GUILTY WI - Dr. Beth Potter and husband murdered at UW Arboretum, Madison, March 2020 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dr. Potter had her hands full. Miriam said "you don't talk to me". They should have had a heart to heart talk, mother and daughter about this guy. If M still wanted to see him then I would have given an ultimatum, you stop seeing him or your gone, but then this same thing could have happened cause that's why they/he killed they had to leave. I don't know what else she could have done. Did the father try to talk to the daughter about this guy? It's like they had no relationship with her. Maybe I'm wrong. JMO
Interesting questions. ^^^

Some new info here:

Dane County judge sends suspects in Arboretum double homicide to trial

“If you were to ask me my future goals after high school,” he wrote, “I would let you know that I want to go to college and major in political science and African American history. I also want to travel and write and do motivational speaking. My biggest goal in life is to convince the world that it is all of our responsibility to uphold the common good in society and implement youth voices in decision-making processes on policies that affect them.”

He was also arrested last year for car theft and accepted into a deferred prosecution program in February, according to online court records, and in a search warrant unsealed last week, a friend and neighbor of Potter said she knew Sanford from working at West and described him as “immature” and said he “didn’t follow procedures and they had to chase him down to go to meetings.”

The warrant also said that when Potter’s father was notified of his daughter’s death, he “immediately asked ... ‘Did Mimi’s (Miriam Carre’s) friend do it?’” and that Potter and “the boyfriend” had had arguments in the past.”

RSBM BBM

and the best way Khari Sanford can figure out to uphold the common good in society is to brutally murder a family practice physician at a non-profit clinic???

I want to see the names of the "community leaders" supporting this character. Perhaps they have a shared delusion???

JMHO YMMV LRR

Did Atty Weasel about Defendant's History?
...Attorney: One of the alleged teen killers may have been ignorant of murder plan “Covey says these accusations represent Larrue's first encounter with the criminal justice system of any significance....
"Through my understanding, there's absolutely no criminal history, even as a juvenile, not even an adjudication against Mr. Larrue," Covey tells 27 News.”
@stmarysmead sbm bbm Thx for quotes from atty, altho they seem imo to contradict each other or at least hang on the cusp of contradiction.

First, the stmt is hedged by "through my understanding." This early on, atty does not have all the def's background, history, etc, (maybe lived in other states?) so that particular hedging is not unexpected, imo.
But what does "first encounter.... of any significance" mean?
Does "first encounter" w CrimJust system mean no prior arrest, ever, even as a juvie?
or

Does "absolutely no" CrimHist, mean yes, prior arrest(s) but no conviction, no juvie adjudication, no probation, no diversion program, no nol pros, no judge's dismissal?
IDK.

Last edited:
Weaseling about Defendant's History?
@stmarysmead sbm bbm Thx for quotes from atty, altho they seem imo to contradict each other or at least hang on the cusp of contradiction.
First, the stmt is hedged by "through my understanding." This early on, atty does not have all the def's background, history, etc, (maybe lived in other states?) so that particular hedging is not unexpected, imo.
But what does "first encounter.... of any significance" mean?
Does "first encounter" w CrimJust system mean no prior arrest, ever, even as a juvie?
or

Does "absolutely no" CrimHist, mean yes, prior arrest(s) but no conviction, no juvie adjudication, no probation, no diversion program, no nol pros, no judge's dismissal?
IDK.
Good point!

KS's Time & Performance as Intern?
...Dane County judge sends suspects in Arboretum double homicide to trial “ ...Sanford was the Wanda Fullmore intern in the Madison City Council office last summer, apparently working from early July through Aug. 16, according to emails released to the Wisconsin State Journal under a public records request.
@stmarysmead sbm
A few other thoughts on above.
How Long?

Link to paper says "apparently working from early July to Aug 16." If July 1, ~ six weeks?
• "An 8-week summer internship opportunity" (<-- this for 2020. 2019 could have/bn different)
If it was an eight week program in 2019, did he finish it, or was he fired or asked to leave?
Link also describes him as "
the Wanda Fullmore intern" but looks like there may be many more.
"In 2020, Common Wealth will work with the City to place 25 youth in summer internships."*
Performance?
Anyone seen comments about his actual work as intern?
Or which Madison city dept or office he worked in? Here's a list from link:

Clerk’s Office
Community Development
Civil Rights
Economic Development
Engineering
Fire Department
Housing Division
Human Resources
Madison Public Libraries
Parks Division
Public Health
Water Utility

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Wanda Fullmore Summer Internship Program - Common Wealth

Self Descriptions. Accurate?
... Dane County judge sends suspects in Arboretum double homicide to trial “...initial hearing April 7, assistant public defender Diana Van Rybroek said she’d been contacted by community leaders in Madison concerned about Sanford, and that at the time of his arrest, he was halfway through his senior year at West High School, where he had been captain of the football team and was waiting to hear back from colleges he’d applied to attend. She did not name the community leaders.
In a message introducing himself to council members, Sanford described himself as “very active in clubs like BSU (Black Student Union) and I think of myself as very outspoken and determined.
“If you were to ask me my future goals after high school,” he wrote, “I would let you know that I want to go to college and major in political science and African American history. I also want to travel and write and do motivational speaking. My biggest goal in life is to convince the world that it is all of our responsibility to uphold the common good in society and implement youth voices in decision-making processes on policies that affect them.”....
@stmarysmead sbm bbm Hello again. My last comments on ^ article, ;)I promise.

I scrounged around in a few West H/S related sites.
--- Found verification for KS being on football team*, not sure about being captain.
--- Did not find his name on this school site** re BSU. He may be in group pix, Nov 2018. IDK.

About his ^ description of future goals, well, who knows, how accurate? jmo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
* "23 Khari Sanford 12 WR/DB 5'11'' 165"
Could he be captain? IDK. Not sure if this ^ info is from fall 2019 season.
^
Football
** https://west.madison.k12.wi.us/black-student-union

Self Descriptions. Accurate?
@stmarysmead sbm bbm Hello again. My last comments on ^ article, ;)I promise.

I scrounged around in a few West H/S related sites.
--- Found verification for KS being on football team*, not sure about being captain.
--- Did not find his name on this school site** re BSU. He may be in group pix, Nov 2018. IDK.

About his ^ description of future goals, well, who knows, how accurate? jmo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
* "23 Khari Sanford 12 WR/DB 5'11'' 165"
Could he be captain? IDK. Not sure if this ^ info is from fall 2019 season.
^
Football
** https://west.madison.k12.wi.us/black-student-union

One of the attorneys said he’d been Football Captain all 4 years. That’s seems a bit overblown too.

Great catch about the length of the internship!!

Is HE the source for this bloated faux resume? The more I read the more I think this kid had a real superior attitude about himself. I think some of these community supporters fed this sense of superiority...and that didn’t help.

Probably thought he could literally get away with murder.

Dr. Potter had her hands full. Miriam said "you don't talk to me". They should have had a heart to heart talk, mother and daughter about this guy. If M still wanted to see him then I would have given an ultimatum, you stop seeing him or your gone, but then this same thing could have happened cause that's why they/he killed they had to leave. I don't know what else she could have done. Did the father try to talk to the daughter about this guy? It's like they had no relationship with her. Maybe I'm wrong. JMO
There was obviously something unsettled in the family dynamic, and a lot we don't know about what had gone on in the household previous to this horrible crime. Daughter had dated him for a few months if I recall correctly. It seems from their actions, giving him a home, access to a vehicle, food, being able to share a room their high school age daughter, they went overboard in trying to accommodate the both of them. Maybe they had given up on trying to fix the situation. They were duped.

RSBM BBM

and the best way Khari Sanford can figure out to uphold the common good in society is to brutally murder a family practice physician at a non-profit clinic???

I want to see the names of the "community leaders" supporting this character. Perhaps they have a shared delusion???

JMHO YMMV LRR
Yes, me too.

One of the attorneys said he’d been Football Captain all 4 years. That’s seems a bit overblown too.

Is HE the source for this bloated faux resume? The more I read the more I think this kid had a real superior attitude about himself. I think some of these community supporters fed this sense of superiority...and that didn’t help.

That superior attitude may not fare so well behind bars - no intimate relations with your girlfriend, ordering takeout, no smart phone, internet access, etc., etc.

Has it been said who SD is??
I think we are not putting ourselves in the shoes of a teenager girl. Teenager girls are self absorbed and believe the world revolves around them. IMO, the texts about wanting to cry etc are because her boyfriend and his friend were acting weird/unpleasant to her. She is the center of her own universe. She does not stop to think about what they may have been up to. She is concerned only with how they are treating her. They blew her off- told her the friend got into a situation. She’s sulking in her texts to SD, and in the throes of her own drama where she is centre of the universe, not displaying a guilty mind.

Madison has been experiencing an outbreak of car thefts...by teenagers. I wonder if this is part of a gang initiation. Was this what motivated Khari?
In the summer, he’s the college bound local success story. A few months later, he’s stealing a car, posing proudly with a gun for his FB image, and flashing what look to be gang signs.

NBC15 Investigates: Teen Gang Culture in Madison

Uh, 4 years? Doesn't seem very possible. Unless he was the captain of the JV team, or the freshman team.

Gang Initiation?
Madison has been experiencing an outbreak of car thefts...by teenagers. I wonder if this is part of a gang initiation. Was this what motivated Khari?...
@stmarysmead Yes, could have been part of gang initiation. Did he have an unauthorized copy of key (depends on ease of getting a copy for that make & model). OTOH, if he had key to foster parents' car, would his homies "count" that as part of his gang intitiation? I do not recall circumstances re fosters being out of country and the car theft, but wasn't he found sleeping in it?
Maybe splitting hairs again. Okay, guilty.

I believe he disabled security cameras and then stole it. Somehow I doubt the foster family left him homeless...wouldn’t that have caused legal issues for them if revealed?

He probably was staying with “friends.” One of the activists who is in a well publicized photo with him said on FB that he lived with her on and off.

He strikes me as a kid that thinks everything should come easy. Remember the employee of the High School saying they “had to chase him down for meetings.” Immature, not responsible. He and Miriam are quoted looking for a way to get money...not by hard work and saving. No, somebody else’s “bands of cash.” They will just...take it.

Easy money.

Maybe breaking into his foster family’s garage was an “easy” way to comply with the gang initiation. Not too much risk...knew they were away,..knew where the security cameras were. But, as many of you point out, he’s not really very smart...just thinks he is.

Same thing with these murders. Just didn’t think it through very well.

Gang Initiation?
@stmarysmead Yes, could have been part of gang initiation. Did he have an unauthorized copy of key (depends on ease of getting a copy for that make & model). OTOH, if he had key to foster parents' car, would his homies "count" that as part of his gang intitiation? I do not recall circumstances re fosters being out of country and the car theft, but wasn't he found sleeping in it?
Maybe splitting hairs again. Okay, guilty.

duplicate -DBM

Uh, 4 years? Doesn't seem very possible. Unless he was the captain of the JV team, or the freshman team.
I agree, that claim would be highly unlikely.

Team captains are chosen for both outstanding playing ability and demonstrated leadership.

For Ks' claim to be accurate, he would of had to be identified as having those characteristics early in freshman year and then found to the retained the leadership characteristic following his arrest for car theft.

This, as you mentioned, is simply not very likely. Then factors in his lack of over all discipline and it gets even more unlikely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back