AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear I’m not sleuthing the caregiver. But I’m curious about this person only because of who they might know. For example, could the caregiver have a male friend who had been to the house/knew the layout/knew the family?
The caregiver was Jayme's aunt, who appeared on one of the press conferences I believe.

Just fyi, I'm in Southern California and local am radio was talking about the case at the top of the hour.

No new info. Just talking about how it's been 2 weeks etc.....Small town gossip (nothing that hasn't been discussed here).

Anyway, just wanted to share that it's still in the news out here.

I live in a foreign country , tiny, thousands of miles away and it has been in the news here.

• Has it ever been reported at all if any of Jayme's clothes were missing on the night she disappeared? LE would have checked her room and if the wardrobe was only half-full (for example lots of empty coat hangers) then would they presume that Jayme had prepared to leave that night? Or maybe the perp had given her a few seconds to grab some clothes before they left? Which would suggest that she was the target that night and it was planned in advance to take her.
    Honestly, I think the only people that would know that answer for sure are deceased. Especially the parent that did the laundry. Or maybe Jayme did her own, some do at that age.

I am saying, after the violent crime at the Closs home.
To make this more clear, I added the sentence, stating this, in an edit to my post.

There was "serious criminal activity" not related to the jayme Closs case but discovered in the neighborhood during one of the searches. Is that what is being referred to here?

I think the chain (if there was one) would break away first and you would not see the split wood of the door in that case. The chain is the "weaker link" iow.

If the door is kicked hard, the lock mechanism breaks away from the door, splintering the wood. Even a dead bolt will not hold. If you search online, the estimate is one kick, about 5 seconds to enter. A chain might hold a little longer because it would be anchored differently, but we don't even know anyone who has a chain. We live in the Midwest, not common around here.

Quickly scanned through the posts and all the mentions of septic tanks made me think of a case from a few years back in Ohio where Summer Inman was murdered and her body dumped in a church septic tank

Her ex MIL took a plea deal and gave up the location of the body some 20 miles away from where she was killed.

Body Of Missing Logan Woman Found In Church Septic System

Last edited:
Regarding the arrest, of the woman across the street from the Closs home, the day after the murders, in the Delphi Case there were many locals arrested at that time for unrelated crimes.
Perhaps a violent incidence, as in Closs home,has LE checking more deeply, in case there are incidents that can help the particular investigation.
Or.......as I suggested previously, maybe one of the Closs family members called police about a neighbors possible drug activity some day before the murders ....and this was their drug fueled revenge. Jmo

Given the delay in identifying the person(s) responsible for these crimes, I think there may have been a third party involved in a grudge against the father. Once the case is solved it will probably be politicized very quickly, similar to the Mollie Tibbetts case, and that will be unfortunate.
What about this case will be politicized? The Tibbetts case didn't become a political firestorm until after the arrest of the perp and his identity revealed. In this case, the public has been asked to search for vehicles. By now, I expect LE knows the names of all owners of such vehicles. JMO

I have a question and I am not trying to be a smart *** in any way, shape, or form, but has it been confirmed that the door was in fact kicked in?

Thank you!

I will try to help here, and others chime in.

There seems to be a definite breach at the front door. Conflicting stories on how that happened, whether the door was shot in or kicked in.

It does matter in the whole story of this crime.

If it was shot in, then everyone in the family would have heard it (if all three family members were home at the time). James, Denise, and Jayme would have a response. Not sure what that would be, since I have never been in that situation.

If it was kicked in, which seems more likely, then it opens up the possibility of other scenarios.

I do wonder about the sliding glass door on the side of the house.

There was "serious criminal activity" not related to the jayme Closs case but discovered in the neighborhood during one of the searches. Is that what is being referred to here?

I meant the case at the Closs home was violent.
I am sorry, I am not aware of other cases in the neighbourhood.

That's what I'm thinking--that she used her last strength to make the 911 call, and the reason she didn't speak to the dispatcher is that she didn't have enough life left.
I remember a case where an adult son came into his parents house in the night and shot them with a shotgun. The mother was shot in the face but was (surprisingly to the responding officers) still alive. They said they couldn't even put an oxygen mask on her because they didn't know where her mouth was. She managed to say her son shot them but after the surgeries and recovery she had no memory and denied that he was involved.

The person I referred to regarding the blackmail on the computer firstly came just for advice and wasn’t particularly perturbed by the whole incident and just wanted to know how the criminals had done it so that it wouldn’t happen again.

It was for exactly this example detailed by you , that I coerced him into officially reporting it as if he didn’t then we couldn’t try to stop these evil people BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY was the fact that although he wasn’t bothered by it particularly, I explained that it could be a youth in that situation and because of fear, anxiety about telling parents etc that this has happened, may try to do something stupid to raise the money like ‘Robbery of a bank ‘ and end up in prison for many years, future ruined OR even worse, through sheer panic about what to do and shame that they personally feel ( although there’s no reason to but the young brain cannot always think as rationally as an adult as it’s not yet developed sufficiently) they commit suicide ( which sadly , has happened).

So well done to your friends child for speaking out even though the last thing he probably wanted to do was tell his parents.

Another reason why we need to ensure that we can discuss problems with our children and make them feel comfortable in coming to us no matter what they have done.

I tell my children that they should always come and tell me, no matter what as I cannot help if I don’t know and even if it’s really bad and I may feel disappointed in them, I will always love them and help them in anyway I can to put things right and do the right thing.

I’m so glad you were smart and kind enough to be the voice of reason for your friend! I’m also glad he has the self-confidence to know life happens, mistakes are made and the news rolls on (even if it seems like it’s the type of hot tea folks won’t forget; they always do).

And I tell my daughter the same, but she’s at the age where she hasn’t had to see my mama tiger in action yet and wonders if the words “Always tell me everything, I just love you more than my life and want to help,” are lip service or a trap. I’m lucky, she’s young and we haven’t had to QC it yet but I’ve promised myself I’ll be cool, no matter what she ever discloses. Her safety comes first before everything, even my life.

I remember a case where an adult son came into his parents house in the night and shot them with a shotgun. The mother was shot in the face but was (surprisingly to the responding officers) still alive. They said they couldn't even put an oxygen mask on her because they didn't know where her mouth was. She managed to say her son shot them but after the surgeries and recovery she had no memory and denied that he was involved.

That's really sad.

For food, purchasing them at Supermarkets, Petrol Stations, while travelling to his destination, would not cause suspicion, if needed to travel a great distance.
If as you suggest he may be well known, at his final destination, he would not be suspected.

If they were travelling in a bright orange car with stripes it would be hard to miss.

moo. there is a game that a relative child was first introduced to at school, I don't know much about it, but am under the understanding it is a educational game as the log in info came from school. I let this relative child use their laptop at my home on my ip and router. seemed harmless enough. all my devices began acting strange. when my phone left the house or simply was logged off my network nothing else worked or worked very very slowly. could turn the phone off and back on and all was fine again. started takeing note that the problem happened everytime I let this child log onto my network. after many hours and having a tech here more than a couple of times we found out that the game had some type of something that was opening a back door into all the mobile devices on the network, it was not a program but a person acting, whoever was hacking into it was able to bypass the router security and could tell who was here or not by what device was or wasn't here. there was also a chat option on that game, and it was school encouraged! threw that game and back dooring into my phone pics ended up on line. I don't know the name of the game at this point and relative child remembers incident but not name of game. something completely innocent on this familys part could have put them in the path of killer.

We ALSO went through this with my daughter about 10 years ago. It may not be (and probably isn’t) a thing anymore, but if it is, delete ASAP; it was a game of fluffy cute animals with large eyes called “Guffins”. In fact, be careful of anything your kid wants to download that requires them to hijack the toolbar.

Last edited:
We ALSO went through this with my daughter about 10 years ago. It may not be (and probably isn’t) a thing anymore, but if it is delete ASAP; it was a game of fluffy cute animals with large eyes called “Guffins”. In fact, be careful of anything your kid wants do download that requires them to hijack the toolbar.

One of the doctors I work with brought his daughter in to work one day. She downloaded what appeared to be a Disney game on one of our computers, I remember seeing “Nemo” swimming across the screen. Her dad took a quick look at it, saw it was a Disney game, and gave her permission to download it.

Well- it wasn’t a Disney game. It had a chat option that popped up so she could could chat with other kids playing the game. We shut it down but not before it hacked into our computer.

The IT department gave us a stern lecture after that incident........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub