AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if already posted. Winter weather advisory in Barron. Call me a fool for being positive but if someone is holding Jayme in an outdoor, underground place a serious change in weather could cause a move.
"WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY
The NWS has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for Barron County. This Advisory runs from now until 4:00 PM with predictions of 2” to 4” of snow expected, and 3” to 5” inches east of Rice Lake.
Even though it’s been warm lately, please slow your driving speed and allow a little extra time to safely reach your destination.
Mike Judy, Emergency Services
Barron County Sheriff’s Department"
Barron County Sheriff's Department

That amount of snow is laughable to us Northern people. 2-4 inches is nothing. Maybe with winds it would make an issue. Otherwise, that is nothing

I honestly never bothered to look at their address with street view (only looked at basic overview map) and to me that's definitely not somewhere random anyone would find at night, you have to know that place is there. I needed a minute to find it through that brush with a daylight picture.

And on the other hand if you slowed down at night, you'd see that small dirt driveway entrance which would let you know there's probably a residence there.

The trees and brush that obscure the view are deciduous. It wouldn't be so hard to see in the fall, with the leaves gone. And easier at night, with lights on.

Have not posted in years but this case upsets me for some reason because a family that seems like a normal hard working middle class family is destroyed. I believe there were two people involved. This incident took place on a work/school night during this family's bedtime. I feel the family was awakened by the pounding on the door and James ran to the door to try to stop them from breaking in awhile yelling at Denise to call the police or get out of the house, and was shot at that time. Once inside one probably restrained and subdued Jayme while the other confronted Denise who saw that Jayme was restrained and she locked herself in the bathroom and dialed 911. During this time the Perp broke into the bathroom and killed Denise. Because this happened so quickly with Jayme being subdued they were able to leave before the police show up within four minutes of the call. With JC & DC being steadily employed and DC being involved with Jayme and people saying they had a good relationship I don't think Jayme was involved with her parents murder. Even though not much is said about James other than I read he was a little reclusive I feel the family loved one another. They did not seem to have a lot of people coming and going from the house. Jayme was well taken care of. I think this was done by two people who were fueled by drugs and the target was Jayme, JC & DC were collateral damage. This incident probably happened so quick the family could do nothing to protect themselves.

A more than sad ending would be that if Jayme is deceased, her body might not be found for a long time, meaning all clues would have disappeared. That means the killer would be free to strike again. I sure wish my train of thinking wouldn't go here.

IMO This begs the question: Have these killers (if more than one involved) previously struck? Have there been similar incidents that somehow match up with their evidence? Would they even let us know?

This horrible situation makes me remember Libby And Abby. Still unsolved, Since Feb. 14, 2017. Elizabeth and Lyric. Still unsolved, Since Friday, July 13, 2012. The Smart family, previously mentioned in the other threads. And so many others.

All of our trains of thinking wish for the miracle that sometimes appears. Though we do slip sometimes, and look at the statistics. Those that tell us that the evil darkness is infecting our world. IMO I do like staying positive. If I can.

Fink said she had just been texting with Denise Closs over the weekend about Jaymes dance schedule. "...today coming into work I was going to try to find another class for her and instead we're doing this"

So was Jayme changing her schedule for some classes but not all classes

I searched a couple more articles on this. She mentioned measuring her for her recital outfit. I don't think she was changing her schedule. My read on this is that the class was coming to an end after the recital, and they had been talking about which class she'd take next.

Morning everyone.

I am still hopeful this case will be solved. 22 days into any case is not considered cold by any means.

We seem to have become an impatient society and tend to give up easily but the police dont and continue to work hard to solve cases.

I remember a case where a pretty real estate agent was brutally murdered inside one of the model homes. She was by herself at the time.

It was a brutal gruesome overkill murder including strangulation and severe bludgeoning trauma so the crime scene was a very bloody one.

Weeks went by and night and day discussions on blogs including this one went on.

The continuous opinions at the time by most eveyone was she had been specifically targeted by someone she knew and like in most cases the majority thought it was her ex husband. Even though it was very clear they continued to have a good relationship after their marriage and her ex was devastated.

Weeks went by then a month then two months.

At the end of two months the police announced an arrest showing she was randomly targeted by an ex felon from another state.

I believe he was from Ohio and had come into Texas where the murder happened.

They were waiting all along to get the lab results on a bloody fingerprint the suspect left behind on the side door when he exited.

Once those results came back they immediately named the suspect and he was arrested for 1st degree murder and subsequently convicted of the top charge.

So there are many things happening away from the public's eye being done by the police agencies that very well could be bringing them much closer to a suspect now.

However even if it is solved they may not be able to locate Jayme especially if she was murdered.

They convicted Sierra Lamar's kidnapper and murderer but her body has never been found.

Jmo

Morning everyone.

I am still hopeful this case will be solved. 22 days into any case is not considered cold by any means.

We seem to have become an impatient society and tend to give up easily but the police dont and continue to work hard to solve cases.

I remember a case where a pretty real estate agent was brutally murdered inside one of the model homes. She was by herself at the time.

It was a brutal gruesome overkill murder including strangulation and severe bludgeoning trauma so the crime scene was a very bloody one.

Weeks went by and night and day discussions on blogs including this one went on.

The continuous opinions at the time by most eveyone was she had been specifically targeted by someone she knew and like in most cases the majority thought it was her ex husband. Even though it was very clear they continued to have a good relationship after their marriage and her ex was devastated.

Weeks went by then a month then two months.

At the end of two months the police announced an arrest showing she was randomly targeted by an ex felon from another state.

I believe he was from Ohio and had come into Texas where the murder happened.

They were waiting all along to get the lab results on a bloody fingerprint the suspect left behind on the side door when he exited.

Once those results came back they immediately named the suspect and he was arrested for 1st degree murder and subsequently convicted of the top charge.

So there are many things happening away from the public's eye being done by the police agencies that very well could be bringing them much closer to a suspect now.

However even if it is solved they may not be able to locate Jayme especially if she was murdered.

They convicted Sierra Lamar's kidnapper and murderer but her body has never been found.

Jmo

I am impatient yes, but did not suggest that this case was cold. Chilled yes, but not cold.

Also, I find it hard to compare a murder with a murder/abduction. This is a pretty unique case and I think 22 days is long enough to begin losing hope of anything good forming from this case. Not all hope, but some.

There has to be some kind of evidence in that home. They're just waiting for processing! A snap and grab from the street yields far less then a murder and kidnapping from the home.

Wasn't that mattress just walked out the door maybe 10 days ago?

Seems a few have been picked up and arrested for b.s. charges. They are 'sitting on ice' til results are received.

Films are still being viewed and social media records should be back soon.

Patience!

I am impatient yes, but did not suggest that this case was cold. Chilled yes, but not cold.

Also, I find it hard to compare a murder with a murder/abduction. This is a pretty unique case and I think 22 days is long enough to begin losing hope of anything good forming from this case. Not all hope, but some.

Ari I am sorry if I offended you for that was never my intention. I hadn't even read your post at that time when I posted.

Everyone knows it's been 22 days.

You certainly aren't the only one who thinks the case is growing cold or as you say ...chilling. that has been said by others as well

I respectfully disagree on the comparison though.

Other murders and kidnapping of children has also taken time to solve.

I just think we need to be mindful that lab results doesnt come back quickly as we may think in many high profile cases even when we expect they should.

That's all I was trying to convey.

Jmo

Ari I am sorry if I offended you for that was never my intention. I hadn't even read your post at that time when I posted.

Everyone knows it's been 22 days.

You certainly aren't the only one who thinks the case is growing cold or as you say ...chilling. that has been said by others as well

I respectfully disagree on the comparison though.

Other murders and kidnapping of children has also taken time to solve.

I just think we need to be mindful that lab results doesnt come back quickly as we may think in many high profile cases even when we expect they should.

That's all I was trying to convey.

Jmo

I appreciate that. Thank you.

Oh absolutely, I'm sure that LE have a bunch of stuff going on that we don't know about and hopefully one of those things will break the case. I think it's just my natural reaction to lose hope when it goes quiet. It's my natural response to headlines like "Police scale back search...." etc. I can't wait to be shocked (and hopefully relieved) when something breaks in this case.

There has to be some kind of evidence in that home. They're just waiting for processing! A snap and grab from the street yields far less then a murder and kidnapping from the home.

Wasn't that mattress just walked out the door maybe 10 days ago?

Seems a few have been picked up and arrested for b.s. charges. They are 'sitting on ice' til results are received.

Films are still being viewed and social media records should be back soon.

Patience!

ITA!

I have seen many seasoned detectives say over the years that while working a bloody crime scene is the hardest on them emotionally...mentally it is those cases which usually yields the most evidence.

Imo

I appreciate that. Thank you.

Oh absolutely, I'm sure that LE have a bunch of stuff going on that we don't know about and hopefully one of those things will break the case. I think it's just my natural reaction to lose hope when it goes quiet. It's my natural response to headlines like "Police scale back search...." etc. I can't wait to be shocked (and hopefully relieved) when something breaks in this case.

I truly understand but it's rather common in all cases for them to start scaling back after 2 or 3 weeks of when it happened.

But they still have a team of investigators constantly working on the cases.

Unfortunately there are always other cases or varying crimes where the officers are needed and must investigate those as well.

Jmo

Why did the perp/perps choose this particular house? It isn't easily seen from the highway, it isn't a house that signals wealth, it is on a stretch of highway 8 that normally one would whizz by, why not choose the house next door?
Can anyone think of a reason why JC would have brought a large amount of money home with him? He could have been followed, killed and the money taken. Although it is not thought to be a robbery based crime, how can one be sure that he didn't bring something home that night, was followed and that something taken. That a simple robbery then escalated into this horrific crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist