WI WI - James Yoblonski, 13, took family's car, found on USH 12, may be in Devil's Lake State Park area, Baraboo, 12 Jun 2023 *reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Some MNM are picking up James' story since yesterday. Noting new but still in the news.

13-year-old James Yoblonski missing for more than a month, may be trying to live off the grid in Wisconsin​

Who Is James Yoblonski? Teenage Boy May Be Attempting 'Survivalist Mission'​

Some MNM are picking up James' story since yesterday. Noting new but still in the news.

13-year-old James Yoblonski missing for more than a month, may be trying to live off the grid in Wisconsin​

Who Is James Yoblonski? Teenage Boy May Be Attempting 'Survivalist Mission'​

unsure if there are behavioral issues going on or if this is genuine youthful curiosity. Not much information is known....but I'm intrigued about how he hasn't resurfaced in over a month.

unsure if there are behavioral issues going on or if this is genuine youthful curiosity. Not much information is known....but I'm intrigued about how he hasn't resurfaced in over a month.
It's getting longer for sure, but the weather is still favorable. I think James could still be out there. I hope so

For her part, she believes something happened to James out in the woods after two weeks missing.

"He might be crafty and have survivalist guides and skills, but he is only 13," she said. "Never did I ever think Laurie would disappear in 1992, but she's been gone 31 years."

Their families only interacted once a year, Mary said, but she remembered James as "a scamp and a rabble-rouser" who loved playing pranks when he was younger.

Yoblonski is described by authorities as a white male, standing 5'11" tall, and weighing 120 lbs. He has a 1/2" scar on the back of his neck. Yoblonski was last seen wearing red shoes, blue jeans, an unknown shirt, and a baseball hat.

Anyone with information on Yoblonski's whereabouts is urged to contact the Sauk County Sheriff's Office at 608-355-3508.

BARABOO, Wis. (WMTV) - Almost seven weeks after 13-year-old James Yoblonski went missing in Baraboo, his father feels frustrated with investigators and feels like he’s being treated as a suspect.

William Yoblonski still gets tips about his missing son’s whereabouts, though not as many as he would like. Regardless, he plans to search the bluffs in Baraboo and Devil’s Lake State Park on Friday and over the weekend.

William also sees social media comments that point the finger at him.

The Sauk County Sheriff’s Office has not stated that they have a suspect or that they are investigating anyone. Since the investigation started with a two week long search of the bluffs, investigators maintained that they believe James set out to live off the grid as a survivalist on his own.

William said the survivalist theory could be true, but also said he thinks someone kidnapped his son and may have set up a camp site to distract investigators.

On Friday, William said he believes police view him as a suspect.

“Oh yeah most definitely,” he said. “It’s hurtful for one. I love my kids and I would do anything for them. I wouldn’t do something like this. I didn’t hurt my son. No way. I’m strict with my kids. My boys will tell you the same thing, I’m very strict, but I want them to succeed and do better than I did.”

William feels like a suspect because he heard that the sheriff’s office was contacting his distant and estranged relatives, including a daughter currently living in prison.

“I’ve done everything,” he said. “I’ve been open and honest with the officers. I’ve turned over all of my memory cards from cameras at my house, my business and everything.”

When asked directly by NBC15 News if William knows where his son James is, he responded with the following statement:

“No. If I did he’d be home right now. That’s why I put out the reward because the tips had stopped pretty much and I just want him home,” he said. “I will do whatever it takes to get my son home safe.”

William asks that anyone with information call 9-1-1 or the Sauk County Sheriff’s Office at 608-355-3508.

Sauk County Sheriff Chip Meister and Lieutenant Steve Schram were out of the office on Friday, but sent a statement Thursday night saying they’re continuing to search for James.

The Sauk County Sheriff’s Office has not stated that they have a suspect or that they are investigating anyone. Since the investigation started with a two week long search of the bluffs, investigators maintained that they believe James set out to live off the grid as a survivalist on his own.

William said the survivalist theory could be true, but also said he thinks someone kidnapped his son and may have set up a camp site to distract investigators.

“Oh yeah most definitely,” he said. “It’s hurtful for one. I love my kids and I would do anything for them. I wouldn’t do something like this. I didn’t hurt my son. No way. I’m strict with my kids. My boys will tell you the same thing, I’m very strict, but I want them to succeed and do better than I did.”

William feels like a suspect because he heard that the sheriff’s office was contacting his distant and estranged relatives, including a daughter currently living in prison.

“I’ve done everything,” he said. “I’ve been open and honest with the officers. I’ve turned over all of my memory cards from cameras at my house, my business and everything.”

sbm. Thanks for sharing. Regardless of who or what's getting looked at, it's nice confirmation that police aren't so tunnel-visioned on a runaway/playing survivalist angle.

For her part, she believes something happened to James out in the woods after two weeks missing.

"He might be crafty and have survivalist guides and skills, but he is only 13," she said. "Never did I ever think Laurie would disappear in 1992, but she's been gone 31 years."

Their families only interacted once a year, Mary said, but she remembered James as "a scamp and a rabble-rouser" who loved playing pranks when he was younger.
You must have a paid subscription. I dont have one.
Found anothet article:
USA Today report

Who is Laurie & is she related to James?
Im curious about this. Seems wild but I guess it's possible. How do we have 2 missing ppl in 1 fam?

"James Yoblonski......is a great-nephew of Andy Wegner, who is married to Laurie Depies' mother Mary Wegner."...

"Laurie Depies of Appleton, disappeared from outside her boyfriend's apartment complex at age 20 on Aug. 19, 1992."
From her missing poster. Her friends heard her pull into the apt. complex but she nvr made it inside & she's still missing.
1690638026339.png

Last edited:
You must have a paid subscription. I dont have one.

Who is Laurie & is she related to James?
Laurie is her daughter, who disappeared in 1992, never be found. And Laurie and her mother are relatives of the missing James.
James Yoblonski, who went missing June 12, is a great-nephew of Andy Wegner, who is married to Laurie Depies' mother Mary Wegner.

I have no subscription, but have access. Don't know, why.

I think the living in the woods stuff is wishful thinking. I don't think James is around anymore. MOO
Absolutely this. No way has a 12 year old been living in the woods for nearly 2 months by himself.
And if he wasn't by himself, I don't think he (they) were in there too long before moving on.
And that place has been searched by police, helicopters and dogs many times over.
He's not there.

Haven’t heard this one in forever lol
I’m gonna bring this back into the mix of colorful descriptions now lol

BARABOO, Wis. (WMTV) - Almost seven weeks after 13-year-old James Yoblonski went missing in Baraboo, his father feels frustrated with investigators and feels like he’s being treated as a suspect.

William Yoblonski still gets tips about his missing son’s whereabouts, though not as many as he would like. Regardless, he plans to search the bluffs in Baraboo and Devil’s Lake State Park on Friday and over the weekend.

When asked directly by NBC15 News if William knows where his son James is, he responded with the following statement:

“No. If I did he’d be home right now. That’s why I put out the reward because the tips had stopped pretty much and I just want him home,” he said. “I will do whatever it takes to get my son home safe.”

William asks that anyone with information call 9-1-1 or the Sauk County Sheriff’s Office at 608-355-3508.

Sauk County Sheriff Chip Meister and Lieutenant Steve Schram were out of the office on Friday, but sent a statement Thursday night saying they’re continuing to search for James.
So far I'm not buying father is involved....to me it seems he ran away into the woods and something happened out there. That's just my opinion based on known facts.....I mean you can't get tunnel vision obviously and everyone needs to be looked at. When it's all said and done though, this doesn't seem like a stranger kidnapping, or dad being involved. It just seems like he got a wild hair/ran away and got more than he bargained for IMO for now.

I still don't think he was in the woods for a 2 whole weeks by himself.

Either he came across a homeless person/encampment and was enticed away

Or

He was only in the woods for a couple of nights, got bored/scared/hungry, left the woods of his own accord .....and then ran into trouble. Maybe taken as he was walking down a road by himself or something?

Just trying to come up with plausible scenarios.

Last edited:
I still don't think he was in the woods for a 2 whole weeks by himself.

Either he came across a homeless person/encampment and was enticed away

Or

He was only in the woods for a couple of nights, got bored/scared/hungry, left the woods of his own accord .....and then ran into trouble. Maybe taken as he was walking down a road by himself or something?

Just trying to come up with plausible scenarios.
I'm on the fence - I really don't know what to think. But I am VERY curious how he is handling the mosquitoes. No joke. Two weeks in the woods would require a lot of repellant or you would go crazy. So, does he have a stash of bug spray?

jmo

I'm on the fence - I really don't know what to think. But I am VERY curious how he is handling the mosquitoes. No joke. Two weeks in the woods would require a lot of repellant or you would go crazy. So, does he have a stash of bug spray?

jmo
Oh, I think he was only in the woods for a night or two. Boredom, hunger and the mosquitoes probably drove him out!

ALL IMO.

This incident gives me hope James is still alive. These kids were alone for 40 days and the oldest was only 13 taking care of an 11 month old, 4 yo, & 9 yo (not to mention they survived a plane crash!). Plus this happened in the actual jungle. James is in the Wisconsin forest in the summer... If he was your traditional U.S. rural kid that grows up learning self-reliance, I wouldn't at all be surprised he's still alive. Rural kids are raised/built differently than city/suburban kids, just sayin'.

James, I'm not counting you out!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444
Back