AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I guess so! Most people I know are very much against guns, especially with all the school shootings. I can see having one in your home for protection but why carry one in your car? Unless the the theory is that the friend planned on the murder, it would seem too much of a coincidence that he just happened to have a gun in the car and went to retrieve it after becoming so enraged at James that he was compelled to shoot both he and his wife to death and then take Jayme. There would be some kind of evidence that another person was there. Imo.
Who would carry a very high calibre gun possibly a rifle in their car?

I think it's partially due to no marketing family spokesman like Mollie tibbetts father. Keeping a face up at press conferences every day surely helps.
Both Mr tibbetts and Daylan were on a street corner giving an interview all alone when Sharon Needles did his driveby. Money poured in and police were energized every single day. I believe that's how they received the neighbors video from all the facetime!

Not every family can do that.

A case with these circumstances and variables typically markets itself in my view, but Mollie's father being a marketer was certainly helpful in her case. I don't feel that the amount of money that poured into a reward fund for Mollie is what energized law enforcement in that case. I feel it was the facts of that case that energized them. Likewise, I'd say that LE agencies in this particular case are energized just fine. They're probably just focused on something other than the prevailing narrative, which is that it was some random depraved killer or killers that stormed into an off-the-highway home at 1AM and brutally murdered 2 parents and kidnapped their adolescent daughter. There seems to be something else going on here, IMO.

If I knew the area; From the house, head north or south on 12th or 13th Street which leaves Route 8 behind almost immediately. Then just keep on going at a reasonable driving speed while using only the back roads. Take a look on Google Earth and you'll see that plan would work (unfortunately very well, I think) whether he/she/they were traveling N-E-S or W.

I would certainly take the back roads. But if I was driving a Challenger or Charger, the roads would have to be paved or grated smooth. These cars ride very low and couldn't handle rough bumpy country roads. jmo

Deboning is the position, production is the department. And if you read how they do it, youll let you in on a secret. On the farm and when pregnant with my youngest, we decided to go next door to my cousins. I got out of the car, and smelled an odor I coukd

I think people would surprised as to how many people carry guns in their cars in that area.

I lived next door to Wisconsin ( Minnesota). There are a lot of strange crimes in Wisconsin. Ed Gein. Jeffrey Dahmer. A man who continued to have sex with dead horses.

I think Wisconsin is in the top three of states in the US that has alcohol problems. And we see from reports that the meth problem is huge in that area. Lots of RSO in that area.

There are also some unusual cults .

With those dysfunctional indicators, there can be many people who have led troubling lives.

This theory would be solid in most cases like this, as we’ve seen plenty of arguments during gatherings, escalate to mass shooting.

The issue I have, is twofold. The kidnapping, and the fact that there haven’t been any breaks here.

Crimes like that almost never end in kidnapping, as they are emotionally based, and the perpetrator generally isn’t thinking logically. He shoots, and leaves. Or commits suicide.

If there were any guests that night, LE would have identified them.
He may have wanted to finish what he started, and realized that could only be done away from the house.

There is always a chance that he wasn’t known to extended family.

A case with these circumstances and variables typically markets itself in my view, but Mollie's father being a marketer was certainly helpful in her case. I don't feel that the amount of money that poured into a reward fund for Mollie is what energized law enforcement in that case. I feel it was the facts of that case that energized them. Likewise, I'd say that LE agencies in this particular case are energized just fine. They're probably just focused on something other than the prevailing narrative, which is that it was some random depraved killer or killers that stormed into an off-the-highway home at 1AM and brutally murdered 2 parents and kidnapped their adolescent daughter. There seems to be something else going on here, IMO.

Oh I think the sheriff, a hero, and his men are doing a wonderful job. I might add he seems to care so much!

I only meant it helps to keep victims 'alive' for the cameras, support and moral as we move forward to have a good spokesman!

With that said not many can do that when they are grieving, sad and scared!

Well if there was a sexual attack on jayme in the home there would be good reason to take her! DNA Never thought of that!

Good sluething!
I had not thought of it either. The killer kicks in the door, shoots both parents, rapes the daughter and then abducts her. This would be aggressive character. "Brazen" was the word I read earlier and if this is the case it would certainly fit.

Some make more sense than others based on what we know. But, yes, we really can’t rule anything out 100%.
I haven't ruled out an unknown serial killer from out of state, or a person known to the family, or a local drug fueled maniac, or even a distant relative. That doesn't narrow it down much. Jmo

I haven't ruled out an unknown serial killer from out of state, or a person known to the family, or a local drug fueled maniac, or even a distant relative. That doesn't narrow it down much. Jmo
Haaa agreed. I never go with the “random psychotic killer” in cases like this, so the fact that this is still on the table for me, is indicative of just how bizarre this case is.

Yes, I guess so! Most people I know are very much against guns, especially with all the school shootings. I can see having one in your home for protection but why carry one in your car? Unless the the theory is that the friend planned on the murder, it would seem too much of a coincidence that he just happened to have a gun in the car and went to retrieve it after becoming so enraged at James that he was compelled to shoot both he and his wife to death and then take Jayme. There would be some kind of evidence that another person was there. Imo.
Plenty of people have a concealed carry permit.

Certainly would not want to take us off on the wrong direction but the use of a high calibre gun possibly a rifle has been suggested by two people that I know of, largely based on the sound of the alledged hearing of gunshots by the neighbors, Joan and Tom Smrekar.
Tom said on video: "It was a BIG gun" “It wasn’t like a hand gun or a 22 or a 410”....
The second person to suggest high calibre was KAREN SMITH, RETIRED DETECTIVE, JACKSONVILLE SHERIFF`S OFFICE interviewed by CNN's Banfield.
SMITH: "Right. I mean, what send chills down my spine was the fact that she said it was so loud. That tells me it`s a high caliber gun. I don`t know if we`re dealing with a rifle..."

So if this is correct and only LE will know this for sure. Is it only hunters who might have a gun of this size handy?

I think this was an extremely brave/crazy act on the part of the perp. This is a rural part of WI and most take hunting, especially deer hunting, very serious. When I was in school kids could get out of school to go deer hunting and I'm sure it is still the case. Also, I know the law was you had to be 10 to hunt deer, like with an adult, I am almost certain that law has been changed and now there is no age restriction at when you can start hunting deer with an adult supervising. I would like to hear from some current locals but I know very few people that DON'T have firearms in the area. This is a big hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, boating, 4-wheeling part of WI. So that is why I say the perp would be extremely brave showing up at the door with a gun as you never know but there would be a better chance than not the person on the other side of the door is on the business end of something even bigger. JMO

Certainly would not want to take us off on the wrong direction but the use of a high calibre gun possibly a rifle has been suggested by two people that I know of, largely based on the sound of the alledged hearing of gunshots by the neighbors, Joan and Tom Smrekar.
Tom said on video: "It was a BIG gun" “It wasn’t like a hand gun or a 22 or a 410”....
The second person to suggest high calibre was KAREN SMITH, RETIRED DETECTIVE, JACKSONVILLE SHERIFF`S OFFICE interviewed by CNN's Banfield.
SMITH: "Right. I mean, what send chills down my spine was the fact that she said it was so loud. That tells me it`s a high caliber gun. I don`t know if we`re dealing with a rifle..."

So if this is correct and only LE will know this for sure. Is it only hunters who might have a gun of this size handy?
I’m going with a shotgun here, based on the description of the sound.

It’s a common gun used in hunting and home defense.

Does anyone know the location of the Closs family gathering? I see an early report in the Daily Mirror indicating that it was at the Closs home and citing Mr Fitzgerald. "In the hours before the shooting, there was a family gathering at the Closs' home on Sunday afternoon, and Jayme was present, Mr Fitzgerald said."
The Grandfather is also quoted talking about his grandson's birthday: was it at his home?
Yes - reported earlier to be Grandfather's home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay