AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a little virtual drive to the home at 1268 US-8 (via Google Maps Street View). Interestingly enough, it wasn't until the end of the trip where I realized I was having difficulty finding the house. I went back and forth, using the map street arrows, and eventually returned to satellite view in order to find my bearings. I realize it's not the same as driving a car, in trying to find this place via my computer screen.

Approaching 1268 US-8, heading west:
View attachment 153229
Google Maps

Approaching 1268 US-8, heading east:
View attachment 153230
Google Maps

And iirc I saw an early MSM video (maybe within 24-48 hours of the events) where a reporter's intro referred to the house as one that (paraphrasing) "if you were to drive by it, you'd easily miss it."

If this is true, I'd find it less believable to have been random.

And I'd find it more likely that it would have been someone known to the family; or at least someone who had been to the house before. Jmo
I agree. I think the person was known to at least one of the Closs family members and I think the person had been there before.

I agree. I think the person was known to at least one of the Closs family members and I think the person had been there before.
That would be a statistical probability. The problem with that is, they would very likely have made a connection by now.

So I’m not so sure.

Greetings all!

I just learned of the red car in the Fox River. It looks like a GM body style although it has many of the same lines as the photographs from the Sheriff's press conference last week. Windows up, no one inside, car in the river, no plates ... it may be a distraction. I don't believe in coincidences ... it sure looks like someone didn't want the car found. What is everyone thinking?

I'm not in WI (CA here) so things may be different there, but I've recently been attending the pre-trial hearings for a man who is accused of murdering a dear, long time friend and co-worker of mine. They played her 911 call in open court. It was heartbreaking.

When a murder occurs involving a family member, a close friend/work mate, even an acquaintance, I would think you would want to hear all the evidence, all the details to try to understand.
Such an event, will affect you, so much. :(:(:(
Hearing that 911 call in Court, you will probably always remember every detail.
I hope Justice is served, for your long time friend.

Similarly with the Closs family, hearing the 911 call, in Court may be very disturbing.
MOO.

Last edited:
Greetings all!

I just learned of the red car in the Fox River. It looks like a GM body style although it has many of the same lines as the photographs from the Sheriff's press conference last week. Windows up, no one inside, car in the river, no plates ... it may be a distraction. I don't believe in coincidences ... it sure looks like someone didn't want the car found. What is everyone thinking?
I am as sure of the fact that someone didn’t want it found, as I am of the incredible likelihood that it is absolutely unrelated.

It’s a different manufacturer, model, and off by several years in age.

They seem pretty confident that they are looking for a Dodge Challenger, unlike the black vehicle in which they are looking for two potential manufacturers.

It’s red, sporty, and obviously been put in the water as part of some criminal act. But that act is almost certainly not kidnapping and multiple murder.

Greetings all!

the only thing. We don’t know how good of quality they had of the surveillance of the car they had. So, yea it looks like a 2 door “muscle” car, but without seeing the images they saw , thats hard to analyze.. if that makes sense.

When a murder occurs involving a family member, a close friend/work mate, even an acquaintance, I would think you would want to hear all the evidence, all the details to try to understand.
Such an event, will affect you, so much. :(:(:(
Hearing that 911 call in Court, you will probably always remember every detail.
I hope Justice is served, for your long time friend.
MOO.
Thanks tmar. Yes, you're right. I think everyone wants to know the "why" but sometimes there isn't one. Just rage and abuse on the part of the killer. Thank you for your kind thought. Sorry to take the thread off topic everyone. Back to sweet Jayme.

As I have tried to go through details of their last day and posted about it in some thread before, it was previously mentioned by locals that there was some football in the afternoon/evening hours on Sunday. It was briefly commented that it probably finished by 11ish pm which sounds a bit late and not sure if it is even correct.

However my questions who played, who won and from what time to what time was the game on Sunday are still unanswered. (My thought was that many people were gathering, drinking and watching the game and perp/s possibly gathered somewhere to watch too).

Now, I would want more than ever to know all above, and especially if it was Packers (James's fav team) who played on Sunday.

Packers played on the 15th (Monday night). Sunday night was the Kansas City Chiefs vs New England Patriots. Chiefs lost, 40-43. Not sure of time of Sunday night game but they usually start around 8 pm and take over three hours. moo

ETA: There were several NFL games Sunday afternoon.

ETA: Kickoff was 8:20 pm, eastern time.

Thanks tmar. Yes, you're right. I think everyone wants to know the "why" but sometimes there isn't one. Just rage and abuse on the part of the killer. Thank you for your kind thought. Sorry to take the thread off topic everyone. Back to sweet Jayme.
. I just wanted to say.. you didn’t take the thread off topic. We are all here for Jayme. We have gone through all we can with what we only know and with your post it brought us to knowing that everything will come out without speculating and guessing . Not sure if that made sense. Makes sense in my head but not as I read it before posting it. :)

Packers played on the 15th (Monday night). Sunday night was the Kansas City Chiefs vs New England Patriots. Chiefs lost, 40-43. Not sure of time of Sunday night game but they usually start around 8 pm and take over three hours. moo

ETA: There were several NFL games Sunday afternoon.
Yeah. That Sunday night game would have ended around 10:15, factoring in the 1 hour time difference between the east coast and Wisconsin.

Edit* 10:27

. I just wanted to say.. you didn’t take the thread off topic. We are all here for Jayme. We have gone through all we can with what we only know and with your post it brought us to knowing that everything will come out without speculating and guessing . Not sure if that made sense. Makes sense in my head but not as I read it before posting it. :)
Thanks whatsherface. I appreciate it. And I do think everything will come out in time providing LE are able to find the people responsible.

As I have tried to go through details of their last day and posted about it in some thread before, it was previously mentioned by locals that there was some football in the afternoon/evening hours on Sunday. It was briefly commented that it probably finished by 11ish pm which sounds a bit late and not sure if it is even correct.

However my questions who played, who won and from what time to what time was the game on Sunday are still unanswered. (My thought was that many people were gathering, drinking and watching the game and perp/s possibly gathered somewhere to watch too).

Now, I would want more than ever to know all above, and especially if it was Packers (James's fav team) who played on Sunday.

PS: managed to find that games on Sunday late afternoons usually run from 7.20pm to 10.20pm. Still not sure who played.
You will find your answers here.
2018 NFL Schedule

4 minutes.
Then what are the plausible options that fit inside a 4 minute window?

Jayme is hiding in another room and gets to her mom's phone. Calls 911 but doesn't dare speak for fear of being heard. One way or another is discovered, or thinks she is about to be. Makes a run for it out the back or garage door. One of (I suspect there were two) perps goes after her while the other kills the mother. Perp catches and overpowers Jayme, possibly knocks her out, possibly leaves signs of a struggle. Perps know that police are on route, so they do the quickest (and quietest) thing they can - throw her in the trunk and get out of there, intending to deal with her later.

Sadly, I would imagine that they took her somewhere, killed her and dumped the body. :(

I'm not in WI (CA here) so things may be different there, but I've recently been attending the pre-trial hearings for a man who is accused of murdering a dear, long time friend and co-worker of mine. They played her 911 call in open court. It was heartbreaking.

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. A fellow nurse co-worker and very good friend of mine for many years was murdered by her boyfriend a couple of years ago.

He took a plea deal, LWOP. His siblings and mother were ready to testify against him. My friend,Clo, was an only child and a dog lover like me. We had so much fun and worked so well together in our early 30's.
I'd moved 1,000+ miles away a few years prior, and hadn't seen her in a long time but we still texted. She was planning on flying out to visit me for a week just before she was killed.. We were making lots of fun plans, as she'd never seen Texas before. :) 00 My last text from her was just before she was murdered. It was a photo of the cutest little dog I've ever seen. She'd just rescued him from the shelter she volunteered for on her off time. He shot and killed her dog, too. She had no family living.

Because of Clo's murder, shot point blank in the head with a shotgun, I don't want to hear 911 tapes. I don't want to hear victims screaming or a perp. shooting a gun. I can tell you that with time, if you're like me, the nightmares will stop, and you will have funny dreams of the two of you working together and doing things together outside work. It's amazing how our minds fill in the painful spaces with sweet little things as time passes and we heal from the acute loss. I hope so much this happens for you. We still remember them, but we learn to live with what happened to them... becauses we have to do so.
Hugs!!!

It’s certainly possible that it happened that way.

The only reason I question it, is that police dashboard cameras are usually of good quality, even in poor lighting situations.

Had they passed the vehicle, I would expect them to have been able to get a plate number.

There’s no way of knowing for sure though.

Aren't there some states that don't use front license plates? Perhaps the car didn't have a front plate?

Jayme is hiding in another room and gets to her mom's phone. Calls 911 but doesn't dare speak for fear of being heard. One way or another is discovered, or thinks she is about to be. Makes a run for it out the back or garage door. One of (I suspect there were two) perps goes after her while the other kills the mother. Perp catches and overpowers Jayme, possibly knocks her out, possibly leaves signs of a struggle. Perps know that police are on route, so they do the quickest (and quietest) thing they can - throw her in the trunk and get out of there, intending to deal with her later.

Sadly, I would imagine that they took her somewhere, killed her and dumped the body. :(

Your theory debirlfan is very plausible, although very distressing. :(:(
But then the entire case, is horrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members