GUILTY WI - Bart, 50, and Krista Halderson, 53, found deceased, Windsor, 1 Jul 2021 *son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
their was luminal used to test for blood in the home, mostly in basement and by fireplace, the forensic examiner could only say it was presumptive for blood, with a further test some areas were considered positive for blood, but considering he dismembered 2 bodies in the home they never found large quantities of blood throughout the home,

goes back to my initial theory he froze them in some way before cutting them up, possibly kept some parts in the freezer before he dumped them, I do find it odd that he must have thrown some parts in the river where his mums legs were found, so why not throw all the remains in the river, why take his dads torso to his GF family farm with the tarp and cutting implements,​

the evidence about cameras and what they showed in relation to the flickering light seen on the night where state argues he had killed his parents that day is very interesting, state has argued he burned his parents heads in that fireplace,

I am amazed at the level of contempt in which CH seems to hold his family members, girlfriend and her family, his neighbors, the police, etc. By transporting his father’s torso, along with saw blades and knives, firearm, rags used to clean up blood—out to the farm associated with his girlfriend’s mother’s friend’s property—he clearly has no respect whatsoever for anyone else’s rights. It looks to me like he figures no one will see through his lies so he is free to murder his parents and distribute some of their body parts and items used in the murders and associated clean-up just anywhere—and especially right under their noses, right on their beautiful property. Because he’s so smart and everyone else is just so stupid. It looks to me like he relishes manipulating people into doing things for him (feeding him, nursing his “wounds”, giving him money, going along with made-up stories about employment, rented apartments in Florida). Whatever conscience he may have had earlier in his life seems to have evaporated entirely.

I have questions that I hope will get answered along the way in the trial:

—Why didn’t the neighbors hear the gun shots when he killed his parents?

—Where were the dogs when he murdered and cut up his parents?

—Which rooms were used to do the murders and the cutting up of the bodies?

—Did he “subtly” or not so subtly ask his friend to gift him the firearm used in the murders?

—Was the “get well soon” message attached to the bullet he gave his brother (who was hospitalized with diabetes) a veiled threat?

Last edited:
now we see where defence is going, Mitchel is included as being part of a DNA mix with his father on the tarp that one or more body parts were wrapped in and Chandler was not included,

even though it was barely statistical recording of Mitchels profile the defence are going to hammer this point, in all probability he got in the mix because he shares his DNA with his parents

and so far not one speck of Chandlers DNA ties him to all the cutting implements or body parts, or items he used to dispose of the body parts

Chandler DNA on his jeans, to be expected if they are his jeans, also on a swab from fireplace (his story about his bleeding foot will be used by defence to explain this away)

3 part mixture moderately includes Chandler and his parents swab,

2 part mixture Bart and Mitchel ? missed hearing this bit

axe bart and krista mixture

Last edited:
Oh sure, I'm not necessarily saying the defense is doing a bad job. I'm more thinking that it seems like they've recognized that their case is almost unwinnable and are grasping at straws. I feel sorry for these poor public defenders -- trying their best with a basically unwinnable case. I guess I'd rather defend Chaz than Joel Guy Jr but it's very close. And between Chaz and Grant Amato I'd have to flip a coin.

I had no knowledge of this case until the trial actually started and I do feel like the defense was buried by evidence before they even gave their opening statement. Other than some random stranger coming in, killing the parents (using Chandler's gun) and Chandler waking up to find their corpses and then thinking he'd just dispose of their bodies (in pieces) around the area and burn what he didn't feel like toting off somewhere in the family fireplace, then it's more than given he did all of this.

My favorite "defense" moment so far was the attorney trying to suggest that the tree Chandler is shown posing by (at an earlier time) was somehow not the same tree that was near the location of whatever body parts (was it Krista) had been found. That tree is beyond unique in the way the trunk splits off and the hollow area of the trunk. And she's saying--hey now, how can you be sure that's the same tree?!!

Sometimes there just is no defense and imo, this is one of those cases. With that said, I'm very much looking forward to the defense witnesses.

considering all he had to do he left little DNA behind, his DNA was in a pair of shoes which had his parents DNA on the bottom in blood, on one shoe

still testing in November, when gun found, no DNA on it

I had no knowledge of this case until the trial actually started and I do feel like the defense was buried by evidence before they even gave their opening statement. Other than some random stranger coming in, killing the parents (using Chandler's gun) and Chandler waking up to find their corpses and then thinking he'd just dispose of their bodies (in pieces) around the area and burn what he didn't feel like toting off somewhere in the family fireplace, then it's more than given he did all of this.

My favorite "defense" moment so far was the attorney trying to suggest that the tree Chandler is shown posing by (at an earlier time) was somehow not the same tree that was near the location of whatever body parts (was it Krista) had been found. That tree is beyond unique in the way the trunk splits off and the hollow area of the trunk. And she's saying--hey now, how can you be sure that's the same tree?!!

Sometimes there just is no defense and imo, this is one of those cases. With that said, I'm very much looking forward to the defense witnesses.

I think defence will be Mitchel did the murdering, don't bet the farm on that though as who knows what tall tale Chandler will tell

the defence cross of DNA evidence was useless, I don't even know what their strategy could be, maybe my blaming Mitchel isn't what they will argue and their whole argument will be state hasn't proved who did the actual murdering so their is reasonable doubt,

surely two (they seem experienced and know the law) lawyers could have come up with some type of defence, or even challenge some of the evidence

I am amazed at the level of contempt in which CH seems to hold his family members, girlfriend and her family, his neighbors, the police, etc. By transporting his father’s torso, along with saw blades and knives, firearm, rags used to clean up blood—out to the farm associated with his girlfriend’s mother’s friend’s property—he clearly has no respect whatsoever for anyone else’s rights. It looks to me like he figures no one will see through his lies so he is free to murder his parents and distribute some of their body parts and items used in the murders and associated clean-up just anywhere—and especially right under their noses, right on their beautiful property. Because he’s so smart and everyone else is just so stupid. It looks to me like he relishes manipulating people into doing things for him (feeding him, nursing his “wounds”, giving him money, going along with made-up stories about employment, rented apartments in Florida). Whatever conscience he may have had earlier in his life seems to have evaporated entirely.

I have questions that I hope will get answered along the way in the trial:

—Why didn’t the neighbors hear the gun shots when he killed his parents?

—Where were the dogs when he murdered and cut up his parents?

—Which rooms were used to do the murders and the cutting up of the bodies?

—Did he “subtly” or not so subtly ask his friend to gift him the firearm used in the murders?

—Was the “get well soon” message attached to the bullet he gave his brother (who was hospitalized with diabetes) a veiled threat?

seems nobody heard gunshots, houses were close together so maybe they didn't recognise it as gunshots, dogs were home, but he had many rooms in which to lock dogs whilst he went about his business, I think he froze bodies to mean blood wasn't free flowing, but he had to cut them up somewhere and he had to have decapitated them on the 1st as he was burning heads in the fire in the early morning hours of 2nd, so he did a good clean up, plus the home had so much stuff that he had loads of stuff to hand to use before he bought the tarp and got the mop and hydrogen peroxide off his girlfriend, (I would not like to be the person who cleans out that house who knows if he left anything hidden in all those boxes).

I think he had honed his skills over years in how easily he manipulated people, how he lied so easily but was believed for a long time, I think he picked people to let into his life that he knew would do his bidding and they had no idea he was engineering them to do what he wanted such as the gun, I bet the guy says it was his idea to give CH the gun, but it was more likely CH was the one who wanted the gun and set about manipulating him to get the gun, I think the get well soon bullet was his own sick joke which he thoroughly enjoyed,
I think murder was one of his solutions if needed when the game was up, but think his dad finding out about college lies solidified it as his choice to solve his problems,

their was luminal used to test for blood in the home, mostly in basement and by fireplace, the forensic examiner could only say it was presumptive for blood, with a further test some areas were considered positive for blood, but considering he dismembered 2 bodies in the home they never found large quantities of blood throughout the home,

goes back to my initial theory he froze them in some way before cutting them up, possibly kept some parts in the freezer before he dumped them, I do find it odd that he must have thrown some parts in the river where his mums legs were found, so why not throw all the remains in the river, why take his dads torso to his GF family farm with the tarp and cutting implements,​
Hoping to cast blame on them.

Are you meaning Mitchell did the killing but Chandler did the disposal?

I thought that maybe one defence, but after the defence did not challenge the forensics my next defence would be they argue in closing the state hasn't proved beyond a reasonable doubt he murdered them, as they said in opening the pre and post murder evidence will not show who is the actual murderer, so the jury must acquit, but I still haven't fully discounted them going for Mitchel or SODDI, but the disposing of bodies by Chandler would have to have an explanation for why, and the only why would be helping his brother

Chandler could say anything though, the guy who gave him the gun could be the murderer, her family members where early in the trial it was alluded to she didn't get along with (except her mum) Chandler has laid foundations in interviews with police about his dads anger, being grounded and sent to his room at 23 by his dad was mentioned, so we wait to see which way the defence will go

I was certain he would testify, felt he couldn't resist it, but am less sure now

Hoping to cast blame on them.

I agree, part of his plan was the intentional leaving of body parts where he did, so he at some point intended Cat to be suspected of something, I think he is very calculated thus the bag with receipt with her name on it filled with bloody rags left at her parents farm, LE didn't buy that though and have cleared her,

I have no idea why he didn't throw the rest of the remains in the river,

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back