GUILTY WI - Darrell Brooks Rams Car Into Holiday Parade Crowd - 6 dead/61 Injured - Waukesha #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The State has bent over backwards to accommodate his pro se defense. Asking for am or pm witnesses, out of respect for the witnesses is not preventing him from a vigorous defense. He just wants the power to hold the witnesses in the courthouse for days without calling them so they are forced to sit silently on benches outside the courtroom doors under the watchful eye of a court deputy or two. That isn't going to fly.

He is going down swinging and will never agree to anything from the state. Period.

It's okay, he doesn't have to assist in his own prosecution.

He's learned how to ask better questions, so he's not dumb. But, his public defender forgot to tell him TrIal Rule 101 - never ask a question if you don't know the answer.

"My best friend has the exact same car, that's how I know what kind of car it was" (paraphrased). Ouch!

Frustrating as it may be, we are all watching a guilty man fight for his life, with all the odds against him. Mr. Brooks knows he is going to prison for the rest of his life - he has NOTHING to lose here. What's the point of being a fool if you can't act like one?

His opening statement was not well prepared. One would think he would have rehearsed, being a rapper and all.

I am interested to hear what the "other side of the story" is.

oh just got to the ending of today....he is going to do all possible to derail tomorrow and I think Erica is really in for something tomorrow. I hope she stands up to him. He is so emboldened now...laughing with the judge etc. I think we are all counting the minutes when he is cuffed and taken away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katgneal