AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, even though searching the septic could be challenging, of course.

I grew up rural with "city" water and septic, so that kind of setup is familiar to me.

And some places can have both. We do. It can depend on when the house was built and when the city ran lines out there. We also have a cistern that we never use. The opening is under the floor in my yoga room.

Autopsy results of dead couple coming soon; search for missing teen continues

SABBMFF from above article:

Jayme attended a Cameron School but transferred to Riverview Middle School in Barron because her family caretaker moved to that area, said Fitzgerald. She is not considered a suspect in her parents’ deaths.
Fitzgerald said while the family was not known much in the community, they were very close with their relatives.
New poster to this forum, so apologies if this has been addressed in previous threads: Does anyone know what/who LE means by the statement that Jayme has a "family caretaker?" Did both of her parents work night shifts? Was LE referring to the fact that Jayme is watched by a family member, or do they mean that the family hired a caregiver for her? I can't find any articles where LE identifies any specific issues, e.g., medical, psychological, etc., that would make Jayme especially vulnerable (aside from her age, of course), so I'm assuming she doesn't have any special needs.

Welcome Gordian with your first post here.:):):)
Yes the 'caretaker' is her aunt.
I guess parents worked shift work, and Jayme needed to be safe.
MOO.

Autopsy results of dead couple coming soon; search for missing teen continues

SABBMFF from above article:

Jayme attended a Cameron School but transferred to Riverview Middle School in Barron because her family caretaker moved to that area, said Fitzgerald. She is not considered a suspect in her parents’ deaths.
Fitzgerald said while the family was not known much in the community, they were very close with their relatives.
New poster to this forum, so apologies if this has been addressed in previous threads: Does anyone know what/who LE means by the statement that Jayme has a "family caretaker?" Did both of her parents work night shifts? Was LE referring to the fact that Jayme is watched by a family member, or do they mean that the family hired a caregiver for her? I can't find any articles where LE identifies any specific issues, e.g., medical, psychological, etc., that would make Jayme especially vulnerable (aside from her age, of course), so I'm assuming she doesn't have any special needs.

That is interesting. Sometimes people will use the address of someone else in order to establish residency so their child can attend a better school. That may be all it is.

Yes, I felt like he was trying to show that anything from a half eaten piece of food to an article of clothing could be important. Imo
I thought about that too. Then...I thought Mcdonald wrappers are common roadside trash..but did he not say 'half eaten burger'? I think that's pretty specific. Just grasping. Lol

You are right. Prob not a legal thing. I think the school superintendent first used the term “caretaker”. Mom had to say Jayme was living with aunt and gave her address as Jayme’s address in order for her to go to the other school. You don’t get to pick schools based on where your babysitter or “aftercare provider” lives.
Wisconsin has what is called Open Enrollment and you can apply to attend school in a different district than the one you live in. So you can, in fact, apply to attend a school in a different school district. There are limits, of course, such as the number of non-resident students the district can take in.

Open Enrollment - General Information

Wisconsin has what is called Open Enrollment and you can apply to attend school in a different district than the one you live in. So you can, in fact, apply to attend a school in a different school district. There are limits, of course, such as the number of non-resident students the district can take in.

Open Enrollment - General Information
I read that several threads back but wasn't sure of the exact details. Since the term "caretaker" was used by the superintendent, I'm guessing it has something to do with the paperwork involving who had permission to pick her up from school, or from sports events. That person was likely listed as a secondary caretaker, so that the parents would not have to write a note every time, and also so they had the caretakers emergency contact information. Jmo

I think killer knew her, had a record, knew where to get cars, knew where to hide people and cars (as a result of time in jail and parents w criminal backgrounds). I believe Jayme is alive and that she is in hiding. The reason LE is playing this so close to the proverbial “vest” is because the details are so scurrilous that it will make a lot of people look bad and does no good to help find her. Killer may have had help as well. What doesn’t make sense, is why kill Denise? Because she wouldn’t let Jayme leave?
Early on, a news outlet in GA said FBI says to be on the lookout for Challenger in GA. Later, they added highway boards in other states.View attachment 153862

I remember an earlier poster from GA said he reported a red orange Challenger sighting but felt silly doing so.
Little did he know!

I remember hearing about this a few weeks ago, how the area has seen an increase in the trafficking

Georgia had the 7th highest human trafficking cases in the U.S.

In 2017, there were 276 confirmed cases, involving 423 victims. Those numbers are up from 2016, when there were 255 cases.

Officials attribute the expansive interstates and airport as two of the reasons for Georgia's high rates.
Metro sex-trafficking sting rescues nearly 160 children, authorities say

Thanks for link. I have reached limit apparently. Grandma said Jayme gave out gifts for everyone. But Denise may have helped her do that?

Have seen no baby pics but they look alike and same hair color as mom and mom’s mom.
I don't think Grandma said anything. She has been dead for over two years. Probably someone else that said that.

Welcome Gordian with your first post here.:):):)
Yes the 'caretaker' is her aunt.
I guess parents worked shift work, and Jayme needed to be safe.
MOO.
Since Jayme was with her "caretaker" Aunt quite a bit, I am just grasping for any new speculation....could the Aunt have been the target? It seems the parents were squeaky clean with no known grievances with anyone? I am *NOT* suggesting the Aunt has done anything wrong, I am just wandering if the nut case was looking for her and not the parents?
Creepy thought, but I'm trying to look at any and all possibilities.
WDYT?

Amateur opinion and speculation only!

Since Jayme was with her "caretaker" Aunt quite a bit, I am just grasping for any new speculation....could the Aunt have been the target? It seems the parents were squeaky clean with no known grievances with anyone? I am *NOT* suggesting the Aunt has done anything wrong, I am just wandering if the nut case was looking for her and not the parents?
Creepy thought, but I'm trying to look at any and all possibilities.
WDYT?

Amateur opinion and speculation only!

It is a lead, and one I am sure has been explored *hopefully.* The parents were gunned down in their own home though, so that was the address known by the killer, maybe killers.

I do believe the Aunt played a big part in the raising of Jayme, more than likely she was labeled a caretaker for schooling purposes. IMO I feel as if she has nothing to do with any of this, but anything is possible.

ETA
Also, the Aunt was the one chosen to do the press conference. It's apparent that she would be the closest family member that Jayme had left. (second mother)This is why they used her to try and reach out to her if she was able to hear.

Last edited:
Hopefully the autopsy gives them some sort of DNA clues.
Her aunt was her babysitter basically because her parents both worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches