AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best delay theory I’ve read so far. Makes perfect sense.

Its a good theory but then the only question i would ask is why did it take Jayme 20 minutes to make the 911 call? If she hid more or less straightaway after the first gunshots (12.31 according to the neighbours) then she would have had the phone with her, so why the delay in making the call? Unless the neighbours were mistaken in the time of the shots, if they were later (12.51?) then that would fit in with the phone call being made a couple of minutes later.

Its a good theory but then the only question i would ask is why did it take Jayme 20 minutes to make the 911 call? If she hid more or less straightaway after the first gunshots (12.31 according to the neighbours) then she would have had the phone with her, so why the delay in making the call? Unless the neighbours were mistaken in the time of the shots, if they were later (12.51?) then that would fit in with the phone call being made a couple of minutes later.
I like the delay theory- the delay of why the perp was there so long- searching for a well-hidden Jayme. As for a phone theory, I think Denise made the call. She may have had to crawl through rooms, pain and blackouts to get to it. As someone mentioned, I think it was the last valiant, heroic thing she willed herself to accomplish before leaving this earth. As for a motive theory... no clue.

It happens. Especially when we're tired or multi-tasking or simply replying to one thing someone said in a response and it somehow turns into something completely different. I honestly couldn't even tell how that other stuff got thrown into the mix, or by whom. I just assumed I couldn't follow what was being said because I was not awake and trying to do too many things at once. Hell, I replied several times to Mtlites this morning about something another poster had actually said, and couldn't figure out what SHE wasn't able to understand ME. LOL.

I am having the same problem about being confused.

My confusion is trying to understand the link between Denise's private financial matters such as taken a loan out on their home sometime ago and how that could possibly have any relevancy to the parents being murdered and Jayme taken???

I dont even know who brought it up now but I have tried my best to understand how it links to the murders and abduction.

Although I couldnt understand either when someone suggested Denise's years old debt she settled long ago somehow is linked. LOL

If you know Kat.....please explain it to me. Tia

Jmo

I am having the same problem about being confused.

My confusion is trying to understand the link between Denise's private financial matters such as taken a loan out on their home sometime ago and how that could possibly have any relevancy to the parents being murdered and Jayme taken???

I dont even know who brought it up now but I have tried my best to understand how it links to the murders and abduction.

Although I couldnt understand either when someone suggested Denise's years old debt she settled long ago somehow is linked. LOL

If you know Kat.....please explain it to me. Tia

Jmo

Don't look at me, Honey. I skip right past all that debt/mortgage stuff. It's hard enough to follow theories that do make sense to me. ;)

I think the killing of the parents may have been a fear play to gain Jayme's complete submission to the abductor's will. She would have been completely traumatized by that level of violence and it would then lead to the abductor being able to remind her of what he could do to her if she didn't comply. Just my .02 though. I am going to attempt to not marry myself too closely to any theory until I have enough information to formulate something more solid.
I've married and divorced many theories during 20 threads.
I will say I believe if the truth comes out it will most likely be none of the ones ever thought of it being! Think Mollie Tibbetts!

(Snipped for focus)

Or for money...or guns...or prescription medications. Or maybe they just flat out lost control of the scene, which is my personal gut feeling.
<modsnip - quoted post removed >

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet look at the teens from the Grunwald case. And all the kids that suspected or knew of it were terrified and didn't say a word.

I disagree. That little group kept secrets because they all had them and it didn’t take long for LE TO FIGURE it out and break two of them. Those parents in that section of the area live a total different lifestyle. They don’t keep track of kids and teach them very little respect or restraint.

Ok I'll take a stab at the debt - loan! To me, an accountant, a woman that age with that kind of debt bothers me. Most of us use credit cards when we are younger and buying homes and raising young families.

Can you imagine the monthly interest on a $13,000 credit card bill at say 16% interest!
So I ask myself what's she buying?

Neither of them were spring chickens they were older parents when they had Jayme.
If they had house damage in 2017 why not take out a small home equity loan? If Jayme had medical bills same thing.

I'm pretty sure my husband would flinch at a $13,000 credit card bill as would I if he presented me with one!

What was being charged? Questions we ponder.

I wonder if any of the family members noticed DC being distracted or short or otherwise not herself at the family gathering? Seemingly not but you'd think if she had something on her mind or seemed worried/nervous/anxious, they'd have noticed. It seems like as far as we know everything seemed like any other time. Who knows, but if she did seem off that would lend towards it not being random. This "far" along, with all the usual suspects and theories checked out, doesn't it start to lean towards being a random crime? I really don't know, just thinking. JMO.

I wonder if any of the family members noticed DC being distracted or short or otherwise not herself at the family gathering? Seemingly not but you'd think if she had something on her mind or seemed worried/nervous/anxious, they'd have noticed. It seems like as far as we know everything seemed like any other time. Who knows, but if she did seem off that would lend towards it not being random. This "far" along, with all the usual suspects and theories checked out, doesn't it start to lean towards being a random crime? I really don't know, just thinking. JMO.
I’ve been thinking about that last known picture of her at the party that Sunday since I’ve seen it, but knowing a still shot really doesn’t tell you much, because it’s just a split second of a moment in time, I haven’t mentioned my thoughts on it. To me she looks distracted, like she is deep thinking, or just not very thrilled to be in that spot at that time. That’s just my observation. Like I said, it could be nothing, but something I noticed right away. IMO

But why not kill Jayme too?
Motive is the key.
Profile of the killer(s)
Sex: most likely male
Type of weapons used: ????
Type of vehicle used: ???? Stolen?
Connection to victims: ??
Criminal History: Probable or Pro
Organized crime: Possible
Military and or police training: possible
Top likely Motives: Money, Sex, Hit

I’ve been thinking about that last known picture of her at the party that Sunday since I’ve seen it, but knowing a still shot really doesn’t tell you much, because it’s just a split second of a moment in time, I haven’t mentioned my thoughts on it. To me she looks distracted, like she is deep thinking, or just not very thrilled to be in that spot at that time. That’s just my observation. Like I said, it could be nothing, but something I noticed right away. IMO
I noticed it too. Imo it's not unusual for teens to get bored at family gatherings unless they have a cousin their age, bring a friend or something.

Motive is the key.
Profile of the killer(s)
Sex: most likely male
Type of weapons used: ????
Type of vehicle used: ???? Stolen?
Connection to victims: ??
Criminal History: Probable or Pro
Organized crime: Possible
Military and or police training: possible
Top likely Motives: Money, Sex, Hit
Weapon used - Some type of firearm.
Another motive - rage/revenge over resentment/perceived disrespect..... That is a good factual/practical/logical list. Thanks for posting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13