AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still a bit concerned about the mattress that was removed (if that’s indeed true). And they removed it during the second pass thru the house, not the first, right? So maybe it wasn’t first evident that something was on or wrong with the mattress. But now it makes me feel like something is up. It could be several things, if someone were in bed during this crime that evening. Hmm.
The sheriff did confirm that there were additional items taken from the house, but did not identify anything in particular. I think they are just looking for any clue they can possibly get. Jmo

Yesterday someone posted a shot of the interior the front doorway with a screenshot from a major news outlet, which they apparently found on youtube. They wondered what they were seeing in the dark shadowy area beyond the doorway. I took the photo and I enhanced it in photoshop - so I kind of have some ideas on what that MAY be in the photo - so I'm wondering, are we allowed to post photos that we have taken from MSM and enhanced or is that a no no? Mods?
When I lightened the shadows in ps all I saw was what looked like a hutch with some knick knack type things on it.

Very interesting! Taking what

Maybe it is her phone. It pinged so they know it was in an area. But they have not found it so someone pickd it up.

Yeah if someone picked up a phone since this happened, they might be too scared to turn it in, fearing that may bring them to the attention of a cold blooded killer

When I lightened the shadows in ps all I saw was what looked like a hutch with some knick knack type things on it.

Yes, I saw that too. It seems to have hinges (?) on (screen) left. I didn't think knick knacks though - I thought maybe a mirror and we might be seeing various evidence tags

Again, trying to tread very carefully in what I say. But several things just aren't adding up to me from yesterday's press conference. I know several of you are of the opinion that there was some humanizing psychology behind the family members remarks, and maybe that's true , but to me it seemed like an appeal directly to Jayme to come home. If someone is being held against their will, why on earth would you speak to them as if they have some choice in whether or not they come home ? To me, that simply doesn't make sense. JMO. But moving on from that, why did LE wait so long to remove a mattress from the home if they believe it might contain evidence ?! This is what...day 10 ?! Are they just grasping at straws here, or did they discover something in the investigation that suddenly made them think, " Oh snap ! Better go get that mattress ! "

Sorry...these thing just don't make sense to me.

If the dad was walking up to the house, and he heard or saw something happening to his family, his first response could have been to get in there as fast as possible. As soon as he breaches the door, he gets shot, and drops right there.
To me, this is as good a theory as any other offered here. IMO

If his shift ended at 12:30, he would not have been home when neighbors heard 2
shots. So that must have been mom? Then he gets home later and is shot. Someone calls 911 from mom’s phone (police would have prints off phone) 20 min later. In 5 min (1 min for call, 4 min to arrive) and Jayme is gone (seemingly without a
trace). They must have headed in the direction opposite from the officers. Did people along that route hear or see anything?

THIS POST IS IN NO WAY CRITICAL OF BARRON CO LAW ENFORCEMENT OR FBI.

When watching the latest press conference I was struck by the stress written across Sheriff Fitzgerald’s face compared to the first press conference. I wondered how a sheriff from a small, rural place such as this learns how to investigate a crime of this kind. Is it something they would have been trained to do or is it more like learning as you go? Or do the FBI and state investigators come in and tell him what to do? I feel so much compassion for the man to not only be investigating this crime but also being the face of LE having to handle the questions and criticism.

TIA for your answers to my question if you happen to know or have an educated guess.
He has stated he is grateful and very impressed by the experts working on this case. There are 200 LE working together, doing different things, and yes, I believe this has also been a learning experience for him. Jmo

Yesterday someone posted a shot of the interior the front doorway with a screenshot from a major news outlet, which they apparently found on youtube. They wondered what they were seeing in the dark shadowy area beyond the doorway. I took the photo and I enhanced it in photoshop - so I kind of have some ideas on what that MAY be in the photo - so I'm wondering, are we allowed to post photos that we have taken from MSM and enhanced or is that a no no? Mods?
It's allowed.

They would rush that specific shot for LE if LE asked for it I’m sure. But there’s always a chance they didn’t ask / didn’t need it or... maybe Jayme was absent that day?

If retakes were Oct 11, then they had the photos. You wouldn’t retake until u had the pics. So this is prob a current photo.

As time has gone on...hard to believe that the perpetrators were known to family or a stalker of Jayme.....
Plenty of time to dig into their lives, interviews- there would be a lead....
So: have to speculate the only scenario that makes sense is the senseless.
Even so:
Main questions: Why spend 20-30 minutes in the home....?
even the most senseless of crimes this is mind boggling
taking Jayme isn't so mind boggling - there's reasons, even if senseless
But spending u to a half hour in a home wherein you've just shot two people dead?
And nothing was stolen??
Beyond bizarre

I agree the more time that passes the higher the chances IMO that its a Matthew Hoffman type lone Wolf psycho.

Again, trying to tread very carefully in what I say. But several things just aren't adding up to me from yesterday's press conference. I know several of you are of the opinion that there was some humanizing psychology behind the family members remarks, and maybe that's true , but to me it seemed like an appeal directly to Jayme to come home. If someone is being held against their will, why on earth would you speak to them as if they have some choice in whether or not they come home ? To me, that simply doesn't make sense. JMO. But moving on from that, why did LE wait so long to remove a mattress from the home if they believe it might contain evidence ?! This is what...day 10 ?! Are they just grasping at straws here, or did they discover something in the investigation that suddenly made them think, " Oh snap ! Better go get that mattress ! "

They did not confirm that they removed a mattress, but he did say it is normal procedure and helpful to have a fresh pair of eyes, or something like that, reexamine the crime scene. They are doing everything they can, imo.

As time has gone on...hard to believe that the perpetrators were known to family or a stalker of Jayme.....
Plenty of time to dig into their lives, interviews- there would be a lead....
So: have to speculate the only scenario that makes sense is the senseless.
Even so:
Main questions: Why spend 20-30 minutes in the home....?
even the most senseless of crimes this is mind boggling
taking Jayme isn't so mind boggling - there's reasons, even if senseless
But spending u to a half hour in a home wherein you've just shot two people dead?
And nothing was stolen??
Beyond bizarre

The most important thing in the home was stolen. Jayme.

Again, trying to tread very carefully in what I say. But several things just aren't adding up to me from yesterday's press conference. I know several of you are of the opinion that there was some humanizing psychology behind the family members remarks, and maybe that's true , but to me it seemed like an appeal directly to Jayme to come home. If someone is being held against their will, why on earth would you speak to them as if they have some choice in whether or not they come home ? To me, that simply doesn't make sense. JMO. But moving on from that, why did LE wait so long to remove a mattress from the home if they believe it might contain evidence ?! This is what...day 10 ?! Are they just grasping at straws here, or did they discover something in the investigation that made them think, " Oh snap ! Better go get that mattress ! "

Sorry...these thing jusuddenly st don't make sense to me.

BBM

Maybe it was to take the pressure off the abductor by letting them think that THEY think Jayme has some say in the matter. It might not have been about LE honestly thinking that Jayme has a choice, but a way for them to let the perp think that they "understand." Kind of a "Hey, it's all cool. We know you're not holding her against her will. We know she's safe with you." If they appealed to him as a murderous monster who is keeping her hostage, then the perp may continue to feel the noose tightening around their neck. They may panic and harm her (if they haven't already). But by appealing to Jayme, it might lessen the pressure on them in some way and that could keep her alive longer.

I mean, it's just my IMO.I have no idea what's going on. :)

Yes, I saw that too. It seems to have hinges (?) on (screen) left. I didn't think knick knacks though - I thought maybe a mirror and we might be seeing various evidence tags

That was my first thought, too but I also saw a snowman figure nearer to the floor which makes me think it is maybe a winter/snowman type display being mostly red and white in color.

It's not unusual to appeal to the person who was abducted. When Abby was abducted her mother appealed directly to her, even to the point of making videos of the town, videos of making christmas cookies, and appealed to her to come home. Her mother didn't appeal to her abductor, they appealed to Abby. In Mollie's case it was different, her father pleaded with her captors for her return. Each case is different.
As for the mattress, it makes me wonder if there was an original attack on the mother in her bedroom. We don't know where the mother was attacked or died. We've read rumors that she was barricaded in the bathroom, but that may not be true.

Because if you speak directly to the abductors/kidnappers it could strike a sense of urgency in them to do *something/anything* before they get caught. The less pressure the perps feel the more likely that if Jayme is still alive, she will remain alive. The less unsettled the perps are - and they are most definitely stressed out regardless, the better for Jayme. MOO

Exactly...like she has a choice. I don't get it either...
It's my opinion that this was done by a young man who never intended the murders to take place. Perhaps they want to give the impression that Jayme is not being held against her will to give him a false sense that he's not totally to blame? Maybe they think he'd be more willing to come out if he thinks they'd be open to hearing "his side of the story?" Note: I am NOT saying Jayme was complicit in any way only that LE/family may want to give that impression to the perp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicolef123