AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMOO - Probably way off but maybe...….
It could be possible that the altercation started way before gun shots and 911 call.

The grandfather stated early on that Mom and Jayme were at the family party, Dad was working. I don't think that would be something a person would lie about, why would he? Maybe Dad picked up a shift because he wanted to take Tuesday after the "big game" off, maybe they were short staffed IDK.

If he worked and if he got off at 12-12:30 he could have tried to call on his way home as usual and got no answer. Saw an unfamiliar car in the driveway or something else suspicious, rushed to the front door and was met by the perp (aware he is coming in). Shots fired, JC down in the doorway. Mom tied to kitchen chair while perp was "interacting with" Jayme or even vice versa. Jayme or Mom managed to get to the phone to dial 911 the perp saw/heard it, shot Mom and took off with Jayme.

I think it could be someone known to the family....maybe a friend/acquaintance of a relative who spent time around Jayme outside of Mom/Dad's presence?

I would first like to hear the 911 call, secondly would like to see the phone records for Mom, Dad and Jayme. That would paint a much clearer picture in my mind. I don't think it was random and I don't think it was a wrong address type of deal.

Again, pure speculation on my part, MOO, and so on.
Dad could have claimed he was working because he just didn't want to go to the party. I know people who tell lies like that all the time to get out of things or leave early. One coworker was quoted as saying he would take Tuesdays off because he would have hangovers after the game. He might have been planning to do that again that week. Would someone get tired of always having to take his shift because he was too hungover?
Is it possible the killer thought Jayme wasn't going to be there that night? They could have watched and looked through the windows (those broken blinds everyone hates to hear about over and over) and not seen her because she was asleep already.
They come to the door angry and dad meets them and argues. Killer might have gone back to the car to get a gun and dad tried to close it but killer gets there and shoots him. Follows mom and shoots her. Jayme hears and walks into the room. Oh no, she wasn't supposed to be there. Jayme panics and grabs moms phone tried to call 911 but the killer wrestles with her and takes the phone. They didn't want her to be there and had no desire to kill her so what do they do now? Cops are going to come so grab her and take her some where. Try to convince her to tell a story that would absolve the killer of responsibility.

Dad could have claimed he was working because he just didn't want to go to the party.

I honestly think the guy was at work, but just wanted to sort of agree with you by pointing out what the grandfather said was James was "working" not that he was "at work. " "Working" could mean a lot of things besides "at work."

I like the idea of thinking of places someone could encounter Jayme (or her family--whomever we believe to be the main target) just in day-to-day life. IMO right now I am leaning toward someone who knows them in passing/in an acquaintance way. I just saw an episode of the ID show "Murder Comes to Town" where the family's regular pizza delivery guy (and accomplices) robbed them and killed their daughter.

I'm not pointing fingers at their pizza guy in particular, but IMO it could be someone along those lines--they know of the family and the family knows of them, but they are not a "regular" in their life, so LE may not have even thought to question them. I just feel like if it was a work vendetta, that would be really obvious (maybe not, but I feel someone else would have heard about it and that person would be exhibiting telling behavior).

So...delivery people? Mail people? Regular cashiers at stores in town (with it being a small town, I'm assuming there aren't a ton of stores, so they probably frequent the same places). Contractors to the home? Volunteers at Jayme's school?

Also, on a separate note about not parking in the garage--in my neighborhood, most houses have attached garages but I'd say about 80% of neighbors park their cars outside because they use their garage as additional storage for stuff.

This is my first post so i'm not sure if i quoted mntnhiker right. I have followed several cases on webslauth but I have never posted before. I have followed every thread about this case since I heard about it. This post had me thinking. So I am a paramedic in the county the murder happened that you speak of. This pizza shop he worked at(and that most of those 4 boys worked at one time) is literally directly across from our station and we all get dinner there alot. Those boys were particularly violent. They beat the parents(who were older) repeatedly in the head and even after shooting their daughter continued to be violant towards them as she laid dying. They seemed to feed off each other. This case was obviously solved however looking at this case before it was solved, you might have thought it showed rage, the way they came in, beat elderly people while screaming exposives and shooting the daughter. When in fact these boys didn't even know them other then seeing them while delivering pizza. So here is some thoughts that I have.

1. How many people do we come in contact with on a daily basis that are just evil people and we have no idea. I frequently went to that pizza shop and interacted with those murderers and had no idea they were pure evil.

2. Maybe this murder wasnt rage towards dc and jc. Its possible it was multiple evil people that fed off each other while committing these terrible acts. I have unfortunately been on many violant calls and its not uncommon to have criminals feed off each other while committing crimes and giving no second thought of their actions.

Why Jayme was taking I have no idea but these were just a few things that came to my mind. I hope they find her alive.

I honestly think the guy was at work, but just wanted to sort of agree with you by pointing out what the grandfather said was James was "working" not that he was "at work. " "Working" could mean a lot of things besides "at work."
Could have also been that he only needed to come in for a few hours to help with something. Load deliveries, unload trucks.

Yet over 400K kids 0-20 are reported missing annually.
91% are runaways
(many being trafficked or in fostercare)
1% are stranger abductions
5% are family abductions
Source: National Center for Missing and Exploited Children

Attachments

• 6B59220F-DDA5-4461-8780-E4FD958E9080.jpeg
    6B59220F-DDA5-4461-8780-E4FD958E9080.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Sad, but more than understandable.

Parents in Barron County tell me they aren’t letting their kids go trick-or-treating alone this year.
Today marks the 16th day of searching for #JaymeCloss

Mary McGuire on Twitter

My hometown canceled Halloween due to a killer on the loose one year. Found him a few weeks later having committed suicide.

Dad could have claimed he was working because he just didn't want to go to the party. I know people who tell lies like that all the time to get out of things or leave early. One coworker was quoted as saying he would take Tuesdays off because he would have hangovers after the game. He might have been planning to do that again that week. Would someone get tired of always having to take his shift because he was too hungover?
Is it possible the killer thought Jayme wasn't going to be there that night? They could have watched and looked through the windows (those broken blinds everyone hates to hear about over and over) and not seen her because she was asleep already.
They come to the door angry and dad meets them and argues. Killer might have gone back to the car to get a gun and dad tried to close it but killer gets there and shoots him. Follows mom and shoots her. Jayme hears and walks into the room. Oh no, she wasn't supposed to be there. Jayme panics and grabs moms phone tried to call 911 but the killer wrestles with her and takes the phone. They didn't want her to be there and had no desire to kill her so what do they do now? Cops are going to come so grab her and take her some where. Try to convince her to tell a story that would absolve the killer of responsibility.
Ok, you are wrong! Nobody said he took off work after football due to hangover.
I believe he worked a night shift. Hard to watch Monday night football while you are at work. He prol would take Monday off from work to watch the game.
I just felt compelled to clarify that.
Happy Halloween

I believe he worked a night shift. Hard to watch Monday night football while you are at work. He prol would take Monday off from work to watch the game.
Happy Halloween
It was in an article as a direct quote from a coworker.
I will try to find the article again.

Happy Halloween

A family member after the funeral said it to demonstrate how much he loved the Packers. I realize the timeline doesn’t make sense but they do have games on Tues nights as well.

That's it, thank you. I need to get linking down on my iPhone. No problem doing it on my mainframe.
It’s highly unlikely to be connected. No one appears to be drawing any connections on social media or anywhere else.

I remember they also found a body during the Mollie Tibbetts case. The rumors started right away, although it was ultimately not her.

@Jabarn - Please, please, please don’t cringe. Have you ever heard the quote, “Bravery is not being fearless; it is being afraid and doing it anyway”? Calling in a tip is scary and you did it anyway; you are brave. Be proud you tried.

If everyone with a tip who was scared to call would just do it anyway, this would be solved because someone, somewhere knows something. Keep the tips coming, don’t let this get cold.

Edited to replace broken quote with @

Last edited:
It’s highly unlikely to be connected. No one appears to be drawing any connections on social media or anywhere else.

I remember they also found a body during the Mollie Tibbetts case. The rumors started right away, although it was ultimately not her.
It does say the body was found at 3:15 pm, that's 7 hours ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb