Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you consider him just lucky to take and conceal a 13 year old girl the whole state is looking for?
Leave not one clue as to his identity in a home where he slaughtered two people and kidnapped another! Leaving nothing on social media. Has the locals, state and fbi using almost four months of manpower with nothing!

I'd call him brilliant!
When you live an isolated existence, you don’t have to work particularly hard to conceal a kidnapping victim.

Neighbors were apparently unaware that he even lived there, let alone had a kidnapping victim with him.

There are serial killers who were able to kill many dozens of people before law enforcement ultimately caught up to them.

Some of them have very low IQ’s.

They got away not because they were brilliant, but because they were not connected to their victims in any way.

That appears to be the case here.

He’s not “brilliant,” he just benefited from circumstance.

Law enforcement was basically chasing a ghost.

Following in his brother's footsteps? Read that article about the brother's criminal record. It might shed a little light.

Thanks... for info .... stunning...
hope jayme didn’t get catfished thinking she’s talking to 15yr old... if he texted and used aliases he could likely get all info he needed..prior to plan..Hope that’s not the case..

Hindsight is 20/20 but how about if law enforcement had started looking at these rural cabin properties in general terms such as: lets identify properties occupied by lone males (especially unemployed) who over-winter.

Gordon wi is almost quaint bygone era cabins right ... I’m guessing if you want restaurant or anything at all u go to Duluth or Barron .... and maybe perp just drove by closs home quite a bit...

I can’t believe you’d raise kids in Gordon wi...600 people is small ... and not enough for schooling... did he commute to school..
that’s just odd place to raise family...not odd to have getaway place odd to raise family there
Gordon may indeed be quaint, but it's a wonderful way of life, country living and woods and water; God's Country in my book. Which is why I spent over 30+ years there. I moved for my career after divorce; options for decent paying jobs in the area are nil. A few little restaurants between Solon Springs, Gordon, Barnes, Wascott & Minong. All within driving distance but don't leave home on empty :). If I could move back there tomorrow, I would!

If this guy is just now 21, is it even possible to have served an entire enlistment of 4 years (which most branches of our military require 3+ at a minimum, as far as I know). I thought 18 was the minimum age to enlist..
I doubt it. If he had served that long, there would likely be some documentation of it somewhere. If anything, he would not have made it very far. I think that's what the assumption is. Imo

I didn’t say that LE needs to find how the suspect is known to the family. I said connected to—how he even knew who Jayme was. And I am speaking as a parent. I want to know how he chose her. And if someone 70 miles from me can choose my child to abduct, how is he/she choosing?

This is a very important question that hopefully will be answered soon. He could have seen Jayme one day, somewhere in a public place, in a crowd perhaps, and became infatuated. It could be that simple--no connection at all beyond that. Sometimes stalkers do their deeds in stealth mode where no one knows they are there, at least not initially.

You never can tell what people will do when they get an abnormal focus on someone or some thing. If he saw her and decided he wanted her, he may have fantasized either briefly or at length about having her, and from there he hatched a plan.

I apprec

Great post, I was feeling the same way. I think it may be empowering for her to testify and something she may regret not doing. I bet she is tougher than some think. She did nothing wrong, she is a survivor. If she did indeed suffer sexual assault the shame would be feeling she had to be protected from it. She is strong, she will get through this. I understand wanting to protect her but that's not real nor therapeutic in my opinion

It's a whole new world we are living in today. The stigma that so many girls and boys that were sexually assaulted had is now lifted thanks to the brave survivors who tell their stories and March in the Me Too!

Telling doesn't make the victim feel dirty and ashamed anymore! It makes them brave and responsible and allows them to open the door for the next victim of sexual assult!

It doesn’t take a lot of intelligence to do what he did.

He brazenly attacked a home in the middle of the night, ultimately escaping by the skin of his teeth.

He apparently had a living situation already in place that allowed him and Jayme to remain undiscovered.

He was served well by an apparent lack of direct connection to his victims.

He’s not a criminal mastermind. Far from it.

This crime didn’t require one to be “bright.”

Yup. He just had a lot of things going for him in this situation, like 1) targeted Jayme 2) a fairly specific plan in place, 3) probably watched the pattern of the family for a time, knowing how easy his escape would be and 4) a close but out of the way place to escape to, and 5) killing the witnesses of his crime, This is a very isolated area in NW, WI, especially in the winter months.

I apprec

Great post, I was feeling the same way. I think it may be empowering for her to testify and something she may regret not doing. I bet she is tougher than some think. She did nothing wrong, she is a survivor. If she did indeed suffer sexual assault the shame would be feeling she had to be protected from it. She is strong, she will get through this. I understand wanting to protect her but that's not real nor therapeutic in my opinion

Thank you. She is strong. Yesterday proved that.

Wondering.....is it possible the perp left the cabin this time and "let" Jayme escape.....wasn't he captured within(minutes)moments of her escape...
On account of the Sheriff’s statement that he was captured while apparently searching for Jayme, this seems unlikely.

Jayme got the last laugh.

beec9e-20190111-jake-thomas-patterson02.jpg

This is my letter to Mr. Jake Patterson,

Dear Mr. Patterson,

You are a sick man with no remorse. How could you have orphaned a little 13 year old girl, and held her captive? You caused her the worst three months of her life, and it was a miracle you were gone. Jayme was able to escape the horrors you must've caused her. I hope you realize you have no trust in me, and many other people. You caused the world to be upside down for an innocent community, and you treated a young lady like a doormat! You will never forget what you did, and I will never forgive you.

Sincerely,

TmmEye

Hindsight is 20/20 but how about if law enforcement had started looking at these rural cabin properties in general terms such as: lets identify properties occupied by lone males (especially unemployed) who over-winter.
There are laws about search. Have to have a reason. A pd can’t randomly search a property without reason or they could get sued. Just like they can’t search ur vehicle if u get stopped...unless u give permission or have reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amber42