AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many threads ago I thought of that possibility and asked if trapping was still legal in WI and if so when. It was just a thought because if she was injured and in the woods, stepping on a trap could have sealed the deal. With the searches, dogs and almost 2 weeks of thinking I feel there is a very small percentage this happened.
JMO

Yes.
Regulations: https://dnr.wi.gov/files/pdf/pubs/wm/wm0002.pdf
Traps have to be checked at least once a day.
Although there is certainly illegal trapping. But I can't imagine someone letting a trap sit unchecked for over 2 weeks.

I really hope Jayme is found soon. However, if this ends up being a cold case, I really think it will eventually be solved. I have a feeling someone is going to end up bragging about it one day like we've seen in other cold cases over the years.

I also agree that someone somewhere knows something. I wish they would do the right thing and speak to LE.

Do you happen to know the name of the skating rink ?
No, I don't think the name of it was in the article. Maybe someone can find out. There can't be too many in that area. I had asked once if anyone knew where it was on a map but I'm not sure anyone did. There is one called Barron Ice Arena. Maybe that's it. It sounds like its a hockey rink but possibly also open for recreational skating. That adds one more place she may have been seen.

Last edited:
I am going to leave it with all of you good people for tonight. So goodnight everyone.

Before signing off though the first post I wrote early this morning is still my opinion as of tonight.

I believe all three were the intended specific targets. All three. Imo

After murdering his first two intended targets he purposefully took his last intended target just like he had planned to do all along.

ETA he took who he knew was most precious to the ones he murdered in cold blood.

He took the very one where he knew he could still continue to cause pain and suffering to those left behind who had always loved Jayme...James and Denise..

Jmo

Last edited:
Some of the most horrific cases I have read involving meth head suspects were unbelievably violent..before and when/how the murders were carried out.

All these posts about meth. What about K2, "bath salts", "plant food", etc. Lots of that stuff in Wisconsin. Plant food is the "eat someone's face" drug. I suppose it's also the right time of year for datura.

All these posts about meth. What about K2, "bath salts", "plant food", etc. Lots of that stuff in Wisconsin. Plant food is the "eat someone's face" drug. I suppose it's also the right time of year for datura.

Agree with this, and add to the list unnamed stuff that crops up occasionally. I have heard of straight up lawn clippings being laced with household chemicals rendering the users complete animals.

Off the wall question. Has LE put out any description of who they think they are looking for? Have they equivocally stated that they believe this was done by a female? Or did we all just jump to a conclusion that this was a male? Perhaps more than one?

IMHO this never felt random to me. This had an element of anger. Over what? We don't know. That a terrified young girl was taken from her home. From her loving parents. We do not fathom to wonder the horrors they all experienced.

I would be in shock if I witnessed what happened inside that home.

I like the idea of thinking of places someone could encounter Jayme (or her family--whomever we believe to be the main target) just in day-to-day life. IMO right now I am leaning toward someone who knows them in passing/in an acquaintance way. I just saw an episode of the ID show "Murder Comes to Town" where the family's regular pizza delivery guy (and accomplices) robbed them and killed their daughter.

I'm not pointing fingers at their pizza guy in particular, but IMO it could be someone along those lines--they know of the family and the family knows of them, but they are not a "regular" in their life, so LE may not have even thought to question them. I just feel like if it was a work vendetta, that would be really obvious (maybe not, but I feel someone else would have heard about it and that person would be exhibiting telling behavior).

So...delivery people? Mail people? Regular cashiers at stores in town (with it being a small town, I'm assuming there aren't a ton of stores, so they probably frequent the same places). Contractors to the home? Volunteers at Jayme's school?

Also, on a separate note about not parking in the garage--in my neighborhood, most houses have attached garages but I'd say about 80% of neighbors park their cars outside because they use their garage as additional storage for stuff.

This may seem strange, but I know someone who moved into a raised ranch on a hillside, very similar to theirs, with a 2-car garage in the basement area, that was built in the early 1970s... and there was NO staircase built in the basement to take you to the main living level!! If you pulled into the garage, you had to exit the garage, walk outside and use the front or back door to enter the house. So bizarre! Perhaps this was their setup, too. Or they just had alot of "stuff" so no room to hold even one vehicle in the garage area, which is common.

Wow! I've never heard of that. In the Midwest in the 50s and 60s I know ranch houses were built with basements completely below ground but the access to the basement was through the garage and even that was uncomfortable in the winter. NW Wisconsin winters can be brutal. I'd hate to think the Closs family had to go outside to access their garage when a doorway from their garage into the rest of the basement would be so easy to build. I haven't seen enough photos of the house to see if they had a basement beyond the garage. JMO

I hope LE has strong leads that they are working on and just making sure they have all the evidence they need.

I was hoping they could have found her by now. If LE isn't getting any closer, then maybe it's time they provided more information and see if the public can help.

It's a horrible, tragic thing that happened to this family.

Assuming Jayme was the target, then someone had to have observed her, interacted with her, or actually known her. In other words, not a case of someone seeing a kid once in a Walmart.

So considering that, here's a list of the places we know for a fact that Jayme frequented:

Her own home
Christine's Dance Studio
Church ( St. Peter's Catholic Church in Cameron, I believe)
The Home of her " care taker "
School
The homes of family members
Possibly the homes of her friends
Social Media

Am I missing anything ?

This is an excellent discussion you have started MountainKat.
There are also secondary places we don't "know" for sure, but since Mother and daughter were as "close as peas in a pod" ...
then maybe
a) regular food shopping together (which stores were frequented by them)
b) public library?
c) any cross-country courses, as she was an avid runner?

~A favorite restaurant of the family (possible)
~Place of parent's employment
~Jayme's doctor's office... dentist office
~Any company that came out to home such as
for appliance repair, yard maintenance, etc.
~Gas station(s) used by parents
~Car repair shop

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads