AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Graphic post :

Wonder if the perp(s) had blood-stained clothing and threw it out the car window ?
Or if LE feels they got rid of other evidence from the house on again something on their person that became bloody ?
Fairly sure the perp wouldn't toss out a phone or anything.

Maybe he threw away something Jayme tried to take with her-- as it would be evidence ? (like if she grabbed a pen or something to communicate a message on ?)

If the perp tossed clothing--blood-stained or not, and if Jayme was drinking a Starbucks and spilled it on herself, LE and the searchers might be looking for that.

Trying to make sense of the press conference: Maybe the FBI thinks this creep killed her parents and is attempting to brainwash the girl. Telling her that he's all she has left now? If he were deranged and obsessed enough to think he could groom her after all of this to be both his hostage and lover then the presser could make sense if she was able to see it. It would remind her that she has other family who care still even though her parents are gone. That would both give motive for their killings and give context to the presser. Otherwise why commit a double homicide, pull that much more attention to yourself and be that much more likely to get caught?

I think that would fit under the category of Intimacy Seeking Stalker. He wouldn't be driven just by sexual motive but desperate for a girlfriend he could control and force to "love" him how he wants to be "loved". It would never work unless she could be brainwashed into thinking her family is totally gone.

Pure speculation of course... My amateurish attempt at building a psychological profile. I really hope her family doesn't read this forum. I can't imagine what they are going through as it is.

It was I who said I felt I was reading some lowkey shade at the victims and family in the last thread. We're all trying to figure this out. I'm pretty sure there's no one on this site hoping there's a 13 year old missing forever; that doesn't even comport with humanity.

Theories go sideways by speculating the family or victim was somehow complicit or involved. It breaks my heart to imagine Jayme coming home one day and reading folks say she was involved in this. I'd hate it if her family or school friends saw that. We need to help, not add to anyone's pain; so yeah, if a theory hurts a victim, I think it needs to stay in your head.
<modsnip - off topic>

Jayme is a child. And no twisted killer has accused her of a crime she clearly didn’t commit. We have zero information that indicates Jayme is anything other than a victim. TOS prevent me from suggesting how others should post, so I will just say if I were interested in entertaining “victim vs perp” theories I would start a private thread and invite like-minded posters to join that conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:
If that were the scenario I would think (this is brutally honest):
A: They ran out of time and were concerned about possibly being low on ammunition.
B: Much like their desire to not harm the dog, the child had done nothing wrong either but they couldn’t just leave her as a witness.
C: The plan might have been to take them both but mom broke away to call 911 so she was killed.
D: The person was attached after having known or watched the family even distantly, attachments and fondness can develop
E: Someone else mentioned this (I’m sorry I forgot who?) she reminded them of Jayme’s mother.

I’ve always had this strange feeling whoever it was waited until they knew that the father would be home.
You reminded me of a question I had and may have incidentally skipped or missed the answer. Has anyone said what the work hours or shifts would be for JC's position at Jenny-O? Or even what general work hours are.
ETA grammer.

It would be interesting to see what size mattress (as to who it belongs to) they removed from the property as mentioned in the press conference - I know I slept in a single until at least 15.

I think judging from the tone of the press conference they still strongly believe Jayme is alive and with the perp. Given the details we know about potential vehicles and nothing found on the ground search, she is likely to be with someone/s who is able to drive or has access to a vehicle. They were so careful in wording of family/police statements that makes me think they are waiting for just the right tip to confirm what they are thinking.

I can’t make sense of it, other than the offender did have some time in the house before the shooting started. Pure speculation and no media source, so my opinion. I appreciate the good work here by a fisherman looking at the knots on the screen capture of the chair being taken out of the house (I scroll through the threads so quickly, I can’t seem to remember the names, like we all do) but that was interesting to me.

There is NO evidence provided by the media that anyone was tied to the chair, so hope that helps. And IMO, the ropes/laces looked clean cut across to me, in the pictures. Whether they were cut away from a cushion or something else, I don’t know.

Can someone share those pics of the chair?

Did anyone notice 2 red stains on the side of that chair when enlarged? (Perhaps it’s just my computer screen.)

Trying to make sense of the press conference: Maybe the FBI thinks this creep killed her parents and is attempting to brainwash the girl. Telling her that he's all she has left now? If he were deranged and obsessed enough to think he could groom her after all of this to be both his hostage and lover then the presser could make sense if she was able to see it. It would remind her that she has other family who care still even though her parents are gone. That would both give motive for their killings and give context to the presser. Otherwise why commit a double homicide, pull that much more attention to yourself and be that much more likely to get caught?

I think that would fit under the category of Intimacy Seeking Stalker. He wouldn't be driven just by sexual motive but desperate for a girlfriend he could control and force to "love" him how he wants to be "loved". It would never work unless she could be brainwashed into thinking her family is totally gone.

Pure speculation of course... My amateurish attempt at building a psychological profile. I really hope her family doesn't read this forum. I can't imagine what they are going through as it is.
I could see this. If we were to go with theory that maybe Jayme was groomed by an online predator, your psychological profile would make sense.

I wonder why LE is only asking for information on Highway 8 for the hours between 00:30 and 01:30? I wish they would have went back a few hours just in case there may have been suspicious activity before then. MOO.

They are probably assuming the perp parked on the shoulder briefly to commit the crime because pulling into a driveway that late at night in an area like that would draw a lot of attention. I used to live in a similar area (off a small highway but sparsely populated) and at night time I wouldn't even notice if someone pulled off the shoulder in front of my house unless maybe they put their hazard lights on and you could see it flashing through the windows. But you would immediately notice someone pulling into your driveway that late at night. It makes a lot of noise (distinct noise), lights shine directly into your windows, etc..

If they asked for any such behavior along a huge road for a longer period of time they'd get a bunch of tips that turn out to be nothing and they'd waste their time. But if someone came forward saying there was a car parked on the shoulder, near that house at that time period it's probably something big.

Then why not say that at the press conference? A reporter asked a direct question about that incident. Also FBI agent would not answer the question about not having any a suspect in mind, rather he said he would tell what they were doing, not what they have....something to that effect. Curious response, imo
I thought he said when we have a suspect, you will be the first to know..

I think maybe it's helpful to discuss the mistakes of a victim to act as a warning for other innocents.

But so far we have no indication that any of these victims made any "mistakes." In addition, you can watch all the true crime shows available on the ID channel, take self-defense classes, and carry some kind of deterrent but you still can't always control what happens in a situation.

IMO, I believe that LE and the FBI have strong reason to believe Jayme is still alive. I know that they normally operate under that assumption until someone is found for obvious reasons but the presser today did make me wonder if they have some information that might strongly point in this direction. Again this is JMO.
I absolutely agree with you on this. I have a high belief she is alive as well.

You reminded me of a question I had and may have incidentally skipped or missed the answer. Has anyone said what the work hours or shifts would be for JC's position at Jenny-O? Or even what general work hours are.
ETA grammer.
I think someone did! I believe they found an application online. I believe it a pretty standard 3 shift rotation. Supposedly overtime is offered frequently as well.Sounds like he’d done a 2nd shift.

Elizabeth Smart, when she was kidnapped at age 12 ( almost 13) and now, pregnant with her 3rd child. See any differences? Of course you do.
Look at the photos of Jayme. Nothing else needed. She's very young, very small. Any adult would think so.

This is not about the outlier " children who harm others". It is about a MISSING girl in EXTREME DANGER, or already deceased. Humanity, dude, humanity.
I worked with middle school kids for years and even though some of the girls may try to act older and talk about boyfriends they are still incredibly naive and childish. They still want stickers on their papers, like to play games like musical chairs and tag or hide and seek. Some are more mature than others, but I get the idea also that Jayme is still more like a twelve year old than a typical teenager.
Can we put our profiling hats on and speculate about what we might be looking for in a perp? For instance, what does it mean about the perp that the door was shot in? What does it mean that at least one was tied up for some amount of time? Even what kind of people drive those kinds of cars? I’m thinking the muscle car might lead us to something. I know it’s all just speculation, but that’s just what profiles are.
Door was not shot in. Door was kicked in. Which is hard to do. So they had to be very strong or very high.

Don't know if this has been brought up before (I've tried reading every comment on these threads).

Could Jayme have been drinking a Starbucks drink when the perp supposedly kicked the door in and started shooting? I'm wondering if they found a partially-finished frappucchino? This may sound weird, because it was so late, but I'm curious.

JMVHO.

ETA: Hey-Debbie, you beat me to it!
I don't think it sounds weird. I know every word said or action made must have been as strategic as possible. Maybe I'm just hopeful but showing the Starbucks bottle seemed almost awkward to the aunt compared to the rest of her of her speech. JMO

Wow... you are observant. I had the same impression somehow (that the FBI officer would have, if he could have said "yes" as to is there a suspect.) Yet I didn't know why I had that impression. I didn't see him nodding his head... . I guess that's why they call it body language. Welcome to Websleuths :)

Thank you pepper and to everyone else who has welcomed me tonight - wow what a friendly site!

I do think the FBI officer seemed frustrated today, i believe he wanted to say 'yes' to the suspect question but couldn't. I hope they have got a suspect and are hot on the trail as we speak.

It is a difficult case to understand exactly what has happened but i do wonder if Jayme did have an older 'admirer' shall we say and it is this person who has committed this awful crime and has taken Jayme away. Maybe LE possibly suspect this is the case and this is why the Aunt's speech today was aimed directly at Jayme in the belief that she is still alive and being held somewhere and was possibly watching on tv.

Hopes and prayers are with Jayme, her friends and family and Mollie the dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en