GUILTY WI - Bart, 50, and Krista Halderson, 53, found deceased, Windsor, 1 Jul 2021 *son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Those photos were beyond gruesome and absolutely heartbreaking. I had to stop watching and just listen. Shockingly evil.
If anyone needs to not see the photos in future testimony, Channel3000 said they have made an editorial decision on their stream to not show graphic photos - just audio. I also think I'm about to lose my lunch after watching that.

I wonder what Chandler is thinking of his defense counsel thus far
I think this is what he expected, in opening statements his defence said that their main focus was going to be on the actual murders and they may accept that the state has proven some of the charges at the end of the trial, so the before and post activities are not what he wants the defence to challenge, he wants (as it is his defence and he tells them what his defence will be) the murder charges challenged as he asserts he is innocent of those,

I expect him to testify with a version of events which he expects to be believed, even though this jury will by then have sat through weeks of witnesses testifying to when his mouth moved he was lying testimony

In order to introduce evidence, in this instance, all the video from the neighbours cameras, the relevant person it belongs to or can speak to it, needs to appear on the stand, which is why so many of the neighbours were called to testify

I understand that they have to testify about their cameras or interaction with defendant, but I thought they had far too many witnesses testifying to the same thing, long trials need an engaged jury paying full attention, and repetitive testimony (from years of trial watching) can lead to juries not being so attentive,

Prosecutors show images of dismembered body in Chandler Halderson trial

MADISON, Wis. — Jurors in Chandler Halderson’s homicide trial saw several images of a dismembered torso later identified as Bart Halderson as the trial entered its third day Wednesday morning.

The photos, which were taken by investigators at a farm in rural Cottage Grove on July 8 showed a path of trampled vegetation in the woods, a log that appeared to have moss scraped off by something, and a pile of sticks beyond the log.

Does the State have a lot of evidence (forensic or otherwise) that points to Chandler committing these murders in their house and we are just slowly ramping up to get to that? It does seem like others have stated that they have a lot from right before and right after the murders that point in every which way back to Chandler, but I’m getting really curious….will they have his DNA on some of the discarded tools used to dismember his parents? Will they have found their DNA or blood or something in the Subaru he was seen with at the farm?

No matter what this is all so tragic.

Does the State have a lot of evidence (forensic or otherwise) that points to Chandler committing these murders in their house and we are just slowly ramping up to get to that? It does seem like others have stated that they have a lot from right before and right after the murders that point in every which way back to Chandler, but I’m getting really curious….will they have his DNA on some of the discarded tools used to dismember his parents? Will they have found their DNA or blood or something in the Subaru he was seen with at the farm?

I would have to think that KH was killed near the half wall and BH was killed near the fireplace where there was "blood everywhere"

Doctor testifies Chandler Halderson was diagnosed with mild concussion in June

MADISON (WKOW) — The doctor who treated Chandler Halderson's head injury in June said he was diagnosed with a mild concussion.

Dr. Michael Lohmeier, an emergency physician with UW Health, took the stand in Halderson's trial on Thursday. He treated Halderson on June 17 after Halderson came to a UW hospital self reporting a fall that was causing head and rib pain.

Lohmeier, and subpoenaed hospital records, said Halderson was diagnosed with a mild concussion after a closed head injury, which is a nonspecific diagnosis. His CT imaging came back without abnormalities. Lohmeier said Halderson denied other imaging for rib pain.

they have bone fragments (human) in ash, some blood was mentioned in opening, whose we do not know, but the biggest factor is they were seen driving home in their cars and they never left the home (neighbours CTV) so they were killed at home, I think we can assume for now the only motive for their murders was defendants lies being found out, the day his father is never seen or heard from again was the day the defendant and his dad had a meeting where defendant knew all his lies were going to be fully exposed and IMO he could not allow this to happen, so he killed dad, then mum when she got home later on

surprised the defence went so easy on his girlfriend, wonder who they will thoroughly cross examine, probably crime techs and forensics and maybe ME

I think the defence may be going to argue Mitchel (defendants brother) or others may be the murderer/s, state seems to be going out of their way to validate Mitchel as having no involvement, thus if the defence try to say somebody else did it they have already laid down a foundation of evidence as to why AN Other couldn't have done it

My heart breaks for C. She loved him very very much. He hurt her so deeply. It really saddens me.
THIS, 110 percent. Her and Mitch having to testify and being put through a trial is just another of CH’s sociopathic abuse tactics. It’s clear that he gets satisfaction from this being a high profile trial and knowing that the world is seeing their suffering on the stand. I was so, so deeply angered by his blank expression during MH and CM’s testimony in particular that I genuinely don’t know if I’ll be able to watch any more live until jury deliberations. I hope CM and her family are doing something she enjoys tonight to keep her mind off the rest of the trial.

THIS, 110 percent. Her and Mitch having to testify and being put through a trial is just another of CH’s sociopathic abuse tactics. It’s clear that he gets satisfaction from this being a high profile trial and knowing that the world is seeing their suffering on the stand. I was so, so deeply angered by his blank expression during MH and CM’s testimony in particular that I genuinely don’t know if I’ll be able to watch any more live until jury deliberations. I hope CM and her family are doing something she enjoys tonight to keep her mind off the rest of the trial.

some bloody rags found in his GF’s Target mobile order bag …..dismembered body parts, some of the tools, bloody rags, all of it found discarded at the farm. May not be a stretch for one to conclude he was trying to pin any of this on her or her family. The more I hear in this trial, the more I think of Grant Amato & Joel Guy Jr….parents find out their son is living some lie, push comes to shove and they’ve had enough, and instead of doing anything to help themselves get out of their current situations they resort to killing their families. It is beyond crazy and just so, so sad.

'I just want them to be found': Chandler Halderson's former girlfriend testifies
MADISON (WKOW) — Chandler Halderson's former girlfriend, CM, took the stand Thursday afternoon.

Halderson is charged in the death's of his parents, Bart and Krista Halderson after he initially reported them as missing in July 2021.

In her emotional testimony, CM said she cooperated with police throughout the investigation and gave authorities access to anything they wanted to see.

"I just believed his parents were missing," CM said when asked why she thought it was important to cooperate. "And I just want them to be found."

Jurors in Chandler Halderson murder trial see graphic photos of father's remains, hear from former girlfriend

Jurors in Chandler Halderson's murder trial heard from witnesses Thursday about his trip to a rural Cottage Grove farm where the mutilated remains of his father, Bart, were found and, more than three months later, a rifle hidden in a shed.

Halderson, 23, of Windsor, appeared to show no emotion as Deputy District Attorney William Brown took witness Brent Baverstock, a Dane County sheriff's detective, through a series of increasingly graphic photos of Bart's shirtless, headless torso as it was found under a pile of sticks in a stand of woods near where Halderson had been seen days before. In the center of the torso's back was a wound, believed by the prosecution to be a gunshot wound.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back