WI WI - James Yoblonski, 13, took family's car, found on USH 12, may be in Devil's Lake State Park area, Baraboo, 12 Jun 2023 *reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JUN 25, 2023
[...]

Dozens gathered to search near where Yoblonski is believed to be possibly living off the grid as a survivalist. Family and volunteers from the community combed through the woods looking for any clues as to where Yablonski might be.

"Especially after this many days, you know, he could be anywhere, he could be hurt, you know, anything so your mind just kind of jumps from one scenario to another," said Yablonski's aunt Mary Wegner. "I just hope we find some evidence or some closure to this whole thing."

[...]

The search comes after the Sauk County Sheriff's department said they were shifting their focus to more targeted efforts ...

When asked about the decision to search anyway, Yoblonski's father told News 3 Now the Sheriff can't stop them from looking, and he just wants to find his son no matter what it takes.

[...]

JUN 25, 2023
[...]

James' father, Bill Yoblonski, posted about Sunday's search on Facebook saying "all and any persons that want to help in the search, friends, family, anyone."

Bill said volunteers found a camp site during the search on Sunday. The campsite looked to be recently abandoned, with materials that were dry in spite of the heavy rain overnight. While there was no siting of the teen, the campsite indicates he may be close to the area.

All participants of the search were safely signed-in and signed-out.

[...]

5’11” at 13, able to drive that car, survivalist skills - I am rooting for this kid. I hope so much he reappears. He was born 200 years late, back then we looked at that kid and called him [future president] “Andrew Jackson,” who did much the same in Tennessee and Kentucky at that age, minus the driving the car, of course. I pray this isn’t a family abuse case (I have seen no evidence that it is) and that this resolves well.
I am rooting for him as well, and with my rose colored glasses on I am hoping he recently read My Side of the Mountain, and is giving it a go himself. Seriously, though, I am hoping he is home safely soon.

I'd love to know which books he has on him. Might give some clues on where to focus searches. I have a ton of them and all of them have different aspects they focus on. If he's been planning this for some time, he could have done plenty of research on what resources were available in different areas. I'm also curious if he was able to stockpile any supplies beyond food.

He's obviously very mobile if LE believe he's intentionally evading searchers and hasn't been spotted yet. Makes me think he's probably either cowboy camping or maybe has a tarp. Also sounds like he ditched a lot of non-essentials that would have just been weighing him down at the first campsite they found.

My big fear with him trying to evade searchers is how much extra water is required and how many extra calories he's burning while he's on the move. I also can't imagine he's sleeping well at all. Based on his height and weight, he doesn't have any extra cushion to burn off if he runs out of food for any length of time.

Curious if James' mom will speak up ?
And, will there be a press conf. to try to plead with James in case he is at a place where he'd have internet or tv access ?
It's been too long to be hunkered down in the woods !
I'm more worried about human predators than animals.
Imo.

I'd love to know which books he has on him. Might give some clues on where to focus searches. I have a ton of them and all of them have different aspects they focus on. If he's been planning this for some time, he could have done plenty of research on what resources were available in different areas. I'm also curious if he was able to stockpile any supplies beyond food.

He's obviously very mobile if LE believe he's intentionally evading searchers and hasn't been spotted yet. Makes me think he's probably either cowboy camping or maybe has a tarp. Also sounds like he ditched a lot of non-essentials that would have just been weighing him down at the first campsite they found.

My big fear with him trying to evade searchers is how much extra water is required and how many extra calories he's burning while he's on the move. I also can't imagine he's sleeping well at all. Based on his height and weight, he doesn't have any extra cushion to burn off if he runs out of food for any length of time.
This is what I read so far regarding the books
Snipped
He is likely in possession of one of a series of books entitled 'living off the grid,' which has information in it to survive in the woods by yourself, including water filtration, how to build camps," Schram said. "Some of that is what's leading us to believe that the structures that we're finding are probably left by James, because they're built in a way that mirrors what was in that book

Snipped
He is likely in possession of one of a series of books entitled 'living off the grid,' which has information in it to survive in the woods by yourself, including water filtration, how to build camps," Schram said. "Some of that is what's leading us to believe that the structures that we're finding are probably left by James, because they're built in a way that mirrors what was in that book
Even if he survives the summer ... it's going to get cold, even in Oct.
:(

If the temporary camp shows possible signs of not being too old , they need to utilize SAR dogs asap !!!

Snipped
I read that, but unfortunately, there are several books titled "Living Off the Grid" and a million others with similar titles and I couldn't find a series by that name when I looked, but there are SO many off-the-grid/survival books on the market. It probably doesn't matter that much and most will have an overlap of the same information.

I'm hoping constantly moving will wear him down so much that he'll eventually see the light and want to be found or seek help. It's definitely not going to be a sustainable option long-term even if he's severely rationing the food he's brought.

Hope he's found safe very soon. This is worrying in more ways than one.

Regarding leaving his cell phone behind, I feel that would be unexpected for a teenager. But perhaps that means this is a challenge for him. Making sure everyone knew where he went, then seeing how long he can hide?

So I hope and pray the gun is really just for "protection" and soon he's going to come out of hiding.
JMO/IMO.

The only semi-new article I can't even post because it's so locked down behind a paywall the only way to get any info is googling.

But it appears to just be more in-depth of the pretty distant connection of someone in James' family and another missing person case from 30+ years ago.

It's crazy this story has just gone so cold publicly that unless you're a subscriber, you can't even read the one article that's been posted since the articles about his dad trying to get a search coordinate and that's over a week ago now.

"Law enforcement's main focus, Schram said, is ruling out other possible explanations for Yoblonski's disappearance, including whether or not the teen might have gotten support from someone else.

If and when new information comes in that might help locate Yoblonski, Schram said the sheriff's office has personnel on standby to react. No large-scale searches were planned as of Thursday, but that could change at a moment's notice."

WKOW posted today as well basically saying they aren't hearing back from LE when they inquire each week for any sort of update.

Hi all - many are wondering why there hasn’t been any updates or follow up on the search for missing 13yo James Yoblonski.

We (the team at WKOW) are still actively looking into his disappearance and inquiring about it.

To be transparent- we have tried reaching out to Sauk County Sheriff Chip Meister and Sauk County Lt. Steven Schram on a weekly basis but our calls and e-mails are not being answered.

JUL 6, 2023
Sheriff’s Office Lieutenant Steven Schram said Thursday that detectives are combing through digital and forensic evidence, looking for any clues or patterns that may determine where Yoblonski is.

“We remain committed to pursuing all other alternative possibilities as they arise to determine their validity, and should new information come to light we have personnel ready to resume physical searches,” Schram said.

Why is it suddenly everywhere after days of complete silence? To all say almost the same information with nothing new but at least they pick up he story again. That's a good thing!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreenJenny
Back