AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it’s not something heard on the call. If the phone was not near either of the deceased victims then someone else made the call, thus Jayme. Maybe they didn’t find the phone in the house. I have heard no report that they have the phone, correct me if I am wrong. MOO

Per the Sheriff on CNN they have the phone the 911 call was made from.

On HLN's "Crime & Justice" Wednesday night, Fitzgerald told host Ashleigh Banfield that deputies had recovered the cell phone from which the 911 call was made.

Jayme Closs disappearance: Search for possible evidence along a highway comes up empty. - CNN

Because I have been guilty of this myself, if you haven't read the 1st page of the thread (the same info is repeated and updated on each new thread) I would highly recommend it. Especially the media, maps etc.. (press conferences & releases) Many of the questions I see asked can be answered by checking it out. It's worth the time.

A more than sad ending would be that if Jayme is deceased, her body might not be found for a long time, meaning all clues would have disappeared. That means the killer would be free to strike again. I sure wish my train of thinking wouldn't go here.
I know. Even worse, maybe he HAS done this before, and this time he was more confident since he had already gotten away with killing someone. It seems like such a brazen attack, and now he seems to be gone without a trace. LE has closed out so many tips, and still not one single lead. It seems so ominous... jmo

Last edited:
I listened to audio of the dance instructor speaking, I am searching everywhere and cannot locate that. She received a text from Denise that Sunday to determine other available dance classes bc of a scheduling issue Jayme needed to be switched to a different class. Where oh where is that audio clip? I had not heard that.

Has LE said where the video footage caught these cars? Were they together? And what highway, or what direction they were heading? That would be useful information.
No, they are more interested in hearing from anyone who has seen those cars at all, around the time of the murder and for the two week period they are interested in. If they give a specific location, it makes it harder determine whether they are relevant sightings. But if it matches what they know, they can verify it more accurately. Imo

I worry sometimes that we want info released, just because it is interesting to us.
Often times, when I watch the ID channel, it concerns me that is somewhat like a dark form of "entertainment" for lack of a better word.

The odds are not high that we here on this forum will solve the crime that the police and local neighbors cannot. Sure , we can come up with GREAT theories, very possibly even land on something close to the actual true scenario. But in the end, how does that help?? Since we have no evidence that our theory is true, we can't exactly expect to just jam the tip-line with guesses....as if that would cause LE to say "AHA, ReckoningDay has just solved the case. Now we know who to arrest!"

I used to be convinced I was watching and reading so I COULD help solve a case. Due to some very personal circumstances, I felt I could simultaneously help, and also heal my own heart somewhat. Realistically, unless I'm one of the volunteers out searching, or have personal knowledge of a local case, I'm not really helping.
One reason I think this way, is this:
My family was once very instrumental in solving a double murder which would probably have gone cold, as we had just happened to hear a seemingly unrelated conversation by someone about a strange incident , even before it was known there was a murder. When we were helping search for the missing victims, by an odd coincidence we noticed something missing from the house that should not have been, that caused us to red-flag the suspect, due to something mentioned by someone in an off-hand way, and something he had in his possession. (Intentionally being vague, as my family is on this guy's hit list now, or so we were informed.) All that to say this, when it all fell into place, it made perfect sense (to me) because i knew both the victims and killer well. But it took an act of Congress to get the police to listen to us. Even though they knew that WE knew the people well, they felt we were going on "hunches" or coincidences, and admittedly, there was a lot of gut instinct involved. But we had to practically harrass them to get them to follow up on our tips. They finally relented and checked this guy out....right before he fled the country. They told us later if it had not been for our insistence, the perp OR the bodies would never have been discovered. So realistically, I'm thinking if it is that hard for a local to get taken seriously, that my theorizing on a forum is just whistling in the wind.

I'm sorry...I'm feeling cynical tonight, I guess.

Thanks Compass...
It was said here LE does have Denise's phone
Mystery is why 911 was called but no one said anything directly, just background sound of yelling, commotion
Whether Denise, Jayme or whomever...
Can only figure they were silent as to not draw attention to what they were doing...or in Denise's case: she was wounded, perhaps could not speak....
I think Jayme was heard, or was referenced during that call....
Unless...
the phone was found well away from Denise's body....(assuming James was shot dead immediately)
then the presumption, though it could be false, is that Jayme dialed 911....
I do believe the silence was an attempt to avoid detection while also summoning help. It is unfortunate that help came too late to help the parents. I hope this case is solved soon. JMO

Yes, especially since the crime was so horrendous and brazen and drew so many departments and investigators. That's why I think the perp was: 1) local to the area. 2) Was a stranger to the family. 3) Only saw Jayme from afar or in a public place. 4) Has no serious previous criminal record. 5) Highly intelligent. 6) Knows the local roads. 7) Has some kind of military or other training.

Lots of vacation homes in the area. Someone could know the local roads but not be a local. Example would be the troubled young adult son of some summer people, who don't use their cabin very often any more, and never used it when it's cold out. They might not have any idea the son is even in the midwest. Maybe a runaway they haven't seen for years. Or they think he's in the military but he was kicked out. Vacation homes would most often be from people in the Twin Cities or Chicago/Northern IL. I'd guess IL because it's a lot further drive so more apt to have people who don't go up there as often.
The local people might not know him, but he'd know them. When I lived in a northern vacation area, the people we knew were the locals. Most locals avoided the summer people, except those whose jobs revolved around tourisim. As long as he wasn't too annoying or calling attention to himself, he would be just a faceless entity to the locals. He could go into Kwik Trip or McDonalds a few times a week, as long as he wasn't chatty, and was nondescript looking, noone would notice.

Last edited:
Does anyone ever share these threads with LE? I know they are working hard and very busy, but members have offered a number of great theories. Just wondered if LE would benefit from the ideas. Thanks- new here, still figuring it out.

Lots of vacation homes in the area. Someone could know the local roads but not be a local. Example would be the troubled young adult son of some summer people, who don't use their cabin very often any more, and never used it when it's cold out. They might not have any idea the son is even in the midwest. Maybe a runaway they haven't seen for years. Or they think he's in the military but he was kicked out. Vacation homes would most often be from people in the Twin Cities or Chicago/Northern IL. I'd guess IL because it's a lot further drive so more apt to have people who don't go up there as often.
The local people might not know him, but he'd know them. When I lived in a northern vacation area, the people we knew were the locals. Most locals avoided the summer people, except those whose jobs revolved around tourisim. As long as he wasn't too annoying or calling attention to himself, he would be just a faceless entity to the locals. He could go into Kwik Trip or McDonalds a few times a week, as long as he wasn't chatty, and was nondescript looking, noone would notice.
You have a valid point. Some of the hardest cases to solve involve people who live under the radar whether intended or not.

We aren’t helping here. There’s just not enough information. I want Jayme home as much as anyone, but right now there’s nothing new to contribute. Sorry for the pessimistic statement.

Yeah LE has designated people following all and any blogs.
They don’t want to give out too much info that they have because if someone talks and mentions some info that hasn’t been disclosed a red flag comes up.
This tactic has been around forever. Just leaves us amateurs frustrated but we have to respect the integrity of the investigation

They don’t want to give out too much info that they have because if someone talks and mentions some info that hasn’t been disclosed a red flag comes up.
This tactic has been around forever. Just leaves us amateurs frustrated but we have to respect the integrity of the investigation
Thank you

Does anyone ever share these threads with LE? I know they are working hard and very busy, but members have offered a number of great theories. Just wondered if LE would benefit from the ideas. Thanks- new here, still figuring it out.
I don't believe anyone shares these threads with LE. However, LE does read posts about cases on here, maybe not every case, but they do.

Can anyone verify for me if it is OK to contact a family member? Because I thought this was a violation of TOS and a big one? Reason I ask is because someone has and linked back to this site. If it is ok I will let it be. If not I will send SS to admin.

Can anyone verify for me if it is OK to contact a family member? Because I thought this was a violation of TOS and a big one? Reason I ask is because someone has an linked back to this site. If it is ok I will let it be. If not I will send SS to admin.
If you have any concerns you can just click "report" on your previous post and ask a mod. HTH!

I worry sometimes that we want info released, just because it is interesting to us.
Often times, when I watch the ID channel, it concerns me that is somewhat like a dark form of "entertainment" for lack of a better word.

The odds are not high that we here on this forum will solve the crime that the police and local neighbors cannot. Sure , we can come up with GREAT theories, very possibly even land on something close to the actual true scenario. But in the end, how does that help?? Since we have no evidence that our theory is true, we can't exactly expect to just jam the tip-line with guesses....as if that would cause LE to say "AHA, ReckoningDay has just solved the case. Now we know who to arrest!"

I used to be convinced I was watching and reading so I COULD help solve a case. Due to some very personal circumstances, I felt I could simultaneously help, and also heal my own heart somewhat. Realistically, unless I'm one of the volunteers out searching, or have personal knowledge of a local case, I'm not really helping.
My family was once very instrumental in solving a double murder which would probably have gone cold, as we had just happened to hear a seemingly unrelated conversation by someone about a strange incident , even before it was known there was a murder. When we were helping search for the missing victims, by an odd coincidence we noticed something missing from the house that should not have been, that caused us to red-flag the suspect, due to something mentioned by someone in an off-hand way, and something he had in his possession. (Intentionally being vague, as my family is on this guy's hit list now, or so we were informed.) All that to say this, when it all fell into place, it made perfect sense (to me) because i knew both the victims and killer well. But it took an act of Congress to get the police to listen to us. Even though they knew that WE knew the people well, they felt we were going on "hunches" or coincidences, and admittedly, there was a lot of gut instinct involved. But we had to practically harrass them to get them to follow up on our tips. They finally relented and checked this guy out....right before he fled the country. They told us later if it had not been for our insistence, the perp OR the bodies would never have been discovered. So realistically, I'm thinking if it is that hard for a local to get taken seriously, that my theorizing on a forum is just whistling in the wind.

You are right of course Reckoning. There is very little chance that what we do here will actually “solve” any of the crimes we are discussing. But the value of the discussion is beyond measure I think. Keeping a crime in the public eye, whether it is unsolved or solved, is a tribute to the victims. It acknowledges their lives, their pain and suffering, and in some cases the terrible way they died. I think we owe them that - to bear witness for them, because if not us, then who will? I had this very discussion today with some friends who were angry that the details of sweet baby Hazana’s terrible abuse and death had been made public in the news. I did not want to know those gruesome circumstances either, but feel like it is her story, and must be told so that Hazana’s life and death would not be in vain and forgotten.

Here is a link to a recent interview wth Tricia that talks about why we are here. It might help you sort out some of your mixed emotions about being here. I think we all struggle with it at times, and that’s human. I think it’s worth examining our own purpose often. I thank you for even broaching the subject. It helps me to question myself too.
Citizen Detectives Uncover Crime Clues On Websleuths Online Forum

Now, having said all that, I am stunned by your personal experiences with a crime you and your family helped bring to a resolution. I understand that you cannot share much about it, but I want to thank you for working as hard as you had to for LE to take your infirmation seriously and as a result, justice was served and a victim laid to rest. You have more experience than just about any of us here in putting together the pieces of clues. God bless you for what you did. Give yourself huge credit for speaking up when you could have said nothing. You are awesome!

Similar thoughts have run through my mind... what are we even doing here? What exactly is “sleuthing” anyway? Please don’t tell me that we’re solving crimes because we’re not. I guess in a way this is a support group for people trying to come to terms with whatever happened here. The closer these crimes come to me and my family the greater my need to understand.

That’s why I’m following mostly from the shadows now and posting very little. At this point I believe I know what happened and why. Others may or may not agree and I could be completely wrong, but for now I believe these discussions have helped me make sense of it all. And that to me is what “sluething” is and why I continue to follow.

I like to overthink everything. We have no clue here so we're suggesting everything from friends to aliens. Rumors are flying on social media. If someone happens to guess something that turns out to be right, will they be suspect? Professor Plum in the conservatory with a candlestick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member