Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just possible that maybe he was seeking revenge on the parents? Maybe they had a hand in his short tenure at Jennie-O? Blamed them for his bad fortune job-seeking thereafter? Then after killing the pair realized their child, Jayme, was there, and couldn't bring himself to kill her too? Maybe she somehow appealed to him?
This is just a thought, MOO or maybe MODT-My Own Diverse Theory.
More likely she was the target, but still...

I thought this also only because his behavior towards jayme after the kidnapping...
I wonder if he had done that before, leaving until midnight, and if he did where did he go and what did he do. I got the impression there wasn't much to do up there, so where did he go for 3 to 4 hours?

With JP there is no telling ...he could constantly be visiting mother... or doing recon work on jaymes future roommate.

Was she kept in soundproof room bolted tight?? Basement room?? Did jayme grab the shoes and that’s first shoes for her in 90 days... the more your mind wanders the more jaymes courage stuns you.

I'd like to add one more:

4. He didn't think he was doing anything wrong, so of course she was nearby waiting for him.
And one more....hate to think of this but-as others have said-he didn’t think through the long term implications of the kidnapping (meaning what do I do with her now!) and her escape
Was his excuse to end her life....and maybe not in the house....

Off topic: but just listening to Tom Petty's "I won't back down" : so utterly reminded me of Jayme....

"You can stand me up at the gates of Hell. And I won't back down."

Last edited:
Quick question... with all the suspected planning that JP did, why did he end up in a situation where he had to kill 2 people?

IMO, he did not "end up in the situation", he premeditated it. His target was Jayme and IMO the only, and best way, to retrieve her was to blast in there (which he did) and take out her parents (which he did) and take off with her (which he did). I believe he absolutely went there with the intention of killing the parents, they were two obstacles/witnesses and he had to eliminate them to get Jayme. He is a killer.

He would have had to have gone back by the cabin to know she was gone, if he indeed was out looking for her, which hasn't been established for sure yet, as authorities have said both that he was and that he wasn't. If he did go back by the cabin and found that she was missing--why didn't he follow her footprints in the snow?

Icy . No foot prints in ice

You're missing the point. The point is that victims of TARGETED PERSONAL, severe, depersonalizing trauma such as forced abduction after seeing one's parents murdered ( most likely she saw or he told her soon as a control method), being held in a strange place perhaps with blindfolds, gags, bindings, handcuffs, deprivation of food, basic sanitation and any sense of time and place WOULD BREAK YOU AND A WAR- HARDENED POW in your spirit and parts of your mental processing.

Sure, you both would react " differently", all people process and react " differently", more accurately stated as uniquely individually, but enough research has been done on the subject for us to know without one iota of doubt that a conscious or partly conscious prisoner will have trauma to recover from in the future.

Also, you give the example of 2 car accident survivors where one deals better because they've been through many car accidents before.
I sincerely hope you are not saying that a survivor of abuse which is repeated responds less than one who has never been abducted and abused before. IOW, the analogy SUCKS.

Unless it is dealt with by the person in their own productive and healthy ways, usually with guidance and loving support, then they might as well still BE in the basement in the dark with little food, water, sanitation for the rest of their lives.

We cannot heal from this level of trauma we cannot acknowledge or admit and ask someone we trust to support us emotionally as we are dealing with the hdealing.

I actually think you are reading into my post and perhaps responding emotionally based on your experiences. Nothing you have said contradicts what I said so I’m not sure what point I’m missing .

To re-iterate my point was that no one responds the same to trauma. Period. We can’t say “well if you had this or that before a certain age” you will react this way or that way. It’s invalid.

The BRAIN is re-wired in trauma situations. Legitimately physically changes. Yes, someone who is exposed to repeated traumas will start to react less and less. Its called disassociation. It’s survival instinct and the brains way of protecting you. That doesn’t mean it isn’t traumatic. It is. Your default coping mechanisms are just different.

Everyone reacts differently to trauma. Everyone has to heal from it in their own ways. And at this point even experts aren’t sure what the “best practices” are. With recent studies on C-PTSD many of the things we thought were best practices may not be.

I was wondering how the utilities were at JP's house. With him not employed and possibly not paying bills, was there electricity, heat and running water?

And then the thought came to my mind, reading about the 1-day employment history, since both victims were supervisors at Jenny o's, did maybe one of them be the reason he was only employed for one day? And there's a revenge element?

True randomness seems remote to me.

Probably electricity still on dad's autopay.

He could have had motion detectors on WiFi or other methods to determine if she left - becoming cheaper and easier to use quickly. I agree more likely a clumsy test.

Odds of this being related to a one day job 3 years ago seems remote.

Okay, enough is enough. Members have been warned.

As per the opening posts of this thread (and many prior threads), off topic posts are being removed and thread reply bans are being issued.

He would have had to have gone back by the cabin to know she was gone, if he indeed was out looking for her, which hasn't been established for sure yet, as authorities have said both that he was and that he wasn't. If he did go back by the cabin and found that she was missing--why didn't he follow her footprints in the snow?

Icy . No foot prints in ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member