Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip> Jayme is now 13 ½ years old. She has had 3 months of her life totally destroyed, kept in captivity and her parents murdered. We should respect that if and when Jayme wants to talk or tell her story she will when and if she is ready and old enough to do so. This 3 mth ordeal could impact the rest of her life one way or another depending on her personality, the strength of character and the professional help she may receive.

Believe you me folks my ordeal was disturbing and my family is just getting back to some sort of, normality. I can’t for the life of me imagine what Jayme’s ordeal was like she will have all sorts of things to deal with first and foremost her Mum and Dad are dead, she may well have witnessed or seen her parents murdered Not only that she has been removed from her home and kept in a strange place for 3 months in the middle of nowhere. Yes, there are lots of questions to be answered but I firmly believe we should leave LE and appropriate authorities to their job, leave Jayme alone safe in the knowledge she is alive and being looked after by her family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elizabeth Smart testified EIGHT YEARS after she was kidnapped. She was an adult by then.

This has nothing to do with "putting the stigma of rape on the survivor".

For me it has to do with trauma. Period.

But I also think it sort of has to do with an excited public's determination to hear details of abuse that a survivor may not want the public to hear. Sometimes people make excuses for why those details should be public and sometimes one of those excuses is that those of us who wish to afford a survivor privacy, are fostering the stigma of sexual assault.

She's a kid who can be retraumatized by reliving what happened to her and by the knowledge that a public desperate for details is hearing every bit of what occurred.

Elizabeth Smart didn't actually have therapy and she wasn't quizzed on the details by family when she escaped. Instead, she was surrounded by healthy family relationships and allowed to get back to a normal life as soon as possible. She went back to school. Her community treated her normally. She finished high school, went to college and became a missionary before she ever had to testify as to details.

She became a wife and mother before she spoke voluntarily on a tv program about what happened to her, in an effort to help other victims of abuse.

I hope JC can be equally protected and allowed to try to resume a normal life. I hope the creep pleads guilty so that JC can have some agency and the dignity and power of deciding if and when she speaks about the details of what she survived.
Who would determine the need for her to testify or not? Would she have any say in that? I guess the reason I ask is pondering the idea that she may actually want to testify.

I think this fund for safe Jayme is a good thing. She is going to need lots of help and counseling just as Elizabeth Smart got from her family. Money helps lighten the load. Her family will now have the resources to get her whatever she needs.
I'm curious if she has any health insurance? I'm sure her parents had her on their company policy but what now?

If her aunt becomes legal guardian or adopts that would be qualifying event making her eligible for her plan as a dependent till
Age 26 if full time student.

Does her aunt work? I thought she was the one that was the caretaker for Jayme while her parents worked.
BBM
Good observation.

I was under the impression that it was a hired nanny ?
It'd be interesting to hear from this caretaker, sitter, or whatever.
She has been silent about what she may have observed about the family dynamics, in the days leading up to the incident.
Sometimes caretakers know quite a bit about the child under their care, and the family as well.

I noticed his head was shaved in the picture with his mom bag in his mugshot which leads me to believe he always has a shaved head??

3 months after completely shaving your hair, your hair would be longer than his hair in the mugshot, right? If so, it seems he keeps his head buzzed cut
Confused about the "3 months"? I've been trying to find pics of him from over the last year or 2 to see if his hair was different but with no luck. The only one I have found was the one with his mother and sister but that was from 2015. If hair was always shaved or even often it wouldn't stand out to me like it does now. I would hate to think there are other victims though I am sure LEO would be on it. JMO x5
ETA link with pic info
https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/jake-patterson-family-erik-brother-father/

Who would determine the need for her to testify or not? Would she have any say in that? I guess the reason I ask is pondering the idea that she may actually want to testify.
I was wondering the same. She might want to avenge her parents and she and the perp are the only ones that know. Will there be 3 trials? Or will all the charges be tried as one?

What a wondrous outcome, for a brave young girl. So happy to keep seeing those words: Found Alive - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest*

Looking at the chart that another poster offered it appears that mom gave a quit claim deed to dad, something typical in divorce to take a name/claim off of a deed.

I may be reading the to and from incorrectly and will need to go look at the records myself to follow the links and find out. But in either case JP appears to have been given free rein of the property. And it was perfect since the neighborhood was was made up of part time homes for many, with different people “living” in each (vacation rentals).

I know that JP is said not to have a criminal background but it’s reasonable to think this was not his first. It ‘feels’ (to me) that he would’ve worked up to this crime after being successful in keeping other (lesser) crimes from pointing back at him. To me, it seems like a game to him.

I may have missed some posts overnight because I actually slept so I’m sorry if much of this has been shared by someone else.

All MOO

That makes total sense. He has done practice crimes.

Three years of doing nothing after high school has given him lots of time. I wonder what people should be looking at.

I wonder if he did burglary to support himself.

There is a correlation between sex offenenses and burglary

Linked earlier, but here is link again, with neighbor stating people came and went from the house.

Wisconsin Teen Jayme Closs Found Alive: ‘The Girl Just Came Out of the Woods’
Thanks, zecats.

Might be interesting to hear what those 'friends' have to say.
They could do it anonymously ....

And why won't LE release the 911 call ?

Is there something on it that LE does not want the public to hear ? Like the voices of 2 perps and LE cannot find the 2nd one ?
Or what ?

Thats what I'm saying. He has shaved head going back 3 years. Sheriff just feeding the media, IMO

I find Fitzgerald to be a straight shooter.

He knows this to be the truth or he wouldn't have ever mentioned it. He is not going to say anything he knows he cant backup.

There are different ways he could know all of this including knowing this suspect also carefully planned all of this out.

I imagine it's from his most reliable witness of all and is Jayme herself.

When Joe Duncan held Shasta and Dylan kidnapped for almost 2 months he discussed in great detail with Shasta how he entered their home and how he murdered her family with a hammer one by one showing her the murder weapon. He even told her how he had chosen her family and picked them to kidnap. He told her everything.

Jmo

Last edited:

Confused about the "3 months"? I've been trying to find pics of him from over the last year or 2 to see if his hair was different but with no luck. The only one I have found was the one with his mother and sister but that was from 2015. If hair was always shaved or even often it wouldn't stand out to me like it does now. I would hate to think there are other victims though I am sure LEO would be on it. JMO x5
ETA link with pic info
Jake Patterson’s Family & Brother: 5 Fast Facts to Know | Heavy.com

There’s pic of him as freshman in highschool... curly hair... says around senior year started shaving head and possibly going into marines ...? Then states no army or marines... and basically not much know in 3 yrs other than 1 day at jenni o...

That’s crazy to have 3 yrs and work 1 day.. how is he paying for 2 cars, buying weapons? There has to be something he’s done in 3 yrs prior to incident that’s traceable or known... even remote computer work or drug sales ... people would pop up and say something...bizarre...

JMO respectfully. To my knowledge JP has 3 charges (unless more were recently added). Some of what has been discussed (not bringing more attention to it by saying it) has reminded me of my own children and how they would worry about what others may be thinking or saying about them. I hope we can use caution when bringing up topics that have thus far been unfounded. Maybe I am being too sensitive and maybe I am totally off base but on top of all the immediate trauma I can imagine a child in this situation worrying that others think this or that happened whether it happened or not (especially when so young and something so sensitive). This is one of the ways victims are re-victimized. Sorry for the vagueness. I hope I made sense. I know some things will and have been discussed in respectable manners. It's just something to keep in mind.

I think there might be a possibility, since Jayme's a "ward of the state" until formal proceedings have concluded, she would be instantly eligible for CHIP

Do you have some sort of link/verifiable basis to think this? Or is that coming from a speculative discussion a few threads back? As far as I can tell from the sheriff’s press conferences yesterday, JC is in the care/guardianship/custody/whatever one wishes to call it of family members.

NB: I’m not “getting at” you personally, just wondering & trying to keep speculation & fact separate, especially as I’ve been guilty of conflating the two over the last few days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member