AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I strongly believe it was ties to a cushion for that chair. Even in the similar ties you posted, it shows them tied to interior spindles in some of them. Depending on the cushion, the ties might not reach to the corners. And I don't think you would want to restrain anyone using those tiny spindles either. They often come unglued just using them for everyday sitting in! They are flimsy and could break easily. Wouldn't make sense to tie anyone to them when you have stronger spindles to use.

Where are you Jayme?!?!

All we know for certain the chair has evidentiary value in the investigation. If not..it wouldnt have been removed the way it was with the tech holding it out wearing thick forensic gloves when transporting it out of the home.

Jmo

Jayme Closs: 911 dispatch log released from night of Wisconsin teen's disappearance

This made me pause a minute. Suppose you own a business property that contains several out buildings and a home. There’s been a terrible crime up the street and the police are at your door asking to use your parking lot for a staging area for their search. You give them permission to park in a certain area. You tell them, “Oh and by the way, I already searched the house and buildings and they are clear.” Did they just take the word of this person that “he went through the buildings and house there and they are clear”?
I can see having them stage up the hill at the rear so that he would be able to still run his business.

All we know for certain the chair has evidentiary value in the investigation. If not..it wouldnt have been removed the way it was with the tech holding it out wearing thick forensic gloves when transporting it out of the home.

Jmo
Yup. There’s plenty of reasons why it could have possible evidentiary value.

Blood.

Bullet impacts.

Used in a struggle.

I agree - the deck and picnic table outside plus the obituary describing Mom's care of flowers - I think they spent time outside together. IMO
... but the neighbors never saw them outside doing gardening work. :confused:

Moving on (because I'm apparently testy today )...I don't see any reason to doubt the neighbors regarding what they heard and when they heard it. The only thing I question is whether the 2 gunshots they did hear occurred at the beginning of the attack.

JMO

11 days in and still no news of Jayme. I am hoping and praying that she is alive somewhere and hasn't come to any harm. Wherever she is i hope she has the strength to cope, and that she comes home soon.

Moving on (because I'm apparently testy today )...I don't see any reason to doubt the neighbors regarding what they heard and when they heard it. The only thing I question is whether the 2 gunshots they did hear occurred at the beginning of the attack.

JMO
Had that door not been kicked in, as it apparently was, I’d see this as a likely explanation.

With the door kicked in, and the dad’s body right inside the door, the most likely scenario is that the perpetrator forced the door open, and killed the dad on the spot.

Anything is possible though.

I just think the minutiae is where the important information can be located or at least lead to a better understanding of dynamics at play. Victimology etc. In the end it may be totally irrelevant how long or where and when the Closs family or Jayme lived somewhere. Or, there may be a fine detail in there that makes a difference tht explains motive? Who knows.

I hate when forums get to this point. We're just rehashing the same info over and over and theory after theory when basically have no new information at all to go on. We actually have very little information at all. :(:(
Hey Debbie, let's hope the FBI and the local police know a lot more than us. I pray they do.

Bolded by me.
Well, I have a Windsor chair I kept from a set I bought 20-ish?? years ago.
I gave the table and chairs to my SIL a few years ago.
Anywhoo. I kept 1 chair as my computer chair but haven't used it in years.

So I will see if my hubby will let me tie him to it today when he gets home.
We will see if he can break the spindles.
LOL Let us know how that works out for ya. If I offered to tie my hubby up he wouln't be able to get to it fast enough. He would have a different reason in mind LOL

I wouldn't be surprised if someone got the wrong house. For example, I live on Old "x" road. There is also an "x" road. We're constantly getting deliveries for the people on the other road, and every time we have a substitute mail carrier, we get mail for someone on an entirely different road that shares our last name. Question for those who've been studying maps of the area - are there any similarly named roads in the area?

Good thinking, there is an Old Hwy 8, but its on the MN side of the border closer to Minneapolis.

I don't know why but this just keeps giving me flashes of watching the Shasta Groene story. Her and her brother were targets of a pedophile and their family was murdered. He was a complete stranger who stalked the family.
This remains my most likely scenario for what happened to Jayme. Second one after that is perp was doing a break in or robbery and it got messy then perp realized 911 had been called and panicked and took off with Jayme before LE showed up.

Greatly hope it's the first one vs. the second because in the first one she is much more likely to be alive. If it's the second, perp may have thought he needed to eliminate all evidence which includes her but couldn't risk not getting away so he takes her then waits until it's clear LE isn't on his tail/following him and then disposes of Jayme. I realize how morbid that is and hope to God that's not what happened but have to consider the possibility.

Exactly. I don’t have a firm theory, simply because of that time gap. If it doesn’t exist, then things simply make a lot more sense to me.

This looks like a home invasion type crime. These crimes are generally executed quickly, with a hard and fast entry and exit.

I can’t make sense of a home invasion with a pivot towards something more methodical.

That’s why I’m still skeptical of the circumstances and timing of those gunshots.

These neighbors do seem credible, and sure of what they heard and when they heard it.

I’m just scratching my head at the whole thing.

I’m obviously not alone in this.
I agree. I will go with the times that the neighbor stated however I am still open to the idea she might have read the clock wrong and that changes everything. If you try to put what we have together in one scenario I image the perp coming to the front door and touching off the shotgun (if it was a shotgun) twice and that is the 2 loud shots the neighbors heard. I don't care 2 very loud shots, say from a shotgun are going to draw attention even at 250 yards. After that I can not imagine any perp in their right mind hanging around for at least another 20 minutes. But if she misread the clock and it was 12:58 it becomes a lot more clearer. But when they said the crime scene was extremely violent, or to that effect, I'm thinking maybe there was something else going on during those 20 minutes and she did indeed read her clock correctly. Being it was violent like they say I also have to believe it was personal in nature. I think if we just got one or two more facts from LE it would clear up a lot of the muddy picture MOO

IMO, an awesome post!

And to add, has it been confirmed that the neighbors were really out earlier that evening?

Also, assume for a minute the shots heard by the neighbors really were hunters or someone else, and we take the timing of the shots out of the equation, probably 90% of our theories are debunked. IMO Or at least need to be modified.
Thank you, Mercedes. I believe it was the neighbors themselves who said in an interview that they were out until about 11:15. I do not know if this was verified beyond their own statement, but because they interjected themselves into the media spotlight, I presume LE is checking their account of that evening.

Had that door not been kicked in, as it apparently was, I’d see this as a likely explanation.

With the door kicked in, and the dad’s body right inside the door, the most likely scenario is that the perpetrator forced the door open, and killed the dad on the spot.

Anything is possible though.

I absolutely agree with you that the attacked started with the kicked in door and the father shot. But we don't know what time that happened. The neighbors didn't arrive home until sometime after 11:30 pm. so it is possible that they never heard the first shots because they hadn't arrived home yet. Not saying I find that likely, but it is a possiblility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn