AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe somebody tried to climb out of a window using a chair? Or possibly climb into a window using a chair? This opens the door for many other scenarios I wont get into here.
I have to agree though someone mentioned wrapping or bagging the chair if it's evidence. If its shoe prints? They dusted it already imo. Idk if they would cover it then?

In regards to the chair, if there was a cushion on it that had blood or other bodily fluids on it, LE is supposed to label and package that separately and send it for testing. If this was the case and LE removed the chair cushion, the cushion was likely wrapped and removed separately from the chair.

Also, according to the article I linked below, often times LE will attempt to reconstruct the crime if there are no witnesses. This could be another reason that they took the chair. JMO...Below is the link:

http://www.jblearning.com/samples/0763735299/Girard Sample Chapter 2.pdf

This is just another reason that I'm not convinced LE thinks the time of the gunshots given by the neighbors (12:31am) is accurate.
I know. I still think its possible she misread the time as 12:58, instead of 12:38, making it actually 12:51. I'm not convinced of this, but I am still open to the possibility. It was late, they were in bed, and she had no reason to be concerned ( according to her) and would not have taken a second look to make sure. Jmo

I hope I am wrong but I have the same feeling as in Mollie’s case that LE did NOT know more than people thought...and they did not. I am not sure they even know the motive or target and without those, very difficult to get an idea of a suspect or what he might do next.

Also...not sure why anyone would want to hear the 911 call...I don’t. Sounds like it consists of a last desperate attempt to get help...witthout anything that the public could help with. If they had a snippet of a voice they believed to be the perp’s, imo they would isolate that bit and release it...

So what? They solved Mollie's case through hard, smart work. They can solve this too.

If they knew who did it the first day we wouldn't have so many threads.

It sometimes takes time to solve.

I see absolutely nothing odd about them or their interview. They sound devastated. We use the name Jayme here and are quite comfortable with it.

Why wouldn't neighbors in a small town be comfortable using her name?

Then maybe they should not of done so many interviews

These are older people who are going through something unusual and terrifying. They need to be given a break.

Personally I'm not suggesting they are involved in any way. I'd be shocked if they were. I'm more just questioning the reliability of their account of that night. And I'm also not saying they are lying about it, or purposefully misleading anyone, just that they are remembering details incorrectly. I find the "we didn't even know they had kids" statement really odd, but again, not in a way that makes me suspect them of wrongdoing.

If I wonder anything, it is why the Closs house was hit. If it was a breaking and entering or robbery, why wasn't the neighbor's house chosen. They have said they were not home until 11:30. That would be an easy place to rob. I think Closs house was the target. Why, I don't have a clue.

Re: Timing
Mrs S. is clear it was 12:38. LE found clock to be 7 min fast. If she had misread as 12:58 (which would mean 12:51 am) that would mean that dad was killed, and (likely) mom called 911 at 12:56 before being killed.
While that makes sense in some respects, the neighbors would know if LE showed up right away or 25 min later, wouldn’t they?

Maybe. Do we know what time the neighbors became aware that the police were at the house next door? Without knowing that it's impossible to say. I haven't seen anything saying the neighbors knew when the police arrived at the home. Cops don't always put on their sirens when going to a scene so the neighbors may have fallen asleep and not been interviewed until the morning. Without knowing how all that went down it's hard to say.

I see absolutely nothing odd about them or their interview. They sound devastated. We use the name Jayme here and are quite comfortable with it.

These are older people who are going through something unusual and terrifying. They need to be given a break.

I don't think anything about their body language or using her name is odd. They appear to be fairly normal. I just think the part about not knowing the neighbors have a child after living next to them for so long is odd. Again, not suggesting any wrongdoing on their part.

Just to clarify, I don't for one minute think the neighbours are involved, I think they are completely innocent folks, also, as someone who lives in a little UK town surrounded by countryside, I hear shots all hours of the night and I wouldn't feel the need to call anyone, so I don't blame them for that, I don't think anyone is suspicious of them, or at least I'm definitely not, I just think they are doing more harm than good and I think the chance of them getting facts muddled is fairly likely, which could confuse matters and timelines.

When did they say they didn’t know a child live there? She said she would see the parents dropping her at the bus stop but she did not say everyday. When she choked up saying her name, she was likely holding back tears. She wished she called it in. I wanna know if they heard police arrive later. Were sirens on?

Does anyone else have real trouble with the credibility of the neighbours statement and subsequent interviews? I don't mean they had anything to do with it, or are lying purposely, maybe more that they've got caught up in the attention? I must admit that right from the start, as soon as they said they didn't know a child was living in the house and then in the next breath said they saw Jayme get off the school bus outside the house every day, everything thereafter I've taken with a grain of salt.

Absolutely! I searched their last name and the first result I got was chilling. Coincidence? Probably, I haven't researched if their is a familial link between he and Russell. Body language speaks a lot. I know they may be under a lot of stress too and say something stupid.

What they said, could be a case of lie for an alibi. It could also be a case of being nervous. We don't really know much about them. I know there are several civil cases with his name on it, and a few with her name on it. I'm not sure that has much bearance, though.

Not directly on point but may help: I used to work in a medical (not criminal) laboratory and standard DNA tests took 3-5 days. Not sure how the criminal aspect variable/type of sample may change it.

It's a small town, IF the perp is local and left some DNA behind AND someone from his/her family has done a commercial DNA test, the LE could work their way back to his/her immediate family and know who did this soon. I'm hoping that LE already has an idea they just don't have enough evidence to make the arrest.

Several cold cases in my area have recently been solved that way.

Maybe. Do we know what time the neighbors became aware that the police were at the house next door? Without knowing that it's impossible to say. I haven't seen anything saying the neighbors knew when the police arrived at the home. Cops don't always put on their sirens when going to a scene so the neighbors may have fallen asleep and not been interviewed until the morning. Without knowing how all that went down it's hard to say.
JS and her husband didn't find out what happened to their neighbors until the following day.

"It’s just been traumatic," she said.

Jayme Closs: Police seek two vehicles seen near Barron slaying, girl's disappearance

Just to clarify, I don't for one minute think the neighbours are involved, I think they are completely innocent folks, also, as someone who lives in a little UK town surrounded by countryside, I hear shots all hours of the night and I wouldn't feel the need to call anyone, so I don't blame them for that, I don't think anyone is suspicious of them, or at least I'm definitely not, I just think they are doing more harm than good and I think the chance of them getting facts muddled is fairly likely, which could confuse matters and timelines.

I agree, the neighbours are a nice ordinary couple and most likely not involved in any way but they just seem to say way too much to the media. They have engaged in numerous interviews and are quoted all across the internet. It is the only reason they are being discussed here.

My comment wasn't bashing them, it wasn't alluding to them being suspects, it was politely saying that I think they are confusing matters, which imo is a fact and when there are 2 murdered and a child missing I feel ok about respectfully expressing that opinion.

That statement was in regards to Jayme switching schools, not about the family moving.

Would you move your child’s school because of transportation issues? Would you take her away from her friends? Seems more likely that one school was somehow more preferable over the other. Were her close friends going there? Did she switch schools due to bullying? Another incident? When was the switch made? This is a tough time in a child’s life.

I have my theory but I am really afraid to state it for fear of getting banned....and yes my theory is about the father

All I can ask of you if your theory is blaming this murdered father please dont go there.

Often theories are completely wrong since they aren't based on any facts and are mere speculation often at the victim's expense and their grieving family members.

Often the wrong theories are very hurtful..victim blaming and WS is a victim friendly site.

It's not like other social media sites. That is why WS is way above other sites.

If I am getting the wrong impression then I sincerely apologize.

It's just that I know in the past other family members have read the posts about their own murdered love ones and some of the posts had to rip their already shattered heart out knowing how wrong they all were.

If a miracle happens Jayme may also read what all has been written about the 2 people she loved more than anyone else on earth.

I think all of us should remain mindful of that.

Jmo

I agree, the neighbours are a nice ordinary couple and most likely not involved in any way but they just seem to say way too much to the media. They have engaged in numerous interviews and are quoted all across the internet. It is the only reason they are being discussed here.

Exactly! They seem like nice, normal people who are probably devastated, but that doesn't mean we can't have an opinion on their interviews.

Oh and by the way, your name is fantastic! Haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member