AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
or do the unexpected and go exactly in the direction of police, they are responding to a urgent call, they aren't going to say oh wait that call can wait and ill pull this car right here over.
It’s certainly possible that it happened that way.

The only reason I question it, is that police dashboard cameras are usually of good quality, even in poor lighting situations.

Had they passed the vehicle, I would expect them to have been able to get a plate number.

There’s no way of knowing for sure though.

The only reason I question it, is that police dashboard cameras are usually of good quality, even in poor lighting situations.

Had they passed the vehicle, I would expect them to have been able to get a plate number.

True. If they had them. And if it was turned on. Where Im at this is an issue alot of times.

That potentially opens the door to a lot more people seeing photos of Jayme. The online contests I have seen requiring people to vote for photos are usually public and anyone could view and possibly see her name/location. I wonder why none of our sleuths have found old online contest entries? Or have we and I missed that? Thanks.
I took it that the family friend was saying that the Mom would post those photos to vote for Jayme on her FB account, which is private. To my knowledge, I have not seen anywhere that this was brought up. Some of the recent photos of Jayme do tend to go with her being in beauty pageants- I've seen her in some dance costumes, but there are some to which she is clearly more dressed up like an adult and in dressier clothes (that aren't from when she was little), some even look recent. Unfortunately, I can't post those photos as they don't have an MSM source, sorry. I hope that I am not breaking TOS mentioning this.

That’s one thing I do think. Either they went the opposite way when they left, or turned in somewhere with their lights off and waited till the first responders passed by.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...wisconsin-missing-girl-jayme-closs/index.html

The sheriff says in this article, that they believe that Jayme was home at the time of the homicides.

The 911 call included “a lot of yelling.” This means that Jayme was likely still in the home at this point.

Right, and as best we know, the shooting occurred around a half hour before LE showed up (based on when gunshots were heard). People keep conflating that with thinking she was still there when the phone call was made. Which she might have been, or not. We don't know. I haven't seen anyone say that yelling means she was still in the house. I think it could just as easily be one of the injured-but-still-alive parents calling out to the other, or calling out to Jayme not knowing if she was still there.

Right, and as best we know, the homicides occurred around a half hour before LE showed up (based on when gunshots were heard). People keep conflating that with thinking she was still there when the phone call was made. Which she might have been, or not. We don't know.
Well someone made that 911 call, and with “yelling going on” atleast one victim was still alive, and one perpetrator likely there.

That 20 minute time gap is perplexing, because it appears that the perpetrator(s) and very likely Jayme, were still there at that point. Minutes before LE’s arrival.

The Wisconsin State Constitution prohibits gambling on sports. So, sports betting is not allowed in Wisconsin.

I don’t think gambling debts had anything to do with this crime. But I’ll say this — there is a boatload of money gambled on sports every day in many places where it is illegal. Heck, in many cases people don’t even try to hide it. I’d guess every single person (in the US) on WS knows someone who has been in a March Madness pool.

I took a little virtual drive to the home at 1268 US-8 (via Google Maps Street View). Interestingly enough, it wasn't until the end of the trip where I realized I was having difficulty finding the house. I went back and forth, using the map street arrows, and eventually returned to satellite view in order to find my bearings. I realize it's not the same as driving a car, in trying to find this place via my computer screen.

Approaching 1268 US-8, heading west:
us-8-eastbound.png
Google Maps

Approaching 1268 US-8, heading east:
us-8-westbound.png
Google Maps

And iirc I saw an early MSM video (maybe within 24-48 hours of the events) where a reporter's intro referred to the house as one that (paraphrasing) "if you were to drive by it, you'd easily miss it."

If this is true, I'd find it less believable to have been random.

And I'd find it more likely that it would have been someone known to the family; or at least someone who had been to the house before. Jmo

Last edited:
right.. and the call was 7 minutes before it was dispatched.. right?
Something like that. Jayme was pretty clearly in the house, just minutes before the police got there.

The police are saying this for a reason, and it’s likey more than a wild guess.

Logic alone indicates that this is likely true.

They searched their house. They aren’t wallowing. They are just plain folk trying to be helpful. The husband offers good info that the gun was louder than a .22 or 440 (?)
but agree time could be off based on what we know.

I feel for the Smrekars, I really do. I can hear my dad saying "You're dam---d if you do, and dam---d if you don't!" In earlier threads, there were posters wondering why none of the locals cared about Jayme enough to tell anything and everything they knew about the family on the chance that it might help save her. *edit added to clarify my point*: But the Smrekars did try to tell what they knew, and some people think they wanted attention (or even worse, were involved in the crime.)

I interview older people a lot in my work as a genealogist. I do my research first, then try to fill in the remaining blanks using family local knowledge. But it's delicate work, because people become flustered when asked questions they don't know the answer to. Especially when they know it's something they aught to know if they had been paying attention. (You would be surprised how many older people can't tell me what their grandmother's maiden name was.) Then they get defensive and try to explain why it's not their fault that they don't know.

This defensiveness is what I hear in the Smrekars' words. They didn't pay attention to their Closs neighbors, and now they are left sputtering. I feel like they are saying "We just didn't or couldn't see the Closs's activities." I don't think they meant, for instance, that the Closs' never worked outside or mowed the lawn. They're just saying that's an example of what they can't see through the tract of thick trees separating their homes.

I'm going to attach two street view screen-shots. One showing the area between the Closs and Smrekar homes. The Smrekar driveway down the road in the picture has a white sign of some kind near it (and a red dot by me.

The second image is what a person would see of the Closs home and yard when driving by. The view would be almond completely blocked when the trees are leafed out. *edit added to complete my thought*: To me its easy to believe that neighbors and passersby couldn't see much of the Closs' yard.

So my view of the Smrekars is that they tried to help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181027-232241_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20181027-232241_Maps.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 165
  • Screenshot_20181027-232338_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20181027-232338_Maps.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Well someone made that 911 call, and with “yelling going on” atleast one victim was still alive, and one perpetrator likely there.

That 20 minute time gap is perplexing, because it appears that the perpetrator(s) and very likely Jayme, were still there at that point. Minutes before LE’s arrival.

I understand and agree. I just think it's important to recognize we're talking about a probability and not something that is a certainty. False assumptions about those kinds of details can delay discovering the truth.

I understand and agree. I just think it's important to recognize we're talking about a probability and not something that is a certainty. False assumptions about those kinds of details can delay discovering the truth.
Of course. But assuming that she was still in that house is not the least bit a stretch.

It is overwhelmingly likely to be true, as it makes complete sense based on that 911 call.

I think the timing of the gunshots is worthy of far more skepticism than Jayme somehow being gone when one of the victims called 911.

But I am leaning towards that timing being true, even though I don’t want to believe that.

I feel for the Smrekars, I really do. I can hear my dad saying "You're dam---d if you do, and dam---d if you don't!" In earlier threads, there were posters wondering why none of the locals cared about Jayme enough to tell anything and everything they knew about the family on the chance that it might help save her.

I interview older people a lot in my work as a genealogist. I do my research first, then try to fill in the remaining blanks using family local knowledge. But it's delicate work, because people become flustered when asked questions they don't know the answer to. Especially when they know it's something they aught to know if they had been paying attention. (You would be surprised how many older people can't tell me what their grandmother's maiden name was.) Then they get defensive and try to explain why it's not their fault that they don't know.

This defensiveness is what I hear in the Smrekars' words. They didn't pay attention to their Closs neighbors, and now they are left sputtering. I feel like they are saying "We just didn't or couldn't see the Closs's activities." I don't think they meant, for instance, that the Closs' never worked outside or mowed the lawn. They're just saying that's an example of what they can't see through the tract of thick trees separating their homes.

I'm going to attach two street view screen-shots. One showing the area between the Closs and Smrekar homes. The Smrekar driveway down the road in the picture has a white sign of some kind near it (and a red dot by me.

The second image is what a person would see of the Closs home and yard when driving by. The view would be almond completely blocked when the trees are leafed out.

So my view of the Smrekars is that they tried to help.
. Took me a while too.. it kept breaking off to other streets and I just kept going straight.. hope that made sense.

We have not heard that the police dash cams were on or off. In my book, they were off as the first two or even three cars responded within seconds of each other.

Only hearing yelling and a person saying “help” would sound like a domestic call IMO. I still wonder where the “suicide” description came from.

After the first officer was on site, the situation took a different turn. Dash cams were then turned on in follow up vehicles I would imagine. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member