AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - rumor> Assuming both of these are accurate - Denise changing Jayme's dance schedule and her being out of school - could they have been aware of a threat to Jayme and/or themselves and been changing her schedule out of caution?

Which could potentially relate to:

My primary questions about confidential informants would be, why would they be confidential informants, likely knowing the very high risks, with a 13 year old daughter? I'm not sure how that works - do you fall into being one if you witness a crime and the police ask you to? Do you volunteer to? Do they ask you to for some other reason? How does one come to be a confidential informant? I really can't see them volunteering to be one (or two) but you never know.

Regardless of whether the confidential informant thing is likely (so many possibilities, who really knows), could it have been possible they were aware of a threat, from whatever source it may have been, and been changing her schedule?
So much so that someone had to take control and go get her when they knew they could. Very interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are several people who said that they were willing to help anyone in need.
This could expand into someone who expected something that they were not able to provide for them, then things went haywire.
Moo

Odd that there is a big meth bust the next day accross the street! “Unrelated”, police say.

OT- my children grew up without cousins!
My husband who is adopted recently was found by his older brother.
We hope to meet his brother in January!
Yep. Random DNA submission and boom!
Brothers!
Our family gatherings consisted of my aunts, uncles, cousins and parents.
Most of whom are no longer with us.
On topic!
I'm happy to hear Jayme was involved and close with family members.
Only children can get so lonely even with extracurricular activities!
I hated being an only child!!!
Moo
Good on you and yours. My best. :)

Re: Dance Class Time Change

Dance class was on Wednesdays. Denise taught youth religion classes on Wed.
Source: Church schedule, is known to teach youth classes at church
Perhaps caretaker is less involved now that Jayme has different middle school schedule, and bus brings her home instead of aunt’s house (like they had when aunt lives in Cameron during and prior to her sixth grade year.)

<modsnip - rumor >Assuming both of these are accurate - Denise changing Jayme's dance schedule and her being out of school - could they have been aware of a threat to Jayme and/or themselves and been changing her schedule out of caution?

Which could potentially relate to:

My primary questions about confidential informants would be, why would they be confidential informants, likely knowing the very high risks, with a 13 year old daughter? I'm not sure how that works - do you fall into being one if you witness a crime and the police ask you to? Do you volunteer to? Do they ask you to for some other reason? How does one come to be a confidential informant? I really can't see them volunteering to be one (or two) but you never know.

Regardless of whether the confidential informant thing is likely (so many possibilities, who really knows), could it have been possible they were aware of a threat, from whatever source it may have been, and been changing her schedule?
Often people become CI's because they are caught in something illegal. They might be asked to cooperate because it might be more dangerous not to. For example, lets say someone works at a sawmill. And the mill is laundering money. Then LE says what choice do you have? Help us or you go down with the ship. If they suddenly quit, its a red flag.

Last edited by a moderator:
OT- my children grew up without cousins!
My husband who is adopted recently was found by his older brother.
We hope to meet his brother in January!
Yep. Random DNA submission and boom!
Brothers!
Our family gatherings consisted of my aunts, uncles, cousins and parents.
Most of whom are no longer with us.
On topic!
I'm happy to hear Jayme was involved and close with family members.
Only children can get so lonely even with extracurricular activities!
I hated being an only child!!!
Moo
That is great and what a wonderful gift for your husband. I hope you have a lifetime ahead making happy memories...

I really believe the "gifts" were little party favor gifts, not like a big thought out gift for each person. Could have been something crafty or a little candy bag. My thinking was they probably brought one for each kid, and probably gave one to grandpa. Just my opinion.

That's what I'm thinking too. The point of the family member sharing that was to show how thoughtful Denis was to others-- she was trying to make the day special and include everyone in the activities. I don't think it is some "sign" Denise knew what was going to happen. I think the point was that it was not unusual for her to be thoughtful like that. The items could have been dollar store toys or coloring books or inexpensive little games to keep the kids busy. It's the thought behind it that matters, not what she bought everyone. It just shows the type of person she was--thinking of others. JMO.

Often people become CI's because they are caught in something illegal. They might be asked to cooperate because it might be more dangerous not to. For example, lets say someone works at a sawmill. And the mill is laundering money. Then LE says what choice do you have? Help us or you go down with the ship. If they suddenly quit, its a red flag.

Oh okay thank you for this insight. So IMO most likely the Closs were not CIs unless they were unknowingly caught in the middle of such a circumstance. But with working at a turkey factory, going to church, and Jayme being in middle school, that seems wildly unlikely. IMO

That's what I'm thinking too. The point of the family member sharing that was to show how thoughtful Denis was to others-- she was trying to make the day special and include everyone in the activities. I don't think it is some "sign" Denise knew what was going to happen. I think the point was that it was not unusual for her to be thoughtful like that. The items could have been dollar store toys or coloring books or inexpensive little games to keep the kids busy. It's the thought behind it that matters, not what she bought everyone. It just shows the type of person she was--thinking of others. JMO.
Was first reported as Jayme giving gifts. Later reported as Denise. I guess they were, “two peas in a pod”.

Oh okay thank you for this insight. So IMO most likely the Closs were not CIs unless they were unknowingly caught in the middle of such a circumstance. But with working at a turkey factory, going to church, and Jayme being in middle school, that seems wildly unlikely. IMO
It also seems wildly unlikely some random perp just happens to kick the door in, kill 2 people and take their child.

Was first reported as Jayme giving gifts. Later reported as Denise. I guess they were, “two peas in a pod”.

I haven't seen a source saying Jayme gave out gifts. I have only seen this (BBM):

"Jayme’s grandfather, 72-year-old Robert Naiberg, said nothing seemed amiss at the family gathering attended by Jayme and her mother Sunday afternoon. He said Jayme’s father was at work at the time.

Naiberg, Deniss Closs’ father, said Tuesday that Jayme “was quiet as always” at his grandson’s birthday party. Denise Closs, Naiberg said, was “a thoughtful person (who brought) a little gift for everybody” at the party.

The sheriff said it’s his belief the gathering was where Jayme was last known to be, adding that it was not held at the Closs home."

Sheriff: Missing girl at home when parents were shot to death

It's possible, however, that Denise brought little items for everyone (like party favors) and Jayme helped her pass them out. JMO.

Tried to find one. Nothing. Sheriff spoke of it however, I have seen pics, and it was in log. Sheriff said, “I just wanted the public to be aware of the reason for police presence in the area. It is unrelated.” Or some such. Funny it is no longer readily avail in Google search...
I have seen many posts w links and pics about it.

This is the part that doesn't make any sense. The 911 call has no intelligible speech (except maybe "help") and yet something on it led LE to believe Jayme was there when the call was made. Someone help me understand that.

The phone could’ve been in a different area of the house than where the parents’ bodies were found, with no obvious evidence that the parents had moved away from that spot. I even had the thought that maybe Jayme had the phone hidden as she was being drug to the car. Perp could’ve discovered it then and thrown it. Lots of possibilities I think.

I hate that nothing else is being released. A press conference with just a tiny detail might spark more tips and definitely would help keep her in the public eye. I’m holding out hope that they’ve got more information than they’re letting on and maybe they’re getting close to finding her.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member