count out ANYTHING in this case, other than Darlie being guilty. Just wanted to give you some more support on your thread!

Thank you White Rain.. :blowkiss: This was just one of my "ideas" as to "WHY" . I agree with ya, anything is possible with this case.

Funny they don't bring up the journal entry on the JFD site, atleast I didn't see it. Interesting how they leave out so much and focus on the important.

Man, that site FRUSTRATES me! How they twist and twist everything.
There's a part where they say how they are upset they aren't looking for anyone. HELLO! It's because they got their murderer.

I would love for them to address the reasons Darlie was really convicted, not the reason why she shouldn't be. This case has intrigued me from day one, and I've learned a lot from you all.
It amazes me how many people take Mama Darlie's words for truth and believe what she spews out. If I never read the transcripts or came here, I just might believe she is innocent.
I honestly don't understand why there is so much debate over her guilt, the evidence against her is overwhelming.

Exactly Dena..

I have racked my brain trying to come up with some kind of "reason" (nothing is considered reasonable when it comes to murdering your children) and I haven't read this "reason" anywhere on here so here goes:

"You know this really "off the wall" thought came to me in regards to a possible WHY. We all know how much her image meant to her and it was it obvious that they were pretty much out of money without any options left besides Bankruptsy (spelling ??) Which meant that the Routier family lifestyle as they had known it was about to end. Stay with me here... What if she just could not stand the thought of having to tell her boys, who are use to getting everything they want, already knowing that "My parents are Rich" - (parents talking/bragging) that they were going to loose their home/toys/extra's and possibly even have to "rough it" with some family members for awhile. So Darlie felt that she couldn't let her boys suffer and be humilated like that, so therefore, since they had lived such a "full life" at such a young age, it was all justifiable to her. And of course Drake had no memory of this prior life so his life wouldn't be devasted and runined as his brothers. I told you it was out there. But sadly I could see this playing out over the "Life Insurance Money". My :twocents:

Anybody's thoughts?
I really dont think that she killed the kids over money problems. If they needed money that bad the first thing or the most successful thing would not be to murder your children. Im sure there would be otherways for her to get hold of money, killing children is extreame. Correct me if im wrong, but wasnt Darin involved in insurance scams prior to the murder? (Not the one he was in prosess of setting up). If yes she would have known about it & im sure she would have thought of that instead. Thats just one option she must have had other ways of getting hold of money.

If Darlie did kill her kids, (IMO she didnt), I dont think the motive would have been money. Revenge/desparation maybe but not money.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back