AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes HE did and this Juanette *lol* and others busted him, and IIRC it was also done in Casey Anthony case. A lot of them probably do.
Off topic!
Wouldn't Caylee be 13 now?☹
Time flies now that I'm a "Pammaw"...
I want to move my daughter, her newborn and her husband into my home so I know they are safe!
It's a scary world after all!
Praying Jayme is ok.
Then again I don't want her to have to live with the trauma she witnessed .
Moo

Does any remember that case where the older man was killed in his home- his son and daughter in law showed up to bring him a pie and they were held hostage for a bit and the suspects took their license and wallets, belongings etc. The son was accused at first of killing his father and finally suspects girlfriend came forward and admitted she knew about it that her boyfriend killed the man for his gun collection?!! Suspect ended up being the son or grandson of a man that the victim was friends with! It was one of the craziest crime stories I have heard and how it all came full circle was crazy!

This case reminds me of this somehow... lol that’s my point!
That 2nd or 3rd degree of separation is not unusual. People on the periphery of friends or family of victims often get inside information and feel they have anonymity. There likey are shady people connected to someone the Close family knew, as there probably are to most of us. But the motive?

I agree with you ReckoningDay; It is understandable one would feel cynical. Your family’s persistence was important.

You touched on how I think the Locals in Barron might feel about not being listened to, or taken seriously at this point if they DID come forward.

I’m sure a lot of Locals would also be really scared too. They would elect to not come forward. I know I would be scared, after seeing the amount of horror visited on the Closs Family.

When we look at the ages of the deceased:

a) James: 56 years old

b) Denise: 46 years old

That’s a lot of ADULT years accumulated between them. They have come into contact with so many strangers, community members, family and friends during the course of their entire lives.

And we all know: There’s been so many cases where someone held a grudge FOR 20 OR MORE YEARS.

As examples, In both of these cases below, the perceived offense could be summed up as (MOO) :

a) “I blame you for cheating me out of the patent money, but then you prospered” 'Hand marks of blood on the wall': Douglas Garland murder trial hears graphic evidence from boy's mother | CBC News

b) “I blame you for my mother’s death on the operating table”: https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...e-more-information-in-slaying-of-13123522.php

And then the killer held onto that grudge for many many years, only finally exacting revenge long after the offense or PERCEIVED OFFENSE OCCURRED.

JMHO: It may be that the Locals in Barron might know something. But, they are so scared of coming forward, and saying ………‘oh yeah, 10 years ago, John-so-and-so was really upset with MR/MRS Closs, ........ blamed them for…….……”.

If LE were able to elicit the Locals to talk, it would be interesting to hear the answers to these questions:

In the last 2 years, 5 years, 15 years, ….. Did either of the Closs’ ever……

a. have to testify against someone in court ?

b. give investment advice to people ?

c. sell something of value to someone but then the item was deemed defective? Non-authentic?

d. attend estate sales…........where someone believed The Closs' acquired something worth a lot of money that “should have stayed within our family.”

e. get the blame for causing the end to someone’s marriage.

The list of possibilities is endless, and could go back 20 years or more, as we have seen in other cases. But LE may never really hear the truth, because people in Barron, understandably, would be too scared to talk, knowing they are implicating someone who is seemingly capable of double homicide and abduction of a teen.

This is an excellent thought provoking post.
Lots of history and avenues to pursue.
And while I have been baffled why more information has not been uncovered, at least to LE even if they could not disclose it to the public, I now see how terrifying it could be to come forward if one knows something, especially in such a small town.

Is there a place where all of the media sources already cited is located on WS. I'm desperately searching for the audio of Jaymes dance instructor.

Similar thoughts have run through my mind... what are we even doing here? What exactly is “sleuthing” anyway? Please don’t tell me that we’re solving crimes because we’re not. I guess in a way this is a support group for people trying to come to terms with whatever happened here. The closer these crimes come to me and my family the greater my need to understand.

That’s why I’m following mostly from the shadows now and posting very little. At this point I believe I know what happened and why. Others may or may not agree and I could be completely wrong, but for now I believe these discussions have helped me make sense of it all. And that to me is what “sluething” is and why I continue to follow.

I've had a lot of tragedy in my life. It's such a conundrum, trying to make sense of madness.

I was friends with a couple. Beautiful, loving people. Educated. Involved in community. A great circle of friends. They hit a rough patch in their marriage and got divorced. He shot and killed his newly ex-wife, their two small children, the ex-wife’s female partner, but let the partner's young daughter that was in the house...live. He then killed himself.
My husband and I still can't get over it and I don't think we ever will. I have come to terms with the fact that there are situations that will never make sense and sometimes you can't make sense of ones madness. MOO.

I honestly never bothered to look at their address with street view (only looked at basic overview map) and to me that's definitely not somewhere random anyone would find at night, you have to know that place is there. I needed a minute to find it through that brush with a daylight picture.

And on the other hand if you slowed down at night, you'd see that small dirt driveway entrance which would let you know there's probably a residence there.

I've always said in conversations with the wife I couldn't live that close to a busy roadway in a somewhat rural setting. I'd be too freaked out at night about someone doing something similar to this case.

Nothing wrong with how or where they live, it's just that a place like theirs can be accessed simply by crazy people 'passing through'. Or if someone has something personal and wants to act out, they can simply pull into that driveway quickly off the road late night and you'd have no time to really react.

Seeing an actual picture of the house and road just made me think about how tough this might be to solve. You'd be gone quick on that road with light traffic at night.

I added nothing with this discussion, simply a couple thoughts/angles on that property location. You could be targeted or randomly chosen because of location. It's somewhat hidden, but right on the road.

But if the murders were committed to eliminate some past knowledge, why abduct Jamye and make it a bigger case by drawing in the FBI? Why not just eliminate her too? I think it was a planned kidnapping and nothing else.
You can also plan a kidnapping without killing 2 people... Especially, with the apparent skills involved here. This killer was Prepared to kill as well as to evade detection and capture.

If this was planned and Jayme is treated well, I would think her hair now has been cut, to being very short: perhaps dyed.
The Perpetrator could possibly have Jayme dressed as a young boy, in case she is seen by others, as they travel great distances to the destination/hideout.
There would be another vehicle involved immediately after the murders.
MOO.
They could just as easily be a mile down the road.

Did they know a lot of diplomats? Or people who own private jets?
I have no idea who they knew. I was responding to someone that seems to think it is hard to get a young girl out of the country... it is not. People turn up in mexico quite a bit. Canada is closer and easier.

Honestly and respectfully, what shard of proof is there of any theory, opinion, or thought in this case?
ETA At this point what shard of evidence is there that drugs are not involved? Disproving something is the reverse of proving and in cases like this can be an effective strategy.
Deduction works. I see nothing in the public information that resembles tweakerz either burglarizing or otherwise attacking the Closs's. Drugs could be a motive, but doesn't seem likely based on any known facts. Money, sex, serial killer are more likely motives.

I found the Dance Instructor on NG pod. Her info may shed light on something imo. What that something is idk. Reporting that dance instructor received a text from Denise that Sunday start at 07.16min
"Missing Jayme Closs -- Wisconsin girl disappears as both parents are shot dead at home"
"Scared that nobody knows anything" Fink said she had just been texting with Denise Closs over the weekend about Jaymes dance schedule. "...today coming into work I was going to try to find another class for her and instead we're doing this"
Its reported in a news report here:
Wisconsin town on edge with search for missing teen, parents found shot to death
"..Fink said the mood had been "somber" with the realization that part of their family was missing.
"That ache doesn't go away," she said.
Jayme, a quiet, sweet girl who blossomed under encouragement, has taken dance classes since at least 2010, Fink said. She was scheduled to come in for a 5:40 p.m. class Wednesday with two other girls. Instead, Fink expected she would let Jayme's classmates and parents talk about their missing friend.

Tearing up, Fink said she can't help but wonder what Jayme is going through.

People feel frustrated and helpless, she acknowledged, wanting to make sure no stone is left unturned to bring Jayme home. But she said she was encouraged by Fitzgerald's efforts, along with those of state and federal authorities.

"We have to trust the process," Fink said. "She's out there ... we're praying so hard for her...."

So was Jayme changing her schedule for some classes but not all classes Or after a specific date? Its relevant IMO bc the scheduling conflict reason may be important. IMO, It could be nothing it could be something. I thought her caregiver would get her to dance if parents were unable to. So is it possible somebody else would take her to dance when her parents or caregiver were unabe to take or pick her up.

Last edited:
I would phrase it differently and say that so far at least there's no indication that Jayme isn't alive. Until we know otherwise I'm going to assume she is alive. In a couple weeks the Wisconsin gun deer season is going to start and many thousands of hunters will be in the woods. I'll be holding my breath until deer season is over, hoping that nothing bad is discovered during those 9 days.
Just a quick question: gun deer season is only 9 days in WI.? Ours in NYS starts Nov. 17th but lasts for a good month.

I honestly never bothered to look at their address with street view (only looked at basic overview map) and to me that's definitely not somewhere random anyone would find at night, you have to know that place is there. I needed a minute to find it through that brush with a daylight picture.

And on the other hand if you slowed down at night, you'd see that small dirt driveway entrance which would let you know there's probably a residence there.

I've always said in conversations with the wife I couldn't live that close to a busy roadway in a somewhat rural setting. I'd be too freaked out at night about someone doing something similar to this case.

Nothing wrong with how or where they live, it's just that a place like theirs can be accessed simply by crazy people 'passing through'. Or if someone has something personal and wants to act out, they can simply pull into that driveway quickly off the road late night and you'd have no time to really react.

Seeing an actual picture of the house and road just made me think about how tough this might be to solve. You'd be gone quick on that road with light traffic at night.

I added nothing with this discussion, simply a couple thoughts/angles on that property location. You could be targeted or randomly chosen because of location. It's somewhat hidden, but right on the road.
interesting... I'm sure there are criminals out there who use geographic tools like Google Maps/etc to plan their crimes.

“"My thing of it is, why? Why. They're normal people," Ruffin said. "They don't bother nobody, they go to work, they go home. They go to their family. So why? That's all my question is-- and today for the funeral, I pray that they are at peace with themselves and resting in heaven at peace."“

Funeral held for parents of missing WI girl

<snip>

Re: Denise appearing to have barricaded herself in the bathroom, a question for the parents here: can any of you think of a scenario where you would lock yourself into a bathroom with a gunman loose in the house without first making sure you had your daughter there with you so you could shield/protect her? If Denise barricaded herself in the bathroom and JC was outside, that is IMO a troubling aspect to this case...because again IMO, if the perp was a total stranger unknown to the family, there is no way Denise would have done that.

<snip>.

Given the time of night, it's completely probable (IMO) that DC and Jayme weren't even in the same area to begin with, as presumably they were in their respective rooms.

It's totally possible that DC couldn't get to where Jayme was if the perp(s) were between them and/or that she was shot trying to get to her, leaving her with only the hope of trying to make a 911 call to get help for ALL of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member