Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 164126 View attachment 164127 View attachment 164128

Inside the squalid basement 'cell' strewn with stuffed toys and filthy bedding where Jayme Closs spent 88 days as the prisoner of a 21-year-old loner in a cabin in the Wisconsin woods

Inside squalid basement 'cell' where Jayme Closs spent 88 days as prisoner of a 21-year-old loner | Daily Mail Online

Just horrendous.
"A stash of kids’ backpacks, including one with panda ears, can be seen piled up in one corner of the 8ft by 8ft room in images obtained exclusively by DailyMail.com. "

Could be an uh-oh moment. Why would he have these items and how did he get them?

I wonder if the pictures are truly from the crime scene. I'd like to see them from a more reliable source.

The pics don't appear authentic. One shows what appears to be at a sleazy dumpy motel as you can see a do not disturb sign on door and a wall ac/heat unit outside the door. JMO

I don't know if the property has even been cleared by LE but hopefully the ones who need to see these pics already are on top of it. MOO.

Regardless, it is absolutely disgusting to even entertain. Again, MOO.

Is that a bottle of nail polish remover in the bowl?

8487370-6588161-image-a-35_1547434714143.jpg

Inside squalid basement 'cell' where Jayme Closs spent 88 days as prisoner of a 21-year-old loner | Daily Mail Online
Whatever it is, it’s clearly been there longer than 88 days, considering how little is left.

Thanks for posting... good info.. makes more confusing...don’t know if there was life event.. his grandma passing in May last year... brother moving to CO.

I have no idea...it’s like this guy read into the wild and forgot the last two chapters...
That house looks frozen from 2000...

I’m wondering if you are on to something with the “life event”. Boot camp can cause serious changes to the mind, inner dislogs, etc. Some people report boot camp made them “snap” or they experienced trauma as a result. Just another possibility.

Yeah, we'll have to wait for more reporting on this; could be anything (injury during tech/follow-on school, improper conduct, requested separation). As of now, we don't really know whether he separated at all--he could have enlisted in the reserves (was never on an active-duty track), and was just back home per plan, obligated to reserve duties only.
Possible on reserve status but it explicitly states boot for 8 months.

The pics don't appear authentic. One shows what appears to be at a sleazy dumpy motel as you can see a do not disturb sign on door and a wall ac/heat unit outside the door. JMO

I don't know if the property has even been cleared by LE but hopefully the ones who need to see these pics already are on top of it. MOO.

Regardless, it is absolutely disgusting to even entertain. Again, MOO.
It looks like a basement room to me.

and had parents that seem to have up and left him (IMO). What was he like?

I knew someone this happened to, in high school. He was a senior & already 18 when I was a junior. He was living with his parents in a very nice apartment. His parents moved out, and didn't tell him a forwarding address. They left a note saying the rent was paid til the end of the month and then he was on his own.
We were friends rather briefly, until I realized that he was a criminal and a friendship with him was not a good path to be on. His parents didn't seem to give a hoot about what he did, and from what I observed he had no conscience whatsoever. But he was quite a likable guy.

I’m wondering if you are on to something with the “life event”. Boot camp can cause serious changes to the mind, inner dislogs, etc. Some people report boot camp made them “snap” or they experienced trauma as a result. Just another possibility.
The people who tend to have mental breakdowns at boot camp, are people who have undiagnosed or hidden conditions prior to arrival.

So the experience doesn’t cause it, but it can bring it out.

I never put stock in “studies” that don’t reveal the researcher, scientific method used, subjects tested, duration of study, etc. Total crock, IMO. Even this “study” admits increases of short-term aggression. I’ve watched users play these games & seen the depictions of “cool” shooters, heads exploding, blood spurting out. I don’t believe for one single minute that there is no adverse impact to the player. While most don’t recreate this violence in real life, an unstable mind could. I believe we’ll see a gaming connection with JTP. As with Adam Lanza & others.
Adam Lanza definitely had a gaming connection.
It looks like a basement room to me.
Just want to jump in. It does look to me like there was a trespasser from the surrounding area that took photos through the windows. And also removed items from the trash can, pics of junk in the yard. Submitted them to daily mail. They pay a lot for things like that. The house looks like an adult female did live there at some point, so that may explain the “diapers” that he no longer needed and just junked. The backpacks - who knows what this guy’s deal is with children. It could be part of his obsession/hoarding. And it looks like Jayme slept on that bed and used that big white stuffy as a pillow. All IMO.
And the Marine thing definitely helps clear up my confusion on how he was able to single-handedly do what he did.

Possible on reserve status but it explicitly states boot for 8 months.
Yeah - his mom posted a pic in August 2017 implying he may have been about to leave for boot.

My best guess is he enlisted in April, went through the normal months of testing and paperwork and waiting for a slot, and had a date with Marine boot camp destiny in August :) He lists December as the end of the boot camp thing (did he mean boot camp + tech?) A more experienced person would have listed boot and tech school separately, for impact, but he was only 20-ish, so...

Hard to tell at this point if he separated, or went into the Reserves. At least one of his friends believes he separated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member