AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem I see with that is that the operator's call never went through so there wouldn't be anything to alert him. Other than that, it could happen.
Maybe the perp/s only saw the phone in hand? That could cause enough panic to flee immediately.

(This is just my opinion and it is speculative based on a lot of online research in the area and my experience within the criminal justice system)

I believe it was someone who knew them, either through friends or family. Someone who worked with the girl’s parents. This perps are likely violent with a criminal past. I say that because if it was a drug related robbery, they had no reason to keep Jayme. It’s likely a sexually motivated for at least one perp and robbing them for the other(s).

Theory:
On the night of the crime, Perp 1 and perp 2 go to the Closs home. perp 3 (who probably works at Jennie-O's) is the lookout and lets 1 and 2 know when the father leaves the plant (Mr. Closs’ shift ended at midnight). perp 3 notifies 1 and 2, so they make entry into the house. The father clocks out at midnight, goes to his car, and drives home. He arrives and enters his home... at 12:31 (when neighbor hears shots) he is ambushed and killed by the perps inside. This creates a panic (probably) and a struggle ensues in which the mom is able to get away and hide in the bathroom. Perp 3 (who followed dad home from Jennie-O) grabs Jayme, while the other two go after the mother.
Between the perps who entered the house first and by the time dad came home, they were likely able to get some valuables...

They make their way either to MN, or somewhere in that area (all 3 of them most likely have lengthy criminal records in multiple counties, so they have plenty of hideouts).

the Cars likely arrived at the scene at different times, but were captured leaving together/ following one another.

Jayme is 100% a victim no doubt. In a general way my mind tends to go to the father. I’m sure he is acquainted with many different types of people through his job and related industry. He seems to work an alternate shift at work etc. He could be associated to or acquainted with an individual that he is unaware of to run with a harder crowd. Perhaps he has vouched for someone who has enemies. These are general thoughts. There is a crime/drug element in these midwestern rural areas and in fact organized criminal groups control narcotics etc. There could be factors operating that the family was unaware of. Perhaps the visit was “business of an associate” or in some way a debt needed to be paid. I believe Jayme was taken and she was a target for some reason. There is not enough information to go further, but i pray she is alive and the pieces can come together to locate her.

I am looking for the article about how the car was seen and called in because the person that seen it was worried someone was in it. it was one of the first 4ish post about it. there is a link here somewhere about how the red was showing and they pulled the car out with a wrecker so there wasn't a toxic spill from getting it out of the water....no luck so far in finding that article but it is here somewhere.
Car discovered in Fox River in Oshkosh

ETA: That is one story about it. Don't know of any others but there may be.

In the Mollie Tibbetts case, we were thrown off for weeks, by a red shirt.

I get the feeling that our “red shirt” in this case, is this red car in Oshkosh.

It’s more than likely a red herring.

Jayme is 100% a victim no doubt. In a general way my mind tends to go to the father. I’m sure he is acquainted with many different types of people through his job and related industry. He seems to work an alternate shift at work etc. He could be associated to or acquainted with an individual that he is unaware of to run with a harder crowd. Perhaps he has vouched for someone who has enemies. These are general thoughts. There is a crime/drug element in these midwestern rural areas and in fact organized criminal groups control narcotics etc. There could be factors operating that the family was unaware of. Perhaps the visit was “business of an associate” or in some way a debt needed to be paid. I believe Jayme was taken and she was a target for some reason. There is not enough information to go further, but i pray she is alive and the pieces can come together to locate her.
I really can’t see the perp being someone from his work. I don’t have a theory, but if it was someone from work or someone that had a major hatered for them someone would have known that. Unless it’s something that LE isn’t releasing for the safety of Jayme.

I would be so afraid if I was the locals. I was afraid a few years back about a case and got my concealed carry. Also, shotguns are great for home defense. They will go through a door if you feel that treatened... I wouldn’t know how to feel if I was the neighbors .. I feel for them
....they will go through a door, which is why I brought the article here on the last thread where relatives claim in an interview with CBS that the door was "shot in."

....they will go through a door, which is why I brought the article here on the last thread where relatives claim in an interview with CBS that the door was "shot in."
. With that being said, Was the door busted out in the middle with the frame intact?

In the Mollie Tibbetts case, we were thrown off for weeks, by a red shirt.

I get the feeling that our “red shirt” in this case, is this red car in Oshkosh.

It’s more than likely a red herring.
I agree it likely is not related, but I do hope LE is checking it out at least a little to be sure it isn't involved. I know it isn't what is being looked for, but at this point we don't know how much info they have beyond the ones they are asking to report. maybe they are certain 100 percent no other could even maybe be involved I don't know.

To address the neighbors:

They are a middle aged couple, dealing with the guilt of not calling 911 when they heard what they believed were gunshots.

At the time, they obviously weren’t overly concerned by what they heard. By now, they realize that they made a grave mistake.

They are being hounded by the media, and there is no playbook for how they should be behaving. Everyone reacts differently to stressful situations.

They may have been inconsistent, and said things in a way that people don’t like, but that in no way indicative of them being involved in anything nefarious.

The timing of this event is thrown off by their statements, and I can’t make sense of this crime, in part, because of the time gap between gunshots and 911 call.

I believe that they are telling the truth though.

This is what I believe too. Thanks for posting these thoughts so well. NONE of us know what we would do or say in their positions. I hate living by calendars and clocks now, because I had to be so precise for so many years. I would not be a good witness regarding time. I would likely be a much better witness regarding gunshots because I grew up in the country until I was Jayme's age and instinctually learned the sounds of guns and what they meant in time, distance and most types ( not automatic rifles though).

Also, we don't know the nearest neighbors at all. DH and I are both extremely introverted, shy people. This private community is just that, very private. Most people are extremely wealthy, and they pretty much keep to themselves. DH and I are not in that group, LOL.
Still, there's been no violent crime by strangers here, mainly because strangers aren't here without approval and all kinds of ID on CCTV and scanned into security computer logs. It's not a very friendly place to live like we were led to believe it would be by our realtor who lived inside our gates at the time of our home purchase.

. With that being said, Was the door busted out in the middle with the frame intact?
I do not know where the door was busted. But its not to say James could have been shot through the door before it was kicked in. Many were claiming earlier that Nancy Grace mis-reported the shots in the door. It was actuslly family who said it.

Grab her, throw her in a car, and luck out by driving in the opposite direction from which the police are coming.

It could be done in half that.
or do the unexpected and go exactly in the direction of police, they are responding to a urgent call, they aren't going to say oh wait that call can wait and ill pull this car right here over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli