WI WI - James Yoblonski, 13, took family's car, found on USH 12, may be in Devil's Lake State Park area, Baraboo, 12 Jun 2023 *reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It was stated early on that James had made comments to friends about this sort of thing before and even asked how long they thought he could make it out in the woods. Having been a teenager many years ago and having my own trio of teenagers currently who often bring many more teenagers around, I could absolutely see a teenager being stubborn enough to rough it as long as possible just to prove they could do something or to win a bet.
Mmmm yeah but by now…..I suspect most would be missing someone or something….a friend, a phone, a family member…

I get what you're saying, but in that particular location, he would have other options, and IMO, most kids would have taken those options by this point. (After all, 7 weeks is a long time for actual, adult survivalists who know what they're doing to stay out in the woods by themselves!) And this isn't some isolated, inaccessible place hours from civilization. Even in the most out-of-the-way parts of the forest, it's probably less than five miles from a highway and maybe ten miles from the nearest town. There's campsites and emergency phones in the park as well. A kid with those options isn't just going to sit in the woods and slowly starve when he knows he can just walk out of there at any time.

IMO. MOO. IANAS. (I am not a survivalist)
Exactly. It is theoretically possible for a person to survive outdoors in that area during these summer months. However, each day that he's still missing makes this less likely. Fans of the survival competition show Alone know about all the different physical and especially mental challenges that a person can struggle with in these situations. I've never seen anyone do it for long without making fire in their campsite(s). If he's still out there playing survivor, I'd expect that eventually a fire would give away his location. Smoke visible during the day, or flames at night. I sincerely hope that he is found safe and healthy. But I doubt he just walks out of the woods. Would be an extraordinary feat of endurance and willpower if so.

Meanwhile the boy must be afraid to come home. He doesn't know, what kind of punishment awaits him there. It won't be peace, joy, pancakes (German phrase), that's for sure. IMO
I agree to an extent. I am a fan of the show Alone. But while I was talking about this case with a friend of mine who also likes alone, they pointed out that on the show they drop you off in the most remote locations with harsh environments and that in this area you would have much for access to things than on Alone.

However, with that said, I am starting to think there has to be something more going on than him just camping out in the woods there for this long. Although I believe it's possible, I'm not sure how likely it is.

Amateur speculation of course and MOO.

I agree to an extent. I am a fan of the show Alone. But while I was talking about this case with a friend of mine who also likes alone, they pointed out that on the show they drop you off in the most remote locations with harsh environments and that in this area you would have much for access to things than on Alone.

However, with that said, I am starting to think there has to be something more going on than him just camping out in the woods there for this long. Although I believe it's possible, I'm not sure how likely it is.

Amateur speculation of course and MOO.
Maybe, one of the infamous truckers took him as a hitch hiker? Idk, how far JY would have had to go for that.

From the source discovered by @EIM is this -

[…]

On Thursday morning, the Sauk County Sheriff's Office announced deputies have looked through two devices -- one owned by the Yoblonski family, and one issued to the teen from the Baraboo School District -- for any clues and found two web browser searches about means of traveling out of state.

Authorities also found "several" searches for locations in Wisconsin, but did not specify what those locations were. Investigators did search those areas, though, but found no evidence that Yoblonski was ever there.

[…]

Finally more news! This makes me wonder if he was in contact with someone who picked him up.

In the Thursday update, investigators said they've also conducted searches on several electronic devices that were believed to have been in Yoblonski's possession before he disappeared. Investigators said they found several internet searches inside physical locations inside the state. Each of these browser searches were followed up with physical searches in several areas. However, they said they have not produced any evidence that Yoblonski was ever there after his disappearance.

I have followed James' story since his disappearance on this thread. I have not posted, just watched daily for updates in hopes that he would be found safe. His picture that was released sparked a memory, in that I was James Yoblonski. I was a unique, adventurous and fearless young teen very similar to him. I connected with his story.

I pray that he is on an adventure of a lifetime. And somehow, remaining safe and whole and unharmed. And, that one day this kid will write a book about it.

Peace

"Maybe that'll relieve people," Bill Yoblonski said. "I had nothing to do with my son's disappearance."

"At first, I was upset, but now that I know that proves that I'm innocent and I had nothing to do with it, it's a relief in a little," Bill Yoblonski explained.

"Maybe that'll relieve people," Bill Yoblonski said. "I had nothing to do with my son's disappearance."

"At first, I was upset, but now that I know that proves that I'm innocent and I had nothing to do with it, it's a relief in a little," Bill Yoblonski explained.

Article says FBI now assisting with investigation. To be honest I've been wondering for a while about their involvement in a potential child abduction case but good to see.

AUG 3, 2023
[...]

William Yoblonski still gets tips about his missing son’s whereabouts, though not as many as he would like. Regardless, he plans to search the bluffs in Baraboo and Devil’s Lake State Park on Friday and over the weekend.

[...]

William feels like a suspect because he heard that the sheriff’s office was contacting his distant and estranged relatives, including a daughter currently living in prison.

“You’re looking in the wrong spot,” he said. “Find my son. You’re wasting time, money and resources. Start looking where you should be, not at these spots here.”

[...]

Finally more news! This makes me wonder if he was in contact with someone who picked him up.
If he left willingly and is still well and alive, it would make sense that another person is helping him and/or is with him. He is just young teen. I don’t think he could survive for this long by himself. If he left with the intention to survive outdoors all by himself, I can’t imagine a good outcome at this point.

AUG 4, 2023
Federal investigators have been providing "technical assistance" in the investigation into the disappearance of James Yoblonski, 13, for about the last two weeks, according to Sauk County Sheriff's Det. Sgt. Drew Bulin, including polygraph tests of family members and potential witnesses.

The agency's involvement is currently "as needed," Bulin said, adding that could change if new developments require more assistance. Efforts to reach an FBI spokesperson Thursday afternoon were unsuccessful.

Sgt. Drew Bulin, a detective with the Sauk County Sheriff's Office, told WiscNews on Thursday that the FBI joined the search about two weeks ago. Bureau investigators have been administering lie-detector tests to family members and potential witnesses, Bulin said.

Last edited:
1691192362680.jpeg

1691192219085.jpeg
Daily Mail

Investigators have appealed for help from anyone who believes they might have seen James or has information about him to contact them on 608-355-4495.

Tips can also be given anonymously via Crime Stoppers on 1-888-TIP-SAUK (1-888-847-7285).

I have followed James' story since his disappearance on this thread. I have not posted, just watched daily for updates in hopes that he would be found safe. His picture that was released sparked a memory, in that I was James Yoblonski. I was a unique, adventurous and fearless young teen very similar to him. I connected with his story.

I pray that he is on an adventure of a lifetime. And somehow, remaining safe and whole and unharmed. And, that one day this kid will write a book about it.

Peace
I pray that you are right. His mischievous little face tugs at my heart, I want this guy found safe and secure.

I thought of Michael Ramirez from 2020 staying at a teacher's house whose son he had been friends with. He walked right back into his own family's home after two years. Posters, flyers and pleas all went unanswered but he was safe all the same.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444
Back