AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To address the neighbors:

They are a middle aged couple, dealing with the guilt of not calling 911 when they heard what they believed were gunshots.

At the time, they obviously weren’t overly concerned by what they heard. By now, they realize that they made a grave mistake.

They are being hounded by the media, and there is no playbook for how they should be behaving. Everyone reacts differently to stressful situations.

They may have been inconsistent, and said things in a way that people don’t like, but that in no way indicative of them being involved in anything nefarious.

The timing of this event is thrown off by their statements, and I can’t make sense of this crime, in part, because of the time gap between gunshots and 911 call.

I believe that they are telling the truth though.

So what do you all think about this: I think maybe I should totally disregard the neighbor’s statement. I don’t think it’s accurate, I think they got the time wrong and either got the number of shots wrong or maybe just didn’t hear them all. Witness statements are notoriously inaccurate anyway and it’s not like they gave this statement immediately after the fact. And apparently they didn’t hear all the cops and emergency personnel converging on the property until the next morning?

This is where I'm at currently. For all of the above reasons, plus LE has never mentioned that a neighbor heard 2 shots at 12:31, nor that anyone heard anything that night prior to or during the crime. For all we know, maybe another neighbor chased off a fox getting into their chickens at 12:31. If other neighbors heard something or other neighbors were behind the 12:31 shots, LE knows that because LE would have gone around and interviewed everyone in the area. It seems like the other neighbors have simply decided not to speak to the press. If even one other neighbor heard the shots at the same time I might change my mind.

To address the neighbors:

They may have been inconsistent, and said things in a way that people don’t like, but that in no way indicative of them being involved in anything nefarious.
RSBM. Of course there's nothing nefarious. I don't trust their account and wouldn't use it for a solid timeline, but as far as nefarious? I agree, that's just plain silly.

It is my belief that it was known beforehand they would be taking her, for whatever reason. I feel there was a plan there. Thats a little much to work out (what do I do with her now?) for an afterthought. If not pre-planned then I feel like she would have been found in that home too.
They stayed to themselves and were becoming more reclusive.

I saw this mentioned on previous thread and along with mom being active in the Church/with It's members, it seems odd to me that the neighbours would classify them as "keeping to themselves and not answering the door" type of folks.

Makes me think that the Smezcaks (sp) may, for lack of a better term, be blowing smoke re: the Closs family.

Maybe the Closs' just didn't like them or thought they were nosey or whatever. Just because they had no interest in communicating with them, doesn't make them "hermits".

I think I will take whatever the Smezcak's say with a grain of salt.
It's probably worth noting that the Closs family would have been a bit awkward having such a young daughter at their age. I'm 52 with two daughters, 11 and 13 so I get a free pass to say this. It makes for a weird dynamic, and that may have a lot to do with why they're not all chummy with their neighbors.

RSBM. Of course there's nothing nefarious. I don't trust their account and wouldn't use it for a solid timeline, but as far as nefarious? I agree, that's just plain silly.
I don’t want to believe their account, because it really complicates things. I can’t discount these people though.

Hopefully we learn more, but for now, I’m leaning towards taking what they say at face value.

Even though this crime makes far less sense as a result.

what puzzles me about the car in the water is that as I understand it it was still floating where at least enough of it was above water to see that it was red. I think most ditched cars have the windows down so they will sink to the bottom. it isn't one of the models being looked for but could it be a car that was involved but not seen to be suspected. I can also see it totally not related at all, but by now they know who last had a title to that car by vin num I would think
The red car in the lake is being discussed a lot!

It's probably worth noting that the Closs family would have been a bit awkward having such a young daughter at their age. I'm 52 with two daughters, 11 and 13 so I get a free pass to say this. It makes for a weird dynamic, and that may have a lot to do with why they're not all chummy with their neighbors.
That's a good point. It is difficult being an older parent. When most of the parents are 10-15 years (and James' case maybe even 20) it makes it hard to find common ground and be overly friendly.

. Big hug
Thank you so much. I feel so for those left to put their lives back together, and I think the neighbors might be fearful that they're not safe now. I would be worried...
Also, the waves of grief for the Closs's just keep rolling over me, and I'm sure over most of us, or we wouldn't be here.
((( Hugs))) back, and to all.

It is my belief that it was known beforehand they would be taking her, for whatever reason. I feel there was a plan there. Thats a little much to work out (what do I do with her now?) for an afterthought. If not pre-planned then I feel like she would have been found in that home too.
I agree. I have a hard time grasping the idea of taking Jayme as an afterthought, on a whim, etc.

That's a good point. It is difficult being an older parent. When most of the parents are 10-15 years (and James' case maybe even 20) it makes it hard to find common ground and be overly friendly.
. I get that.. my oldest kid is 21 and youngest is 2.... so I can relate to that being an older parent . Sorry for the off topic.

They stayed to themselves and were becoming more reclusive.

Are you referring to the Closs family? That description doesn't seem to match them but I don't see who else you could be referring to.

We've heard that DC and young J were active at church, J went to lots of outside school activities and DC often attended events with her, DC was apparently active in charity things and raising money for causes like fighting cancer.

I am looking for the article about how the car was seen and called in because the person that seen it was worried someone was in it. it was one of the first 4ish post about it. there is a link here somewhere about how the red was showing and they pulled the car out with a wrecker so there wasn't a toxic spill from getting it out of the water....no luck so far in finding that article but it is here somewhere.

I know what you mean. Just when I have a theory, a new bit of information comes out that makes my theory impossible. This was just a normal couple, with a normal child, in a normal town and a normal home. They were home for the night, the next day was school and work and monster entered their home. Under most scenarios I've come up, taking Jayme makes no sense. None. I just don't get it and I can't imagine why they took her. I keep hoping we wake up tomorrow and the headline is that she was found at some truckstop hundreds of miles away, safe, sound and unharmed in any way. Because the only thing that makes sense is that someone came to kill Denise or James or both of them and they took Jayme as a potential hostage to use if they needed to.
I keep hoping the same. Still believing tomorrow will be another day closer to good news.

Thank you so much. I feel so for those left to put their lives back together, and I think the neighbors might be fearful that they're not safe now. I would be worried...
Also, the waves of grief for the Closs's just keep rolling over me, and I'm sure over most of us, or we wouldn't be here.
((( Hugs))) back, and to all.
I would be so afraid if I was the locals. I was afraid a few years back about a case and got my concealed carry. Also, shotguns are great for home defense. They will go through a door if you feel that treatened... I wouldn’t know how to feel if I was the neighbors .. I feel for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigi2023