AMBER ALERT WI - Elijah Vue, 3 year old Elijah Vue, Two Rivers, 20 Feb 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Shania (sp?)
Yes, Shaniya.

All the horror stories I've read here and elsewhere, and hers is up there as one of the worst, one of the ones that still makes me feel sick to the stomach.

Whenever people suggest a child might have been sold, her little face comes right into my mind and all I can think is, 'no, no, you don't want *this* child's story to go that way, not ever'.

MOO

MAR 6, 2024
It is day 16 of searching and Manitowoc local, MM, decided to help the search for the second time this week.

"It needs to be done. If it were my family, I would want answers,” said MM. “A lot of roads to cover, a lot of miles. The more we can get covered, the more the family can move on and search more areas here."

After Two Rivers Police released photos of a 1997 Nissan Ultima in connection with the investigation, MM hopes a breakthrough will condense the search.

Yes, Shaniya.

All the horror stories I've read here and elsewhere, and hers is up there as one of the worst, one of the ones that still makes me feel sick to the stomach.

Whenever people suggest a child might have been sold, her little face comes right into my mind and all I can think is, 'no, no, you don't want *this* child's story to go that way, not ever'.

MOO
There was another adult in her horrific story I absolutely despised. I hear they were doing a lecture circuit. IMO

I had read that Katrina was of limited means but not that she is on SSDI. If so, I am curious as to the reason. Did that info come from her hearing? Could you point me to a link or start point about this info? TIA
Yes. From her initial bond hearing!

It’s right at the beginning of the hearing:

MAR 7, 2024
Baur and Vang are expected to appear at the Manitowoc County Courthouse at 10:30 Thursday morning.

MANITOWOC, Wis. (WBAY) - Elijah Vue’s mother, Katrina Baur, and her boyfriend, Jesse Vang, are expected back in court Thursday morning.
[snip]
Community search efforts led by Elijah’s family resumed Wednesday and will continue Thursday. People who want to join the search parties should go to the Mikadow Theater, 1118 Washington St., in Manitowoc. Search parties will leave at 9:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. each day through Sunday, based on the latest schedule.
Missing boy Elijah Vue’s mother, her boyfriend back in court for child neglect charges

Last edited by a moderator:
at 11:00 mark in the video linked above, prosecutors read a victim statement from Katrina's mother, who requests that there be no modification of the bond. She says Katrina has records in other states that they are not discussing in court. She has associates in other states. She is still defending Vang and her mother fears she will not appear and may leave the state. She knows the resource she had available but has chosen NOT to avail herself of them. She cut her mother out of her life in October of 2022. Paper may show limited income, but Katrina regularly has funds and unclaimed income in excess of that amount. She faked her own abduction in the past. She has a history of erratic behavior. Has TBI and mom doesn't feel court should lower her bond since Elijah is still missing. She has verbally and emotionally abused her mother and if she is released her mother wants a no contact order.

Wow, mom coming out strong. very different than the person on social media who was defending Katrina in the early days. I feel for Katrina's mother, not an enviable position to be in. That took a lot for her to write that statement and I applaud her for it.

Last edited:
"The answer lies with who's sitting in the county jail right now. A three-year-old little boy just doesn't walk off," said Yolanda Godfrey, who lives in Two Rivers

Katrina Baur appears before Manitowoc County court via Zoom, March 7, 2024. (WLUK)

Katrina Baur appears before Manitowoc County court via Zoom, March 7, 2024.

Last edited:
I'm watching the hearing, Katrina's mother wrote to the court to ask the she be denied the signature bond the defence is asking. Prosecution is reading now:

I joined the hearing late and was wondering who asked the signature bond be denied. How sad, but glad her mother wrote to the court.

Other arrests were things like Aggravated Battery, Resisting or Obstructing an Officer, Possession of Cocaine, Manufacture/Deliver Cocaine, Battery by Prisoner, Fleeing an officer and Criminal Damage to Property. Interestingly the newest one was 2007 which was quite a while ago. Perhaps he lived in another state after that, so his records wouldn't be found in WI records? Or perhaps he was in prison for a time. I just can't see a repeat offender of the above named crimes turning over a new leaf, although I suppose he could. Just not where I'm placing my bet. ;)

All found here and including his BD to rule out others with the same name:

What a fine, outstanding citizen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader